Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Avirosb
Nov 21, 2016

Everyone makes pisstakes
The US shares land borders with Panama?

Anyway, how 'bout that Brexit
https://twitter.com/BBCPolitics/status/1055438404404633600

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Avirosb posted:

The Panama Canal Zone used to be a US territory. But it was given back to Panama a while ago.

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

tarbrush posted:

Partly shoddy 70s, partly liking some lib dem policies rather than dislike of Labour's

Also Brexit. If Corbyn turns round and pulls Norway out of the hat, then file me under 'I've made a huge mistake', but I don't think that leaving Europe in order to bring back state aid is a good idea on any count.

Yeah fair enough, I'm on board the labour train but their "extremely bad thing is actually too complex to come out against" brexit stance is very stupid and bad and if anything loses them the next election it'll be that.

Though on closer thought the libdems angling for another Tory coalition now that the Tories are the full racist turbo brexit party is arguably worse if anything than some stupid labour triangulation.

Cause they can only get into power via coalition with the Tories and we've seen how incapable/unwilling to soften Tory policy they are. That essentially makes them pro brexit in terms of outcomes.
Oh no I got a shiver down my spine, a second coalition and we get a no deal brexit but the Tories blame the fallout on the libdems

Communist Thoughts has issued a correction as of 19:38 on Oct 25, 2018

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

prefect posted:

The Panama Canal Zone used to be a US territory. But it was given back to Panama a while ago.

Back in 1999.

Fun fact: If Carter hadn't agreed to eventually return the canal to Panama, the Panamanians were planning to blow the locks and tell us to go gently caress ourselves.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Zeroisanumber posted:

Fun fact: If Carter hadn't agreed to eventually return the canal to Panama, the Panamanians were planning to blow the locks and tell us to go gently caress ourselves.

Good lol

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO

Hentai Jihadist posted:

Yeah fair enough, I'm on board the labour train but their "extremely bad thing is actually too complex to come out against" brexit stance is very stupid and bad and if anything loses them the next election it'll be that.

Though on closer thought the libdems angling for another Tory coalition now that the Tories are the full racist turbo brexit party is arguably worse if anything than some stupid labour triangulation.

Cause they can only get into power via coalition with the Tories and we've seen how incapable/unwilling to soften Tory policy they are. That essentially makes them pro brexit in terms of outcomes.
Oh no I got a shiver down my spine, a second coalition and we get a no deal brexit but the Tories blame the fallout on the libdems

I just can't see two polar opposite Brexit parties having anything to do with each other. Watch the party make a fool of me.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

:yeah:

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

Jel Shaker posted:

don’t maps use a weird projection? ie Greenland is the size of Europe but is actually a tiny island
It's not Africa big like on a Mercator map (like Google Maps uses), but Greenland is still pretty big.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Greenland is going to become the new world superpower following the climate wars of 2050.

Mandoric
Mar 15, 2003
danish mids unexpectedly become the superweapon of a new era of drone combat

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

A Buttery Pastry posted:

It's not Africa big like on a Mercator map (like Google Maps uses), but Greenland is still pretty big.

lol is that some sort of danish empire map, like Portugal used to use

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
There's a bunch of parodies of the original Portuguese one, for different countries.

Coohoolin
Aug 5, 2012

Oor Coohoolie.
If you did a pub quiz with the question "which country has the largest land mass, the UK, Denmark, or Germany" would people be pissed off if you said it was Denmark.

VeganEverestDeath
May 1, 2017
Is Banksy designing the new ration cards?

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

VeganEverestDeath posted:

lol you think there'll be enough card for that

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO

Right down to them shredding themselves when you try to use them

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

Self-shredding if they detect Brexit disapproval.

Ramrod Hotshot
May 30, 2003

cool https://twitter.com/intelligencer/status/1055705854157221888

Tacky-Ass Rococco
Sep 7, 2010

by R. Guyovich

329 short the pound erryday.

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

Hurrah. Thanks bigots and morons, you hosed us.

I hadn't been worrying about stockpiling food because it seemed unnecessarily panicky but if this isn't sorted soon I don't think i'm going to want to risk not stocking up.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO
Yup. Food stockpile plan is very much a go.

I'd say I'm looking forward to literally eating JRM or David Davis, but they both look stringy and unpleasant. Bet there's good eating on Disgraced Former Defence Minister Liam Fox though.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
jezza

jezza!

jeeezzzzzzaaa!!!!

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo

tarbrush posted:

Yup. Food stockpile plan is very much a go.

I'd say I'm looking forward to literally eating JRM or David Davis, but they both look stringy and unpleasant. Bet there's good eating on Disgraced Former Defence Minister Liam Fox though.

arent you a lib dem voter lol? you deserve everything that you have coming.

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)

Taintrunner posted:

jezza

jezza!

jeeezzzzzzaaa!!!!

It blows my mind how right wing lunatics look at this guy and see pure evil

VeganEverestDeath
May 1, 2017

alphabettitouretti posted:

lol you think there'll be enough card for that

Britain must not allow a card gap.

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

Avirosb posted:

Why can't we do capital punishment for political crimes ?

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)
Cos punishment is for povs

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

One of the fundamental truths of society is that the people who make and enforce the law don't willingly punish themselves

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

Avirosb posted:

See, you actually should let the feudal lords and poo poo run the country for a while.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

tarbrush posted:

Partly shoddy 70s, partly liking some lib dem policies rather than dislike of Labour's

Also Brexit. If Corbyn turns round and pulls Norway out of the hat, then file me under 'I've made a huge mistake', but I don't think that leaving Europe in order to bring back state aid is a good idea on any count.

And due to this, you decided to support the political party most famous for literally breaking every single promise they ever made just so they could coalition with the Tories of all loving people?

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
What does Lord Salt think about this

Gum
Mar 9, 2008

oho, a rapist
time to try this puppy out

Kurtofan posted:

What does Lord Salt think about this

He's not happy

namesake
Jun 19, 2006

"When I was a girl, around 12 or 13, I had a fantasy that I'd grow up to marry Captain Scarlet, but he'd be busy fighting the Mysterons so I'd cuckold him with the sexiest people I could think of - Nigel Mansell, Pat Sharp and Mr. Blobby."

Gum posted:

He's not happy

Very bitter in fact.

Captain Splendid
Jan 7, 2009

Qu'en pense Caffarelli?
I believe we should appoint Danny Dyer as the voice of reason.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vWAa3_OyS48

Heavy_D
Feb 16, 2002

"rararararara" contains the meaning of everything, kept in simple rectangular structures

Captain Splendid posted:

I believe we should appoint Danny Dyer as the voice of reason.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vWAa3_OyS48

Danny Dyer should definitely be the next James Bond

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
https://twitter.com/PeterStefanovi2/status/1056225671935131649

Bone Crimes
Mar 7, 2007

Can someone translate this for a U.S. citizen. This reads like a Markov bot.

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

Haha

https://twitter.com/craigthomler/status/1056208182555533312?s=19

quote:

Mr Abbott's meeting with Mr Johnson, kept secret by both parties until now, has been exposed by a Labour MP whom Tony Abbott confided in, not realising he was a Labour and not a Tory MP.

Stephen Doughty told The Sun-Herald he was in Oxford on October 4 when he bumped into Mr Abbott in the street. The former prime minister told him he had just had some "good meetings" with "your man Boris", not realising Mr Doughty is a strong remainer and campaigning for a second referendum.

Mr Doughty says Mr Abbott described Boris Johnson as "his mate" and doubted that Mr Abbott's intervention on the Brexit debate, in which he savaged Mrs May's Brexit plan in an attack similar to Mr Johnson's was merely a coincidence.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
THERE WILL BE ADEQUATE FOOD

THERE IS NO REASON FOR ALARM

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
you don’t need social security if there’s no food to buy