Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

In reality it's just dumb and bad. Much like the rest of the game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

There's so much interesting stuff you can do in a fallout setting and bethesda repeatedly does none of it.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Agent355 posted:

There's so much interesting stuff you can do in a fallout setting and bethesda repeatedly does none of it.

Why not make a mod?

Lunatic Sledge
Jun 8, 2013

choose your own horror isekai sci-fi Souls-like urban fantasy gamer simulator adventure

or don't?
I hear the fans are doing some real interesting things in that New California mod

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Lunatic Sledge posted:

I hear the fans are doing some real interesting things in that New California mod

That's one word for it.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I thought New California is the fallout you all wanted? :confused:

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

Mr Hootington posted:

There is a monetary incentive for Bethesda to fix issues with the game.

No there isn't. They have the opposite incentive because dipshits will buy whatever turds they squeeze out. We're seeing it in this thread in real time.

Lunatic Sledge posted:

it was touched on in an earlier conversation, but as far as "traditional Bethesda games" go Skyrim and FO3 had fairly different design priorities and structures than each other, with 4 dropping a lot from 3 but not quite descending to Skyrim levels vis a vis cutting out character build interactivity and dialogue trees

I think the sandbox stuff--that is, running around, finding new places, sneaking past and/or murdering poo poo, looting everything and maybe making poo poo with it is the most consistent between Bethesda's properties including 76

it's only when you start peering at, say, plot progression and quest options that a.) one starts questioning what that actually is in a traditional Bethesda game and b.) whatever the gently caress it is it ain't here

the sandbox is definitely still the sandbox though, I don't think anything in 76 is really crippling the find-stuff-steal-everything-stab-monsters experience (except maybe game performance)

Bethesda games are games you stuff 237 mods into and see how many steps you take before you get a crash :colbert:

If you talk about FO76 and don't mention load orders I don't even wanna know you

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
I'm gonna have fun loving around on this with my friends for the couple hours a week I get to play video games, a thing that are for children

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

LITERALLY MY FETISH posted:

No there isn't. They have the opposite incentive because dipshits will buy whatever turds they squeeze out. We're seeing it in this thread in real time.

Yeah there is rear end in a top hat. You need something to draw people in to buy the cosmetics bullshit you produce.

JohnLovely
Aug 15, 2017

by Athanatos
Grimey Drawer
okay

this is epic

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Mr Hootington posted:

Not really, I've been waiting for The Frontier instead.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nenXX9wQRY

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

Mr Hootington posted:

Yeah there is rear end in a top hat. You need something to draw people in to buy the cosmetics bullshit you produce.

It's called 'being named bethesda' and it's all the draw they need. There's nothing to incentivize them to do more than that.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Arcsquad12 posted:

Not really, I've been waiting for The Frontier instead.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nenXX9wQRY

That looks interesting. Which game is it a mod for and what is the story?

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Mr Hootington posted:

That looks interesting. Which game is it a mod for and what is the story?

New Vegas mod. About a division of NCR troopers who went rogue after Helios One and settled in Oregon where they fight off a Legion attack trying to go around the north of the NCR.

GWBBQ
Jan 2, 2005

Mr Hootington posted:

Could the AI have problems due to multiple PCs being around them so they want to aggro on everyone, but it can not figure out who? A lot of the issues seem to be with scorched and super mutants that have guns.

The animals seem ok and melee enemies seem ok. They just have to charge and attack the nearest.
There was a video, I forget how many pages ago, of dogs acting really dumb. They were chasing a player and just ran past him when he stopped, then paused for a split second before moving again.

Mr Hootington posted:

Until we actually got it and found out it's Fallout: Incel Edition.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Arcsquad12 posted:

New Vegas mod. About a division of NCR troopers who went rogue after Helios One and settled in Oregon where they fight off a Legion attack trying to go around the north of the NCR.

That sounds cool. Is it straight FPS cod style or will it have roaming?

GWBBQ posted:

There was a video, I forget how many pages ago, of dogs acting really dumb. They were chasing a player and just ran past him when he stopped, then paused for a split second before moving again.

Yeah I saw that video. Most of the animal ai seemed ok besides hiccups. There was one where a bunch of rad rats attacked a guy and the last one ran off.

Again sounds like the fallout most people wanted.

Mr Hootington fucked around with this message at 01:52 on Oct 27, 2018

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Mr Hootington posted:

That sounds cool. Is it straight FPS cod style or will it have roaming?

Seems to be a bit more open, at least judging from this WIP walkthrough the devs posted last year.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zrze3kSr8A8

AllNewJonasSalk
Apr 22, 2017

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Just chiming in to say that I can't wait to play this game and then put it down for other games. Everybody have fun playing things you enjoy and maybe not poo poo on people for liking things you hate.

This is a hot pocket take. Much love.

upgunned shitpost
Jan 21, 2015

this is the worst thread in games.

Scott Forstall
Aug 16, 2003

MMM THAT FAUX LEATHER
Just preloaded the game! Thrillho on Bethesda.net, lets play together

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

Mr Hootington posted:

they didn't have to do poo poo to get you to drop 60 on it, did they

microtransactions aren't a game of large numbers of fish, they're a game of whales, and if this many people are dropping full price for it they're gonna snag some big fuckers

also fuckin lol at getting testy at someone saying you're wrong about bethesda fixing their games, like, do you even pay attention to anything bethesda does

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

LITERALLY MY FETISH posted:

they didn't have to do poo poo to get you to drop 60 on it, did they

microtransactions aren't a game of large numbers of fish, they're a game of whales, and if this many people are dropping full price for it they're gonna snag some big fuckers

also fuckin lol at getting testy at someone saying you're wrong about bethesda fixing their games, like, do you even pay attention to anything bethesda does

I dont mind people saying I am wrong. You are being a cock.

GWBBQ
Jan 2, 2005

The workbench lag fix mod is great, makes everything a lot less tedious. Now if anyone can explain how that makes lock picking so much faster ...

VocalizePlayerDeath
Jan 29, 2009

I pre-ordered for exclusive skins. Also I'm gonna buy cosmetics.

Spacedad
Sep 11, 2001

We go play orbital catch around the curvature of the earth, son.

Scott Forstall posted:

Just preloaded the game! Thrillho on Bethesda.net, lets play together

Same. Glad I got my new SSD last week.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

AllNewJonasSalk posted:

Maybe not poo poo on people for liking things you hate.

People deserve to be shitted on for enabling terrible cash grabs and poor practices.

Lunatic Sledge
Jun 8, 2013

choose your own horror isekai sci-fi Souls-like urban fantasy gamer simulator adventure

or don't?
people who buy 76 are responsible for 76 being bad

don't think about it

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Imagine actually spending money on games

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Always remember Donald Trump's brother is a director of Zenimax Media

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

https://youtu.be/_Ojd0BdtMBY?t=4

GWBBQ posted:

So, the fallout everyone wanted?

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."

frajaq posted:

Always remember Donald Trump's brother is a director of Zenimax Media

Fun fact--This is one of the reasons Mueller actually had investigators looking into Zenimax for any evidence of colluding with Russian officials:

quote:

...while they found a "significant" amount of materials referencing occult and Communist Chinese precepts...Altman [Zenimax's chairman]--a devout supporter of Hillary Clinton's 2016 presidential campaign--invited some of his highest profile personnel to meet with investigators and assure them of their innocence. Among those individuals was Peter Hines, a seasoned PR executive from one of Zenimax's subsidiaries. According to reports, Hines invited FBI agents to a "hands-on" tour of an MMORPG video game called "Fallout 76"; when there were technical difficulties with getting the game to work, a federal forensic accountant allegedly suggested that the video game company might indeed be a shell corporation for laundering bribe money.

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant
You've gone too far this time Cream of Plenty

Super Rad
Feb 15, 2003
Sir Loin of Beef

StandardVC10 posted:

You've gone too far this time Cream of Plenty

Yeah, high quality posts don't belong in this thread

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006

Haha.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Random thought from playing Fallout 4 and RDR2 interchangeably, would most post war pistols be revolvers in Fallout? Like are the better mechanisms that showed up later more reliant on industrial processes and precision that might not be available post apoc or could the average smith make reliable semi-automatic mechanisms by hand?

I don't know poo poo bout guns but the cowboy game got me thinking on this. Apologies if this is a dumb question gun nerds.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

A Sometimes Food posted:

Random thought from playing Fallout 4 and RDR2 interchangeably, would most post war pistols be revolvers in Fallout? Like are the better mechanisms that showed up later more reliant on industrial processes and precision that might not be available post apoc or could the average smith make reliable semi-automatic mechanisms by hand?

I don't know poo poo bout guns but the cowboy game got me thinking on this. Apologies if this is a dumb question gun nerds.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Improvised_firearm

It seems making a pistol is easier than a revolver

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

Tei posted:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Improvised_firearm

It seems making a pistol is easier than a revolver

making single shot breech loading pistols is easier than revolvers, but actual semi automatic pistols are harder to make than revolvers.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
Bobbleheads are now limited time consumables

Fair Bear Maiden
Jun 17, 2013
That is actually a good change IMO.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010