Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy

Proteus Jones posted:

Follow the link and tap the picture? That unmutes and shows the controls.

At least that works for me. And boy-howdy is that a loud THWAP.

Huh. If I copy/paste the URL into Safari, I can get sound, but I still don’t see any controls. I want to know how to make this work in Chrome. Maybe there’s a setting?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Heh I think of this commercial whenever I see someone painstakingly get their gas to a round number before paying with debit/credit.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Then again Seinfeld is a millionaire being :smug: about denying 0.63$ to a minimum-wage worker, so :thermidor:

Nicaden
Feb 17, 2012
Video game related schadenfreude that happened just a few hours ago. In the game Fortnite, there’s an ongoing Halloween event that gives you rewards for doing specific challenges. Normally, you’d get xp for doing them, but someone messed up and accidentally basically gave people 35 free levels for the season pass items. It normally takes a few weeks of playing a few hours a day to get them, or you can buy the levels with real world money. The glitch was patched pretty quickly and everybody who did it is allowed to keep them.

The real schadenfreude is all the kids on Reddit and the official forums having absolute meltdowns over missing the glitch and generally a lot of tears are involved. Highlights include kids screaming about how they’re going to uninstall the game or demanding their money back.

One particularly good quote is this:

“Ok, i hope you fuckers go bankrupt. Never let bug abusers keep their stuff, or give it to everyone. "earned " lmao they just landed at a location. I hope fortnite dies”

https://www.reddit.com/r/FortNiteBR/comments/9s4r6u/fortnitemares_part_3_challenge_fix/?sort=new

Nicaden has a new favorite as of 18:53 on Oct 28, 2018

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

"Well, it's called the catwalk, isn't it?"

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

CommonShore posted:

Then again Seinfeld is a millionaire being :smug: about denying 0.63$ to a minimum-wage worker, so :thermidor:

Do...do you think the attendant gets to keep the money?

Nicaden posted:

Video game related schadenfreude that happened just a few hours ago. In the game Fortnite, there’s an ongoing Halloween event that gives you rewards for doing specific challenges. Normally, you’d get xp for doing them, but someone messed up and accidentally basically gave people 35 free levels for the season pass items. It normally takes a few weeks of playing a few hours a day to get them, or you can buy the levels with real world money. The glitch was patched pretty quickly and everybody who did it is allowed to keep them.

The real schadenfreude is all the kids on Reddit and the official forums having absolute meltdowns over missing the glitch and generally a lot of tears are involved. Highlights include kids screaming about how they’re going to uninstall the game or demanding their money back.

https://www.reddit.com/r/FortNiteBR/comments/9s4r6u/fortnitemares_part_3_challenge_fix/?sort=new

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Bobby Digital posted:

Do...do you think the attendant gets to keep the money?

The last line in the commercial is "keep the change." He's salivating for the tips.

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

CommonShore posted:

The last line in the commercial is "keep the change." He's salivating for the tips.

Ehh that’s what I get for going off memory

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Bobby Digital posted:

Ehh that’s what I get for going off memory

did you even read my reply...

:smugdog:

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Seinfeld’s lovely laugh is so on point that I have no sympathy for the attendant.

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

oops wrong thread

jobson groeth
May 17, 2018

by FactsAreUseless
Why try get so exact when filling your car with fuel? It's just a number. You don't try get exactly $7 worth of grapes or what ever at the supermarket. Unless you do have exactly that amount of money but otherwise a few cents difference isn't going to matter.

Lurking Haro
Oct 27, 2009

jobson groeth posted:

Why try get so exact when filling your car with fuel? It's just a number. You don't try get exactly $7 worth of grapes or what ever at the supermarket. Unless you do have exactly that amount of money but otherwise a few cents difference isn't going to matter.

Small change is annoying and if you are a few cents above a round number, you get a lot of it.

It's still not worth calling the police because you didn't want to break :10bux:

OutOfPrint
Apr 9, 2009

Fun Shoe
People who think fun should be earned in video games are loving stupid. Same goes with the grognard D&D set, too.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

CommonShore posted:

Seinfeld is actually close to being a billionaire due to syndication deals for the show.

trickybiscuits
Jan 13, 2008

yospos

oh dope posted:

So Judge Buzzard chased down two guys named Kodey and Tanner? This is made up.
You know when you read something about some people and you just know they never had a chance in life? And that they're white?

Sarcopenia
May 14, 2014
https://twitter.com/PicturesFoIder/status/1056584192191016961

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

It's like a tornado and a ghost had an angry baby that was hungry for camping gear.

Deptfordx
Dec 23, 2013

Nicaden posted:

One particularly good quote is this:

“Ok, i hope you fuckers go bankrupt. Never let bug abusers keep their stuff, or give it to everyone. "earned " lmao they just landed at a location. I hope fortnite dies”

I'm sure the blowback will be as devastating to Fortnite as the "Boycott COD Modern Warfare 2 for no dedicated servers" thing was back in the day.

