Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

CJacobs posted:

wtf they're gonna add 2B but not A2. Why you gotta do me like this

Depending on the costume parts they add, it will probably be pretty easy to customize 2B into A2, or just create A2 wholesale using the 2B fighting style.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great
For every 1000 people that ask for 2B in any fighting game, ~5 ask for A2

For every 1000 people that ask for A2, 1 asks for 6O

(it's me, let me throw flower facts at the horrible monstrosities people have created using the custom character stuff)

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
1000 people that ask for 2b have no taste, play the video game nier automata if you wanna fight stuff as 2b, gimme more a2

Well Manicured Man
Aug 21, 2010

Well Manicured Mort
Give me the three YoRHa deserters from that one sidequest that are all packing like 50 weapons apiece or give me death.

STANKBALLS TASTYLEGS
Oct 12, 2012

yeah I'm editing 2B to look like A2 day one

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

CJacobs posted:

1000 people that ask for 2b have no taste, play the video game nier automata if you wanna fight stuff as 2b, gimme more a2

They considered A2, but where 2B accurately filled out the form for acting as a guest character, A2 just wrote "gently caress you!" repeatedly.

Most of the time, she misspelled it.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

chiasaur11 posted:

They considered A2, but where 2B accurately filled out the form for acting as a guest character, A2 just wrote "gently caress you!" repeatedly.

Most of the time, she misspelled it.

That's what you get when you ask Jackal to proofread

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Galaxy brain: Pascal for Nier guest character.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Ahem

*steps up to microphone, gives it a few taps and nods solemnly while listening to the feedback whine*

*takes a deep, pointed breath*

Where's Kainé

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

CJacobs posted:

Ahem

*steps up to microphone, gives it a few taps and nods solemnly while listening to the feedback whine*

Where's Kainé

Exactly. :hai:

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

SIEGFRIED YOU DUMBASS! Start making sense, you rotten bandit, or you're gonna be sorry! Maybe I'll rip your hairs out, one-by-one! Or maybe I'll put you in the goddamn furnace! How can someone with such a big, smart brain get hypnotized like a little BITCH!?Huh? Oh, Soul Edge, I love you, Soul Edge! Come over here and give Siegfried a big sloppy kiss, Soul Edge! Now pull your head out of your goddamn rear end and START loving HELPING US!"

Beefstew
Oct 30, 2010

I told you that story so I could tell you this one...

Smirking_Serpent posted:

SIEGFRIED YOU DUMBASS! Start making sense, you rotten bandit, or you're gonna be sorry! Maybe I'll rip your hairs out, one-by-one! Or maybe I'll put you in the goddamn furnace! How can someone with such a big, smart brain get hypnotized like a little BITCH!?Huh? Oh, Soul Edge, I love you, Soul Edge! Come over here and give Siegfried a big sloppy kiss, Soul Edge! Now pull your head out of your goddamn rear end and START loving HELPING US!"

:golfclap:

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

That is still my favorite opening of a game. I had no idea it was going to happen and it immediately set the tone for what was the follow.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

CJacobs posted:

Ahem

Where's Kainé

Would a user created character using 2B's fighting style and Kaine's nightgown be close enough? Because one of the cosmetic items they're adding is Kaine's nightgown.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Wait people care about A2.

She was fine I guess but nothing particularly interesting

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

CharlestheHammer posted:

Must be weird living in your world, constantly surprised that other people have opinions apart from you

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

CharlestheHammer posted:

:wrong:

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

A2 is very cool and she and her Pod had the best dynamic in the game.

E: Also she was the only character who could taunt.

Look Sir Droids
Jan 27, 2015

The tracks go off in this direction.
A2 has better hair and no BDSM blindfold.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
A2 is what would happen if they designed a 2B model with a personality.

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

everyone can taunt they just don’t have it built into their melee attacks.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Mega64 posted:

A2 is what would happen if they designed a 2B model with a personality.

They were built with the same personality. It's just A2 had all her friends die due to being betrayed by command, while 2B betrays and murders her closest friend over and over again at the orders of command.

Also, A2 was probably dropped on her head a lot, because she's hilarious amounts of a dumbass.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

A2 > Pascal > 6O > 2B > 9S > Commander > 210

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Sakurazuka posted:

Must be weird living in your world, constantly surprised that other people have opinions apart from you

Doesn’t come up as much as you think

Though I was more surprised because while she served her role in the story, that’s about it

Nina
Oct 9, 2016

Invisible werewolf (entirely visible, not actually a wolf)
The continuum of stage play to game A2 makes her the most interesting character in this whole shebangle. It’s kinda butchered by having the character arc spread over two mediums though

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

That’s fair making her backstory optional was a rather weird decision. Especially since they made Devola mandatory

Noper Q
Nov 7, 2012

b_d posted:

everyone can taunt they just don’t have it built into their melee attacks.

They can? How?

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Noper Q posted:

They can? How?

Rapidly flash the pod's light in the enemy's faces.

Pisses robots off like nobody's business.

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great

Smirking_Serpent posted:

A2 > Pascal > 6O > 2B > 9S > Commander > 210
I'd drop 9S a bit lower cause i was so tired of his "insane with grief" hissy fit but otherwise i'm on board

and i don't even know the full stageplay, just some cliff notes

Well Manicured Man
Aug 21, 2010

Well Manicured Mort

chiasaur11 posted:

They were built with the same personality. It's just A2 had all her friends die due to being betrayed by command, while 2B betrays and murders her closest friend over and over again at the orders of command.

Also, A2 was probably dropped on her head a lot, because she's hilarious amounts of a dumbass.

The first production line of YoRHa units were... probably not the smartest. All those years without proper maintenance probably weren't doing A2 any favors, either.

Beefstew
Oct 30, 2010

Caim is also joining the fight!

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

chiasaur11 posted:

Rapidly flash the pod's light in the enemy's faces.

Pisses robots off like nobody's business.

I couldn't remember so I thought this was a joke but I looked it up and this is actually how you do it. I think your character actually does a taunt though. It raises the damage you deal and take and there are chips that increase that effect

TalkLittle
Jun 23, 2004

And the game doesn't add it to the tutorial until after you discover it by accident i.e. look up online why the tutorial isn't 100% yet

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

TalkLittle posted:

And the game doesn't add it to the tutorial until after you discover it by accident i.e. look up online why the tutorial isn't 100% yet

Or until you put in a chip to up your taunt.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

Well, my 2B is obviously obsolete. So I figured I'd try out some less popular characters.

IT'S WAY TOO LATE TO STOP. NO. ONE. STOPS!

Zonko_T.M.
Jul 1, 2007

I'm not here to fuck spiders!

Beefstew posted:

Caim is also joining the fight!

Insufficient amount of poo poo-eating grin. Caim LOVES murder!

Beefstew
Oct 30, 2010

Smirking_Serpent posted:

Well, my 2B is obviously obsolete. So I figured I'd try out some less popular characters.

IT'S WAY TOO LATE TO STOP. NO. ONE. STOPS!

Sorry, I had to do it before you did:

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!
I decided to do a replay of the C route after having completed most of the side quests I missed going through the game.

Holy gently caress, I just noticed the trip down memory lane after A2’s first boss pokes you in the eye about 2B’s true designation as 2E. And you get extra dialogue from a malfunctioning 6O during the Bunker escape sequence if you completed the Desert Rose quest for her.

Christ. :cry:

imhotep
Nov 16, 2009

REDBAR INTENSIFIES
Woah, I just did the Desert Rose quest (the operator one, not Devola and Popola's which I plan on doing) on accident, what happens??

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Imhotep posted:

Woah, I just did the Desert Rose quest (the operator one, not Devola and Popola's which I plan on doing) on accident, what happens??

6O thanks 2B for the flowers early on in route C. Just after the meeting with White.