Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Talking of which, holy poo poo Mayans looks loving atrocious

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

American Vandal should've at least gotten one more season. There is a pretty natural direction it could go in after season 2.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

The Last Kingdom season 3 is coming in November. I didn't know Netflix picked it up. I like it more than Vikings.

https://twitter.com/TheLastKingdom/status/1054462189380268032

e: oh it turns out BBC cancelled it. Thanks Netflix and your horrible corporate culture!

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Mu Zeta posted:

The Last Kingdom season 3 is coming in November. I didn't know Netflix picked it up. I like it more than Vikings.

e: oh it turns out BBC cancelled it. Thanks Netflix and your horrible corporate culture!

The Erotic Adventures of Uhtred

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Megyn Kelly Today is officially canceled. She still is technically employed by NBC so they haven't actually bought her contract out yet.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Mu Zeta posted:

loving hype as hell for this.

Inspector 34
Mar 9, 2009

DOES NOT RESPECT THE RUN

BUT THEY WILL
Do they actually have to buy out her contract? Why not just keep her on the payroll and not give her anything to do?

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Sabrina spoilers: This "Satan" fella might not be on the up and up.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
I never trusted Santa

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

FactsAreUseless posted:

Sabrina spoilers: This "Satan" fella might not be on the up and up.

"Wait a minute... Louis Cypher?!"

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

precision posted:

"Wait a minute... Louis Cypher?!"
That's about the level of writing we're deal with.

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf

esperterra posted:

loving hype as hell for this.

I thought season 1 was alright, but I didn't really feel the need to continue. How was 2?

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Season 2 improved it a lot. He becomes a much more normal guy and goes through some serious hardship. The battles are vastly improved too. There's one that takes place in first person.

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Sabrina S01E01 trip report: hooooooly balls there is a ton of clunky exposition (especially from Ambrose). Also I'm not a huge fan of the blurring that occurs every time something witchy happens because I actually got a little motion sick.

Other than that it was… ok? I'll give it a few more episodes at least.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

asecondduck posted:

Sabrina S01E01 trip report: hooooooly balls there is a ton of clunky exposition (especially from Ambrose). Also I'm not a huge fan of the blurring that occurs every time something witchy happens because I actually got a little motion sick.

Other than that it was… ok? I'll give it a few more episodes at least.
I don't recommend doing that.

I'm like seven [edit: five] eps in because my GF won't turn it off and it's really, really bad. I wasn't a huge Riverdale fan but I liked it way better than this.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

It has a little bit of the Riverdale problem of having a world that asks you to accept a lot of poo poo that makes no sense in terms of character actions and motivations (AKA Breaking Bad Syndrome), but a million times worse because it can just make up whatever rules it wants.

The fifth episode is all the characters being tormented by various dreams and it's the biggest waste of time because it gives us no insight into the characters beyond "Sabrina doesn't want to be tortured for being a witch" and "Ambrose doesn't like being on house arrest."

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Classic over thinking it.

It's kitchy supernatural drama in a world that fits nowhere in time. You either get it or you don't after 5 episodes

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
This season of Channel Zero is starting out dooooooope

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Rocksicles posted:

Classic over thinking it.

It's kitchy supernatural drama in a world that fits nowhere in time. You either get it or you don't after 5 episodes
I'm not overthinking it, and it isn't "kitschy" it's just bad. Melodrama still needs good pacing and consistent characterization to work. Riverdale is good melodrama. This is bad.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Titans after episode 3 i can say one thing for sure, Starfire is loving amazing.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

The Netflix Marvel thread is discussing outright skipping any scenes with characters they don't like in them and it's one of the most infuriating things I've ever read. Like, I get that those shows are often pretty boring, but holy poo poo.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Seasons over, mute the thread. It always goes to poo poo 2.3 days after.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Arist posted:

The Netflix Marvel thread is discussing outright skipping any scenes with characters they don't like in them and it's one of the most infuriating things I've ever read. Like, I get that those shows are often pretty boring, but holy poo poo.

The shows are getting cancelled for a reason.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

MiddleOne posted:

The shows are getting cancelled for a reason.

Yeah, idiots in board rooms being too greedy.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Lurdiak posted:

Yeah, idiots in board rooms being too greedy.

That's unfair, idiots in boardrooms are always greedy.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
I can't say anything since I thought the second and third episodes of the Haunting of Hill House were skippable. That's karma.

On episode 3 of Sabrina and Satan taking Sabrina to court tickles me more than it should.

CeeJee
Dec 4, 2001
Oven Wrangler

Rocksicles posted:

Titans after episode 3 i can say one thing for sure, Starfire is loving amazing.

It was refreshing to see how she beat up a bunch of thugs in a small town diner without throwing them through half their tables and windows. Except for that fork that should probably not be used again for food ever again the place was left completely intact.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
While Romanoffs has been a massively underwhelming series so far it probably has my favourite opening titles sequence of the year (and yeah that includes Counterpart).

ashpanash
Apr 9, 2008

I can see when you are lying.

American Vandal may be better as a two season series than as a continuous serial. The only worry I have about diminishing returns is with the premise, not the creators or the actors.

Sometimes pretty things need to die. Kill your darlings and all that.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

If the creators felt that way sure, but as long as they have more ideas and a desire to do more seasons I want to see them.

Also that's not what kill your darlings means.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Krazyface posted:

I thought season 1 was alright, but I didn't really feel the need to continue. How was 2?

Yeah, like Mu Zeta said season two is a huge step up. I watched TLK on a whim a while back and burned through it. Main reason I finally watched Vikings was being sad I had no more seasons of TLK to binge lmao.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Arist posted:

Their reaction to DDS3 blows my mind, and the Karen hate is somehow than ever worse despite a. Karen owns and b. this is def her best season and DAW's best work on the show so far.

Any scene that isn't Matt or Fisk is a huge waste of time apparently despite the show having more than two main characters lmao

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed
Starfire looks so so awful, and the show is trying really hard to be edgy. But that being said, Titans continues to be not-awful, if things keep improving I might even call it decent.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Oasx posted:

Starfire looks so so awful, and the show is trying really hard to be edgy. But that being said, Titans continues to be not-awful, if things keep improving I might even call it decent.

i really hated episode 1 but i think im all in after the 3rd episode.

Don't eat the candies.

hope and vaseline
Feb 13, 2001

Rewatching Halt and Catch Fire and I'm actually liking season 1 a lot more than on the first watch. As uneven as it is, there's some great character development stuff that really pays off later in the show. I think one of my favorite exchanges is when Gordon is talking about the PT Barnum Giant hoax to his girls as a bedtime story, which is full of thematic parallels to his relationship with Joe. And then in the end of the episode when he's losing his marbles "digging" for the giant, (spoiler I guess?) it literally looks like he's digging his own grave, which is portentous as hell in regards to his own mortality.

The Joe/Cameron stuff is great too once they establish a less manipulative footing. I love the way their relationship evolves over the seasons.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry

bring back old gbs posted:

i really hated episode 1 but i think im all in after the 3rd episode.

Don't eat the candies.

Some blatant symbolism in that scene too, with the breakfast.

I was meh on the first two episodes, but Starfire brought it in this one (the musical cues when she was driving were great).

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Is Starfire a prostitute because that's what so e people who saw the premiere at NYCC were tweeting

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
She's was undercover.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Rocksicles posted:

She's was undercover.

Apparently not under much

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed
We are three episodes in and she is still wearing the clothes and the wig.