Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Prester Jane
Nov 4, 2008

by Hand Knit
Curiously the :smug: centrist crew that normally dominates the Trump thread has been pretty quiet lately. I chalk this up to a combination of their ideology failing so bad lately that even they are hard-pressed to defend it in conjunction with the moderators no longer coddling them. (Its funny* how quickly their courage dries up when they know that simply braying like spoiled yt's demanding to see the manager won't automatically get them their way.)

*pathetic

On a side note the Centrist crew better loving pray that Manchin wins his reelection. Cuz if he doesn't then all those Centrist threw literally every LGBT poster under the bus and had the audacity to call us monsters for objecting to it. (Looking at you Jarnak.)

What I'm saying is if Manchin loses I'm going to rub the Centrists noses in it for as long as it takes- and I'm going to be a completely remorseless bitch about it too.

Prester Jane fucked around with this message at 17:44 on Oct 28, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

a beautiful, soft meat sack
Clapping Larry
Can i just say using yt instead of white is weird to me but I cant put my finger on why.

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

Clapping Larry
I mean maybe if your phone posting but alot of those other words are all there, so.

Heck Yes! Loam!
Nov 15, 2004

a rich, friable soil containing a relatively equal mixture of sand and silt and a somewhat smaller proportion of clay.

Prester Jane posted:

Curiously the :smug: centrist crew that normally dominates the Trump thread has been pretty quiet lately. I chalk this up to a combination of their ideology failing so bad lately that even they are hard-pressed to defend it in conjunction with the moderators no longer coddling them. (Its funny* how quickly their courage dries up when they know that simply braying like spoiled yt's demanding to see the manager won't automatically get them their way.)

*pathetic

On a side note the Centrist crew better loving pray that Manchin wins his reelection. Cuz if he doesn't then all those Centrist threw literally every LGBT poster under the bus and had the audacity to call us monsters for objecting to it. (Looking at you Jarnak.)

What I'm saying is if Manchin loses I'm going to rub the Centrists noses in it for as long as it takes- and I'm going to be a completely remorseless bitch about it too.

Manchin seems pretty safe at this point compared to almost every other incumbent dem senator at the moment. Reality is a sick gently caress.

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

drilldo squirt posted:

Can i just say using yt instead of white is weird to me but I cant put my finger on why.

:qq:

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

Clapping Larry
I'm saying something is weird. I'm sorry this bothers you.

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

See this is why black people code switch

Talk in our vernacular and people start getting real uncomfortable

But totally not racism

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

Clapping Larry
What? Using the short version of one and only one word is werid to me.

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

drilldo squirt posted:

Let me be weird

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Prester Jane posted:

(Looking at you Jarnak.)

Jarmak is a shy Republican, he's a Democrat now because Trump, but just before all this nonsense started you could usually find him defending cop murders of unarmed black people, defending anyone murdering unarmed poor people, and his main complaint with the US justice system is that hate crime legislation deals too severely with murderers of LGBT folks.

Manchin is like his ideal politician, votes to repress minorities and uphold sexmonsters while being deeply concerned about rude tweets.

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

Clapping Larry
I mean if your lazy and texting yeah that works but it's weird to me to do it like that, Im trying to brainstorm why.

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

Clapping Larry

Koalas Massacre posted:

Let me be weird

Lady, I wasn't even talking to you. Be as weird as you want.

Prester Jane
Nov 4, 2008

by Hand Knit

drilldo squirt posted:

yt has a specific and very negative connotation. I'm using it to describe comfortable white people who cannot see past their own privilege- and further have the arrogance to demand that minorities should make their decisions according to the desires of yt's.

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

drilldo squirt posted:

I mean if your lazy and texting yeah that works but it's weird to me to do it like that, Im trying to brainstorm why.

I'm literally always posting on my phone. I only use my computer for video projects.

I also use speech to text a lot now because my I dropped my phone and my screen is broken

Prester Jane
Nov 4, 2008

by Hand Knit

drilldo squirt posted:

Lady I wasn't even talking to you.

no dig up!

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

drilldo squirt posted:

:thunk:

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

Clapping Larry

Prester Jane posted:

yt has a specific and very negative connotation. I'm using it to describe comfortable white people who cannot see past their own privilege- and further have the arrogance to demand that minorities should make their decisions according to the desires of yt's.

Ah.

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer
It doesn’t surprise me that the poster who is constitutionally incapable of using the edit function is also too dumb to understand black vernacular connotations.

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

drilldo squirt posted:

Lady I wasn't even talking to you.

Who do you think introduced yt to these forums?

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

Clapping Larry

Thanks and godbless. Tablets do not let me check myself easily.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

drilldo squirt posted:

You know what's even weirder? Giving this much of a poo poo about somebody saying yt on a dead internet comedy forums in the year twenty loving eighteen, in the era of the post-escalator.

theCalamity
Oct 23, 2010

Cry Havoc and let slip the Hogs of War
Is it yt=white or yt=whitey? I'm fine with either reading though

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

Clapping Larry

Koalas Massacre posted:

Who do you think introduced yt to these forums?

I'm assuming you did, but if you've got a good story about it I'd like to hear it.

drilldo squirt fucked around with this message at 18:41 on Oct 28, 2018

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

Clapping Larry

Cerebral Bore posted:

You know what's even weirder? Giving this much of a poo poo about somebody saying yt on a dead internet comedy forums in the year twenty loving eighteen, in the era of the post-escalator.

It's weird to me and I was trying to figure out why with other people here, im giving up now since it's not that important to me and people are acting bothered by it.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

drilldo squirt posted:

I'm assuming you did, but if you've got a goody story about it I'd like to hear it.

"I don't like when people do x"
"Let me do x"
"I wasn't talking to you"
"Who is the person who does x"
"You"

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

Clapping Larry
I'm not sure how to explain basic reasoning, but if you want to let off some steam and yell at me about things go ahead.

Prester Jane
Nov 4, 2008

by Hand Knit

drilldo squirt posted:

It's weird to me and I was trying to figure out why with other people here, im giving up now since it's not that important to me and people are acting bothered by it.

drilldo squirt posted:

I'm not sure how to explain basic reasoning, but if you want to let off some steam and yell at me about things go ahead.

Fragility.

Prester Jane fucked around with this message at 18:49 on Oct 28, 2018

theCalamity
Oct 23, 2010

Cry Havoc and let slip the Hogs of War
https://twitter.com/WalkerBragman/status/1056430141600120832

twodot
Aug 7, 2005

You are objectively correct that this person is dumb and has said dumb things

Frightening Knight posted:

This was why I closed USPOL. Main Painframe astutely noted that we went all day yesterday without a single post in USPOL despite a major right-wing terrorist event occurring, which signals to me that interest isn't really there right now.
I don't understand what relevance "racist shitheads continue to be racist shitheads" has to American politics, like I understand why people might consider that news, but I think "US current events" and "US politics" has got to be different things.

Rent-A-Cop
Oct 15, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

theCalamity posted:

Is it yt=white or yt=whitey? I'm fine with either reading though
I always read it as "Whitey" but I am not exactly hip and or with it.

My vernacular makes me sound like an illiterate racist :eng99:

Prester Jane
Nov 4, 2008

by Hand Knit

twodot posted:

I don't understand what relevance "racist shitheads continue to be racist shitheads" has to American politics,

Let me take a wild guess as to your melanin content and socioeconomic background.......

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

And then Obama quashed the FBI's power to deal with this because - under the most charitable reading - Republicans yelled at him.

ded redd fucked around with this message at 19:25 on Oct 28, 2018

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
I always thought yt was used so you don't get keyword searched by twitter nazis?

Either way who loving cares?

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord
Lol at gettin mad and eating a 6er over some internet slang in the current moment.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Am I the only one who checks rap sheets before trying to engage someone in good faith?

Holy moly he's got 299 probations/bans.

Kilroy
Oct 1, 2000

Prester Jane posted:

o7

RuanGacho
Jun 20, 2002

"You're gunna break it!"

As a current and former bad thread maker USPOL had no posts as LK said on the most significant US news day in years, had I made the connection first I would have killed it myself.

Nameste.

Kilroy
Oct 1, 2000

Frightening Knight posted:

This was why I closed USPOL. Main Painframe astutely noted that we went all day yesterday without a single post in USPOL despite a major right-wing terrorist event occurring, which signals to me that interest isn't really there right now. PPJ and I are still deciding what should happen, but essentially what is likely is that after the midterms either we will make a fresh USPOL thread or something more significant may change, depending on what we decide. I left this thread open because it serves a slightly different purpose, although it's possible we might refresh this one as well.
Just merge them all together and make a reversal of fortune rule for reports IMO :colbert: and I say this as someone who will definitely catch a probation or several because of that rule.

Call it USPOL TRUMPERDOME: "Bad Posts" Containment Zone and reverse sticky it.

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

drilldo squirt posted:

next you're gonna tell me i have to capitalize my posts....

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

RuanGacho posted:

As a current and former bad thread maker USPOL had no posts as LK said on the most significant US news day in years, had I made the connection first I would have killed it myself.

Nameste.

I honestly don’t think that was the most significant US news day in years. Maybe weeks or this month. It was a tragic day and certainly had some attention worthy headlines, but significant?

What did it really change?

• Locked thread