Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
I went sideways around 285-315 or so to get the last bits of Delve Encounters IV. I found 3 in a semi-reasonable amount of sulphite (approximately 50k per item) and the last one happened to be the last one I needed.

I found 5 of 6 going from 400 to 500 on my Jugg, but it gets scary down there on other characters.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Go team Blind Vaal Madmen

Red Red Blue
Feb 11, 2007

Arrhythmia posted:

This should be illegal

Vasudus
May 30, 2003

Arrhythmia posted:

i hate you

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Vasudus posted:

i hate you

it's okay, i died doing that fossil node and watched a hollow fossil dropped over my corpse and now i hate myself too!

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

very last portal of my 3rd set. i am bad at this game but i finally did it!

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text

J posted:

What depth is best to go horiztonally on for delve encounters 4?

I found 4 when going sideways at 175+ and only 2 so far at 100 (both of them dupes). Don't have much interest in doing a lot of maps anymore so been doing the 100+ stuff now

https://poedb.tw/us/DelveBiomes

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

TheRat posted:

There's plenty of spots open in the guild btw, should any of the cute newbies want to join

put me in coach (Stormy_Chomiels)

BadMedic
Jul 22, 2007

I've never actually seen him heal anybody.
Pillbug
Got to 37/40 challenges, I think I am done with this league.

Some thoughts on the league:
I enjoyed delve league a lot, but mapping is pretty much playing in standard. However, delving has boosted my map pool so much that for the first time I feel complete freedom choosing what maps to run. I've got 37 guardian maps sitting in my stash, and that's just from delving around depth 300! Not having to agonize over getting map drops cause you are on your last T13 is great, and I really hope the game will be more liberal with maps going forward.

Delving is great, and being able to choose your difficulty and stick with it is great. Getting a big pile of sulphite and chaining what is effectively T16 content for an hour feels so good. Mechanically I find delves interesting because compared to maps there is a lower buy-in (you only pay sulphite instead of currency) but bigger risk, as unlike maps you have a single chance instead of 6. I have no idea how Delve could be integrated into core, compared to other leagues it feels like a show stealer. Speaking of leagues...

I feel like GGG might be painting themselves into a corner with their leagues. I think the reason mapping is basically standard this league is because there is only so much you can add to maps. Leagues like Essence, Warbands and Bestiary are all variations on "add some extra packs of rares". Breach, Harbringer, and Abyss are all "add a big pile of mobs in general". Going forward I'm not sure how they can add stuff to maps without retreading previous leagues.

Fossil crafting is really, really good. One of my complaints with this game was that crafting mods on items jumps from "low cost master crafting" to "I hope you have dozens of exalts" with nothing in between. With fossil crafting there is finally a way to craft items without having to put a massive pile of currency on the line. I've been playing since abyss, and this is the first time I've ever actually crafted things (and I was quite successful in my efforts). I really, really hope fossil crafting goes core, or at least causes GGG to revamp their crafting mechanics.

Overall, I'm pretty happy with this league, and I think a month long break will stop me from burning out.

George
Nov 27, 2004

No love for your made-up things.
Having sulphite be so frictionless to acquire was a mistake, and it fills map space that could and should be other things. I think when it goes core they should maybe give sulphite on map boss kills, or integrate it with a more polished incursion.

I also think my stupid idea for a race league would be fun: the passive tree is a delve map and you only level up by completing it.

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

George posted:

Having sulphite be so frictionless to acquire was a mistake, and it fills map space that could and should be other things. I think when it goes core they should maybe give sulphite on map boss kills, or integrate it with a more polished incursion.

I already hate the tediousness that is doing stuff I don't particularly want to do in order to get sulphite, and you want to make it much harder? I am guessing that you hate delving or something.

George
Nov 27, 2004

The Locator posted:

I already hate the tediousness that is doing stuff I don't particularly want to do in order to get sulphite, and you want to make it much harder? I am guessing that you hate delving or something.

I don't mean it should be harder. I mean there should be more to it than clicking on a yellow blob and moving on. You should have to do something interesting but get a lot of it.

zxqv8
Oct 21, 2010

Did somebody call about a Ravager problem?
I was a little surprised they didn't make you fight a pile of delve monsters upon grabbing the node.

Or something

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
Putting it on map bosses is a good idea because people skipping bosses is bad design.

Red Red Blue
Feb 11, 2007

People skip bosses because they're awful, though. The only even remotely interesting bosses are stuff like atziri or shaper where the whole point of you doing it is for the boss. Map bosses either die in ten seconds or have long rear end invuln phases because some GGG designer is mad about all those other bosses dying so fast

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh
I think the people who are really gunning for delves skip bosses because they're leaving the map as soon as they find the sulphite node.

Grimoire
Jul 9, 2003

BadMedic posted:

Got to 37/40 challenges, I think I am done with this league.

Some thoughts on the league:
I enjoyed delve league a lot, but mapping is pretty much playing in standard. However, delving has boosted my map pool so much that for the first time I feel complete freedom choosing what maps to run. I've got 37 guardian maps sitting in my stash, and that's just from delving around depth 300! Not having to agonize over getting map drops cause you are on your last T13 is great, and I really hope the game will be more liberal with maps going forward.

Delving is great, and being able to choose your difficulty and stick with it is great. Getting a big pile of sulphite and chaining what is effectively T16 content for an hour feels so good. Mechanically I find delves interesting because compared to maps there is a lower buy-in (you only pay sulphite instead of currency) but bigger risk, as unlike maps you have a single chance instead of 6. I have no idea how Delve could be integrated into core, compared to other leagues it feels like a show stealer. Speaking of leagues...

I feel like GGG might be painting themselves into a corner with their leagues. I think the reason mapping is basically standard this league is because there is only so much you can add to maps. Leagues like Essence, Warbands and Bestiary are all variations on "add some extra packs of rares". Breach, Harbringer, and Abyss are all "add a big pile of mobs in general". Going forward I'm not sure how they can add stuff to maps without retreading previous leagues.

Fossil crafting is really, really good. One of my complaints with this game was that crafting mods on items jumps from "low cost master crafting" to "I hope you have dozens of exalts" with nothing in between. With fossil crafting there is finally a way to craft items without having to put a massive pile of currency on the line. I've been playing since abyss, and this is the first time I've ever actually crafted things (and I was quite successful in my efforts). I really, really hope fossil crafting goes core, or at least causes GGG to revamp their crafting mechanics.

Overall, I'm pretty happy with this league, and I think a month long break will stop me from burning out.

I'm interested to see how delve mechs will be integrated into future leagues. Delve accessible upon mapping, or leave it in during the campaign, or even retool it as an alternate levelling path (my choice)

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

dyzzy posted:

I think the people who are really gunning for delves skip bosses because they're leaving the map as soon as they find the sulphite node.

I skip the bosses once I have the map bonus unless I'm killing them specifically to change influence, because I suck at killing bosses. If I was forced to kill map bosses for sulphite I would have quit this league at least a month ago.

George
Nov 27, 2004

It was just one idea. I think maps should have more to do in general than just killing trash or killing bosses, but they seldom make it anything but a speed bump.

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh

The Locator posted:

I skip the bosses once I have the map bonus unless I'm killing them specifically to change influence, because I suck at killing bosses. If I was forced to kill map bosses for sulphite I would have quit this league at least a month ago.

I think this highlights why it's so hard to tune end game content, there's lots of people for whom bosses are trivial and where invuln phases are by contrast really annoying, but there's still tons of people who are not at that skill level and would be really hurt by making bosses more difficult. I do think the game should encourage doing the boss of every map though.

Also, what's your build?

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

dyzzy posted:

Also, what's your build?

Currently Enki's Arc build. My issue is simply that I'm old, and my fingers don't seem to do what I tell them to a lot of the time, so flasking is difficult for me as is dodging on screen as I just end up clicking in the wrong place or keystrokes get missed or whatever. I know I'll never do end-game content like Uber-Elder (hell, I've never gotten past T14 maps and have never seen Shaper), but I enjoy the basic gameplay and poking around in the delve, but the ramp up to some bosses (not all, some I have no problem with at all) is just crazy and is beyond my ability. I'm also fairly time limited with a full time job and long commute as well as other time commitments, so I'll also never be rich in this game by simply doing a thousand maps.

I should probably do a super-tanky RF build, but just haven't done it because I like the ranged builds. My league starter was a smite guardian (based on Rodent's build) and I got to level 90 with it. This one I'm only to 89.

nerox
May 20, 2001

Grimoire posted:

I'm interested to see how delve mechs will be integrated into future leagues. Delve accessible upon mapping, or leave it in during the campaign, or even retool it as an alternate levelling path (my choice)

If I didn’t have to do the campaign I would roll so many more characters each league. As it is I can trudge through twice since the second time is so much faster with leveling gear, but I always get really bored if I try to level a 3rd character.

George
Nov 27, 2004

I like leveling alts if the builds have treats waiting for them at levels along the way, but when they're just boring same poo poo until level 68 I have problems.

DontMockMySmock
Aug 9, 2008

I got this title for the dumbest fucking possible take on sea shanties. Specifically, I derailed the meme thread because sailors in the 18th century weren't woke enough for me, and you shouldn't sing sea shanties. In fact, don't have any fun ever.
I think that if you already have a character in a league over level 85, you should have the option of creating a character at level 70 with all the act 1-10 quests and first three labs complete.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

dyzzy posted:

I think this highlights why it's so hard to tune end game content, there's lots of people for whom bosses are trivial and where invuln phases are by contrast really annoying, but there's still tons of people who are not at that skill level and would be really hurt by making bosses more difficult. I do think the game should encourage doing the boss of every map though.

Also, what's your build?

Let people who can one phase them one phase them. People who have issues can experience it the way God intended until their gear is better. Or if you want me to sit through your dumb invulnerable phases make the boss guaranteed to drop something good.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
I would be more ok with the invuln bosses if they had half as many stages. Basilica boss does not need four stages. You want to keep the I AM THE EMPEROR gimmick, ok fine. But the emperor and Innocence only get one stage each. Or better yet, don't even make them properly invulnerable. Make them like the Stygian spires in a depths with like 95% damage reduction and have the add difficulty go up with the amount of damage you're pushing.

Next league I'm probably going to only have shaped maps for my reds, because I'm just finally tired of bosses taking as long as the rest of the entire map. Having to kill the 300-600 bosses for the challenge was awful this league. I don't care for chasing Elder anyway.

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

I just started playing again last night, is there any indication of how much longer this league is going to last for? I don't want to start playing again if it's about to end in ~a month. Any room in the guild for IGN IShootyMyGun ?

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Sab669 posted:

I just started playing again last night, is there any indication of how much longer this league is going to last for? I don't want to start playing again if it's about to end in ~a month. Any room in the guild for IGN IShootyMyGun ?

You've got about a month and a half.

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh

Holyshoot posted:

Let people who can one phase them one phase them. People who have issues can experience it the way God intended until their gear is better. Or if you want me to sit through your dumb invulnerable phases make the boss guaranteed to drop something good.

Lava lake is the absolute worst with this

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Captain Foo posted:

You've got about a month and a half.

A month, next league starts first week of December.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Arrhythmia posted:

A month, next league starts first week of December.

huh, wonder why i had dec 15 stuck in my head

Zmej
Nov 6, 2005

I'm just plinking away at my delve hoping to find an Aul or I shell out some dosh for my last challenge to hit 24. I'm delving at about 420 but all I get is loving vaal bosses.

