Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

there's non-quest related forsaken exotics?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Imagine being so entitled that you're displeased with your First Forsaken Exotic lmao

(lmao!)

Empty quote.

xzzy posted:

there's non-quest related forsaken exotics?

No, it's all a big joke that some hackers have taken too seriously which is why these bizarre instruments with bizarre names and bizarre effects sometimes appear in-game. These things were not programmed in by Bungie and cannot be obtained. Frankly, players with them should be banned.

:suicide:

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

You just wish you could hack in some cool poo poo like us mega turbo hackers can.

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

xzzy posted:

Is there a solution for the kill feed bug? Lots of people bitching about it in google searches but nothing that seems to fix it. I tried a hard reset of ye olde Xbox and it didn't work. Titan gets kill messages, hunter doesn't.

It fucks super gen too because you get no medals. :downs:

All I've ever had to do is restart the game.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

PathAsc posted:

gently caress you these motes are mine and so is one of yours.

god drat tether is so loving garbage

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Maker Of Shoes posted:

god drat tether is so loving garbage

His placement left much to be desired. Dude knew what part of the room I was in and whiffed.

I need to send him a thank you note.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
I’ve gotten Geomag Stabilizers, the Warlock grenade gloves, shards of Gallarhorn, Twin-Tailed fox and 1K voices... maybe you guys should just play more :shrug:

That solo Argos thing is utterly absurd, I can’t wrap my head around wanting to do that but hey o don’t get speedrunning either, it’s probably the same kind of brain worm.

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

This game sure wants me to know how cool cade, ikora, that blue guy and hawthorne are

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

poo poo, I've got like 1500 hours in this game.

They really need to lean hard into zavala being cool because he's pretty terrible still after all that time to me

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

Nihilarian posted:

This game sure wants me to know how cool cade, ikora, that blue guy and hawthorne are

You're like a little baby guardian but you've saved the galaxy like 10 times over at this point and way more deserving of respect than any of them.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Rubellavator posted:

You're like a little baby guardian but you've saved the galaxy like 10 times over at this point and way more deserving of respect than any of them.

I think you'll find that management is the key to success, guardian.

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

Bust Rodd posted:

I’ve gotten Geomag Stabilizers, the Warlock grenade gloves, shards of Gallarhorn, Twin-Tailed fox and 1K voices... maybe you guys should just play more :shrug:

That solo Argos thing is utterly absurd, I can’t wrap my head around wanting to do that but hey o don’t get speedrunning either, it’s probably the same kind of brain worm.

I've definitely played more hours than you (I have no life) and still only have one new exotic, and the lovely bow arms at that

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

PathAsc posted:

poo poo, I've got like 1500 hours in this game.

They really need to lean hard into zavala being cool because he's pretty terrible still after all that time to me

well Cayde is dead and Ikora is even more boring than Zavala so he’s technically the best vanguard

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

Bust Rodd posted:

This reminds me of around D2 launch when cunts were pouring into here all, "I'm an ol' vet of D1, man, I played the gently caress out the game. I probably clocked 500 hours or more of play!"

Differo Cathedra
Oct 9, 2012

To be honest it was 4AM when I started making the gif and even I don't know what it's supposed to be about by the time I finished it an hour and a few GIS searches later :effort:

After forsaken, I'm 100% percent certain that Zavala is going to be revealed as an agent of the "Darkness" responsible for the Red War. I mean he could just be amazingly incompetent and think that ignoring a group of dangerous escapees that want to bring harm to guardians and their allies is a smart move or he could be actively trying to be the biggest, most useless dick imaginable.

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

I feel like dead center is probably not the best place to put the part of your shield that breaks and staggers you when shot

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

well Cayde is dead and Ikora is even more boring than Zavala so he’s technically the best vanguard

At least Ikora is willing to do something other than camp like a baby bitch in the tower.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

Menstrual Show
Jun 3, 2004

I wish bungie did just a little more hand holding for the objective-based games to force people to learn what the gently caress is going on.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Menstrual Show posted:

I wish bungie did just a little more hand holding for the objective-based games to force people to learn what the gently caress is going on.

The suggestion to have a "Kill Primeval Envoys" bounty was very good

Also, Gambit really does have a pretty high skill ceiling. Your typical pubby doesn't know how to trigger Heroic blight or kill the Corrupted boss, so I'm not surprised they struggle.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
Even something as simple as Blocker Damage displayed at the round end would go a long way towards acknowledging that the Good at Pvp Guy who also keeps the platform clear so your dumb rear end can drop 15 motes without dying would be good.

because apparently 14 guardians downed and 66% primeval healed in a close match isn’t something that registers in a skyboxer’s smooth brain as Helpful.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
Like, if you’re playing solo and you see your blueberries holding more that 10 motes before the first invasion threshold, you’re gonna lose bigly unless you switch to playing strictly blocker defense and gadfly invader

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Once I finished Malfeasance, I exclusively focus on invading//counter-invasion and Primeval DPS and my enjoyment of gambit has dramatically improved but I still lose lots because pubs are so badly badly badly bad at this mode.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

Menstrual Show posted:

I get this sentiment and also share it, but I also feel like... if you're in a competitive activity wherein other people are counting on you but you don't give enough a drat to know what you're doing, you're a dumb bitch and having your hand held ain't gonna help.

