Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.

Blaze Dragon posted:

Or he'll befriend you only to scam you and burn your house down.

Rohan and Josuke aren't friends.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

Rohan Kishibe posted:

Frenemies maybe?

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
Bananas keep longer in the fridge? Good to know.

Rohan Kishibe posted:

:allears:

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

Rohan Kishibe posted:

"Since you endangered yourself to protect me, I put myself in danger to help you."

"You trash person. You absolute poo poo-mongrel. gently caress you, Josuke."

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
So if Mario was killed by Black Sabbath in the manga, and Luigi was killed in the anime, does that mean it'll be Wario in the live action film?

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Toplowtech posted:

Frenemies maybe?

Boyfriends.

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy
RIP Polpo. the sexiest character

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

fighting gold is loving excellent I dunno what some of ya'll are smoking

Cory in the Blouse
Oct 22, 2010

SAMUS ARAN
OUR ONLY HOPE!

Expect My Mom posted:

but yeah like, I have no idea what onomatopoeia I would use in English to represent the lighting of a fire or that something is hot, but Japanese has Juuuuu that Koichi uses, stuff like that

FWOOOSH

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

BravestOfTheLamps posted:

The Sandman
Jun 23, 2013

Okay!

So, I've, like, designed a really sweet attack plan that I'm calling Attack Plan Ded Moroz, like "Deadmau5!"

WUB!

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

So if Mario was killed by Black Sabbath in the manga, and Luigi was killed in the anime, does that mean it'll be Wario in the live action film?

Nah, it'll be Waluigi. Polpo is obviously Wario.

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Give me your friend's BURGERS and SANDWICHES, I'll put out the fire.

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Man I didn't consider a part 5 movie, if they film it on location it'd be a must watch

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
polpos death is symbolic of the death of anyone who isnt a hot twink in jojo.

we're all bishonens all the time now

Expect My Mom fucked around with this message at 20:06 on Oct 28, 2018

Liquid Dinosaur
Dec 16, 2011

by Smythe
I’d hope the Speedwagon Foundation could have made some Shigechi and Kosaku shaped dummies and then staged a car crash or something.

But probably not.

The Sandman
Jun 23, 2013

Okay!

So, I've, like, designed a really sweet attack plan that I'm calling Attack Plan Ded Moroz, like "Deadmau5!"

WUB!

Expect My Mom posted:

polpos death is symbolic if the death of anyone who isnt a hot twink in jojo.

we're all bishonens all the time now

We all know that Kakyoin would be a bishounen in the current art style, and his last moments involved firing off a climactic burst after being fisted by another man. Not even the hot twinks are safe.

The Sandman
Jun 23, 2013

Okay!

WUB!
EDIT: Quote/Edit dyslexia strikes again.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Well, yes, their skin goes brown but the pulp stays good for way longer.

I wonder how the whole "don't put bananas in the fridge" thing started in the US.

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

BravestOfTheLamps posted:

Augus posted:

fighting gold is loving excellent I dunno what some of ya'll are smoking

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

trucutru posted:

I wonder how the whole "don't put bananas in the fridge" thing started in the US.
I had a whole conversation with my uncle once about how he thought I was forgetting to eat the bananas and throwing them out because I usually let 'em ride for a few days until there was a little brown spotting. I broke a piece off one and gave it to him (itself a scenario that seems as though it could fit pt 5) and he was like 'OH! It gets sweet??'

In short Americans are swine

Gruckles
Mar 11, 2013

trucutru posted:

Well if you put your bananas in the fridge you lose space for your eggs.

Zwiebel
Feb 19, 2011

Hi!

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

It's a chemical reaction, so all the usual rules in regards to those apply. Lower the temperature and you lower the speed.

There's also several ways to making them ripen faster if you're in a bind and you don't want to eat a nasty green banana rather than a tasty brown one. Heating them up works here as well.
It's caused partially by ethylene gas that they constantly emit, so having unripened, fresh/green banana bunches near browning bananas helps speed up the process. Alternatively you can also put them in a bag or an enclosed space where you've previously been keeping your bunches. That's why it's counterproductive to always have Bananas in your fridge, since the remaining gas in the enclosed space speeds up the process again, counteracting the cooling effect.
Or keeping them near apples or other fruits.

Zwiebel fucked around with this message at 02:15 on Oct 29, 2018

Nick Buntline
Dec 20, 2007
Doesn't know the impossible.

trucutru posted:

the banana companies literally published ads saying "hey, FYI, don't put bananas in your fridge."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RFDOI24RRAE

people understandably trusted they knew what they were talking about.

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

just popping in to say that Giorno's theme was godlike and I want the OST yesterday.

That's all.

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Theres plenty of em but its not standardized like it is in Japan

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Nick Buntline posted:

the banana companies literally published ads saying "hey, FYI, don't put bananas in your fridge."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RFDOI24RRAE

people understandably trusted they knew what they were talking about.

Haha, and the funniest part (to me) is that people trusted the guys profiting from the fruit spoiling quickly about not trying to conserve their food in the fridge.

Willsun
Dec 9, 2006

I willed too hard again...
Yeah it seems like onomatopoeia is a lot more uniformly known to Japanese people and a lot more integrated with being pseudo whole words in their vocabulary. It's kinda funny from an outside perspective seeing tough guys like Josuke say "punpun" for stinks/stinky.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

exploded mummy posted:

part iv is pretty terrible if you get around to it, Teronsuke and Angelo are trapped in living hells, Shinobu doesn't know that Kosaku is dead and Hayato can't really explain what the gently caress actually happened, Nijimura's dad never gets saved, an American ends up baby trafficking with no indication of the parents knowing what happened in a town that also has like 3 dozen missing young women that vanished without a trace

The overwhelming implication is that Shizuka was abandoned so they didn't really traffic her and what else would you expect from Joseph "associates with Nazis" Joestar anyway?

FutureFriend
Dec 28, 2011

joseph joestar stole that baby just like he stole mannish boy

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Josuke Higashikata posted:

The overwhelming implication is that Shizuka was abandoned so they didn't really traffic her and what else would you expect from Joseph "associates with Nazis" Joestar anyway?

that or she awakened her stand and vanished from her parents and after that there's no real way to find them

Rahu
Feb 14, 2009

let me just check my figures real quick here
Grimey Drawer
I've learned a lot about bananas here, gonna give fridge bananas a try. Thanks all :tipshat:

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

Thanks thread for making me want to eat some bananas, that good fruit we all know and love, that I somehow became allergic to in my early twenties despite having eaten them my whole life until that point (possible stand awakening??)

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

AT LAST! A show with nonono commercials!
Fallen Rib
Getting real tired of Big Banana pushing agitprop in my animes

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.
I just figured that Shizuka's mother ended up becoming one of Kira's girlfriends.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

Hitlersaurus Christ posted:

Thanks thread for making me want to eat some bananas, that good fruit we all know and love, that I somehow became allergic to in my early twenties despite having eaten them my whole life until that point (possible stand awakening??)

late-developing allergies are absolutely a thing. my dad started being allergic to bees a couple years back despite having no issues before.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Johnny Joestar posted:

late-developing allergies are absolutely a thing. my dad started being allergic to bees a couple years back despite having no issues before.

Nah, that's just the Stand awakening. It's a very weak stand, but your pops doesn't have the spirit to be a stand user, so it's the whole Holly thing, but in a very, very tame manner.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum
I apparently got the Stand power of "can't drink milk anymore" a few years ago, then.

Dragonwagon
Mar 28, 2010

And that, as much as anything else, led to my drinking problem.

Yinlock posted:

that or she awakened her stand and vanished from her parents and after that there's no real way to find them

Yeah, there's no way to find them, except, you know, asking the police if someone is missing their baby daughter.

jivjov posted:

I apparently got the Stand power of "can't drink milk anymore" a few years ago, then.

You got this wrong. Your stand power is explosive diarrhea, but you need dairy to trigger it.

Liquid Dinosaur
Dec 16, 2011

by Smythe

Dragonwagon posted:

Yeah, there's no way to find them, except, you know, asking the police if someone is missing their baby daughter.

You got this wrong. Your stand power is explosive diarrhea, but you need dairy to trigger it.

Yeah but what is that stand called? I’m trying to think of one that isn’t too on the nose.

Edit: Classical Gas?

Ever Disappointing
May 4, 2004

Josuke Higashikata posted:

Where did you get that implication? I always figured her mother was one of Kira's victims.

edit: the abandonment thing, I mean. Unless you consider dying a way of abandonment?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013

Rand Brittain posted:

Let’s just do a test by asking people.

Anime viewers, please name all the Stands after each episode and tell me what they can do!

From this, we will judge their complexity.

digiorno's stand: golden wind, i think: turns rocks into frogs and punches people with the drug that was in the 2012 judge dredd movie
buckle rati: they called it zipper man in the show which is hilarious and hopefully not the real name: decapitates people with zippers and puts things in peoples mouths, wakes up feeling horny
polpo: black sabbath is a better name: shadow jumpscare man that stabs peoples souls with a magic arrow that gives them stand powers, likes to eat

koichi: echoes: swears a lot and makes people heavy, completely forgot other cooler powers entirely