Also, does anyone understand what the mechanics/damage types of the rare in the biggest azurite node challange does? It shoots the slow moving black/purple eyeballs and seems to spawn darkness around him?

Ledif
Sep 5, 2012

Zmej posted:

I'm just plinking away at my delve hoping to find an Aul or I shell out some dosh for my last challenge to hit 24. I'm delving at about 420 but all I get is loving vaal bosses.

Also, does anyone understand what the mechanics/damage types of the rare in the biggest azurite node challange does? It shoots the slow moving black/purple eyeballs and seems to spawn darkness around him?

To get 24 you can probably spend the cash on cheaper completions than buying an Aul (which last I checked is 3ex+). I'm wrapping up 36 and all I've had to buy is a hollow fossil and a few other cheap fossils I hadn't found. I got lucky and found a 4s resonator but buying that is also gonna be cheaper than Aul. You can probably also put money towards the breachstones for that challenge or something else too.

e: I also got lucky and found an Aul after a lot of searching, so I didn't have to buy that one. I also am maybe misreading what you're saying - I assumed initially that you were going to buy the Aul kill but it sounds like you're just buying any challenge. If that's the case then feel free to ignore my probably useless advice.

Ledif fucked around with this message at 17:59 on Oct 29, 2018

George
Nov 27, 2004

I was looking at resonators for my 24th challenge and then realized I can get all the unidentified rare maps I needed for a couple dozen chaos.

I may give Shaper a go before calling it quits; this is one of the most powerful characters I've ever played.

Zmej
Nov 6, 2005

Ledif posted:

e: I also got lucky and found an Aul after a lot of searching, so I didn't have to buy that one. I also am maybe misreading what you're saying - I assumed initially that you were going to buy the Aul kill but it sounds like you're just buying any challenge. If that's the case then feel free to ignore my probably useless advice.

lol that's ok. I appreciate knowing how much an Aul kill is. honestly, I'd just like have the experience of doing it and feeling some sense of "hey my builds panned out just fine". I don't wanna jump on the "gently caress ggg and aul spawn rate" but it is annoying at this point and the league has definitely run it's course for my enjoyment.

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

39 perfect posts with each roll.

I'm pushing down past delve 550 and onto 600 with some side trips around 350 and I haven't seen aul yet, so looking for him to be your 24th challenge is going to be rough (i've been stuck on 35 for a bit, still need one more encounter or a killable aul to get that portal).

Ledif
Sep 5, 2012

Zmej posted:

lol that's ok. I appreciate knowing how much an Aul kill is. honestly, I'd just like have the experience of doing it and feeling some sense of "hey my builds panned out just fine". I don't wanna jump on the "gently caress ggg and aul spawn rate" but it is annoying at this point and the league has definitely run it's course for my enjoyment.

I was mostly on board the "spawn rate is bullshit" train but found one after a lot of time moving sideways around depth 375. Of course the mods were something like extra as element, turbo, frenzy on hit, monster HP or something similar so my fairly well equipped character was promptly one shot by any spell or attack with an animation (sword icicles, charging things, I don't know what else I saw when I was attempting it) and was having a hard time leeching enough to even survive auto attacks after being hit a few times. I just got someone with an immune pathfinder build or something to carry it. Kind of disappointing and I'm hoping to find another with mods that seem achievable since I enjoy the boss fights otherwise. I've found close to if not 10 Kurgal and 5 or 6 of the Vaal boss by now too, but just the one Aul.

For what it is worth, the prices I see are usually like 2ex/challenge (so 1/3/5 is 6ex) or 3ex for just the kill maybe? The person that did mine didn't charge me since it was my mine but brought along 2 other people to pay.

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text

Been spamming my enchant fossils on i86 shaper hats trying to get any glacial cascade ones and got this now rip

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

ice nova and vortex changes https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2243666

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh
Hm doubling down on the frostbolt synergy, I see