Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

You can buy stickers that are supposedly removeable online, if you want to go that extreme with it. Certainly if you use the world map stickers that makes sense. (We haven't bothered putting those on fwiw.)

Not sure what you mean by sticks for multi-use items. Items aren't one time use, you get them back when a scenario ends. (Or I'm wrong and these do exist without me yet seeing them.)

Oh, I just meant like, for 'Steam Armour', where it has five uses (or whatever) before you discard it. I'm not 100% up on all the rules though, so I could be missing something.

And thanks about the sticker tip - I might go without sticking those on too, and see how I fare.

Major Isoor fucked around with this message at 00:25 on Oct 26, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."
The little cardboard character tokens are for multi-use items (and abilities).

Kaza42
Oct 3, 2013

Blood and Souls and all that

Major Isoor posted:

Oh, I just meant like, for Item 104, where it has five uses (or whatever) before you discard it. I'm not 100% up on all the rules though, so I could be missing something.

And thanks about the sticker tip - I might go without sticking those on too, and see how I fare.

You get five uses and then you flip it over. You get the item back after the scenario, or if you have anything that restores consumed items. You don't actually discard it

Also, be sure to spoiler any items not in the initial set

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

Major Isoor posted:

On the topic of all of this discussion regarding preserving/destroying components, is there anything I should watch out for, with regards to keeping everything intact/reusable? Since I'm sleeving all the cards at the moment, and although I plan on using sticks on the sleeves to mark off each time multi-use items are used, etc. is there anything else I need to be mindful of?
I assume I should do something like take a photo of everything that comes out of the class boxes* so that everything can be put back after the campaign, without anything going missing?

* Also, should/can I get it out beforehand, to sleeve any cards that may be in those packs? Or should I just do that when it's initially opened mid-game?

What I did was sleeve everything that was "revealed" before initial play, but leave the sealed envelopes sealed, and then sleeve those contents first thing when the envelopes are opened (which is usually at the end of a session when someone retires anyway).

The multi-use items like Hide Armor, each character gets little tokens you can use to track use of during each play session. You get them back at the start of each scenario (or sometimes more often if they are per-rest)

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

Even when you open an envelope you won't use all the cards in it.

We just sleeve as we go. You're going to want to slowly look at all the new cards anyway.

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

Kaza42 posted:

Also, be sure to spoiler any items not in the initial set

Oops! Sorry about that - looks like I unintentionally spoiled it for myself, too :v:

And alright then, thanks all! I think I'll go over the rules and prioritize sleeving all the initial cards, then slowly work from there.

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

What I did was sleeve everything that was "revealed" before initial play, but leave the sealed envelopes sealed, and then sleeve those contents first thing when the envelopes are opened (which is usually at the end of a session when someone retires anyway).

And this is good to know - I was worried I'd end up having to quickly sleeve another 20 mini-sized cards mid-session or something, if I chose not to sleeve everything prior to starting. Thanks

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS
I still have to sleeve mine. I'm thinking of just doing the attack modifier decks. Nothing else really seems to warrant it. At least for now, we're using the app for monster ability cards and I can't think of anything else that gets shuffled particularly often. Your character's attacks are used a lot but...I can't imagine picking a random card out of a stack of ~10 is going to damage them all that much. What else gets shuffled? Road events and city events I guess but those seem mostly one-time use. Busting the edges on them would not be a huge deal. Battle goals maybe but that's still once/session?

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

We sleeve everything we shove in the envelopes (in-use ability and modifier cards, items, PQs, reference cards), and player curses / blesses / -1s.

The item store is in a business card folder, and the event decks sit in baggies.

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Wait -- I haven't even voted in this game yet!

I sleeved the player modifier decks, the player bless/curse cards, the -1 cards for equipment penalties, battle goals, all the items (this was probably not needed), and all of the character ability cards we actually have access to (this is so that we can put the enhancement stickers on the sleeves rather than the actual cards). I didn't bother with sleeves for the events, monster decks, monster modifier deck, monster bless/curses, etc since I use an app for all of that.

!Klams
Dec 25, 2005

Squid Squad
Alright, so, we bought the game with another couple, going halves each, and only play together, which has worked really well! They initially picked it up, and went to great lengths to sleeve stuff and bag stuff etc, but it's always been a bit of a faff doing all the setup etc, and we've talked in the past about using apps instead. For whatever reason, we've almost always ended up trekking to theirs to play it, but they're finally coming over to ours. As such, we've got a laptop, an amazon fire and a samsung tab that we could use for admin app purposes.

What would you say was the ideal setup for apps to play GH? I've looked at a couple of them, and some look good, but maybe running say, all the monster health stuff, on a phone, doesn't seem great? Helper on the laptop that everyone can see maybe? In a perfect world, which apps would you use, and on what device/s?

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem
I'd go for a tablet propped up so everyone can see it. Probably only one or two people will be close enough to actually manipulate it, but most groups tend to fall into a pattern of having one main "scorekeeper" who handles the monster health and status anyway.

M. Night Skymall
Mar 22, 2012

!Klams posted:

Alright, so, we bought the game with another couple, going halves each, and only play together, which has worked really well! They initially picked it up, and went to great lengths to sleeve stuff and bag stuff etc, but it's always been a bit of a faff doing all the setup etc, and we've talked in the past about using apps instead. For whatever reason, we've almost always ended up trekking to theirs to play it, but they're finally coming over to ours. As such, we've got a laptop, an amazon fire and a samsung tab that we could use for admin app purposes.

What would you say was the ideal setup for apps to play GH? I've looked at a couple of them, and some look good, but maybe running say, all the monster health stuff, on a phone, doesn't seem great? Helper on the laptop that everyone can see maybe? In a perfect world, which apps would you use, and on what device/s?

Gloomhaven Helper running with one phone or tablet as a server and everyone else connected, it's awesome. You need everyone to have an android device though and if more than one person is attempting to update stuff at the same time it's a little janky, but never much of an issue for us.

ObsidianBeast
Jan 17, 2008

SKA SUCKS
We might be weird but I sort of like the analog-ness of using the physical monster trackers and cards. Not saying you shouldn't use apps (it's your game, you should have fun with it), but I feel more engaged in the game if we're all using the physical stuff.

Also, if setup is your problem, I feel like deciding the scenario ahead of time and setting up the map tiles/monster stats/cards and the first room goes a long way to getting going quickly when everyone arrives.

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

ObsidianBeast posted:

We might be weird but I sort of like the analog-ness of using the physical monster trackers and cards. Not saying you shouldn't use apps (it's your game, you should have fun with it), but I feel more engaged in the game if we're all using the physical stuff.

Also, if setup is your problem, I feel like deciding the scenario ahead of time and setting up the map tiles/monster stats/cards and the first room goes a long way to getting going quickly when everyone arrives.

Yeah, we use the broken token organizer and I set up before the session, and I've found that for my group at least it goes faster without an app just because of the time it takes plugging everything in. We divide tasks though -- one does the damage sheets, one does the elements, one does the monster ai cards, one does the monster movement.

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord

M. Night Skymall posted:

Gloomhaven Helper running with one phone or tablet as a server and everyone else connected, it's awesome. You need everyone to have an android device though and if more than one person is attempting to update stuff at the same time it's a little janky, but never much of an issue for us.
Yes, this - Gloomhaven Helper for basically everything.

It's so good one of my players bought a cheapo android tablet to join in.

I use the Gloomhaven Campaign Tracker for keeping notes of unlocks, and a web app scenario tree.

We were using the Scenario Viewer to stay un-spoiled but ehhh. The book is fine.

!Klams
Dec 25, 2005

Squid Squad

ObsidianBeast posted:

Yeah, this is honestly why we haven't really done that in the past, engaging with it is fun. We do tend to have one or maybe two scorekeepers, and all that good stuff, but because the box is at theirs, and they have tended to hang on to it, they've been able to set up in advance, so, no issues. It's more for coming to ours where we know we're going to have to set up every game, and we tend to do a full day of it playing 3 or 4, the set up / tear down of all those could easily equal another game!

