Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

LadyPictureShow posted:

Yeah, I get that, my 'What?!' was in regards to 'guy with suicide note jumped in front of his car'.

That's one way to do it though, I suppose.

Hellblazer187 posted:

Jesus. If you need to kill yourself just get a loving gun or a rope or some pills there's a bunch of ways to do it that don't involve destroying some innocent stranger.

yeah that was a really lovely situation, dude never deserved to go to prison because some lovely dude jumped into his car as hard as he could but that's life I guess?

Girlfriend(21) is only attracted to me(M22) when I'm happy/doing well in life. How normal is this?

quote:

We've been dating for a little more than a year. We just graduated(yay). I've noticed ever since college, when I'm happy and socializing a lot, she can't stop complimenting me and touching me. But when I'm feeling a little low, she drops a little "hope you feel better" and does as little as she can to make me feel better. Meanwhile, she jumps over to the happier(complimenty) guys in class and immediately jumps back to me when I'm fine again. We've spoken about it and she says she doesn't realize. She says she's head over heels in love with me. I believe that she does love me, but I know for a fact she only likes me when I'm constantly complimenting her and giving her attention. I'm very anxious this might be a road to cheating.

Tl;dr : Girlfriend only likes me when I'm happy and looks for attention from other guys when I'm feeling down.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

LadyPictureShow posted:

What?! Holy poo poo.

Speaking of suicides...

Ut My brother shot himself, is his gun a part of evidence? Do police ever release the gun back to the family/spouse?

Why would you want the gun back? 'Yeop, this here is my brother's suicide gun. They don't make 'em like they used to!'

Hell of a conversation piece

snergle
Aug 3, 2013

A kind little mouse!

blarzgh posted:

I actively work for the greater bad of society

i didnt know trump was a goon.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

snergle posted:

it would explain a lot

Barudak
May 7, 2007

MrQwerty posted:

Girlfriend(21) is only attracted to me(M22) when I'm happy/doing well in life. How normal is this?

Weve done it, weve found the only person legally allowed to tell someone "if you cant handle me at my worst, you dont deserve me at my best"

Fuck Your Website
Nov 29, 2003
FUCK YOU, AND FUCK YOUR WEBSITE

MrQwerty posted:

If they graduated from college why are they still in class? idgi

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy

Smirking_Serpent posted:

My [30F] husband [35M] is upset because I refuse to be nice to his parents.

Approximately 50%+ of my coworkers are Indian and Bangladeshi. I've become close with a couple of them, and I've gotten a look at their family workings. My advice was going to be, "Give it up, lady. They're coming." Then, I saw they'd already arrived, and lol. A fair number of my coworkers are first-generation United States and Canadian citizens with parents who live 8,000 miles away, and those parents still call the shots. It's kind of amazing.

Lolling at

quote:

He says he can't guarantee their death

Also, the reason the mother-in-law doesn't wash utensils properly is probably that she doesn't use them. Every single meal I've ever eaten at an Indian friends house has consisted of them scrambling to find one of the two forks they own for me to use, while they use their hands to mash their food into balls with rice or whatever other starch they're using. I always try to do the same, but man does it feel weird. Most of the coworkers I've become friends with are south Indian, so this might not be universal.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

In general if an indian or south east asian man tells you they have "a good relationship with their parents" that is the signal to pull the emergency brake and jump out the car.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

Is it possible for my best friend to bequeath his skull to me upon his death?

A close friend of decades was recently hospitalized for heart concerns. The surgeon suggested the only through his malady was heart bypass surgery. This information was alarming and I realized I would miss him if he were gone. Being the sentimental type I am, I asked in the event of his passing if I could have his skull as a keepsake? He thought about it a bit and agreed that would be just fine.

I know this is possible. I recently had my gall bladder removed and the surgeon shoved it in a jar for me and it now sits at home on a bookshelf.

This is a serious question, yet I have no idea how one would go about this. He is in the state of California and is married. He has not brought this up to his wife, yet I am certain she would abide by his last wishes.

Good news is he had the procedure and is fine. The bad news is he may die in the future and do not know how it is (if it is even) possible to go about this the next go around.

