Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sorus
Nov 6, 2007
caustic overtones

Al Borland Corpse posted:

I feel like Marina Sirtis must post here cause I keep seeing her quote retweet the same tweets that are coming up in this thread

She's just sensitive to moods.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

I feel like Marina Sirtis must post here cause I keep seeing her quote retweet the same tweets that are coming up in this thread

Trump IV: Imzadi Was Here

Reik
Mar 8, 2004

"There is no anything." is a pretty great line.

Max Peck
Oct 12, 2013

You know you're having a bad day when a Cylon ambush would improve it.

That might actually be true, horrifyingly enough. He would have seen it on Fox, right?

Reik
Mar 8, 2004

Bugsy posted:

Trump Thread IV: There is no anything.

This guy gets it.

Edmund Lava
Sep 8, 2004

Hey, I'm from Brooklyn. I'm going to call myself Mr. Friendly.

SHOAH NUFF posted:

Can we stop being surprised by Trump having no intellect, shame or morality

Same for the Republican Party as a whole. The only reason they condemned Timothy McVeigh is that the media was just too drat polite to point out he was motivated by the right wing narrative on Waco/Ruby Ridge.

The right loves their domestic terrorist.

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

OAquinas posted:

Florida does require personal injury protection insurance. But otherwise, yeah--no inspections or whatnot.

Of course, the fun question is "how many are still driving without insurance anyway?"

thank you, i should've clarified that they require "insurance" that will not actually help anyone in case of an accident

bornbytheriver
Apr 23, 2010
https://twitter.com/BarrettBrown_/status/1055917952942460930

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

https://twitter.com/ddale8/status/1055926944657747970

haaaaaaaaaaaaa

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Living in Alabama the idea of having to get my vehicle inspected is honestly quite alien to me. Not that I'm against it, it just literally has never ever crossed my mind as a policy that could exist

Not having to get a safety inspection on a vehicle is completely alien to me, and I live in Texas. TEXAS! Do people just drive around with poo poo falling off their cars and with non-functioning indicators and stuff, running rich and burning oil or coolant or whatever and no one thinks that's a problem?

Reik
Mar 8, 2004
I just got this image in my head of the Trump brothers driving around Florida in a panic because the FBI is already on to their bombing spree and they don't know what to do, then they spot this guy's van and a light bulb goes off and they just run up to him and go "hey man, can you go to federal prison for us for like 50 years?" and he's just like "Hell yeah!"

SimonCat
Aug 12, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
College Slice

Living in Alabama the idea of having to get my vehicle inspected is honestly quite alien to me. Not that I'm against it, it just literally has never ever crossed my mind as a policy that could exist

Same for Iowa. Though I think the winters here create a kind of natural selection for old cars.

ReidRansom posted:

Not having to get a safety inspection on a vehicle is completely alien to me, and I live in Texas. TEXAS! Do people just drive around with poo poo falling off their cars and with non-functioning indicators and stuff, running rich and burning oil or coolant or whatever and no one thinks that's a problem?

No, people maintain their vehicles and modern cars run better than older ones do anyway. Vehicle inspections are a scam.

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

ReidRansom posted:

Yes

When I was a kid we had to have regular inspections in SC but they actively changed the law to remove the requirement

VH4Ever
Oct 1, 2005

by sebmojo

ReidRansom posted:

I can see you've never visited Florida.

knox_harrington
Feb 18, 2011

Running no point.

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

The sign had 2 sides

Aren't those synthol arms? They've got that bulbous look, together with spindly forearms.

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

Office Pig posted:

Interesting tactic.

Denying reality is annoyingly effective.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

The sign had 2 sides

My broken brain sees this guy as the evil twin for Sloth from The Goonies.

Typo
Aug 19, 2009

Chernigov Military Aviation Lyceum
The Fighting Slowpokes

dudes got a point there's no anything

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

Republicans posted:

Denying reality is annoyingly effective.

Well Fox blurred the van's windows so of course he didn't see anything

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

you'd think after two years i'd be less dumbfounded at the lovely non-sentences that fall out of his mush brain but here we are

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

SimonCat posted:

No, people maintain their vehicles and modern cars run better than older ones do anyway. Vehicle inspections are a scam.

It's $12 a year. And you don't need one for two years on new cars. What a scam.

