Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

:blastu::dogcited:
Lipstick Apathy

The Bloop posted:

There is a real thing called American Cheese (it is a blend of cheddar, colby and other things and is prized for being easily melty)

What most generic Americans mean is Kraft singles, except that's the fancy expensive stuff so they actually mean a store-brand knockoff of that.

Hey! That's some pretty honest cheese right there. I appreciate that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

ShortyMR.CAT posted:

American style burgs, pattie melts, and grilled cheese needs exactly this and nothing more.

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

Ultimate Mango posted:

American style burgs, pattie melts, and grilled cheese needs exactly this and nothing more.

well, patty melts use swiss, for one thing, so

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

ShortyMR.CAT posted:

Cheese food

Like Cat food or Dog food. Cheese food.

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

The Bloop posted:

Cheese food

White American cheese is fed a vegan diet, which is why it is so pale. It’s morally wrong because American cheese is an obligate carnivore.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

:blastu::dogcited:
Lipstick Apathy

The Bloop posted:

Cheese food

I also appreciate that food brand with extremely minimal labeling. I would love a BEER and some CHIPS

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Okay, cool. "Cheese" slices are supremely nasty and if that's what Millennials killed, I am fuckin HERE for it.

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!
I will accept American cheese on a burger, maybe even a tuna melt, but NOWHERE ELSE

As a kid I somehow Homer Simpson-ed those drat slices. Really have no idea how. Virtually any other cheese would be better in any situation.

I'm pretty sure there are people who melt that stuff over nachos, which is :barf:

M_Sinistrari
Sep 5, 2008

Do you like scary movies?

The Bloop posted:

Cheese food

What else are you going to feed your pet Gouda?

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

Tunicate posted:

Government cheese.

Strangely, government cheese is not government cheese until literally handed over to the government in cheese form. By law, the government cannot own any of the ingredients that go into it.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Sir Lemming posted:

I will accept American cheese on a burger, maybe even a tuna melt, but NOWHERE ELSE

As a kid I somehow Homer Simpson-ed those drat slices. Really have no idea how. Virtually any other cheese would be better in any situation.

I'm pretty sure there are people who melt that stuff over nachos, which is :barf:

American cheese tastes pretty ok on a burger or (in some cases) a sandwich, but for the love of god I can't even stomach the idea of eating a slice out of hand. No idea why, it just takes on some kind of mystical properties when you put it on something strongly-flavored. By itself it's just such a confusing taste

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

It's just kind of melty and creamy on a burg. Of course you can get better quality that's just good cheese processed with sodium citrate so it melts like that without breaking, or make it yourself.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

boar guy posted:

well, patty melts use swiss, for one thing, so

Counterpoint: I have never had a patty melt with Swiss. Is that possibly a regional variation?

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

The Bloop posted:

Cheese food

process cheese food is your sure helper

this is a recipe for cheese sandwiches in a vat of melted cheese

I like proper American cheese and Velveeta

old bean factory
Nov 18, 2006

Will ya close the fucking doors?!

drat, burned the Vienetta again.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Pastry of the Year posted:

You can tell a recipe is good when the product blinds you with its sheer luminosity.

skrapp mettle
Mar 17, 2007

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

Craft slice wonder-bread grilled cheese in a raging vortex of the velveeta holocaust. Can only be served in a room with green shag carpet.

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

LadyPictureShow posted:

Counterpoint: I have never had a patty melt with Swiss. Is that possibly a regional variation?
In your region, yes.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Patty_melt

Mister Olympus
Oct 31, 2011

Buzzard, Who Steals From Dead Bodies

"This top quality cheese food gives the folks mighty important food values" is a sentence written by an alien robot trying to comprehend meatbag processes.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender
So is "Velveeta is as digestable as milk itself!".

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

I remain convinced that people in the mid-century lived their whole lives in constant digestive distress

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

Wow I’ve never seen or heard of patty melt with Swiss cheese.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out
Swiss cheese, rye bread, sautéed onions. Patty melt isn't pizza, it has rules :colbert:

Data Graham posted:

I remain convinced that people in the mid-century lived their whole lives in constant digestive distress

Read some of the ads for laxatives and you wouldn't be far off.

Also things that make you burp, like Bromo-Seltzer.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Ultimate Mango posted:

Wow I’ve never seen or heard of patty melt with Swiss cheese.

:same:

Any time I've had it, it's American cheese and has thousand island dressing on it; though Wikipedia says they're acceptable variations.

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

ShortyMR.CAT posted:

I also appreciate that food brand with extremely minimal labeling. I would love a BEER and some CHIPS

I tried this out of curiosity and was not disappointed.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

LadyPictureShow posted:

Here you go:
E: found the chocolate fountain one, edited out the other one.

quote:

Just as I was about to get up, I watched a little kid, probably about 6-7 years old, walk up to the CHOCOLATE WONDERFALL and stick a fried chicken leg in it.

After thoroughly chocolating this chicken leg, the kid yanks it out from under the WONDERFALL, makes no attempt to put a plate under it or anything, and turns and walks away from the thing, trailing the chicken leg at his side like a caveman's club.

Little dude walks back to his table, looks at the chicken leg with some consternation, and then just throws it under the table on the floor.

This kid is this thread's spirit animal.

rndmnmbr
Jul 3, 2012

NinjaDebugger posted:

Strangely, government cheese is not government cheese until literally handed over to the government in cheese form. By law, the government cannot own any of the ingredients that go into it.

It's also actual real cheese, not pasturized processed imitation cheese-flavored food product.

CommonShore posted:

This kid is this thread's spirit animal.

Not until he eats that chocolate chicken leg with joy and abandon, he isn't.

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost

Sir Lemming posted:

Like these?

bloom
Feb 25, 2017

by sebmojo

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Oh nice to see teratoma is back on the menu

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Aesop Poprock posted:

Oh nice to see teratoma is back on the menu

Today I learned something.

I did not want to learn about that.

atholbrose
Feb 28, 2001

Splish!

AlbieQuirky posted:

Swiss cheese, rye bread, sautéed onions. Patty melt isn't pizza, it has rules :colbert:

:yeah:

LadyPictureShow posted:

Any time I've had it, it's American cheese and has thousand island dressing on it; though Wikipedia says they're acceptable variations.

That, my friend, is a Frisco melt, and it's a delicious thing but different.

ulmont
Sep 15, 2010

IF I EVER MISS VOTING IN AN ELECTION (EVEN AMERICAN IDOL) ,OR HAVE UNPAID PARKING TICKETS, PLEASE TAKE AWAY MY FRANCHISE

Scathach posted:

I tried this out of curiosity and was not disappointed.

This was also pretty good.

McSpergin
Sep 10, 2013

I'm just gonna say that good lagers and english ales are extremely underrated and all you ipa swilling hipsters can keep that fruity filth while I will drink good lager by the loving barrel lol

Aunt Beth
Feb 24, 2006

Baby, you're ready!
Grimey Drawer
^hear hear
I’ll take a well-done English ale or a Pilsner over some hop bomb IPA any day

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

I think it's pretty widely acknowledged that IPAs are garbage, they're just so common because it's easier to make, since the hops override any actual flavour

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

bike tory posted:

I think it's pretty widely acknowledged that alot of IPAs are garbage, they're just so common because it's easier to make, since the hops override any actual flavour

FTFY

There are some very well balanced and delicious IPAs out there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

Unironically a great New Zealand casual drinking beer.

Somfin has a new favorite as of 04:37 on Oct 28, 2018