Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Godholio posted:

Literally every .mil aircraft operating above the coordination altitude in-country since at least 2001. It's how we do EVERYTHING.

Edit: And the only thing classified about it would be tying it to open source coordinates, ie giving someone the key to decypher it.

Edit2: It's actually BRAA, the last A being "aspect." Hot, drag, beam, track direction, etc.

this was definitely a "the more you know" day for me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost

Godholio posted:

Edit2: It's actually BRAA, the last A being "aspect." Hot, drag, beam, track direction, etc.

Yes, but:

Air defenders often don't care and we drop it,* cause it matters a lot less to us than to pilots

Good luck having that much SA in DCS in an F-5E3 unless you have direct AWACS /GCI support informing it or are partnered up with an F-15C like you're a third-world airforce working alongside your USAF big brother. Until he throttles up and leaves your rear end to go play BVR games.

*Alternately some people go full tryhard dumbass and use BRASH

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017
The context here is that this is being used in a Battlefield styled first person shooter action game with near instant respawns and death and is entirely silly for that small scale of a game especially since it seems to be in reference to an area of apparently 10sq miles or whatever War Crime Syndicate said

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Nap Ghost
Ha, yeah. Investing more effort in DCS makes more sense where it can legit be a loving endeavor of half an hour or much longer just to get into the game, get your ordnance loadout set, and get to the fight. And where one clueless jerk can shoot you down on accident after all that time sink.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

mlmp08 posted:

Yes, but:

Air defenders often don't care and we drop it,* cause it matters a lot less to us than to pilots

Good luck having that much SA in DCS in an F-5E3 unless you have direct AWACS /GCI support informing it or are partnered up with an F-15C like you're a third-world airforce working alongside your USAF big brother. Until he throttles up and leaves your rear end to go play BVR games.

*Alternately some people go full tryhard dumbass and use BRASH

And to be fair if anybody's telling you about it, "hot" is assumed.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Nap Ghost

Godholio posted:

And to be fair if anybody's telling you about it, "hot" is assumed.

Ha, pretty much.

Or, in proper flyboy technique, they assume they have it, swear they have it, demand no ground person take the shot, then tell us to take the shot when it's flowing "cold" because it's now behind us and hot on all the stuff behind the air defenders.....

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

ADA appreciation drastically increases as their missile count decreases. :lol: I've been doing a lot of DCA missions lately and it's entertaining.

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

“We don’t really know where this goes — and I’m not sure we really care.”
I'm still working my way through AC Odyssey. Man this game is so ridiculously pretty. I'm 40 hours in and still new poo poo impresses me and I've only uncovered maybe a half of the map at most. Probably somewhere between a third and a half of the map so far.

More games need to copy Witcher 3. Odyssey does it and pulls it off really well.

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

EBB posted:

Sold, I wanna give that guy more money just for Papers, Please.

How far have you gotten, EBB? Or have you been able to play at all yet

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Nick Soapdish posted:

i picked it up too, it's dope as hell

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

TF CURES GENERATOR posted:

i picked it up too, it's dope as hell

I've only solved 3 passenger's fates and have 4 people in the Disappearance for the IX Escape act and I don't really know what do go besides brute forcing

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Nick Soapdish posted:

Game says I've solved six and I've seen a third to a half of the crew. Some of the scenes turn my assumptions on their head. The game is just linear enough to keep me moving forward.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

you find out more information as you continue through the story. you can then go back and update fates.

i really love the way the game shows you a scene then works backwards allowing you to piece it together.

my favourite so far is the kraken ripping and tearing, then it turns out the first appearance was when it choked out the artist at the front of the ship

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
https://youtu.be/wP2zL44r0f0

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017
jesus christ if you ddint want me to talk in voice you could just say something to me instead of doing it like this

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones
Head butted by a deer in the middle of a river in RDR2

GOTY

Nuclear Tourist
Apr 7, 2005

Late October means that it's time for my annual replaying of Amnesia: The Dark Descent, aka The Best Halloween Game.

