Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
-Blade
Trump
Doctor
Sex
Cake
View Results

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m posted:

I guess as people achieve equality they shift to the right.

At least the ones I know were always Republicans, because they're more interested in keeping others down than raising themselves up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

One More Fat Nerd
Apr 13, 2007

Mama’s Lil’ Louie

Nap Ghost

Epic High Five posted:

Trump probably polls better with gay white men than anybody here not already in the know would be comfortable with hearing

I wish I could remember where I read it, but there was an interesting article from a gay leftist journalist in the UK where he talked about how the popularity of facism was a dirty secret of the gay male community in europe. This was like 2012.

His estimate, which had some data behind it, was that gay european men were like 2-3 as likely as straights to be in a fascist group (meaning fascist groups were like 20% gay, not like straights were outnumbered). He had a variety of theories of why this was, from internalized self loathing, to attraction to the psychosexual hierarchy of facism, to it simply being a target rich environment.

I wish I remembered the article better so I could give a better idea of whether he was just full of poo poo.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

Both sides

Also, fake news

terrified of my bathroom
Jan 24, 2014

GAY BOATS
internalized homophobia and "well, im one of the good ones" are really common sentiments

also cis white gay men are still cis, white and men and that's usually enough boxes ticked for party republicans to not actively hate them to their face, especially if they're also rich. money trumps all

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

we will never know what his motivations were

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

One More Fat Nerd posted:

I wish I could remember where I read it, but there was an interesting article from a gay leftist journalist in the UK where he talked about how the popularity of facism was a dirty secret of the gay male community in europe. This was like 2012.

His estimate, which had some data behind it, was that gay european men were like 2-3 as likely as straights to be in a fascist group (meaning fascist groups were like 20% gay, not like straights were outnumbered). He had a variety of theories of why this was, from internalized self loathing, to attraction to the psychosexual hierarchy of facism, to it simply being a target rich environment.

I wish I remembered the article better so I could give a better idea of whether he was just full of poo poo.

probably a revenge angle too, for the bullying they got as kids

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

Gringostar posted:

we will never know what his motivations were

more than a few Miccosukee tribe flags on it too. :psyduck:

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Maker Of Shoes posted:

Schizophrenia is a hell of a thing.

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!

Zil posted:

Schizophrenia is a hell of a thing.

ah yes, a mentally ill, disturbed lone wolf. SAD!

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

terrified of my bathroom posted:

internalized homophobia and "well, im one of the good ones" are really common sentiments

also cis white gay men are still cis, white and men and that's usually enough boxes ticked for party republicans to not actively hate them to their face, especially if they're also rich. money trumps all

Wealth allows one to mitigate a lot of the negative effects of bias/hate in ways that they may take for granted. Having the choice to live in an area where being openly gay doesn't put them in physical danger, having a job or career where they're not denied raises or promotions for being gay, etc.

Basically a version of "I'm X and I was able to be successful, so therefore anyone X can be successful and if they are not, it's their fault."

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

From Trump official store

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

needs q for qavanaugh

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

No matter how much paperwork I process, it never goes away. It only increases.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Maker Of Shoes posted:

how long til elizabeth warren goes nuts too

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy
lol in 2009 steve mnuchin's bank fraudulently foreclosed on MAGA bomber's house

https://twitter.com/ddayen/status/1055887948489474048

Former DILF
Jul 13, 2017

guarantee you this: if the Republic is still standing after trump, the only thing conservatives will remember is that he was once a democrat

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Former DILF posted:

guarantee you this: if the Republic is still standing after trump, the only thing conservatives will remember is that he was once a democrat

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Former DILF posted:

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy

Former DILF posted:

bill clinton encouraged trump's primary run, and if he hadn't chatted up lorreta lynch on that tarmac, comey wouldn't have been in charge of the email investigation. it was definitely a false flag presidency funded by george soros

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

theyre gonna memory hole the teump presidency and say that obama played golf while the entire atlantic coast was leveled by hurricanes and president (((bernie))) and his (((globalist))) cabal engineered the next recession with their false flag trade war

Astrochicken
Aug 13, 2007

So you better go back to your bars, your temples
Your massage parlors!

Tonight on Hannity we discuss why Obama and the deep state did nothing to stop Trump's cataclysmic trade war.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

also hillary was still secretary of state during the multiple benghazis that happened 2016 on

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011

Dixie Cretin Seaman posted:

i enjoy that massive fraud was practiced by lenders using backdating and robo signing and the collective legal response was to go "ha ha ha you scamps, don't worry we'll foreclose on everyone anyways, who cares about procedure after all"

Knight
Dec 23, 2000

SPACE-A-HOLIC
Taco Defender

Tiler Kiwi posted:

i enjoy that massive fraud was practiced by lenders using backdating and robo signing and the collective legal response was to go "ha ha ha you scamps, don't worry we'll foreclose on everyone anyways, who cares about procedure after all"
And now the sequel with "ohohoho, we held elections who cares if they were accurate or we even acknowledge the results, the appearance of procedure was followed and that's all that matters"

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

Dixie Cretin Seaman posted:

The United states is a fairytale land populated by moral lessons

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?
:killing:

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

He tried

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m posted:

I guess as people achieve equality they shift to the right.

This means that social justice is the path to anarchocapitalism :twisted:

Anarchocapitalism is so cool. It's a bunch of dudes in bowties thinking really hard and going "what if... what if everyone was the oppressor?"

Astrochicken
Aug 13, 2007

So you better go back to your bars, your temples
Your massage parlors!

Posting is violence.

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.
THIS THREAD IS NOW MY PRIVATE PROPERTY YOU DO NOT HAVE THE RIGHT TO POST HERE VIOLATE THE NAP AND SUFFER THE CONSEQUENCES

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

Dreddout posted:

THIS THREAD IS NOW MY PRIVATE PROPERTY YOU DO NOT HAVE THE RIGHT TO POST HERE VIOLATE THE NAP AND SUFFER THE CONSEQUENCES

i do not respect the sovereignty of your posts. i post on a moored fishing vessel and only adhere to posts that are gold-fringed

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.

Business Gorillas posted:

i do not respect the sovereignty of your posts. i post on a moored fishing vessel and only adhere to posts that are gold-fringed

*rolls up in my personal Abrams tank*

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Bn7qtncrOk

Avirosb
Nov 21, 2016

Everyone makes pisstakes
Andrew Torba, @a PRO

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jdBRBmXlkrg

Blackchamber
Jan 25, 2005

Trawmp

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Epic High Five posted:

Trump probably polls better with gay white men than anybody here not already in the know would be comfortable with hearing

It’s pretty similar to straight demographics once they’re in the 50+ range as far as I can tell. I’m gay and in my early 30s and I’d say it’s an even 50/50 for that age group to be conservative if not higher

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Aesop Poprock posted:

It’s pretty similar to straight demographics once they’re in the 50+ range as far as I can tell. I’m gay and in my early 30s and I’d say it’s an even 50/50 for that age group to be conservative if not higher

I can just imagine a political conversation with a gay conservative.

"I mean, yeah they'd feed me feet first into a woodchipper at the first opportunity if they thought that they would even marginally gain from it, but taxes!"