Sarrisan
Oct 9, 2012
https://m.huffpost.com/us//us_5bd514dae4b0d38b588432c4?ncid=APPLENEWS00001

It keeps happening.

quote:

A North Carolina woman has been dubbed “South Park Susan” after harassing two black sisters waiting for AAA outside an apartment complex in south Charlotte.
Videos of the incident, which were shared by Chele Garris on Facebook, show the woman repeatedly asking the sisters, “Do you live here?” before telling them “I’m white … and I make $125,000 a year and I want to make sure that you’re all up in here.”

Phone posting or I’d post more.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

https://i.imgur.com/bKxupei.mp4

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

It looks like that's an Apple News link and it won't work (maybe it will on iOS, but not on macOS at least).

Here's an article with more information.

http://www.wfae.org/post/charlotte-woman-faces-charges-after-harassing-black-neighbors-telling-them-leave

quote:

A CMPD spokesman said Saturday four criminal summons’ have been issued for the woman - two counts of communicating threats and two counts of simple assault. The website of the Mecklenburg County Sheriff’s Office shows warrants matching that description were issued for Susan Westwood on October 21.

According to WBTV, Westwood’s employer Spectrum says it has terminated her.

Raygereio
Nov 12, 2012
Links seems broken.
https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/charlotte-north-carolina-apartment-white-woman-black_us_5bd514dae4b0d38b588432c4

Generally this type of video makes me angry. But this one made me cringe. That woman was just sad and pathetic.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Sarcopenia
May 14, 2014

Proteus Jones posted:

It looks like that's an Apple News link and it won't work

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

ouch

Sarcopenia
May 14, 2014
You okay there buddy?

greazeball
Feb 4, 2003

This is old but I don't think it was posted here: https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/marc-sutton-alps-death-mother-mountain-biker-france-rape-death-killed-a8587851.html

A man was mountain biking in the woods and was shot by a hunter and died. This was what his mother posted on Facebook:

quote:

I hope you rot in hell Mark Thomas Sutton. My only disappointment is you died instantly. For any horrified people reading this, I’m not some vicious troll. I’m the woman who gave birth to him.

This man was a monster. A bullet aimed at an animal. You aimed well. Karma called on you.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Sarcopenia posted:

You okay there buddy?

ouch

Former DILF
Jul 13, 2017

greazeball posted:

This is old but I don't think it was posted here: https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/marc-sutton-alps-death-mother-mountain-biker-france-rape-death-killed-a8587851.html

A man was mountain biking in the woods and was shot by a hunter and died. This was what his mother posted on Facebook:

haha what the hell

what a world :allears:

Stexils
Jun 5, 2008

Former DILF posted:

haha what the hell

what a world :allears:

its less fun when you read that its because he raped her repeatedly over 100 times and beat her with screwdrivers and other weapons

Former DILF
Jul 13, 2017

makes you think the shooting wasn't accidental

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Stexils posted:

its less fun when you read that its because he raped her repeatedly over 100 times and beat her with screwdrivers and other weapons

To be clear, he didn't beat and rape his mother, but a girl he grew up with the mother knew well. His mother "knew he was a s*** child," though.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Stexils posted:

Not the mom, the underaged victim.

From the article it seems no one is mourning the loss.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Somebody apparently has been trying to paint him as an angel, according to his victims, but it sure ain't the woman who made him.

Brute Hole Force
Dec 25, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Disrepecting the dead and accepting only some lives are precious is a weird rear end moral hurdle for a lot of people.

spog
Aug 7, 2004

It's your own bloody fault.

marshmallow creep posted:

To be clear, he didn't beat and rape his mother, but a girl he grew up with the mother knew well. His mother "knew he was a s*** child," though.

I kinda feel that if anyone should accept some responsibility for a child being a s*** child, then it's the mother.

trickybiscuits
Jan 13, 2008

yospos
From a couple of days ago, but I don't remember seeing it here: Richard Spencer's wife files for divorce, claims he was 'physically, emotionally, verbally and financially abusive'

Bad stuff but I am glad she's getting out of there.

greazeball
Feb 4, 2003

spog posted:

I kinda feel that if anyone should accept some responsibility for a child being a s*** child, then it's the mother.

actually his dad is in the papers saying that the rape stuff is made up stuff from a family feud so I think he's the lovely one, personally

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

B-Rock452
Jan 6, 2005
:justflu:

Raygereio posted:

Links seems broken.
https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/charlotte-north-carolina-apartment-white-woman-black_us_5bd514dae4b0d38b588432c4

Generally this type of video makes me angry. But this one made me cringe. That woman was just sad and pathetic.

gently caress these people she can be sad and pathetic and jobless.