Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Platystemon)

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

From the article:

quote:

This isn't the first time someone's built a robot that resembles a celebrity. As Calo notes in a recent paper, Samsung ran a series of ads in the early 1990s that featured a robot in a fancy dress and a blonde wig who was turning letters on a wall in what was a clear depiction of Wheel of Fortune star Vanna White, even if the bot did have a metal face. White sued, and won, showing that "Samsung spent a lot of money on the ads, and that they also paid Morton Downey Jr. a lot of money to be in the other ads," says Calo.

I looked up the Vanna White ad in question and it was this print ad:

How the hell was that not considered parody? I think it was even done in the movie They Live first if I'm remembering right

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
You can tell the person who made that was an idiot because they put “A.D.” after the year.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

i assume craigslist is going out of business since they had to remove their personals section

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BIjEjvhQNZI

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K2IYIJc1f00

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

This displeases Dev- ..van. Shut up.

Nothus posted:

It is unsettlingly utilitarian.

If upon seeing the dick sucking robot you immediately go limp and never want to have your dick sucked again then technically the robot is the most efficient dick sucker in existence, because it has effectively, permanently achieved the essential goal of getting your dick sucked; having a material interaction that removes the present overriding desire to orgasm.

It's the final solution blowjob of the mind.

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

Shear Modulus posted:

i love that the dick sucking robot is just a few pieces of metal bolted together

itll look like miku when you put the vr goggles on

Food Boner
Jul 2, 2005

mysterious frankie posted:

If upon seeing the dick sucking robot you immediately go limp and never want to have your dick sucked again then technically the robot is the most efficient dick sucker in existence, because it has effectively, permanently achieved the essential goal of getting your dick sucked; having a material interaction that removes the present overriding desire to orgasm.

It's the final solution blowjob of the mind.

:hmmyes:

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

tf2 was only good before it had an economy

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

Morphix
May 21, 2003

by Reene

bloom posted:

I'm disrupting the sex toy industry, give me $50bil startup cash tia

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=69zrAphWcTE

hahahaha holy poo poo

Former DILF
Jul 13, 2017

I love that they took it to an open field to turn it on lmao

Rhesus Pieces
Jun 27, 2005

https://twitter.com/jack/status/1056201333999460352?s=21

good to know this guy has no problem getting shuteye while he lets antisemites and right-wing lunatics use his platform to target people

also motherfucker needs to eat a drat sandwich

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
Corresponds to five feet ten inches or 178 cm and 64.5 kg.

Officially, he could go as low as 129 lb (58.5 kg) and not be underweight or as high as 174 lb (79 kg) without going overweight.

But that’s only if he has no muscle.

Eraflure
Oct 12, 2012

lol what a piece of poo poo

Former DILF
Jul 13, 2017

Platystemon posted:

Corresponds to five feet ten inches or 178 cm and 64.5 kg.

Officially, he could go as low as 129 lb (58.5 kg) and not be underweight or as high as 174 lb (79 kg) without going overweight.

But that’s only if he has no muscle.

how bigs his dick and whats his butthole look like

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Former DILF posted:

how bigs his dick and whats his butthole look like

*rolls dice* he looks like poo poo all around op

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

ShriekingMarxist posted:

when you're willing to gently caress a robot you're really gonna min/max your time investment i guess

also lol

https://twitter.com/CBCTechSci/status/1055791591175020545

Jesus christ

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

ShriekingMarxist posted:

when you're willing to gently caress a robot you're really gonna min/max your time investment i guess

also lol

https://twitter.com/CBCTechSci/status/1055791591175020545

4/10 dystopia, was paid for with actual money and not bitcoin.

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010
rip ratios

https://mobile.twitter.com/ow/status/1056876101946015746

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

some chud is going to start an etsy store selling arm bands w/the twitter heart on them

Jimlit
Jun 30, 2005

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

seawalls, but an app

Senju Kannon
Apr 9, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F_DFJ-OXTzQ

Catboy Autonomist
Jun 23, 2018

IS IT SUPWISING THAT PWISONS WESEMBWE FACTOWIES, SCHOOWS, WHICH AWW WESEMBWE PWISONS?
https://www.nytimes.com/2018/10/26/style/digital-divide-screens-schools.html?action=click&module=RelatedLinks&pgtype=Article

quote:

For the last six months, at night in school libraries across Overland Park, a suburb of Kansas City, Mo., about 150 parents have been meeting to talk about one thing: how to get their children off screens.