Yes, we have discussed the possibility that I could shuffle off this mortal coil before him and to date he has not expressed an interest in having my skull adorn his keepsake shelf.

Lastly, I don't imagine someone is just going to remove his skull and hand it to me in a patients belonging bag. I suspect it would have to be denuded and fed to critters to clean the skull. Money is not an issue although I don't want to sell my house to pay for the project.

Anyone? Ideas? Experience?

Clark Nova
Jul 18, 2004

LadyPictureShow posted:

What?! Holy poo poo.

Speaking of suicides...

Ut My brother shot himself, is his gun a part of evidence? Do police ever release the gun back to the family/spouse?

Why would you want the gun back? 'Yeop, this here is my brother's suicide gun. They don't make 'em like they used to!'

If you don't have possession of your brother's suicide gun, then you have less than the maximum number of guns that it is possible to acquire and you have failed in your duty as an American. :911:

Ignis
Mar 31, 2011

I take it you don't want my autograph, then.

https://twitter.com/redditships/status/1056295917245083649?s=21

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
I uhhhh got a weird sex related injury and don’t know how to explain to my boss that i need a few days off
(mildly :nws:)

quote:

Short version is um. So. I(21 f) uh, burnt my left butt cheek. Skin peeling and everything. Went to the ER & got medication and now i don’t know how to tell people the reason for my injury especially my boss.

This happened a few hours ago and it hurts, like you never know how many things your rear end comes in contact with until you injure it :/

This is not the first sex related injury I’ve had, I’m gonna be real like, i kinda suck at sex. I hosed a clown ffs. But usually, i could say i fell down or the likes. You can’t fall down on a stove.

Also i should elaborate it’s not a kink, i was just making some coffee, out of habit when the kettle started whistling, i turned the stove off and switched the kettle to another part of the stove. As i was searching for some sugar, my boyfriend came up behind me and i asked what he wanted to eat. His headass response was “you of course” and my headass reply was “eat up.” So trying to be sexy, he turns me and puts me on the counter, except he completely miscalculates and places half of me on the loving stove.

The trip to the ER was painful, could not sit down so we couldn’t drive, had to take the bus, had to wear sweats and no undies because everything was CHAFING and that was not comfortable, had to walk around the ER for a good hour before they took us in and the I’m like 90% sure the doc stepped out of the room to laugh at us to his colleagues, which i mean, i would too. Anyways he checked my rear end out which was bizarre, didn’t help that he was cute and i was flustered and my boyfriend was somewhere between astonished and amused. Doc gave me medication and I’ve been laying on my stomach in bed for the past four hours with no pants on while my boyfriend runs ointment on me every hour.

I have work in a few hours and i know my boss is gonna cut my rear end for calling out, which I’m prepared for but as for the excuse....i don’t exactly want to give him the doctors note, but i don’t want to also give him an excuse that would give me bad karma.

Any advise? Anyone ever had a bizarre sex injury and needed an excuse ASAP? I don’t even know if this is the right sub for this hahaha

Edit: update, quickest problem solved ever tbh, so thank you. Because of the documentation dictating where i actually burnt myself, I’m telling him i was reaching for something high and slipped up as user lovelosteyes suggested. Thank you!

This seems so silly in retrospect but i was really panicking on what to say.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Im sorry, lets rewind a little. You hosed a clown?

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Barudak posted:

Im sorry, lets rewind a little. You hosed a clown?

Alas, the original got deleted

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

My girlfriend [F30] just said that I have a small penis in front of her family. I am [M25]

I am writing this just minutes after it happened. My girlfriend and I visited her parents with our daughter we were eating dinner when her father told us that his friend is going to Morocco to make a kidney transplant operation because it is really cheaper there than here in Germany. He then went on talking about several other kind of operations people go to Morocco for, one of them penis enlargement, everyone laughed and suddenly my girlfriend said to me with the loudest tone possible " maybe you should go to there" and made a very loud laugh. I was absolutely horrified, everyone else was suddenly silent and started looking at me. I could not say a word and my eyes betrayed me and started tearing. I just stop up and left, took my car and left home leaving her there with our daughter.

While typing this post I received a message from her telling me that I should not be sensible and it is absolutely wrong for me leave them there and leave.

I have no desire to see her now at all.

Did I overreact by leaving? Was this really a stupid joke from her side and I shouldn't take it seriously?

Tl;dr: my gf told her family that I have a small penis as a joke and I left her with them and left.

jobson groeth
May 17, 2018

by FactsAreUseless

Smirking_Serpent posted:

My girlfriend [F30] just said that I have a small penis in front of her family. I am [M25]

I am writing this just minutes after it happened. My girlfriend and I visited her parents with our daughter we were eating dinner when her father told us that his friend is going to Morocco to make a kidney transplant operation because it is really cheaper there than here in Germany. He then went on talking about several other kind of operations people go to Morocco for, one of them penis enlargement, everyone laughed and suddenly my girlfriend said to me with the loudest tone possible " maybe you should go to there" and made a very loud laugh. I was absolutely horrified, everyone else was suddenly silent and started looking at me. I could not say a word and my eyes betrayed me and started tearing. I just stop up and left, took my car and left home leaving her there with our daughter.

While typing this post I received a message from her telling me that I should not be sensible and it is absolutely wrong for me leave them there and leave.

Did I overreact by leaving? Was this really a stupid joke from her side and I shouldn't take it seriously?

Tl;dr: my gf told her family that I have a small penis as a joke and I left her with them and left.

Way to turn what was a funny joke into a blatant admission about your wang size and shame.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
I [25F] finally met my World of Warcraft sweetheart [33M] in real life and...he acted repulsed by me. Help and advice wanted!

quote:

Hello there, I apologize for causing anyone to cringe to death at the un-ironic use of "WoW sweetheart" in the title, but I couldn't think of a better way to describe it!

I'll try and keep things brief, but here's the backstory for Jim [33M] and I [25F]. We met three years ago on the popular video game World of Warcraft; it was a typical story, he was the raid leader/main tank and I was a random dps. At first I was a bit intimidated by him because he was very aloof and cool, but over the first few months we started doing a lot of 5 man dungeons together and we'd stay up all night talking to each other on discord. Y'all, the chemistry was INSANE. I've never met anyone IRL who even comes close to Jim, in terms of being able to relate to me and we were both blown away at how much we had in common and how in sync we were. Everyone in the guild teased us about flirting but we both vehemently denied it for a few years. I had a massive crush on him from the get go, but I assumed he didn't feel the same way because frankly, he is out of my league.

So after three years of daily talks and occasional video chatting, he texts me 3 months ago that he's in love with me and that he needs to meet me IRL (he even offers to pay for plane tickets and everything, since he sadly lives across the country). Jim admitted that he had felt this way for years and always held out the hope that we'd somehow get together. I remember how hard my heart was pounding when I read the messages, because I couldn't loving believe it- my dream had finally come true! So we spent a few weeks being really sappy and flirty and telling each other all the things we had been holding in for years. He confirmed many, many times that he was "super into me" and that he couldn't want to finally kiss me and cuddle with me. I was PSYCHED to meet him, y'all. I was literally counting down the days until my cross-country journey to meet the man of my dreams.

I just got home from that trip about 7 days ago, and I'm....embarrassed. Don't get me wrong, the trip was still fun and our chemistry was still insane but Jim literally treated me like a sister or cousin. He had been hyping up how beautiful and amazing I am and all these physical things he was dying to do with me, and when we met he barely wanted to hug me at the airport. I felt pretty humiliated and confused, at night we sat down to watch our favorite TV show and he literally sat across the room from me even though we spent months fantasizing together about cuddling. I finally brought up how uncomfortable I felt and I asked him if anything was wrong, and he was silent for a long time. Then he goes, "Does it bother you that I'm almost 10 years older than you?" And I immediately said "no, not at all! I've known the whole time and it's never bothered me." He said something about how I reminded him of his students, and how "off-putting" that is to him. For context, he teaches at a local college and most of his students are like 18-19, way younger than me. Jim pretty much changed the subject after that, and I asked for a hug because I was feeling really weird. He hugged me the way you'd hug an obese, stinky homeless man. Like, arms barely touching me and his body as far away as possible. I felt ugly and defeated.

It's been nearly a week since I got home, and now he's sending me mixed messages and I'm getting frustrated. He said that he wants our relationship to "continue" and he's said that he wants to come visit me next, but he also doesn't flirt with me anymore or tell me that I'm cute. I feel like I got rejected, yet he still talks to me daily and seems to really care about me. I feel like the age thing was just an excuse, because he's known my age the entire time and he insisted before that it didn't bother him...the insecure part of me feels like it's because I'm kind of fat, but he 100% knew that before he met me. We had video chatted multiple times and I sent him many honest full body pictures of myself, which he always praised as being cute and sexy.

Tl;dr: I [25F] met the man of my dreams [33M] from WoW and after years of intense flirting and interest, he suddenly cools off after seeing me IRL. Am I ugly or is there something else going on? Help and advice for how to ask him about this needed! I suck at confrontation but I need answers.

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy

Smirking_Serpent posted:

Welp. Your reaction let everyone know your dick is small, but that's only a secondary concern. Her first instinct was to message you to berate you, rather than to apologize for hurting you, and you've already put a baby in her. Sucks to be you, for at least two reasons.

Mr. Creakle
Apr 27, 2007

Protecting your virginity

Absurd Alhazred posted:

I [25F] finally met my World of Warcraft sweetheart [33M] in real life and...he acted repulsed by me. Help and advice wanted!

When you find out she doesn’t actually look like a Blood Elf IRL

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer

snergle posted:

You seriously think the donult could figure out how to shitpost on my level?? I'm insulted!

Simply Simon
Nov 6, 2010

📡scanning🛰️ for good game 🎮design🦔🦔🦔

Smirking_Serpent posted:

Truly a faux pass on her end, everyone knows we Germans don't get humour.

Also, he could have a 30 cm superdonger but his GF said it's small, must be correct then.

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

jobson groeth posted:

Way to turn what was a funny joke into a blatant admission about your wang size and shame.

To be fair, randomly putting down your SO in front of family is a red flag and plenty of justification for just leaving your girlfriend if you haven't been dating that long. The rest of the family apparently reacted with silence so everyone thought a line may have been crossed, and not in a funny way. And her first response was to criticize his reaction instead of apologizing or asking why he left, another red flag. That relationship dynamic kind of sucks and is not good

The only problem with his reaction is that they have a daughter

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer

Simply Simon posted:

Truly a faux pass on her end, everyone knows we Germans don't get humour.

Also, he could have a 30 cm superdonger but his GF said it's small, must be correct then.
The fact that he froze up and started crying about a tiny dick joke tells me he's a)a 14 year old pretending to be 25 and/or b) he actually does have a tiny little schnitzel

Freudian
Mar 23, 2011

Thank You Internet

The Original It Girl posted:

Ahhh gently caress i did something so weird and maybe stupid.

You know when you’re on a roller coaster and you’re at the highest peak and like for a moment you think you could possibly actually die?? But then it gets kinda euphoric and fun but your stomach is still doing flips and you kinda want the ride to end already but you have like one loop left? But then when it’s over and you’re off the ride, you’re filled with so much adrenaline and your body is literally shaking and u kinda sorta wanna go on another ride??

That’s the closest i could come to a metaphor because that’s sort of the feeling i was having??

Let me also say I’m not scared of clowns but they do make me anxious in close proximity.

So my boyfriend’s best friend is throwing this haunted house themed party. His idea is for his house to be a little horror house jump scare shtick and once you “escape” it’d lead to the backyard where the real party is. So for this he needs some cheap actors, one of them being my boyfriend. So they decided to do a little test run with full costumes and makeup. He got the zombies, the mask wearing chainsaw killers, the ugly witches, the dead girls holding dolls and the clowns.

My boyfriend was completely decked out in like a psycho killer clown ensemble, and for some reason it really really freaked me out. He had these white out contacts on, his face was caked in white and red paint, fake blood,and there were teeth around his mouth with some sort of liquid silicone stuff, i don’t know it just made it seem like his mouth had been ripped out and fangs were sticking out, the better to eat you with theme going. Seeing him just really freaked me out like my heart was racing , my palms were sweating, moms spaghetti and the only thing i could think of that i felt similar to was like waiting in line for a rollercoaster or something.

I found it hard to be at this little test run so i told him I’d meet him at his place. I’m in his room when he comes home, still scary looking but when he talks it’s so regular and his voice is soothing so im a little at ease and he’s about to take off the makeup and stuff but for some reason my stupid rear end thinks it’ll be real fun if we did some role play or something i don’t really know. I just had this weird rear end urge for him to gently caress me in his drat costume, full make up and everything. At first he was amused, then he gave in to see where it’d go, fast forward to me on my back, hyperventilating but...thrilled at the same time. I don’t know how to explain it but i was so scared, like my heart felt so heavy, yet i knew it was just my boyfriend, so i begged him to raw me until i saw double. I was on the verge of tears and it hosed me up not being able to see his eyes and holy poo poo his mouth was terrifying to look at, so i held him really close to me and had my head in the crook of his neck as he thrusted in to me. His smell and his voice were the only things keeping me calm but i wanted him to gently caress. The. FEAR. Out of me.

The scariest orgasm of my life, even now seeing the stupid ugly suit in the corner of his room is making breath heavy. I could like hear my heart beating in my ears ugh. After he came i had to keep my eyes closed until he took all that fx poo poo off. Refused to look at him until he resembled my boyfriend again. He held me real close and jokingly whispered after a beat of silence between us “you’ll float too baby girl” and my entire body just tensed up for a hot second. Afterwards it was pretty funny to see the makeup and fake blood still smeared on my skin and we kinda laughed at how bizarre and intense that was.

I still don’t know why i wanted him to gently caress me like that but i do know that i really didn’t actually want him to stop, like it was so THRILLING.

Haha i didn’t know what to do with this info, didn’t want to keep it to myself but didn’t wanna tell any friends either. Really wild and definitely unforgettable. What’s the weirdest thing you’ve ever done during sex that you didn’t regret? I’ll be real, i don’t regret this at all but i probably won’t be sucking off pennywise anytime soon.

Cyks
Mar 17, 2008

The trenches of IT can scar a muppet for life

Veni Vidi Ameche! posted:

Welp. Your reaction let everyone know your dick is small, but that's only a secondary concern. Her first instinct was to message you to berate you, rather than to apologize for hurting you, and you've already put a baby in her. Sucks to be you, for at least two reasons.

Expecting an apology after being insulted from a bad joke is fine. Taking your girlfriend and your daughter to dinner and then just standing up and leaving without both of them is pathetic and irresponsible.

DragQueenofAngmar
Dec 29, 2009

You shall not pass!

Cyks posted:

Expecting an apology after being insulted from a bad joke is fine. Taking your girlfriend and your daughter to dinner and then just standing up and leaving without both of them is pathetic and irresponsible.

consistent writing, though

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy

Cyks posted:

Bullshit. He left her with a house full of her family. This is entirely on her.

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe
'Yeah, I guess I need to if I'm going to fill that cavernous maw you're dragging around between your legs.'

Or you know, suck it up.

Clark Nova
Jul 18, 2004

He definitely shouldn't have left his child behind no matter how much she made fun of his wee wee. She shouldn't have offered up an awful "sorry you're so sensitive" non-apology. Perhaps they both suck poo poo? :shrug:

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I've been tryin' to speak with you for a long time

tactlessbastard posted:

'Yeah, I guess I need to if I'm going to fill that cavernous maw you're dragging around between your legs.'

Or you know, suck it up.

"I'm sure it would be long enough if your rear end wasn't so fat."

burial
Sep 13, 2002

actually, that won't be necessary.

Clark Nova posted:

He definitely shouldn't have left his child behind no matter how much she made fun of his wee wee. She shouldn't have offered up an awful "sorry you're so sensitive" non-apology. Perhaps they both suck poo poo? :shrug:

Yeah, I think the only mistakes here were a) allowing himself to tear up before he was out of sight (probably unavoidable though?) and b) not taking his daughter with him when he left.

Good christ the clown-loving thing though. Thanks for digging it up. We all owe you.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

wasn't there some infamous SA Front Page article about some horrifying clown incest porn?

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

My gf can talk poo poo all day, we.both know hers is like 4" tops

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
My (27F) niece (16F) is a teen mom. What can I do to support her?

quote:

Hello Reddit, so I’m (27F) trying to navigate a complex situation in my family. Names have been changed. This is a throwaway account, and first time posting on Reddit.

My niece, Gail (now 16F), got pregnant last year at 15 years old. The last time I saw her was at a family event last year and everyone was kept in the dark about it except for her parents (both late 30’s-early 40’s) and the father of her child and his family. Since that family event, no one has seen her. At other family events, only her mother would show up and I didn’t think much of it. Gail’s parents are divorced and communicate through their lawyers, and Gail stays with her mom to attend school and then stays with her father on weekends in a different city that’s an hour or two away. Months go by and I was told by a family member that Gail just gave birth. I was shocked, disappointed, and upset. After accepting what happened, I wanted to reach out and offer her help. I ran into her mother while running errands and spoke to her. Not once did she bring up about her daughter having a baby until I mentioned it. My entire family had known about it at that point, so I thought it was unusual. I offered to help with Gail since her mother mentioned Gail wants to go to college and her mother said okay. But I didn’t hear anything more.

I managed to get in touch with Gail’s father and I was filled in on what was going on. After going through all options while she was pregnant, she decided to keep the baby. It was agreed that the best thing for her was for her to stay in her current school as to not disrupt her studies, stay close to her support system, and stay close to the father of child and his family. However, her mother has been humiliated since Gail’s pregnancy and has been horrible to Gail. I believe she was hiding Gail away to hide her pregnancy until she couldn’t anymore and even then, the mother wouldn’t really talk about it. The thing with my family is that appearances are everything to them, so her teenage daughter having a baby is a huge blow to her image. Due to their constant arguing, Gail lost her motivation to do well in school and is skipping class.

The fighting has gotten so bad, a lawyer contacted the father to ask if Gail can stay with him in the meantime. The father is trying to suggest counselling for the family, but I doubt the mother will accept. Gail was fine while staying with her father, but problems start when she has to go back to stay with her mother to attend school. Gail is currently in therapy. Gail and the father of her child aren’t together anymore and now she is seeing someone new. I was also told she isn’t taking care of the baby, but it wasn’t clear by what Gail’s father meant by that.

I also spoke with Gail herself and see what she saw for her future. What I got from the conversation is that she is so lost. She didn’t even tell me that she had a baby until I told her I knew. Gail said that she was reluctant to tell me because she was told that when I found out she had a baby, I cried and she felt horrible for upsetting me. I was upset at this and told her, “I was disappointed, but I promise I didn’t cry, it wasn’t true. I don’t know who told you that, but someone lied.” I’m upset that I’m being used to make Gail feel horrible for what’s already a tough situation. I suspect it was her mom that told her that.

I offered to meet Gail in person to just talk in a few weeks but I’m not sure what to talk her about. I want for her to feel that she has support from at least one family member, have hope, and that being a teen mom isn’t the end of the world for her. She’s not a bad person, just so lost and overwhelmed. What do I talk to her about? What questions do I ask Gail? How do I navigate this future conversation?

TL;DR My niece is a teen mom. Her parents are divorced but have split custody and communicate through lawyers. She mainly stays with her mother to attend school, and then stays with her father on weekends. Her father is trying to be supportive, but her mother is causing a lot of problems by getting into bad arguments with my niece due to the shame. My niece lost motivation to do well in school. I will be meeting her to talk to her. How do I navigate the conversation with my niece? What can I do for provide support?