I mean, even a search into Gambit so cursory that you only ever reach the announce trailer will provide more insight into how to play than pubs exhibit in-game.

https://youtu.be/TSBdw668c4I

Bungie unequivocally should do better on this tho and should add to the directory when you choose an activity and have the option to launch, another option for a short video tutorial on what the activity is.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

because apparently 14 guardians downed and 66% primeval healed in a close match isn’t something that registers in a skyboxer’s smooth brain as Helpful.

this is me while solo q'ing but at 110 decibels.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

They need additional Drifter voice clips that trigger when someone is doing something stupid.

"You're carrying 13 motes and they are two motes away from an invasion you idiot. You should clear blockers and deposit them."

Also bungie should stop putting in bounties that require depositing 15 motes which is probably the single greatest reason that people lose motes.

Mikey-San
Nov 3, 2005

I'm Edith Head!
The Wardcliff MW is silly. It doesn’t just follow dudes around corners, it’s better at finding targets at distances and when spread out. Picking up power means getting a team wipe 69% of the time.

ElNarez
Nov 4, 2009
holy loving poo poo one thousand voices is the new sleeper in gambit

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

^^ lol good timing

drifter at the end of this first one is pretty lol

https://twitter.com/ilovemydeadgay1/status/1056407725868048384

https://twitter.com/ilovemydeadgay1/status/1056407949759922176

https://twitter.com/ilovemydeadgay1/status/1056408351632957441

https://twitter.com/ilovemydeadgay1/status/1056408924159647744

actionjackson fucked around with this message at 06:00 on Oct 28, 2018

The Meat Dimension
Mar 29, 2010

Gravy Boat 2k

Mikey-San posted:

The Wardcliff MW is silly. It doesn’t just follow dudes around corners, it’s better at finding targets at distances and when spread out. Picking up power means getting a team wipe 69% of the time.

I'll believe it when I see the results from 420 invades.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

Also not having to slow down to aim, just being able to go full-steam on the enemy team is nice.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

Idc about Redrix and have barely scratched at the quest but I was thinking if it's not Black Armory and there's another 420x Valor weekend coming, I may as well grind at it to get it out of the way.

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

You can either follow me to our bedroom or bend over that control throne because I haven't been this turned on in FOREVER!
Season 4 ends and season 5 starts in December when black armory drops

Redrix and Luna’s quests aren’t going away

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

Legs Benedict posted:

Season 4 ends and season 5 starts in December when black armory drops

Redrix and Luna’s quests aren’t going away

Thanks! :)

Yeah, I knew they weren't going away but I learned shockingly I have two Valor resets this season despite barely playing pvp and figured I should capitalize if I had a chance. Guess I just have to bust rear end come December to knock that part out.

SmallpoxJenkins
Jul 9, 2012

xzzy posted:

They need additional Drifter voice clips that trigger when someone is doing something stupid.

"You're carrying 13 motes and they are two motes away from an invasion you idiot. You should clear blockers and deposit them."

Also bungie should stop putting in bounties that require depositing 15 motes which is probably the single greatest reason that people lose motes.

They already don't listen to him when he says that you have enough for a primeval, what makes you think they'll listen when he calls them out for their stupid poo poo?

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Two things I think would dramatically improve the gambit experience would be:

-Swap Knights and Phalanxes on 5/10 mote deposits, this seems painfully obvious to anyone who plays Gambit regularly IMO. Knights are a useless blocker at 10 and the enemy team spamming 3 Phalanxes immediately leading to a quick invasion is an effortless way to pull miles ahead early on. Knights at 5 and Phalanxes at 10 changes the dynamic there. Maybe swap some health numbers?

-Since summoning a primeval first is in no way a guarantee of winning, make it so the first team to summon a primeval gets some reward, extra loot at the end of the match, extra infamy, literally anything to incentivize getting that primeval our first. Something simple like half a bounties worth of Infamy (so if you summon first twice in a row you get like a full bounties worth)

Basically any change that incentivized playing the game correctly would own bones.

Also I think Bygones is Dogshit compared to my laser accurate Chattering Bone, I love that the guns in this game can feel so varied despite both of them doing the same thing.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

SmallpoxJenkins posted:

They already don't listen to him when he says that you have enough for a primeval, what makes you think they'll listen when he calls them out for their stupid poo poo?

I'd feel 0.04% better.

Mile'ionaha
Nov 2, 2004

Bust Rodd posted:

Also I think Bygones is Dogshit compared to my laser accurate Chattering Bone, I love that the guns in this game can feel so varied despite both of them doing the same thing.

I got the Curated MW Chatterbone, what mod did you put in it?

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

Mile'ionaha posted:

I got the Curated MW Chatterbone, what mod did you put in it?

My Chatty Bones has:
Lightweight Frame
Arrowhead Brake/Full Bore/Small Bore
Outlaw
Rampage
Stability MWK

I put a Counterbalance mod in because i had one lying around and its basically just a kinetic darkest before for me. Really not sure which barrel to use, my concern is there must be a stability breakpoint at which my barrel renders my mod useless due to Masterwork stability. Also Im on PC and i keep hearing stability work different here than on console.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

As a late comer to the game it's really frustrating learning the mechanics of all the different game modes. There's pretty much no in game documentation of anything and half the poo poo I Google ends up being based on what the game was at launch.