I didn't realise you could link GH helper like that, that's really neat. I'll set it up on my tab then and keep score and let people join on their phones if they want. Isn't there an app though that does the setup, gradually revealing rooms as you do, such that no one has to have it spoiled? And, an app that tracks which quests you've done?

Edit:

dwarf74 posted:

I use the Gloomhaven Campaign Tracker for keeping notes of unlocks, and a web app scenario tree.

We were using the Scenario Viewer to stay un-spoiled but ehhh. The book is fine.

Ok, essentially this, cool thanks!

Numinous
May 20, 2001

College Slice

dwarf74 posted:

This is my groups exact setup. Helper on andoid tablets - couple of fire tablets for cheap android goodness work great! GCT on an ipad along with the Gloomhaven scenario tree just running on a tab in safari:

https://dmungin.github.io/gloomhaven-scenario-tree-ng/

The ipad we had, I had a free fire tab from work and we picked up a second when they were on sale back in July so our overall cost was pretty low.

Numinous fucked around with this message at 01:14 on Oct 27, 2018

Kaza42
Oct 3, 2013

Blood and Souls and all that
Finished painting Three Spears Three Spears

Eyes came out a bit uneven, but I like the way the potions look in person. And the armor worked out pretty well, for some reason I like models with a lot of steel coloring

!Klams
Dec 25, 2005

Squid Squad
We started our first session with having unlocked a class (three spears) and finished the final game of the session with the other three of us completing our retirement criteria simultaneously! Felt incredibly climactic as it was an incredibly tough mission too! Mission number 60.

I'm sad to abandon my mind thief now. At level 7 I was getting blessed on my first two turns, then through a combo of items, unlocks and enchantments, sprinting 6, applying 5 status effects and attacking for 4, and then attacking for 15 and usually critting. Good times!

I've finally unlocked my lightning bolts, anyone got any hot chat? Good tips? Our comp will be me, three spears, music note and scoundrel. There's a reddit guide, but most of what it says sounds super min maxy, and less fun.

!Klams fucked around with this message at 12:10 on Oct 28, 2018

Miftan
Mar 31, 2012

Terry knows what he can do with his bloody chocolate orange...

Your lightning bolts build heavily depends on your team, if you're coming off of Mindthief you might enjoy playing it as a squishy damage dealer who hangs out at under half health. It's a high damage high risk build like Mindthief, just make sure you itemise appropriately! Invis cape, a health potion, etc.

!Klams
Dec 25, 2005

Squid Squad

Miftan posted:

Your lightning bolts build heavily depends on your team, if you're coming off of Mindthief you might enjoy playing it as a squishy damage dealer who hangs out at under half health. It's a high damage high risk build like Mindthief, just make sure you itemise appropriately! Invis cape, a health potion, etc.

Thanks, yeah, this was my initial read, (contains potential but EXTREMELY light three spears spoilers and heavy lightning bolt spoilers) being able to delete something on a whim seems very much my poo poo, especially as it's very much high risk high reward. From the cards I've seen it's possible to do 50 damage in one go if the stars align, which is awesome as poo poo. All I was thinking is, we have a scoundrel now, who I'd assumed was the assassin type, and don't really have a tank anymore (unless three spears can be?) Do I not kind of have to build sorta tanky? Does that just come out in the wash anyway with me having to take self heals? Like I get that I can build for maximum damage, which lets be honest I'm often do, but, with the mind thief you incidentally have a bunch of cc stuff. Is it the case I'll incidentally be able to tank a bit? I really can't tell from just reading the cards how it will play?

Miftan
Mar 31, 2012

Terry knows what he can do with his bloody chocolate orange...

Lightning bolts+three spears: doesn't really have cc, just high damage potential, some more stuff to keep her alive once she gets low, and self heals. I liked health potions on her since it let me play around with my totals. A nudge here and there. Invis cape is good if you're playing the half health build, as is the Horned helm since she's got very good mobility, but no jumps. Get winged shoes or some enchants. For weapons, get whatever you like for amplifying damage. You've got some ways to wound early on, so that's not necessary. You can also generate enough elements on your own. I recommend some shield busting items if you have access to them.

Three spears can be built tanky and some other ways. When I played lightning bolts I was the only person on my team with decent health totals so I couldn't play on half health all the time. My team really hated soaking damage and I came off a defensive brute build as well which didn't help. If your three spears wants to try out so tanky items and his refreshing cards I highly recommend you play a fast and hard lightning bolts because that's how she's meant to be played. :

SynthesisAlpha
Jun 19, 2007
Cyber-Monocle sporting Space Billionaire
Lightning bolts, music note, three Spears Music Note is going to be your best friend, keeping you alive with songs or stuns/disarms. You have the privelage of playing recklessly as long as you can coordinate your music buddy saving your butt by disabling things.

Three Spears can also play support by refreshing your potions and just letting berserker's crazy high damage ceiling carry everything. I currently play a strong support class and just let my wife axe everything to death and it works super well.

Above all just remember to play how you want and have fun. It's no fun building a character in a way you didn't want because you felt obligated to for success. You can always lower the difficulty if sub-optimal synergy causes too many failures.

Direwolf
Aug 16, 2004
Fwar
Last in my group to retire first character - unlocked Angry Face, kind of disappointed because I had the "dragonslayer" personal quest and was kind of hoping for a strong melee/berzerker "dragonslayer" type, not a ranger, but oh well. I can see with the Doom mechanic that Angry Face is clearly strong against elites/single target things, but what do you do against large groups? Other than taking the +target pullthrough perks and hoping you draw it. Starting at level 4. Also not liking having my moves on my attack cards, especially coming from a very very mobile Mindthief, but I'm sure it works :). Are Comfortable Shoes good or is the +2 move shoe better? I assume the summons aren't worth it, but one of our other characters is the Summoner so the +summoned damage Doom seems worth it.

Also, my new personal quest unlocks envelope X after doing 4 in gloomhaven scenarios. I think it'll be a long ways off as we've completed all of the early Gloomhaven scenarios other than Demon Lord Invasion 35/36, and the other ones seem disconnected from our current quests, but does X eventually lead to another class, or will I need to swap to one of the starting classes to do something new? If it does i don't need to know which class, just curious.

Poopy Palpy
Jun 10, 2000

Im da fwiggin Poopy Palpy XD

Direwolf posted:

Also, my new personal quest unlocks envelope X after doing 4 in gloomhaven scenarios.... does X eventually lead to another class?

Yes... potentially...
If you find all the "clues" before you finish the game, which due to the nature of some of them you might never get the opportunity to.
And then if you figure out what to do with what you've found, which is criminally obtuse.
I very strongly suggest checking out this thread. It starts out very high level and only gets specific if you want it to. It will probably save you some frustration.
https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1964443/complete-primer-envelope-x-major-spoilers

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

Direwolf posted:

Last in my group to retire first character - unlocked Angry Face, kind of disappointed because I had the "dragonslayer" personal quest and was kind of hoping for a strong melee/berzerker "dragonslayer" type, not a ranger, but oh well. I can see with the Doom mechanic that Angry Face is clearly strong against elites/single target things, but what do you do against large groups? Other than taking the +target pullthrough perks and hoping you draw it. Starting at level 4. Also not liking having my moves on my attack cards, especially coming from a very very mobile Mindthief, but I'm sure it works :). Are Comfortable Shoes good or is the +2 move shoe better? I assume the summons aren't worth it, but one of our other characters is the Summoner so the +summoned damage Doom seems worth it.
Re: Angry Face against large groups you will be using some combination of the top of Multi-Pronged Assault (it's a loss but the bottom is situational and you have a stupidly large hand size), the bottom/doom on Detonation, or either half of Darkened Skies (depending on the situation). Or you could just nuke things one by one anyway.

As for moving you've got a few options (which can be combined). One is to put +range on a bunch of cards to increase them to 5. This is quite cheap and means you can just do huge moves every so often (especially with the +2 move boots and the teleport doom). At levels 4 you can pick up a move 5 with jump (Flight of Flame), and at level 5 you can pick up a bottom move 3 + attack (Wild Command) which should be enough to solve any movement problems

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!

Doctor Spaceman posted:

Re: Angry Face against large groups you will be using some combination of the top of Multi-Pronged Assault (it's a loss but the bottom is situational and you have a stupidly large hand size), the bottom/doom on Detonation, or either half of Darkened Skies (depending on the situation). Or you could just nuke things one by one anyway.

As for moving you've got a few options (which can be combined). One is to put +range on a bunch of cards to increase them to 5. This is quite cheap and means you can just do huge moves every so often (especially with the +2 move boots and the teleport doom). At levels 4 you can pick up a move 5 with jump (Flight of Flame), and at level 5 you can pick up a bottom move 3 + attack (Wild Command) which should be enough to solve any movement problems

ANgry Face: by far your most efficient way of dealing with crowds is one at a time. You have probably the highest reliable single target damage in the game and definbitely the best range. Just kite them to death.

Direwolf
Aug 16, 2004
Fwar
Thanks for the feedback, everyone! And oh my god, thank you for that link for the personal quest, I didn't spoil too much but i'm really glad I have the outline now of what's in store. I don't have to complete the whole envelope X insanity to retire, correct? So does that mean that I switch characters, and THEN start going through the Envelope stuff? So the potentially unlocked character is... not what i would be playing, when I unlock it?

SynthesisAlpha
Jun 19, 2007
Angry Face and prosperity 4: pff, flight of flame into a huge group then boost the range with hawk helmet and chug a power potion and Darkened Skies like a boss. Don't ever worry about blowing loss card unless you've had to burn a couple to survive. 12 card hand is just insane longevity and unlike the tinkerer you're actually super strong even without blowing your losses. You just do so to go from awesome to absurdly unfair.

Alternatel, Detonation is a good Doom, and the one that boosts ally damage can help if you drop your doomed Target and still have a bottom action. I also find it necessary to make the rest of the group not hate me for being so powerful. Look I'm helping you! Go get 'em, tiger!

Properity 5 (I think?) Ring of haste is a must have, it lets you move and Doom the same turn. I use cloak of pockets because gently caress armor more potions and rings

SynthesisAlpha fucked around with this message at 19:07 on Oct 29, 2018

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

SynthesisAlpha posted:

Angry Face and prosperity 2: pff, flight of flame into a huge group then boost the range with hawk helmet and chug a power potion and Darkened Skies like a boss. Don't ever worry about blowing loss card unless you've had to burn a couple to survive. 12 card hand is just insane longevity and unlike the tinkerer you're actually super strong even without blowing your losses. You just do so to go from awesome to absurdly unfair.

Alternatel, Detonation is a good Doom, and the one that boosts ally damage can help if you drop your doomed Target and still have a bottom action. I also find it necessary to make the rest of the group not hate me for being so powerful. Look I'm helping you! Go get 'em, tiger!

Properity 5 (I think?) Ring of haste is a must have, it lets you move and Doom the same turn. I use cloak of pockets because gently caress armor more potions and rings

Hawk Helm is prosperity 4.

KingKapalone
Dec 20, 2005
1/16 Native American + 1/2 Hungarian = Totally Badass
My group has been Triforce, Eclipse, Two Mini, and Three Spears for about 4 or 5 scenarios now and wow is it easy mode. We should be level 4 but we played the last one at level 7 which is the highest difficulty.

Eclipse and Triforce combo so well and execute everything. Can scoop up the cards again no problem too. Triforce has 10 items.

My Two Mini doesn't even really need to do much. I'm doing the active build so I try to get over and disarm mainly to keep the bear alive. The bear is hard to use since Triforce can also hit stuff pretty hard so getting the bear next to a guy for multiple attacks usually isn't needed.

Three Spears is ridiculous with his mobility and loot card. He gets a minimum of 10 coins and supports the other two guys mainly by getting their stamina potions back for their combos.

The first two guys will retire together in two scenarios so we'll crash back down to reality.

SynthesisAlpha
Jun 19, 2007
And I try so hard to keep my spoilers straight. Should have looked it up.

Direwolf
Aug 16, 2004
Fwar

SynthesisAlpha posted:

Angry Face and prosperity 4: pff, flight of flame into a huge group then boost the range with hawk helmet and chug a power potion and Darkened Skies like a boss. Don't ever worry about blowing loss card unless you've had to burn a couple to survive. 12 card hand is just insane longevity and unlike the tinkerer you're actually super strong even without blowing your losses. You just do so to go from awesome to absurdly unfair.

Do you not take the +2 damage on Doomed targets attack at 3? Darkened Skies seems good but I was considering taking it at 4 rather than skip the top attack on 3.

SynthesisAlpha
Jun 19, 2007
I took both level 3s and skipped level 5. No regrets!

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost

SynthesisAlpha posted:

I took both level 3s and skipped level 5. No regrets!

Same here. Both level 3s are excellent.

PROTIP: Enhance Fresh Kill with Wound :hellyeah:

SynthesisAlpha
Jun 19, 2007
Re:wound on angry face cards basically nothing is going to survive a fresh kill hit + Doom + another 4-5 damage hit. Cheaper to add +1 damage and you don't run the risk of a heal washing off the wound. Either that or I'd add poison if I'm spending 75g because then allies want to take it down and it negates heals and my next hit gets the +1 anyway making it the same damage as a wound.

Honestly wound is only worth putting on stuns or aoe attacks. Most of the time once you hit something, the party targets it because dead is the best status effect and things rarely see 2+ rounds with active wounds. Especially with how hard doomstalker hits single targets.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost

SynthesisAlpha posted:

Re:wound on angry face cards basically nothing is going to survive a fresh kill hit + Doom + another 4-5 damage hit. Cheaper to add +1 damage and you don't run the risk of a heal washing off the wound. Either that or I'd add poison if I'm spending 75g because then allies want to take it down and it negates heals and my next hit gets the +1 anyway making it the same damage as a wound.

Honestly wound is only worth putting on stuns or aoe attacks. Most of the time once you hit something, the party targets it because dead is the best status effect and things rarely see 2+ rounds with active wounds. Especially with how hard doomstalker hits single targets.

Elite Earth Demons, elite Steel Golems, and any elites with any kind of shield beg to differ. Especially if Race to the Grave is in your discard pile. Plus it works with Volatile Bomb on groups :laugh:

SynthesisAlpha
Jun 19, 2007

Elephant Ambush posted:

Elite Earth Demons, elite Steel Golems, and any elites with any kind of shield beg to differ. Especially if Race to the Grave is in your discard pile. Plus it works with Volatile Bomb on groups :laugh:

Valid points, we haven't really played for like 6 weeks so I'm getting my fix from the thread while also forgetting too much about the dynamics of the game.

Direwolf
Aug 16, 2004
Fwar
Yeah, enhancing is one of those things where it feels very cool and unique but it costs so much gold to do things, especially on higher level cards, that I sometimes forget it's in the game? I figure I'll throw +damage or +range on the level 1 attack cards that I won't replace but I wish things like immobilize etc were accessible, or that enhancing a higher level card was economical.

Edit: Yeah I had thought I was including more class specific info for spoilers but I guess I didn't, good job me.

Direwolf fucked around with this message at 21:32 on Oct 29, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Morbid Hound

SynthesisAlpha posted:

Valid points, we haven't really played for like [a] week so I'm getting my fix from the thread

same!

Direwolf posted:

Yeah, enhancing is one of those things where it feels very cool and unique but it costs so much gold to do things, especially on higher level cards, that I sometimes forget it's in the game?

Does enhancement chat need to be spoiled? It's all in the manual!

enhancement chat:

Most classes seem to have at least one enhancement that's just "ok, this makes the class sing, like putting "generate any element" on Spellweaver's Reviving Ether.

Past that though I feel like putting Jump on Move 4's and 5's and +1 Move on any Move 2's or 3's are probably the best value for money you generally see.