Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Count Chocula
Dec 25, 2011

WE HAVE TO CONTROL OUR ENVIRONMENT
IF YOU SEE ME POSTING OUTSIDE OF THE AUSPOL THREAD PLEASE TELL ME THAT I'M MISSED AND TO START POSTING AGAIN

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

I don't know who Robyn is but please stop or I'm going to start doing mountain goats songs about Tay Tay

If you punish a girl for dreaming her dreams don’t expect her to forget or forgive you
The best ever pop country singer out of Pennsylvania will in time both outpace and outlive you

Sorry i’ve spent all day listening to Mountain Goats covers and reading about the guy from The Wonder Years talking about the Mountain Goats

And when I was at my lowest point my friend played me Shake it Off to cheer me up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Count Chocula posted:

reading about the guy from The Wonder Years talking about the Mountain Goats

Do you have a link for this?

Count Chocula
Dec 25, 2011

IF YOU SEE ME POSTING OUTSIDE OF THE AUSPOL THREAD PLEASE TELL ME THAT I'M MISSED AND TO START POSTING AGAIN
https://www.loudersound.com/features/the-10-best-mountain-goats-songs-as-chosen-by-soupy-of-the-wonder-years

One of the guys from Welcome to Night Vale (who might be a goon?) just started a podcast called I Only Listen to The Mountain Goats which is just about them

http://podcastadvocate.network/thesoundandthestory/e/3604cd20287004/ an episode of another podcast about The Sunset Tree

https://www.npr.org/2018/10/10/653349496/the-mountain-goats-american-anthem-no-children-dysfunction - NPR article on No Children

Bad Blood fits nicely with No Children

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

The beef between Ja Rule and 50 Cent is still ongoing and it just got dumber:
https://news.avclub.com/50-cent-says-he-bought-200-front-row-tickets-to-a-ja-ru-1830047709

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Count Chocula posted:

If you punish a girl for dreaming her dreams don’t expect her to forget or forgive you
The best ever pop country singer out of Pennsylvania will in time both outpace and outlive you

Sorry i’ve spent all day listening to Mountain Goats covers and reading about the guy from The Wonder Years talking about the Mountain Goats

And when I was at my lowest point my friend played me Shake it Off to cheer me up

Whatever man I before E and I have been doing dueling mountain goats rewrites for the last couple days

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Also I got All Hail West Texas on vinyl while I was in Philly and I can't wait to get a stereo receiver so j can crank it

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Count Chocula posted:

https://www.loudersound.com/features/the-10-best-mountain-goats-songs-as-chosen-by-soupy-of-the-wonder-years

One of the guys from Welcome to Night Vale (who might be a goon?) just started a podcast called I Only Listen to The Mountain Goats which is just about them

http://podcastadvocate.network/thesoundandthestory/e/3604cd20287004/ an episode of another podcast about The Sunset Tree

https://www.npr.org/2018/10/10/653349496/the-mountain-goats-american-anthem-no-children-dysfunction - NPR article on No Children

Bad Blood fits nicely with No Children

Joseph Fink is indeed forums poster Maxnmona, and Disparition is Earwicker

BENGHAZI 2 fucked around with this message at 16:31 on Oct 28, 2018

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Alhazred posted:

The beef between Ja Rule and 50 Cent is still ongoing and it just got dumber:
https://news.avclub.com/50-cent-says-he-bought-200-front-row-tickets-to-a-ja-ru-1830047709

Haha that actually rules

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

If it wasn't for disappointment
I wouldn't have any appointment

Grimey Drawer

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

Also I got All Hail West Texas on vinyl while I was in Philly and I can't wait to get a stereo receiver so j can crank it

If you're still looking for a pre-amp, maybe look into U-Turn's pre-amp. I still use my Pioneer stereo system which is a turntable to pre-amp to speakers, but if/when I have to upgrade, U-turn is what I'd buy.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Franchescanado posted:

If you're still looking for a pre-amp, maybe look into U-Turn's pre-amp. I still use my Pioneer stereo system which is a turntable to pre-amp to speakers, but if/when I have to upgrade, U-turn is what I'd buy.

I don't know if I need a preamp or not, CPL told me to just get a stereo receiver with phono inputs but I don't know if I could get just a preamp amd be fine or what

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~

Skwirl posted:

Rihanna turned down the Super Bowl because of her support for Colin Kaepernick. That's my pop star story.

Didn’t she play a concert for Qaddafi’s sons?

Alhazred posted:

And now she appears on XXXTentacion's album.

:jerry:

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

Grimey Drawer

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

I don't know if I need a preamp or not, CPL told me to just get a stereo receiver with phono inputs but I don't know if I could get just a preamp amd be fine or what

A stereo receiver is basically a pre-amp, a tuner, and an amplifier all in one.

This article might help.

You probably just want a stereo receiver. If there's a record shop that sells equipment, or a flea market nearby with a record shop and audio equipment, stop by or call them and just talk to someone and get a recommendation. They may even have something in your price range.

I got my set-up at a flea market and it's been good to me for over a decade.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Alhazred posted:

And now she appears on XXXTentacion's album.

Not like he'll make any money off it

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~
happy 20th bday something is awful :toot:

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Franchescanado posted:

A stereo receiver is basically a pre-amp, a tuner, and an amplifier all in one.

This article might help.

You probably just want a stereo receiver. If there's a record shop that sells equipment, or a flea market nearby with a record shop and audio equipment, stop by or call them and just talk to someone and get a recommendation. They may even have something in your price range.

I got my set-up at a flea market and it's been good to me for over a decade.

Yeah unfortunately there's nobody near me that sells equipment. I just made a post in IYG about wjAt I have tho if you want to take a peek at it

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

Grimey Drawer

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

Yeah unfortunately there's nobody near me that sells equipment. I just made a post in IYG about wjAt I have tho if you want to take a peek at it

That sucks. I read the post, I'm sure someone in there will give you some good ideas. They know more than me.

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat

El Gallinero Gros posted:

A friend and I fell in love back in 2015, started house hunting and I started looking at rings. Then she died in a snowboarding accident about 10 months after we became an item. It made everything I struggle with except the learning disability worse, and I tried to commit suicide.

I've tried 7 different types of anti-depressants, I can't seem to find a career that allows me to work around my disability effectively. I live at home with my mom because I simply don't make enough to support myself at my job. And the Premier (think Governor if you're American) of my province recently implied that if those who are complaining about him axing Basic Income want more stability, they should get a job.

That Premier, by the way, is the brother of the infamous crackhead ex-Mayor of Toronto Rob Ford. His name's Doug Ford and he himself is a former drug dealer.

That’s really rough. I’m sorry.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
Shot Context:
Chilling adventures of Sabrina (2018)
https://twitter.com/voidt100diaries/status/1056269758935502848
A Nightmare on Elm Street (1984)
https://twitter.com/RedmondSurvivor/status/1056286863844085761

Air Skwirl fucked around with this message at 19:56 on Oct 28, 2018

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

X-Ray Pecs posted:

happy 20th bday something is awful :toot:

We've come so far from our humble origins as a monster truck rally blog.

Now we've got pop ups, pop unders, pop ins, flash ads, flash ads with sound...

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~

Baron von Eevl posted:

We've come so far from our humble origins as a monster truck rally blog.

Now we've got pop ups, pop unders, pop ins, flash ads, flash ads with sound...

And all for the low price of $30 a month!

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

I'm not sure what you meant that first one to be

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

I Before E posted:

I'm not sure what you meant that first one to be

God dammit, images aren't showing up in twitter embeds for me. Fixed it.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Man, Hancock is a great movie

TrixRabbi
Aug 20, 2010

Time for a little robot chauvinism!

Power of Pecota posted:

Seeing the alternate timeline where Chuck Norris sinks That 70's Show in its first season and throws the cast's careers on completely different trajectories would be really cool, especially when the butterfly effect applies to the production of The Butterfly Effect.

However, in this timeline Norris goes on to have a minor career resurgence regardless and decides to seize on the opportunity to build his political capital and he is now Secretary of State.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

TrixRabbi posted:

However, in this timeline Norris goes on to have a minor career resurgence regardless and decides to seize on the opportunity to build his political capital and he is now Secretary of State.

He couldn't be much worse than the current one.

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"

I gotta start working out and dieting so I can start wearing crop tops

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.
Sizzling hot steak: Uncut CG Beowulf is the second best Beowulf film.

The 13th Warrior is the first.

Count Chocula
Dec 25, 2011

For real? I’ve been a Neil Gaiman fanboy since I was a kid and even I avoided Beowulf. Didn’t help that I read the original poem (in Tolkien’s translation) and love it.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

James Woods Fan posted:

Yeah, these two are the best by a wide margin.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

James Woods Fan posted:

The only other Beowulf film I can think of is a post-apocalyptic sci-fi flick starring Christopher Lambert (because of course). So I'm not sure how hot of a take this is.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
Beowulf is kinda underrated. All the reviews focused on the CG and whether or not it worked but I liked that it twisted the original story into a fable about how power corrupts.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
The best version of Beowulf I've seen was - completely 100% serious - a puppet show version I saw in school when I was 12.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

Skwirl posted:

The only other Beowulf film I can think of is a post-apocalyptic sci-fi flick starring Christopher Lambert (because of course). So I'm not sure how hot of a take this is.

There is one where Gerald Butler is this tired warrior just fed up with always having to kill monsters. It is kinda going for historic accuracy, Grendel is the child of a caveman. It's also pretty boring, sadly.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Count Chocula posted:

For real? I’ve been a Neil Gaiman fanboy since I was a kid and even I avoided Beowulf. Didn’t help that I read the original poem (in Tolkien’s translation) and love it.

Beowulf owns hard

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

James Woods Fan posted:

Was the home release uncut? Saw it in theaters, but would love to revisit it.

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"
I had to read Beowulf and it loving sucked. gently caress it and gently caress the Canterbury Tales and also gently caress Sir Gawain and the Green Knight.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Medieval literature is pretty good. Though that might just be a result of being raised on the sagas.

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat

Coffee And Pie posted:

I had to read Beowulf and it loving sucked. gently caress it and gently caress the Canterbury Tales and also gently caress Sir Gawain and the Green Knight.

I think it depends on the translation. I got the Seamus Heaney version, which is really good.

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.

bushisms.txt posted:

Was the home release uncut? Saw it in theaters, but would love to revisit it.

Yeah the Bluray is unrated.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McCloud
Oct 27, 2005

Coffee And Pie posted:

I gotta start working out and dieting so I can start wearing crop tops

Crop tops do not look good on guys, no matter how fit or hot you are.

• Locked thread