Panaflex
Sep 28, 2001

ReidRansom posted:

Thats how it is here in California. You should see the sheer number of rolling junkyards on the roads.

Ixjuvin
Aug 8, 2009

if smug was a motorcycle, it just jumped over a fucking canyon
Nap Ghost

He's a nihilist, is Donny. He believes in nothing.

SimonCat
Aug 12, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
College Slice

ReidRansom posted:

It's $12 a year. And you don't need one for two years on new cars. What a scam.

IDk, I've been to most of the states and there is no discernible difference between the cars found in say Texas vs Oklahoma. The emissions testing in dense areas makes sense, but the "safety" inspections make as much sense as banning self-serve pumps in New Jersey in the name of public safety.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vehicle_inspection_in_the_United_States

ReindeerF
Apr 20, 2002

Rubber Dinghy Rapids Bro
Don't miss this Louisvely story, which is being buried by the bombing story

Only registered members can see post attachments!

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen
How can 13 seperate terrorist incidents, including attempted assassinations of former Presidents and current members of Congress, boil down to five charges and "only" 50 years in prison?

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
I came here to Kick Ass and Chew Bubblegum,
and I'm All out of Ass

Your Taint posted:

How can 13 seperate terrorist incidents, including attempted assassinations of former Presidents and current members of Congress, boil down to five charges and "only" 50 years in prison?

Did you not see the color of his skin?

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

Your Taint posted:

Cuz he's white.

redreader
Nov 2, 2009

I am the coolest person ever with my pirate chalice. Seriously.

Dinosaur Gum

Do people drive around with cars that billow smoke?

Aramis
Sep 22, 2009

redreader posted:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rolling_coal

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

redreader posted:

emissions inspections are a separate thing I think

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

ReidRansom posted:

Yeah. You'll see a few cars a day with just no bumper, beat to poo poo, but if your indicator is broken you theoretically get pulled over

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

Panaflex posted:

Thats how it is here in California. You should see the sheer number of rolling junkyards on the roads.

I am convinced smog checks are a scam bc theres no way some of those clunkers would pass anything legit

Collusion with BIG SMOG

Telsa Cola
Aug 19, 2011

No... this is all wrong... this whole operation has just gone completely sidewaysface

my bony fealty posted:

I am convinced smog checks are a scam bc theres no way some of those clunkers would pass anything legit

Collusion with BIG SMOG

People add/remove things to meet the standards then undo whatever they did. Its super common.

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

my bony fealty posted:

Collusion with BIG SMOG

the emissions testing actually makes it harder to beat inspections, at least here in ny. before that though, yeah, if you knew the mechanic he'd just scrape the old sticker off put on the new one and send you on your way

LegendaryFrog
Oct 8, 2006

The Mastered Mind

The effort by APS (AZ energy company) against Arizona's Clean Energy proposition is equally brazen and absurd. Our (very conservative) Attorney General was forced to file suit against several AZ counties and towns for violating the law because they used tax dollars to fund town/county initiatives campaigning against prop 127. They actually used public money to campaign people to vote a certain way.

This is glaringly obviously illegal such that even a friendly to the concept AG can't ignore it. However, it contains a light enough penalty ($5,000) that these elected officials don't remotely care and see it as worth while to intentionally break the law to try to get prop 127 voted down.

Here is a quote from an APS representative gloating about that fact.

"Matthew Benson, a spokesman working for APS' parent company to fight Prop. 127, said that if the communities violated the law, it was not a big deal, and he said Clark made the complaint to help pass the clean-energy measure.
"This complaint on the part of Yes on 127 surrogates is an attempt to punish local leaders who spoke out against Prop. 127," Benson said. "It’s not going to amount to anything, I suspect. At most, perhaps the state will assess a de minimis fine for a de minimis violation. That’d be fitting."

https://www.azcentral.com/story/new...paign=speakable

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Personally I support insane level Japanese style vehicle inspections once poo poo gets beyond a certain age, but that's a non-starter in the US for so many reasons. Also, not really under the umbrella of this thread.

curlys gold
Jan 17, 2018

Lately I’ve seen stuff where people are expressing their frustration at being thought of as a bad person if they think the president is a good person. This really makes me wonder what the qualifications for being a good person are. The bar seems very very low.

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

SHOAH NUFF posted:

Can we stop being surprised by Trump having no intellect, shame or morality

We'd love to, but he's the President.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

ReindeerF posted: