Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
i mean im not a madman i will obviously be playing this on a PC, i just also have the bone version preordered

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spacedad
Sep 11, 2001

We go play orbital catch around the curvature of the earth, son.

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

i mean im not a madman i will obviously be playing this on a PC, i just also have the bone version preordered

Cool beans, then whenever crossplay kicks in you'll have 2 platforms you can play with us on.

Even with crossplay I dunno if I would ever double-dip for my PS4 Pro on this tho, and I rather doubt nintendo switch will get a port.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

I imagine for leveling the charisma +%XP perk will be very valuable. I wonder if it has a range, or just by having a guy in the team with it everyone benefict. And if it affect killing mobs, quests or both.

Then every team will need a guy with lockpicking.

Lol about the game using the same hacking minigame. Considering there are tools online to solve them:

http://hackfallout.analogbit.com/

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

Spacedad posted:

-Multiple players can use a crafting station at once but only one will actually go through the animation of using the station.

You sure? Previously multiple people could use a workbench for scrapping, but only one could use it for crafting.

Spacedad
Sep 11, 2001

Rinkles posted:

You sure? Previously multiple people could use a workbench for scrapping, but only one could use it for crafting.

I kept seeing exactly what I described happening. But it seemed to work sometimes and sometimes not. One dude kept using a crafting station his buddy was parked at from a ledge below the station.

Maybe it works with certain crafting stations and not others?

edit: Actually now that I think about it, I think what you described is what happened - they were scrapping, but only his buddy was crafting.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

E: you edited

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

Fallout Survive

Spacedad
Sep 11, 2001

There's no room for fuzzy memories out here in the wasteland.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

IDK why they bother with that kind of restriction (the workbench thing), and I expect it'll be removed in one of the first patches.

Lunatic Sledge
Jun 8, 2013

choose your own horror isekai sci-fi Souls-like urban fantasy gamer simulator adventure

or don't?

Rinkles posted:

IDK why they bother with that kind of restriction (the workbench thing), and I expect it'll be removed in one of the first patches.

last time I saw it come up in beta gameplay, there was a similar issue with vendors--if one dude is buying stuff from a robot, nobody else gets to

it might be to prevent some kind of weirdness with vendor stock? but it has massive griefing potential

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock
There are more workbenches in the world than the max number of players on a server, so just go find a different one. I guess a dedicated griefer could single out a player, though, and use their bench ahead of them everywhere.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
I'm gonna be the guy jumping infront of you while you are shooting to get you flagged for pvp.

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock

Tenzarin posted:

I'm gonna be the guy jumping infront of you while you are shooting to get you flagged for pvp.

That's what pacifist mode is for, apparently - makes it so your weapons don't damage other players at all. Other people can still hurt you though, which is stupid.

Fair Bear Maiden
Jun 17, 2013
They apparently added a ton of holotapes with the founder of the Brotherhood of Steel (was taking a look at a video from the BETA last night). I won't really say anything more about it, I figure goons will want to judge the quality and content of the writing by themselves.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

i remember in 4 you could virtually seal off areas by making a conga line of power armor frames, since they act as static objects once you exit them. curious of the griefing implications, unless they changed how that works.

Fair Bear Maiden
Jun 17, 2013
Supposedly, only one power armor frame is tied to the player, the rest can easily be stolen.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.
The hacking minigame have been broken since follow three, because you can exit and keep trying indefinitely.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Golden Bee posted:

The hacking minigame have been broken since follow three, because you can exit and keep trying indefinitely.

the hacking skill is the real gate. the minigame is just window dressing.

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks
I hate the hacking mini game so much.

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

IF IM NOT BITCHING ABOUT HOW SHITTY MY LIFE IS, REPORT ME FOR MY ACCOUNT HAS BEEN HIJACKED

Fair Bear Maiden posted:

They apparently added a ton of holotapes with the founder of the Brotherhood of Steel (was taking a look at a video from the BETA last night). I won't really say anything more about it, I figure goons will want to judge the quality and content of the writing by themselves.

Wow they are really good

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Entropic posted:

I hate the hacking mini game so much.
Yeah that has been far and away the worst gameplay element of the last several FO games

KaiserSchnitzel
Feb 23, 2003

Hey baby I think we Havel lot in common
As an interesting experiment, I went to YouTube and entered in the search terms "Fallout 76 garbage."

I thought I'd seen just about every nerdrage Fallout 76 video of the last 4 months - boy, was I wrong.

But I couldn't find the one I was looking for - perhaps you've seen this one. It was a complaint about B.E.T.A. based on the premise that:

BETHESDA IS A GARBAGE COMPANY THAT KNOWS RDR2 IS GOING TO BE A FAR SUPERIOR GAME THAT WILL WIPE THE FLOOR WITH FO76 AND THAT BETHESDA WILL NOT BE WIPING B.E.T.A. PROGRESS FOR PLAYERS THAT PARTICIPATED IN THE B.E.T.A. AND THUS THOSE PLAYERS WILL HAVE AN ADVANTAGE OVER PLAYERS THAT DID NOT PARTICIPATE IN THE B.E.T.A.

I was watching a bit of that video at work a few days ago and now I can't find it - I thought that the premise was so ridiculous that I wanted to watch the rest of it. I don't even remember how he tied Bethesda's "fear of RDR2" into the "garbage business practice" of "not erasing beta progress," but I really want to get to the bottom of that rabbit hole.

Edit:

Here it is: The proper search terms are Fallout 76 SCUMBAG, not Fallout 76 GARBAGE.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FqYrjal4mEU

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

KaiserSchnitzel posted:

As an interesting experiment, I went to YouTube and entered in the search terms "Fallout 76 garbage."

I thought I'd seen just about every nerdrage Fallout 76 video of the last 4 months - boy, was I wrong.

But I couldn't find the one I was looking for - perhaps you've seen this one. It was a complaint about B.E.T.A. based on the premise that:

BETHESDA IS A GARBAGE COMPANY THAT KNOWS RDR2 IS GOING TO BE A FAR SUPERIOR GAME THAT WILL WIPE THE FLOOR WITH FO76 AND THAT BETHESDA WILL NOT BE WIPING B.E.T.A. PROGRESS FOR PLAYERS THAT PARTICIPATED IN THE B.E.T.A. AND THUS THOSE PLAYERS WILL HAVE AN ADVANTAGE OVER PLAYERS THAT DID NOT PARTICIPATE IN THE B.E.T.A.

I was watching a bit of that video at work a few days ago and now I can't find it - I thought that the premise was so ridiculous that I wanted to watch the rest of it. I don't even remember how he tied Bethesda's "fear of RDR2" into the "garbage business practice" of "not erasing beta progress," but I really want to get to the bottom of that rabbit hole.

Edit:

Here it is: The proper search terms are Fallout 76 SCUMBAG, not Fallout 76 GARBAGE.

This is this thread.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

KaiserSchnitzel posted:

Edit:

okay.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
ok now do a search for FALLOUT 76 SEXY and write another essay on what you find there

Siljmonster
Dec 16, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

KaiserSchnitzel posted:

Edit:

yeah coulda saved your time and just read the thread instead

KaiserSchnitzel
Feb 23, 2003

CharlestonJew posted:

ok now do a search for FALLOUT 76 SEXY and write another essay on what you find there

Sorry, your anime mods won't be around until the "private servers" are enabled

Bonby
Jan 13, 2008

Annoying Dog
I won't lie, I still think the game looks fun to me. I understand that people are mad, but I can't help but be excited for it

I've always found Fallout 4's rpg element to be super lacking but the action itself to be pretty fun. And though I understand my opinion can be seen as stupid as hell, I think a Fallout game focussing more on the action and player interactions could function and be fun.

I'm debating whether to get this on the Xbox X or the PC right now. If this flops hard at least I bet I'll find peeps to play with on console moreso than PC. I think most of you are going the pc route however?

Bonby fucked around with this message at 18:38 on Oct 28, 2018

KaiserSchnitzel
Feb 23, 2003

PC for sure.

afkmacro
Mar 29, 2009

CharlestonJew posted:

Actually the video isn't bad, it's a great demo of what happens when randos follow other randos around trying to annoy the poo poo out of them by jumping and shooting constantly.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

CharlestonJew posted:

MXR already made a video saying he won't be making FO76 videos for a long while because he didn't get invited to the youtube influencers event in WV.

KaiserSchnitzel
Feb 23, 2003

Arcsquad12 posted:

MXR already made a video saying he won't be making FO76 videos for a long while because he didn't get invited to the youtube influencers event in WV.

A Fallout-centric content creator crying because the game isn't taliored to his YouTube channel? Shocking.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
anyone dumb enough to own an xbone know where the hell the brotherhood poo poo starts?

WebDO
Sep 25, 2009

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

anyone dumb enough to own an xbone know where the hell the brotherhood poo poo starts?

If you're not rolling around using a canon name as your handle and demanding other people be subservient to you as the leader of the brotherhood why are you even playing?

Fair Bear Maiden
Jun 17, 2013

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WW-84640Na4

Around 58 mins in.

GWBBQ
Jan 2, 2005

lol, canceling your preorder doesn't cancel you beta invite.

KaiserSchnitzel
Feb 23, 2003

GWBBQ posted:

lol, canceling your preorder doesn't cancel you beta invite.

Why would it?

GWBBQ
Jan 2, 2005

I ordered it for PC, only one activation key.

afkmacro
Mar 29, 2009

PVP lol https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ThMZvxU-SUQ

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Minorkos
Feb 20, 2010

GWBBQ posted:

I ordered it for PC, only one activation key.

Wait, does that really mean I can preorder the game, get my beta access and cancel my preorder to get my money back? I'm mildly interested in this game but lol at dropping 60 bucks to become a QA tester for Bethesda