Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

MiniDisc owns and my old ones from 1996 still work. Sony hardware was a brick shithouse back in the day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

1redflag posted:

What's the humidity like there? Here, where it's >90% everyday, undershirt is mandatory

I live in Houston and it’s really not necessary even if we are the sweaty rear end in a top hat to Florida’s donger.

Eldritch BiLast
Jul 7, 2009

Pummel Sylvanas
Melee Range
Instant
The cassettes I've got are mostly vaporwave/future funk artists. All of the purchases include the mp3 files for you to have in high bitrate, but part of the art behind it, i'm guessing, comes from releasing having the imperfections of a cassette tape.

The Moe Shop cassette was a limited of 500, when I got it there were 50 left.

Saw a few copies of Lust from Meishi Smile left for sale, this album helped me get through some tough times when I moved to NYC, so it's nice to have a hard copy of it.

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"
Bought some nice shoes too. Only $13 for my first pair of Jordans! Even if they’re fake that’s a steal.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
You have the best thrift shop.

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"

Rolo posted:

You have the best thrift shop.

It’s a combination of being in a somewhat wealthy area where there’s not a lot of fashion people, and just being super diligent. Mine is on my way to work so I go there a bunch, I just went today because I had a doctors appointment and had some time to kill before work

Spring Heeled Jack
Feb 25, 2007

If you can read this you can read

Xenoletum posted:

The cassettes I've got are mostly vaporwave/future funk artists. All of the purchases include the mp3 files for you to have in high bitrate, but part of the art behind it, i'm guessing, comes from releasing having the imperfections of a cassette tape.

The Moe Shop cassette was a limited of 500, when I got it there were 50 left.

Saw a few copies of Lust from Meishi Smile left for sale, this album helped me get through some tough times when I moved to NYC, so it's nice to have a hard copy of it.

A+ on the Meishi Smile. I was introduced to them via the remix Anamanaguchi did of Always.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Whoever mentioned Moe Shop, I'm digging them. Thanks for posting.

e: Xenoletum

ReidRansom has a new favorite as of 21:35 on Oct 26, 2018

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!

JEEVES420 posted:

yup love having to fast forward/stop/play/fast forward/stop/play/rewind/stop/play/fast forward/stop/play...to get to the next song. Oh and when a machine eats the tape, love untangling that mess and then trying to find a pencil cause my finger tip is sore to finish winding it all back up...anybody got any scotch tape?

That crinkle noise, it just adds to the aesthetic, it just sounds more authentic.

Tapes suck rear end.

edit: forgot about the "hidden" tracks, that was something that died off with tapes. Not the same when you can see the run time left on a CD track :downs:

Not quite! You can code cd tracks to start with a negative timestamp, so it's possible to make things only audible if they listen through. If they skip to a track, it starts at 0:00 rather than -420:69

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

One of my Massive Attack albums has a song that's like 44 minutes long. Annoying as gently caress when you try to rip the mp3 and it's almost all silence.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Coffee And Pie posted:

Bought some nice shoes too. Only $13 for my first pair of Jordans! Even if they’re fake that’s a steal.

I paid like $165 for my pair of these 😒

MeatRocket8
Aug 3, 2011

Cheap jaguar. Loving the poo poo out of it. Now I can be like Johnny Marr

This game is obligatory

Lazlo Nibble
Jan 9, 2004

It was Weasleby, by God! At last I had the miserable blighter precisely where I wanted him!

Sentient Data posted:

Not quite! You can code cd tracks to start with a negative timestamp, so it's possible to make things only audible if they listen through. If they skip to a track, it starts at 0:00 rather than -420:69
Sticking the audio in track 1 index 0 is super effective at hiding stuff.

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

BLAAAAAARGH PLEASE KILL ME BLAAAAAAAARGH
Grimey Drawer
Does anyone have a recommendation for a good zippered hoodie? I have an enclothe one that I love the design for but it's getting ragged and their new designs I'm not a huge fan of. Figured I'd ask here if any fashion minded people would have advice

Eldritch BiLast
Jul 7, 2009

Pummel Sylvanas
Melee Range
Instant

ZeusCannon posted:

Does anyone have a recommendation for a good zippered hoodie? I have an enclothe one that I love the design for but it's getting ragged and their new designs I'm not a huge fan of. Figured I'd ask here if any fashion minded people would have advice

https://www.american-giant.com/classic-full-zip/M1-1A-1.html

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"
Got myself a ticket to see Die Hard next month for the 30th anniversary, he’ll yea.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

2008 Mazda3 2.3L hatchback.

Apparently I'm collecting Mazdas since, as you can see, my truck is also a Mazda (though it's actually just a Ford Ranger in disguise.)

It's in good shape, both mechanically and body-wise. Just have to get some snow tires on it very soon.

Inspector 34
Mar 9, 2009

DOES NOT RESPECT THE RUN

BUT THEY WILL

Coffee And Pie posted:

Got myself a ticket to see Die Hard next month for the 30th anniversary, yippee ki yay

ftfy

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Bought Silence of the Lambs on Google Play because it's on sale for $5.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

Camper rental & accesories for my sister & new husband's camping honeymoon in New Zealand.

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

DrBouvenstein posted:

Apparently I'm collecting Mazdas since, as you can see, my truck is also a Mazda (though it's actually just a Ford Ranger in disguise.)

It's in good shape, both mechanically and body-wise. Just have to get some snow tires on it very soon.

They're great little cars, how many miles/KM on it? The 2008s also fixed a lot of the early rust issues.

martinlutherbling
Mar 27, 2010

DrBouvenstein posted:

Back to back spots on (that street you're on)!? Nice get. Looks like you're a stones throw from good ole truggs.

dreesemonkey
May 14, 2008
Pillbug
A truck because I'm short and have a small penis

A proclipusa mount for my phone for said vehicle (not my picture). Truly the weathertech of phone mounting systems :smug:

Weathertech floor liners. Truly the proclipusa of floor liners :smug:

A new couch (also not my picture)

:shepspends:
Hopefully done spending money for a while

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!
Is that a WeatherTech couch?

dreesemonkey
May 14, 2008
Pillbug

Aramek posted:

It's a La-z-boy, so it's the weathertechproclipusa of household butt holsters.

JEEVES420
Feb 16, 2005

The world is a mess... and I just need to rule it

Aramek posted:

I would buy a WeatherTech couch...hmm you think I could Rhino Line mine?

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

dreesemonkey posted:

A proclipusa mount for my phone for said vehicle (not my picture). Truly the weathertech of phone mounting systems :smug:

Had ordered a proclip and they backlogged my mount so I ended up cancelling and getting a CDport mount. I wonder, is your phone high enough to see it? I still want to get one because they seem sturdy as hell.

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

It feels like I was standing my entire life and I just sat down
Carplay has done a wonderful job of eliminating the need for a $100 car mount solution.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
I bought a $6 car mount that uses a 3m sticky back from Walmart 3 years ago and had no issues even with my giganto phone. It's in a place I can actually see for navigation as well :smug:

dreesemonkey
May 14, 2008
Pillbug

LifeSunDeath posted:

Had ordered a proclip and they backlogged my mount so I ended up cancelling and getting a CDport mount. I wonder, is your phone high enough to see it? I still want to get one because they seem sturdy as hell.

I haven't used it enough to really judge yet but I think it should work fine for me. I don't usually need to look at my phone while driving but it seems ok to me for a quick glance. The nature of this truck (crap MPG) is that I probably won't be driving it places where I need to use navigation very often. They had a vent mount option but I don't like covering up my vents. Here's a crappy dark picture of the mount + holder

Bottom Liner posted:

I bought a $6 car mount that uses a 3m sticky back from Walmart 3 years ago and had no issues even with my giganto phone. It's in a place I can actually see for navigation as well :smug:

I already had the phone holder from my last car, so for $30 for a new car mount it's not too bad.

TraderStav posted:

Carplay has done a wonderful job of eliminating the need for a $100 car mount solution.

No carplay or android auto available in the truck at any trim level :negative:

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

martinlutherbling posted:

Back to back spots on (that street you're on)!? Nice get. Looks like you're a stones throw from good ole truggs.

That isn't Elmwood, it's in the New North End. Much easier to find street parking. I'd be in the driveway with one of them, but I had some firewood delivered and there's not room yet until I finish stacking it.

Catatron Prime
Aug 23, 2010

IT ME

Toilet Rascal

LifeSunDeath posted:

Skip that, get this:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B016GNYZIC/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_4001BbGJRKR39

Magnetic phone mounts are the la-z-boy of phone butt holsters.

Just to reiterate, I can't even begin to tell you how awesome that thing is. I have a silicone credit card sleeve stickied on the back of my phone, and I just put the metal insert inside of there and pop the whole thing on the magnet, where it sticks just great!

MeatRocket8
Aug 3, 2011

Dem airpods.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

They are releasing a new version tomorrow dude.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
I hope they add a cord so I don’t lose them.

MeatRocket8
Aug 3, 2011

Mu Zeta posted:

They are releasing a new version tomorrow dude.

Then im gonna exchange the poo poo out of them. I hope they make the stems shorter.

MeatRocket8
Aug 3, 2011

I’ve never bought a collectors set for a game in my life. But decided to with RDR2 for some reason.

I like that they didnt include the game so that all the money goes to the items. Its ideal for people who bought the digital version. And I like old west stuff more than fantasy or comic type things.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Imagine wearing that t shirt irl what the hell

schreibs
Oct 11, 2009

Bape Culture posted:

Imagine wearing that t shirt irl what the hell

cool shop shaming, IM WEARING IT RIGHT NOW!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Art books and stuff are interesting as hell I just don’t get the shirt is all.

Anyway rodeo drive was cool and now we smell phenomenal:

Never even seen 250mls before.