It wasn’t long ago that the worry was that rich students would have access to the internet earlier, gaining tech skills and creating a digital divide. Schools ask students to do homework online, while only about two-thirds of people in the U.S. have broadband internet service. But now, as Silicon Valley’s parents increasingly panic over the impact screens have on their children and move toward screen-free lifestyles, worries over a new digital divide are rising. It could happen that the children of poorer and middle-class parents will be raised by screens, while the children of Silicon Valley’s elite will be going back to wooden toys and the luxury of human interaction.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

then the meetings ended because the libraries were closed due to a lack of funding?

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

I’m legit curious what’s going to happen to the generation that’s been using the internet and smart phones since preschool. will the access to near-infinite information lead to introspection and growth? or will the human facsimiles of social media provide just enough mental stimulation to keep them self-aware but ignorant of anything below surface level thoughts and ideas?

Poniard
Apr 3, 2011

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

I’m legit curious what’s going to happen to the generation that’s been using the internet and smart phones since preschool. will the access to near-infinite information lead to introspection and growth? or will the human facsimiles of social media provide just enough mental stimulation to keep them self-aware but ignorant of anything below surface level thoughts and ideas?

My father finger left to get vape cartridges and he still hasn't come back

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?
the trick is to occasionally mention to your children that capitalism was and is a mistake.

Food Boner
Jul 2, 2005
i leave my infant daughter a the little day care room at the gym for an hour or so when i work out

i checked on her once and the loving lady was just sitting there letting her play with her phone im like hell no binch

she got fired thank god new lady is way better

Uranium Phoenix
Jun 20, 2007

Boom.

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

This isn't a hard question to answer. What do people do with the internet and phones all day? Watch educational lectures? Look up scientific articles? Teach themselves a trade? Engage in genuine discussions seeking enlightenment? Read the thousands of free, classic novels?

Hell no. They grind their own brains into paste looking at memes, streamers, youtube, and playing bad but addictive video games.

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer

Uranium Phoenix posted:

This isn't a hard question to answer. What do people do with the internet and phones all day? Watch educational lectures? Look up scientific articles? Teach themselves a trade? Engage in genuine discussions seeking enlightenment? Read the thousands of free, classic novels?

Hell no. They grind their own brains into paste looking at memes, streamers, youtube, and playing bad but addictive video games.

i mean we all can just look in the mirror to see exactly what's happening. none of us are without sin.

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

There was a terrible noise.
There was a terrible silence.

Anecdotally, people use it to look up any claim you make. The moment any argument lasts more than 30 seconds, someone is pulling out a phone to confirm or deny it.

Good habit imho. Olds don't seem to have it, or know what to do when it happens.

Captain Billy Pissboy
Oct 25, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
College Slice

Loel posted:

Anecdotally, people use it to look up any claim you make. The moment any argument lasts more than 30 seconds, someone is pulling out a phone to confirm or deny it.

Good habit imho. Olds don't seem to have it, or know what to do when it happens.

the problem with this is how easy it is to game search results. i also feel like a lot of people assume all sources are equally valid. this is more a failure of education and the companies that own the internet though

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Yeah. The lack of reliable sources means unless you have a primary source you can trust your forced to read several flavors of propaganda and somehow infer a reading of it that is close to reality

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

Loel posted:

this is why google et al are gaming search results to herd people into the mainstream approved propaganda outlets and "Fact Check" sites

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Larry Parrish posted:

Yeah. The lack of reliable sources means unless you have a primary source you can trust your forced to read several flavors of propaganda and somehow infer a reading of it that is close to reality

That doesn’t help you when the bias is in choosing what to print.

Chasterson
Aug 16, 2013

by Nyc_Tattoo
just lie and say wikipedia agrees with you nobody will ever check

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

I verify all my arguments with conservapedia.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

I don't know about smart phones per se but using GPS solely may be having a pretty negative effect on our brains