Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

throw to first DAMN IT
Apr 10, 2007
This whole thread has been raging at the people who don't want Saracen invasion to their homes

Perhaps you too should be more accepting of their cultures

Chazani posted:

I just met Paavo at Kirjamessut. Was walking past the hihhuli department, when he suddenly asked me to write a kannatuskortti.

I said "no".

Paavo täytti sen puolestasi

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nurge
Feb 4, 2009

by Reene
Fun Shoe

throw to first drat IT posted:

Paavo täytti sen puolestasi

"Se on täytetty."
--Paavo Väyrynen

uncop
Oct 23, 2010

Herman Merman posted:

lol @ all the attempts itt at assigning the blame for profiting from colonialism to some narrower segment of the finnish (or better yet, swedish) society. literally everyone living here today indirectly benefits from past slavery, dwi

True, but not so simple. People who get roughly according what they need for sustenance, like slaves, serfs, tenant farmers and the classical proletariat (as well as their families) do not benefit from goods getting cheaper, the benefits go to their master/employer/head of household. Labor has just acquired a share of the national capital in the form of all kinds of extras they gain on top of that minimum, and how much that fractional capitalist in you gets on top of what you require shows the theoretical maximum of how much you can have benefited from colonialism. So while every living Finn or Swede has benefited, the degree wildly varies depending on social position. And it's possible to be personally exploited enough not to benefit even while living in a society that benefits: while Finland started benefiting a long time ago, it took until the post civil war era and possibly until post ww2 era for Finns to have started benefiting in general. So while the identification of capitalists as the beneficiaries is not so meaningful in Finland precisely at this point, there is a meaningful split among people in a lot of existing countries, and it also gives pointers as to why so little changed for former colonial subjects even with independence and elections, why their leaders tend to not represent their people on that issue (colonial masters deliberately made a section of the people of the colonial countries beneficiaries even under classical colonialism).

Sure, if you look at it as a matter of sin, you're a killer regardless of whether you killed one person or a hundred people, but I believe making things right is about the future rather than the past, the past exists to teach about historical processes, dissolve false cultural notions of the deserving and moral superiority of the successful, and give a sense of the proportions of what would need to change and regarding whom for people to be able to live in a world that could be honestly considered just. (For example I think people would consider things between Nordic countries to be amicably settled regardless of what happened in history, because the relations between them are no longer exploitative and the developmental effects caused by past exploitative relations have been pretty much leveled out. That kind of thing, except across the world and also between peoples inhabiting the same land.)

uncop fucked around with this message at 13:35 on Oct 27, 2018

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

uncop posted:

Sure, if you look at it as a matter of sin, you're a killer regardless of whether you killed one person or a hundred people, but I believe making things right is about the future rather than the past, the past exists to teach about historical processes, dissolve false cultural notions of the deserving and moral superiority of the successful, and give a sense of the proportions of what would need to change and regarding whom for people to be able to live in a world that could be honestly considered just.

Yeah I don't think you and this world are on speaking terms.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

endlessmonotony posted:

Yeah I don't think you and this world are on speaking terms.

He's speaking about a hypothetical future world, ya dingus.

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

Cerebral Bore posted:

He's speaking about a hypothetical future world, ya dingus.

This world isn't just. No future world will be just. We're unreliable sacks of flesh that will betray ourselves if nobody else gets there first. Only death is certain.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

Nurge posted:

"Se on täytetty."
--Paavo Väyrynen

mods ! !

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

endlessmonotony posted:

This world isn't just. No future world will be just. We're unreliable sacks of flesh that will betray ourselves if nobody else gets there first. Only death is certain.

Have you listened to too much black metal recently or what?

brakeless
Apr 11, 2011

Sounds about right for the end of october.

Darkest Auer
Dec 30, 2006

They're silly

Ramrod XTreme
Mitä vittua nyt taas

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

brakeless posted:

Sounds about right for the end of october.

Mulla on noidannuoli, joka sinänsä sopii vuodenaikaan, ja oon vittuuntunut ja kaikki pälätys oikeudenmukaisesta maailmasta vituttaa vaan enemmän.

Maailmasta ei saa oikeudenmukaista niin kauan kuin sattuma pilaa elämiä.

brakeless
Apr 11, 2011

Thankfully by the end of the century nobody will have to worry about the world being just or not anymore.

They'll be too busy trying to figure out where the remaining uneaten rats live.

DanTheFryingPan
Jan 28, 2006
https://www.is.fi/taloussanomat/oma-raha/art-2000005877548.html

quote:

Vain ainutlaatuisen kiinnostava yritys pystyy houkuttelemaan todellisia koodarihuippuja Suomeen, Ohjelmistoinsinööri-nimimerkki kirjoittaa Helsingin Sanomien mielipideosastolla.

Hän perustelee näkemystään omalla kokemuksellaan Yhdysvalloista. Hän kertoo työskennelleensä Googlella ohjelmistoinsinöörinä ja tutkijana.

Sounds like a well adjusted individual.

bloom
Feb 25, 2017

by sebmojo
Jenkeissä pärjää jos on massia, uutiset ysiltä.

Darkest Auer
Dec 30, 2006

They're silly

Ramrod XTreme

bloom posted:

Jenkeissä pärjää jos on massia, uutiset ysiltä.

Mutta hei ajattele, tää jätkä oli töissä jenkeissä! Kyllä se tietää nää jutut.

HerraS
Apr 15, 2012

Looking professional when committing genocide is essential. This is mostly achieved by using a beret.

Olive drab colour ensures the genocider will remain hidden from his prey until it's too late for them to do anything.

death to amerikkka

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Chazani posted:

I just met Paavo at Kirjamessut. Was walking past the hihhuli department, when he suddenly asked me to write a kannatuskortti.

I said "no".

Yeah gently caress Paavo Arhinmäki :mmmhmm:

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Forktoss
Feb 13, 2012

I'm OK, you're so-so
I'm trying to decide who's our worst president. Maybe Relander for being buds with Vihtori Kosola?

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Forktoss posted:

I'm trying to decide who's our worst president. Maybe Relander for being buds with Vihtori Kosola?

Mannerheim for losing two wars against commies, then escaping to the Alpenfestung.

Forktoss
Feb 13, 2012

I'm OK, you're so-so
Don't besmirch the name of our first black gay president

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Defender of democracy and human rights 🇺🇦
Ahtisaari for being too fat to gently caress.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

doverhog posted:

Ahtisaari for being too fat to gently caress.
Ahtisaari has hosed in circa '69
https://www.mtv.fi/viihde/muut/artikkeli/kaikki-marko-ahtisaaren-naiset-katso-kuvat/2996462#gs.EOYNIf0

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

Jerry Cotton posted:

Quoting Hogge Wild from 2016 :vince:

e: Did you have that queued up or do you just have a really good memory?

jälkipolvet opettelkevat kirjoituksiani ulkoa kuin tolkienin teoksia konsanaan: https://www.iltalehti.fi/viihdeuutiset/d1b2ec02-4703-4d1b-bcfd-7ba566dfe426_vd.shtml

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Hogge Wild posted:

jälkipolvet opettelkevat kirjoituksiani ulkoa kuin tolkienin teoksia konsanaan: https://www.iltalehti.fi/viihdeuutiset/d1b2ec02-4703-4d1b-bcfd-7ba566dfe426_vd.shtml

I thought you were banded.

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

Jerry Cotton posted:

I thought you were banded.

olin, plus yli vuoden probaatio

mutta nyt olen vaopaa kuin taivaan lintu

ainakin kunnes modet heräävät

throw to first DAMN IT
Apr 10, 2007
This whole thread has been raging at the people who don't want Saracen invasion to their homes

Now we just need Ligur and Geriatric Pirate back and FinnPol can be great again.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Now we just need Ligur and Geriatric Pirate back and FinnPol can be great again.

Wait what did Geriatric Pirate get done for?

throw to first DAMN IT
Apr 10, 2007

Jerry Cotton posted:

Wait what did Geriatric Pirate get done for?

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3750450&pagenumber=275&perpage=40#post478976424

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

As good a ban reason as any, I suppose.

throw to first DAMN IT
Apr 10, 2007

Jerry Cotton posted:

As good a ban reason as any, I suppose.

On other hand, if mods are going to start probating people just for being consistently really bad posters, a lot of FinnPol is in grave danger.

HerraS
Apr 15, 2012

Looking professional when committing genocide is essential. This is mostly achieved by using a beret.

Olive drab colour ensures the genocider will remain hidden from his prey until it's too late for them to do anything.

Move this thread to CSPAM so we can shitpost freely

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

HerraS posted:

Move this thread to CSPAM so we can shitpost freely

tai jos vain tehdään uusi lanka sinne kun kerran uudet vaalitkin on tulossa

HerraS
Apr 15, 2012

mut kuka kirjottaa opn

Triple A
Jul 14, 2010

Your sword, sahib.

HerraS posted:

mut kuka kirjottaa opn

pistä siihen vain se kuva pekka siitoimesta porsliinivaltaistuimellaan ja se on siinä

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

Triple A posted:

pistä siihen vain se kuva pekka siitoimesta porsliinivaltaistuimellaan ja se on siinä

kas siinä:

e: tai ehkä tämä:

Hogge Wild fucked around with this message at 23:48 on Oct 28, 2018

bloom
Feb 25, 2017

by sebmojo
Kappas, hogge on takaisin

"Can't post for 3 hours!"

throw to first DAMN IT
Apr 10, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-1fmfA4Fhxs

Hopefully by making OP with these, we can discourage other people from wandering in and trying to talk to us.

brakeless
Apr 11, 2011

quote:

Kirja: Urho Kekkonen kannusti suomalaisia EM-kisoissa omalaatuisella tavalla – ojensi urheilijoille kondominivaskan: ”Jos loppuvat kesken, minulta saa lisää”

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-1fmfA4Fhxs

Hopefully by making OP with these, we can discourage other people from wandering in and trying to talk to us.

:hai: