Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

I got Alien Invader Heimer. I don't think I played him enough to justify it...

Have there been any really good skins recently? I picked up Count Kled and it's fun. Maybe the KDA Akali? I like the music drop on your W.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Pizza Desiviry is the best skin of the year.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
hahahaha gentleman cho'gath, gently caress me

Feisty-Cadaver
Jun 1, 2000
The worms crawl in,
The worms crawl out.

CODChimera posted:

Have there been any really good skins recently?

Mafia Braum is dope.

edit:

Sexpansion posted:

congrats on getting the best skin in the game

henkman
Oct 8, 2008

ToxicSlurpee posted:

I've admittedly not been impressed with most of the reworks. Poppy's was great. New Sion is pretty great but that I don't consider a rework; new Sion is a completely different champion. The changes to Gragas I didn't even find really noticeable; he's still a fat mage that belly flops people. Eve's I despise. Swain's is...meh. I get that old Swain was unpopular as hell but I liked old Swain more than new Swain. I don't play Taric like ever so I can't really say much on that one. Gangplank's was OK, though. Not good just...OK. Those barrels are annoying.

Terrible

Dancer
May 23, 2011

CODChimera posted:

I got Alien Invader Heimer. I don't think I played him enough to justify it...

Have there been any really good skins recently? I picked up Count Kled and it's fun. Maybe the KDA Akali? I like the music drop on your W.

Dragon Heimer :v:

foutre
Sep 4, 2011

:toot: RIP ZEEZ :toot:

Sexpansion posted:

Same on both counts. Maybe he'll get a visual update someday. That splash looks d a t e d.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Mega Comrade posted:

Of all the skin shards I could have gotten from that twitch promotion , I got transformer sion. The one skin that was likely to make me spend money on this game.

I kind of feel like I should chuck riot a few bucks, I'm a good 300 hundred hours in now but their pricing model just doesn't do it for me.

I strongly suggest that you not give money to the evil corporation that treats its female employees like subhumans.

fatal oopsie-daisy
Jul 30, 2007

by R. Guyovich
I just played against W max Tear of the Goddess Ziggs support

oh my god that poo poo is loving stupid

it took the first 2 towers by 10 minutes

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

Dancer posted:

Dragon Heimer :v:

I totally would've started playing him if I got that one.

Dancer
May 23, 2011
Years back when I was silly enough to spend money on this game I got candy cane Heimer. Yeah, Dragon is better, but i can live with this :v: .

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
The only bad rework was LeBlanc because they decided to put half of her kit's damage into her bonkers passive and never realized that was the problem. All of the reworks y'all complain about are for champs that were useless before. Like old Swain was legit "Am I up 2000 gold and has the enemy forgot to buy executioner's?" if not I'm useless.

Fake e: the Garen villain system also is bad but that champ is irrelevant without snowball or flash so w/e

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
no one ever buys executioners tho

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

Firebert posted:

The only bad rework was LeBlanc

Morde, Rengar, Janna maybe, Morde again, Fizz, Zac...

A lot of the Group Rework champs had huge issues, which is I assume why they’ve gotten rid of that system. Either it barely changes the champ, or it adds in some entirely new way for them to be busted (jungle and support Malz, Support Maokai) because they didn’t have the internal design and QA work necessary before they went live.

The Marksman update was their best one by far. Quinn, Corki, Graves, and Cait have legitimately interesting mechanics; Graves has needed 999999 nerfs to bring him in line because they refused to just take out the knockback mechanic, but anyone clamoring for old Graves is a whiner

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

I'd say Morde is unequivocally their worst rework, but the other ones have all ranged from "eh" to "very good." The assassins are the only ones where they hard backpedaled on reworked mechanics, largely because they realized that assassins need to have a certain feeling of unfairness if you get ahead on them in order to be satisfying to play.

One of my lowkey favorite reworks they did was actually Gangplank. I feel like the rework itself was overshadowed by how bullshit he was on release and his comical permaban status at Worlds, but he's got a single mechanic that his gameplay revolves around (barrels) that's simultaneously intuitive to understand, fun to execute, and enjoyable to play against once you understand it. It's actually pretty incredible how much of his old kit they managed to salvage to fit into the new paradigm.

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
I liked rework LB a lot better than neo-old LB, but I’m saying that as a support player who just doesn’t wanna die to that bullshit over and over. RR was a really cool ability

In a game at Worlds LB pops someone in .05s and the caster goes “bring back old LeBlanc they said, it’ll be healthy for the meta they said”

Mikujin
May 25, 2010

(also a lightning rod)

Vermain posted:

I'd say Morde is unequivocally their worst rework, but the other ones have all ranged from "eh" to "very good." The assassins are the only ones where they hard backpedaled on reworked mechanics, largely because they realized that assassins need to have a certain feeling of unfairness if you get ahead on them in order to be satisfying to play.

One of my lowkey favorite reworks they did was actually Gangplank. I feel like the rework itself was overshadowed by how bullshit he was on release and his comical permaban status at Worlds, but he's got a single mechanic that his gameplay revolves around (barrels) that's simultaneously intuitive to understand, fun to execute, and enjoyable to play against once you understand it. It's actually pretty incredible how much of his old kit they managed to salvage to fit into the new paradigm.

Wasn't Morde just a "gamplay update" though?

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

"When a man thinketh on anything whatsoever, his next thought after is not altogether so casual as it seems to be. Not every thought to every thought succeeds indifferently."
- Thomas Hobbes, Leviathan

kingcobweb posted:

I liked rework LB a lot better than neo-old LB, but I’m saying that as a support player who just doesn’t wanna die to that bullshit over and over. RR was a really cool ability

In a game at Worlds LB pops someone in .05s and the caster goes “bring back old LeBlanc they said, it’ll be healthy for the meta they said”

This

but like, threefold for Rengar

I just loving hate the knifecat, he's by far the least fun character to fight if he gets ahead because you literally cannot stop him if you play ADC and he's gonna gun for you

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Mikujin posted:

Wasn't Morde just a "gamplay update" though?
His abilities work "The same" as they used to but they decided to turn him into a Juggernaut bot lane gimmick, decided they hosed up, and just nerfed him and put him on the shelf until the next rework. Also has more bugs than 100 random champions combined.

duck trucker
Oct 14, 2017

YOSPOS

I want to like the Urgot rework cause when he successfully gets an ult off it's hilarious to me.

But I just can't quite figure him out when I play him.

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

Skarner was reworked in a way that maintained everything boring about him while somehow adding even more boring stuff on top.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

duck trucker posted:

I want to like the Urgot rework cause when he successfully gets an ult off it's hilarious to me.

But I just can't quite figure him out when I play him.

Build Righteous Glory, run at people, shoot them with your shortgun crab legs, suplex them, fire your ult when they either try to run from you charging at them or disengage after that.

There's probably more to it but I haven't played Urgot in a hot minute, he was pretty fun when I did though, and I know a bunch of people who play him.

He's also one of the most pick/banned champs at Worlds right now, probably only second to like, Akali.

Monathin fucked around with this message at 23:01 on Oct 27, 2018

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

Vermain posted:

I'd say Morde is unequivocally their worst rework, but the other ones have all ranged from "eh" to "very good"

I agree with this.

the only other one that was arguably bad was rengar, not because it was not fun, bit because it was unbalanceable.

VodeAndreas
Apr 30, 2009

Tired Moritz posted:

no one ever buys executioners tho

I bought Mortal Reminder as ADC last week against a team with Soraka and some sort of self healing top and my team literally laughed at me in chat for my "bad build".

People (at low ELO, define that for yourself) just don't get it.

e: Got a High Noon Lucian shard from that Twitch Prime thing - don't really play him but a good skin, I'll take that.

VodeAndreas fucked around with this message at 02:52 on Oct 28, 2018

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

VodeAndreas posted:

I bought Mortal Reminder as ADC last week against a team with Soraka and some sort of self healing top and my team literally laughed at me in chat for my "bad build".

People (at low ELO, define that for yourself) just don't get it.

It genuinely amazes me how many people forget that grievous wounds exists.

The other team has Mundo, Yorick, and Swain! Their ADC is Draven he has a few kills and a blood thirster whatever shall we do?!?

...gee I don't know, maybe buy one of the items that has GW on it and LITERALLY EVERY CHAMPION IN THE GAME benefits from at least one of them.

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

i took a loo kat the last 10 reworks, and reviewed them on if they were better based off design sensibility, gameplay, and balance, and came to a conclusion that aside from a few losses, the reworks over the past year or two have been largely better and improved the game. with that said, gently caress you riot games for the akali rework. undo that piece of poo poo. keep the voice and stuff but just go back to the old akali kit because this new one is terrible.

d0grent
Dec 5, 2004

new akali is incredibly fun so please don't do that riot

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

pog boyfriend posted:

i took a loo kat the last 10 reworks, and reviewed them on if they were better based off design sensibility, gameplay, and balance, and came to a conclusion that aside from a few losses, the reworks over the past year or two have been largely better and improved the game. with that said, gently caress you riot games for the akali rework. undo that piece of poo poo. keep the voice and stuff but just go back to the old akali kit because this new one is terrible.

I have slowly realized over the past like year that basically all my toplane go-to picks are just all the reworked champs I like: Sion, Yorick, Urgot, Swain, Aatrox. I guess also Darius because Darius got touched on in the Juggernaut rework but more the total reworks than anything

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
you guys should try amumu top, it's dumb as hell but it works really well against a LOT of matchups, and it's hilarious because no one knows how to deal with it at first

example game i just had

VodeAndreas
Apr 30, 2009

I just noticed that the worlds token rewards have been changed while the spooky event is on.

I've got ~1300 tokens at the moment and am definitely not getting Popstar Kaisa, I figure I should buy the position orbs now rather than wait for it to swap back to the normal orbs?

The Dregs
Dec 29, 2005

MY TREEEEEEEE!

RealFoxy posted:

https://na.leagueoflegends.com/en/featured/twitchprime/connect

Free legendary skin if you link your LoL account with Twitch Prime

I'm just getting an error when I try, says try some other time. WTF

Edit: It worked when I logged into Prime first, and looked for it there.

God-King Darius. I had to cash in all my orange essence too. I've never played him before.

Holy poo poo his dog does that Dance 'Till You're Dead dance. I got to play him.

The Dregs fucked around with this message at 14:23 on Oct 28, 2018

Enigma89
Jan 2, 2007

by CVG
How do I beat Le Blanc and the new Akali as vlad middle? I feel like the burst from le Blanc doens't let me just succ my way to 100% health. I am always too low and can't get the life back fast enough. Akali is just really slippery and hard to time my combos because of her cloud. I feel really immobile against her.

In general, I feel like I have been really playing well but these are 2 heroes that I seem to always struggle with at mid.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

Enigma89 posted:

How do I beat Le Blanc and the new Akali as vlad middle? I feel like the burst from le Blanc doens't let me just succ my way to 100% health. I am always too low and can't get the life back fast enough. Akali is just really slippery and hard to time my combos because of her cloud. I feel really immobile against her.

In general, I feel like I have been really playing well but these are 2 heroes that I seem to always struggle with at mid.

don't gently caress with them in lane at all, just farm and match their roams or, if you can't, hope your team listens to your mia pings

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug
While we're talking about reworks and old wackiness...remember AP Yi? With the 4.0 ratio on his heal?

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

IF IM NOT BITCHING ABOUT HOW SHITTY MY LIFE IS, REPORT ME FOR MY ACCOUNT HAS BEEN HIJACKED

Enigma89 posted:

Probabaly the simplest way would be to either auto q auto (abuse your blind) or wait until 6 and just put shrooms everywhere

Enigma89
Jan 2, 2007

by CVG

Sexpansion posted:

don't gently caress with them in lane at all, just farm and match their roams or, if you can't, hope your team listens to your mia pings

Are these match ups that I just can't win? It just sucks being down a ton of CS and then I am pushed into my tower. If I leave to match roam I lose my tower pretty fast. Not sure what is better to try to match a roam (late) or to just try to save tower and equalize the lane.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

Enigma89 posted:

Are these match ups that I just can't win? It just sucks being down a ton of CS and then I am pushed into my tower. If I leave to match roam I lose my tower pretty fast. Not sure what is better to try to match a roam (late) or to just try to save tower and equalize the lane.

you can "win" them, but not by killing them. you need to lose the lane gracefully so that you aren't too far behind and can eventually outscale them.

that being said, I don't see you winning the vlad - LeBlanc lane very often if the LeBlanc is actually competent.

d0grent
Dec 5, 2004

tell your jungler "leblanc WILL use her W to poke me in lane, plz gank as she will have no escape available"

other than that, not much you can do

The Dregs
Dec 29, 2005

MY TREEEEEEEE!
How does kennen work? I want to learn him, but he's so awkward. His poke is blocked by minions or requires you to get really close with your E. His ult is suicide. Twice I ran into a team fight and stunned most of the enemy team, then watched my team run off as I got murdered.

Would he bet better off as a tank AD?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

d0grent
Dec 5, 2004

you pick him into melee match ups and auto attack a lot and use E to back off if they try to trade