Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is YISUN?
Mother
A lie we tell ourselves to have a purpose
Bliss
A paradox with no solution
Father
A strong female protagonist
The weakest thing there is and the smallest crawling thing
Creator
Everything in this miserable and hellish existence
A solution with no paradoxes
View Results

LtSmash
Dec 18, 2005

Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud we have become, and how blind.

-Sister Miriam Godwinson,
"We Must Dissent"

Calef posted:

I read it as “Do not accidentally atomize them with the power stored in your literal godhead.”—as if spoken to herself

This was my take as well. We've seen her total lack of restraint when she's full of power and lost her cool. I figure she's learning to fight with an appropriate amount of power for the situation instead of the flail helplessly or cleave a hole in the cosmos thing she had been doing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
johnny jesus and the infield fly rule
https://twitter.com/Orbitaldropkick/status/1056377038276358144

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

lmao alison that's just unfair

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

Boy that's an uncomfortable final panel to look at.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
:sbahj:

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib
Reasons Allison is going to lose her eye:

knives?

AriadneThread
Feb 17, 2011

The Devil sounds like smoke and honey. We cannot move. It is too beautiful.

eye can't watch

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT
lol reminds me of that one superman movie where doctors are trying to insert an IV and the needle just loving crumples like it was a plastic straw

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

A contract signed by a minor is not binding!
at some point you have to ask yourself: what am i willing to put up with to be a gangster?

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

The pinnacle of cloud computing.

I just woke up cause I had a bad dream about being stuck in a shipping container with bees. I have a bee phobia.

Knife to the eye is even worse.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Kai Tave posted:

Reasons Allison is going to lose her eye:

knives?

Untreated eye infection caused by swamp water.

Alternatively she simply wears an eyepatch that's basically a single eyed google glass with retro styling and her eye is perfectly fine.

Dirt Road Junglist
Oct 8, 2010

We will be cruel
And through our cruelty
They will know who we are
I once nearly put out my left eye putting on a bath robe.

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

Cheaters never prosper.

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

Allison will wear an eyepatch to maintain her night vision.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

The comments section, which continues to be unreasonably good posted:

Is it not said that the eyes are the windows of the soul?

One must be wary with the eyes of a budding King.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
It's a magical eye patch that actually grants improved vision.

Source: some dungeons and dragons book, probably.

If you can can move suns, turn people into meat fruit trees, shed your entire body like a snake to become younger, etc then I'm pretty sure royalty can regrow an eye if they really wanted to. Or stuff a magical glowing ruby or something into the socket that does the same job.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Ouch a corneal scratch!

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
she didnt have an eyepatch tho

e: also im p sure the 7 dread kings of creation are all abjectly devoid of royalty in their own hosed up ways

id say mottom is probably closest rn, which is interesting to me. i wonder shell be a tiny old lady (but just as fearsome) by the time we see her again, thats the best version of mottom by far

Tollymain fucked around with this message at 08:04 on Oct 28, 2018

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Turns out divinity is just a bunch of cheat codes.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

What if she can only delay injuries, and this is how she loses her eye.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

MikeJF posted:

What if she can only delay injuries, and this is how she loses her eye.

I mean she just had her throat slashed open and seems to be getting over it pretty well.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

I meant for like a few hours or days, so she goes home and they wrap up her neck and get ready for it to pop open but they can't save her eye.

Granny Weatherwax style. Gotta pay eventually.

MikeJF fucked around with this message at 11:33 on Oct 28, 2018

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
I'm imagining someone eating like a million blocks of chocolate in a frenzy without gaining any weight / diabetes, then five hundred years later turning into a bouncy human beach ball like out of a Willy Wonka movie.

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

Hardly seems fair to the goblin gang... But then that explains why she's intentionally taking them all on at once - when you're this powerful and invulnerable, to gain real combat experience, you NEED to take on overwhelming threats.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
I mean, there's a non-zero possibility she's just winking in that panel.

Also,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C2gQo-0VW5c

Boron_the_Moron
Apr 28, 2013
I imagine White Chain is going to have some very choice words for Alice, about not relying on her Key so much in case it becomes a crutch.

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

I certainly dont have deep-seated issues involving birthdays.

Rotten Red Rod posted:

Hardly seems fair to the goblin gang... But then that explains why she's intentionally taking them all on at once - when you're this powerful and invulnerable, to gain real combat experience, you NEED to take on overwhelming threats.

I dunno dude she didn't exactly laugh off that hit to the throat. Just because she has godmagix dosn't mean her kung-fu has caught up.

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

Motherfucker posted:

I dunno dude she didn't exactly laugh off that hit to the throat. Just because she has godmagix dosn't mean her kung-fu has caught up.

That's what I mean. She's trying to catch her Kung Fu up, and since she has Magical Bullshit in her head, she needs to take on insane threats like an entire gang to actually get better. Still, seems unfair that they (practically) got 2 killing blows on her and it just doesn't matter - maybe she needs harder threats. She's still sloppy, like goblin girl says.

But I guess this is what she wants - someone who can best her so she can learn from it.

M. Propagandalf
Aug 9, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Decent tutorial run, I guess. She should hit another den of sin and get 100% flawless before taking on SD. Assuming there's time left before the tournament.

Rhaka
Feb 15, 2008

Practice knighthood and learn
the art that dignifies you

https://youtu.be/DvVjkqB3LH0

Poltergrift
Feb 16, 2014

"When I grow up, I'm gonna be a proper swordsman. One with clothes."
Every time Allison receives what should have been a lethal wound, she adds ten reps to her other workout routines.

Drunk Theory
Aug 20, 2016

Oven Wrangler

Poltergrift posted:

Every time Allison receives what should have been a lethal wound, she adds ten reps to her other workout routines.

That's a lot more pullups on random shrines.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
She did drop out of college, so she has degreelessness mode on.

Dr Subterfuge
Aug 31, 2005

TIME TO ROC N' ROLL
She has a degree. She just never followed through on going back for a law degree like she planned.

Kei Technical
Sep 20, 2011

Dr Subterfuge posted:

She has a degree. She just never followed through on going back for a law degree like she planned.

The arc where she does is going to be amazing

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

CMS posted:

The arc where she does is going to be amazing

I don't see how, by the time she gets around to that her word will be the ultimate law.

Gnome de plume
Sep 5, 2006

Hell.
Fucking.
Yes.
The knife isnt the real concern, it's the shards that might get into the socket because that can get really irritating.

Tuxedo Ted
Apr 24, 2007

Dr Subterfuge posted:

I feel like she's gonna go for Sword Law instead

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Drunk Theory posted:

That's a lot more pullups on random shrines.

100 is enough to give you infinite strength.