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I think I'm the only idiot who still plays this game here, but No Man's Sky just released a big update for underwater ecosystems and exploration.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YIrCX5PomuA

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Slim Pickens posted:

I think I'm the only idiot who still plays this game here, but No Man's Sky just released a big update for underwater ecosystems and exploration.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YIrCX5PomuA

Somebody liked Subnautica

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Underwater stuff was something I wanted to do in that game. But yeah, too bad Subnautica and Ark did it first and did it better.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING
I'll give them lukewarm credit regardless.

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

I'll give them pisswarm credit regardless.

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Fallout 76 lookin real good

https://mobile.twitter.com/kotaku/status/1057418512468193281?s=21

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K1SZgRL1n4o

Reminds me of this from professional videogamesman Jeff Gerstmann talking about FO4 jank

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Y'all need to play Stories Untold:

https://store.steampowered.com/app/558420/Stories_Untold/

It's $2.50 and fairly quick, yet very well done and spooky

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

random but didn’t New Vegas have a weird bug that would delete your save

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

That kind of thing happens, but a game that deletes itself? A shameful game.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

oh I’m not trying to defend it, game looks lame

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

the physics engine is still tied to frame rate so if you turn off vsync you run at super speeds lmao

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

New Vegas had a bug that would only happen on some machines where it would render your save completely hosed.

There were some patches and poo poo that could help fix that but it was never great.

I think it was a combination of patches and having to start a new game and play through the whole intro again so it could re setup some bullshit that it deleted / corrupted, then you could go back to your save game.

It happened to my wife once in a blue moon, mine was like every second save game it happened to so I haven't played New Vegas to any great degree.

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.

not caring here posted:

New Vegas had a bug that would only happen on some machines where it would render your save completely hosed.

There were some patches and poo poo that could help fix that but it was never great.

I think it was a combination of patches and having to start a new game and play through the whole intro again so it could re setup some bullshit that it deleted / corrupted, then you could go back to your save game.

It happened to my wife once in a blue moon, mine was like every second save game it happened to so I haven't played New Vegas to any great degree.

I gave up on New Vegas after ED-E got trapped in a vault due to a bug and I was stuck with one sidekick

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017
76 doesn't even allow for PTT

:chloe:

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!
And that's why you always have at least two running saves for the same playthrough.

Redeye Flight
Mar 26, 2010

God, I'm so tired. What the hell did I post last night?

WAR CRIME SYNDICAT posted:

I gave up on New Vegas after ED-E got trapped in a vault due to a bug and I was stuck with one sidekick

Not that I'm advocating abandoning ED-E, but Rex takes up the same "nonhuman" companion slot. I also have reliable sources telling me that Rex is a good boy.

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.

Redeye Flight posted:

Not that I'm advocating abandoning ED-E, but Rex takes up the same "nonhuman" companion slot. I also have reliable sources telling me that Rex is a good boy.

The problem was you couldn't make ED-E leave the team. So you were stuck with an unusable companion slot.

Steezo
Jun 16, 2003
Now go away, or I shall taunt you a second time!

WAR CRIME SYNDICAT posted:

The problem was you couldn't make ED-E leave the team. So you were stuck with an unusable companion slot.

There was a vault elevator that would force them to teleport to you. Later they added a companion dismissal terminal to the penthouse and a couple of DLC locations.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pqjVdPtB9lU

Reverence
Nov 1, 2009

I'm surprised you didn't post this one.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=peu-3fxOy-g

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

lol oh man that’s great

Pissing off their core fanbase for sure but they are cornering the Chinese mobile market. “5.99 for 100 crystals!!!”

Smart business move probably all told? Sure they’ll make a lot more money this way. Still lame af of course

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Diablo 3 is exactly as dangerous on the Switch as I thought it would be

What an awesome port. My only complaint is that the text is way too tiny in handheld mode.