Once in a while it's nice to have an OP that's just trying to be a good friend/relative to someone else who's in a bad situation. :unsmith:

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Sexual harassment at work

quote:

[uk]

When my decorative coworkers walk past by me, I can’t focus, I feel disoriented and I often overly kind with them and make stupid decisions.

I’m a software developer and I have to be perfectly sane.

I feel I get manipulated. Can you categorise this behaviour as sexual harassment?

I mean they don’t do it on purpose but I hear from everywhere men end up accused because they can’t control themselves. Should women do it too?

Should I report it? I understand women like to look good but it completly destroys my productivity.

——

There are scientific studies about how decorative women affects men behaviour. For example the tone of the voice.

If I feel bad about something constantly because of somebody, that’s harassment by definition.

This group of women make a lot of mess inside the company by distracting people just because how they look. I’m talking about millions of worth of projects.

——

I would never ever sexually harass a woman I feel I get harassed by them. Just to be clear.

——

Guys, what’s the difference between visually or verbally abuse somebody?

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

chitoryu12 posted:

Sexual harassment at work

What the gently caress is a "decorative coworker"?

value-brand cereal
May 2, 2008

Absurd Alhazred posted:

What the gently caress is a "decorative coworker"?

Erotic Christmas Tree Cosplay. Like you got some sensual tinsel all up in your cracks, and ornaments hanging off your nipple clamp/chain combo.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

I (16M) was diagnosed with mental illnesses, and my gf (16F) says that me telling her that was the reason she did poorly on the ACT.

When I was 12, my mother took her life. It was an event that I didn't really acknowledge for a long time as affecting me or my life, but in recent months it's started catching up to me. Long story short, I got psychologically evaluated and found out that I have depression and PTSD. After some thinking, I decided that it would be best for me to tell it to the very close people in my life, as I felt it would've been a disservice to hide it from them. I told a total of 3 people who I knew I could trust, my two best friends and my gf.

When I told the friends, they were both very supportive of me and thanked me for telling them and letting them know. They felt good knowing that they were trusted enough for me to tell them honestly about my life. My gf, on the other hand, was a completely different story.

While she was studying for her ACT, she was took a break and decided to call me. I didn't call her as to not bother her while she studied. When she called me, I opened up to her about what happened to me and she broke down into tears and started sobbing uncontrollably. Then she started telling me that she is too stressed to study and was going to cancel her ACT, which, mind you, she was scheduled to take the next day. After about an hour of talking and her hanging up on me repeatedly and threatening to cancel, she just said that she'll go but she's just gonna get a bad grade because she'll just be "thinking about me the whole time". I personally think she overreacted, she didn't have to cause a big scene and act like I was about to die. She has been fully aware long before then that I had absolutely no intentions to take my life, so she shouldn't really have any reason to worry so much about me.

Anyway, today came around and she took the test. When I talked to her after, all she told me was that she didn't finish 3 of the 5 sections, but just by a few questions each, so its not like she had a whole section left to do. She told me straight out that I'm the reason she didn't finish the whole test, and that I'm the sole person who completely ruined her future. Even though she already planned on retaking the test long before she took this one, I'm the one reason that her future in colleges or careers is completely shattered.

I don't believe her one bit about it. She's the only one that she has to blame for overreacting so much and likewise for her getting "such a bad score". As much as she tells me it's my fault, I don't really think it is. I shared information with her that I didn't want to hide from her and feel it as a burden over me, it was something she needed to know and it hurts me to know that even when I'm diagnosed with mental illnesses, she'd rather play the victim card and make me feel bad about having them than have a calm conversation about it and be supportive and understanding. I honestly don't know how much I want to continue this relationship because I don't think I want someone that immature in my life.

Was it wrong of me to tell her that information before her test? Am I the reason she didn't do well on it? Did I ruin her future or is she overreacting?

tl;dr I told my gf about my diagnosis of depression and PTSD the day before her ACT exam, she told me the next day that me telling her was the reason she did so poorly and that I ruined her future. Is she justified in feeling that way even though she already planned on doing a retake, or is she overreacting?

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

drat that's a lovely thing to tell someone, even if it's true

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back
Wow what a way to make yourself the victim of someone elses problem.