Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

Bryan barely understanding wrestling despite doing it for a living for so long will always be funny

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Dave endorsing the old rape at the end of WOR was a fair buzz

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

bryan is good

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

ICHIBAHN posted:

Dave endorsing the old rape at the end of WOR was a fair buzz
dave: im not saying it was right or it was okay, it was just a common occurrence at the time
The internet: DAVE SAYS RAPE IS RIGHT AND OKAY

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

he complained about how people are going to be offended by him being truthful about 3 times too many. he also talked about how it would be stupid to judge people for it or get mad about it. i know what he means but he still sounded like an idiot and shouldnt have said anything, again

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

he might as well not bother qualifying anything he says for the gently caress all good it does

Your Parents
Jul 19, 2017

by R. Guyovich
dave reports on the hosed up poo poo that rich people do so we're obligated to call him an evil person and try to get people to stop listening to him

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons
Fact #1 The Moon is really cool
The realization by Bryan that WCW is only around for another 18 months or so and there's so much trash packed into it was just perfect.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!

jesus WEP posted:

dave: im not saying it was right or it was okay, it was just a common occurrence at the time
The internet: DAVE SAYS RAPE IS RIGHT AND OKAY

I get the feeling Dave has a long list of problematic faves.

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Going back through some old B&V Retro Raw/Nitro shows and there's one where they're talking about Flair trying to cut a promo but not sure which camera to use, and now I'm waiting for them to hit the shambling last days of 2001 Nitro where everyone cutting a backstage promo is not looking at the camera at all, like they're talking to someone just off-screen.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

You could just watch modern WWE (don’t do this)

blast0rama
Aug 13, 2003

Tingly.

PaybackJack posted:

Doesn’t everyone who is a pro wrestling fan?

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
Beat Debra.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

PaybackJack posted:

If you watch wrestling or any sport in 2018, you do

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
That retro BVC really kicked it up a notch this week.

Charlie Steiner.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

algebra testes posted:

That retro BVC really kicked it up a notch this week.

Charlie Steiner.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle
https://twitter.com/wrestlesplania/status/1055312056717664256

hey everyone if youre a fan of the wrestlesplania podcast as i am, they have new merch, and im mentioning this because i designed the shirt for them and i'm really excited about it.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h6BQcLnp9H8

This happened.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

jesus WEP posted:

he might as well not bother qualifying anything he says for the gently caress all good it does

I get Dave and like him but he's basically incapable of talking about social issues and comes off like a dumb robot attempting to understand humans. Like he has a basic grasp of what is or isn't acceptable but he can't express it so I don't know why he keeps trying

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer
A normal person: Rape is bad

Dave: Well, you know, rape isn't good, and uh, I would never say it was good, but rape is uh, you know, it was different back in like, even like 20 years ago you could uh probably show it in a way it could make TV and it wasn't that big of a deal. Not saying it was good! But it was how it is and you know times change and sometimes things change

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Aesop Poprock posted:

a dumb robot attempting to understand humans.

Fish gotta swim, birds gotta fly, Dave's gotta Dave :shrug:

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

the weirdest thing about this is watching someone smoking indoors

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Lone Goat posted:

the weirdest thing about this is watching someone smoking indoors

There's one bar in my town in Pennsylvania that doesn't allow smoking cause it's like a classy english pub attached to a restauraunt but the other 4 are dives and they're all fine with it. One even still has a cigarette vending machine

I remember the one bar tried to ban smoking and their business fell so quick they brought it back in within two months

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!
Bryan vs the Slim Jim on the Filthy show is fantastic.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Surpassed only by his love for Mountain Dew.

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

While I'm sure it's a typo, Dave refers to Satin as Ryan Satan in the new WON

I lol'd

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

Aesop Poprock posted:

There's one bar in my town in Pennsylvania that doesn't allow smoking cause it's like a classy english pub attached to a restauraunt but the other 4 are dives and they're all fine with it. One even still has a cigarette vending machine

I remember the one bar tried to ban smoking and their business fell so quick they brought it back in within two months

I'm in Ontario Canada and smoking in bars has been banned for over a decade.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD

Aesop Poprock posted:

A normal person: Rape is bad

Dave: Well, you know, rape isn't good, and uh, I would never say it was good, but rape is uh, you know, it was different back in like, even like 20 years ago you could uh probably show it in a way it could make TV and it wasn't that big of a deal. Not saying it was good! But it was how it is and you know times change and sometimes things change

i too hate context

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Seams posted:

i too hate context

I got the context. Dave is just notoriously not great at presenting that context

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
I usually don't mind Sempervive as much as most folks here but on the most recent WOL, he was unusually bad about mikesplaining things to Bryan, holy smokes.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

because he was probably drunk again

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Bryan and Filthy Tom had to gang up and force Dave to take the day off and go celebrate his birthday with his family :xd:

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008

Jerusalem posted:

Bryan and Filthy Tom had to gang up and force Dave to take the day off and go celebrate his birthday with his family :xd:

And then he swerved them by doing a show with Garrett.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

mariooncrack posted:

And then he swerved them by doing a show with Garrett.

Oh my loving God he did too! :lol:

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Absolutely primo Bryan rant today on B&V

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
On what?

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

On WWE patting themselves on the back for inventing women’s rights

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

He deliberately spends the first 5 minutes ranting about how WWE can't help but get in the way of themselves, in order to get it out of the way so he can just concentrate on everything he enjoyed about the PPV (which is almost everything). He has particular scorn for a line that was made about how this PPV was another sign of how WWE had completely changed the entire landscape for women in ALL sports.

It also includes the lines:

Bryan: In my house, I'm the idiot.
Vinny: Correct!

a big fat bunny
Oct 4, 2002

woo look at 'em gonk

Jerusalem posted:

It also includes the lines:

Bryan: In my house, I'm the idiot.
Vinny: Correct!

A great, easy to miss, part of this was, much like when Bryan raged against his Cable Company, that you can hear engineer Rob (or maybe it was Tony; doesn't he do it sometimes too?) laugh loud enough to be caught by Bryan or Vinny's mic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

has anyone else been genuinely concerned for granny’s wellbeing since the last thursday show? :ohdear: