Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011

I mean am I wrong

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

statim
Sep 5, 2003

Moridin920 posted:

I look forward to "FARC II: Brazilian Bugaloo"

Urban centers (favelias), already. Otherwise hold the Maoist cheering for your fanfic. The state is nowhere near Venezuela/ Columbia in the 80s.
It's civilized so no true panic yet, its the institutional decay that is to my mind most toxic.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Grondoth posted:

I mean am I wrong
nope. the obama administration had some degree of influence in the impeachment of dilma

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

get that OUT of my face posted:

nope. the obama administration had some degree of influence in the impeachment of dilma

joepinetree made a huge-rear end post about it but i don't know if that was here or the nazi thread

Metal Cat
Dec 25, 2017

Metal Cat has issued a correction as of 05:29 on Oct 8, 2021

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

I'll sure this history degree that I still have twp semesters to get will serve me well on exile lmfao

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Plutonis posted:

I'll sure this history degree that I still have twp semesters to get will serve me well on exile lmfao

start sucking up to the most horrible people in your department and see if you can get a job as a fascism apologist

better hurry though, the early Nazi gets the worm

Negostrike
Aug 15, 2015

Plutonis posted:

Flipping burgers somewhere in bumfuck Alabama will probably beat being in Brazil next year.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

(and can't post for 25 days!)

from a few pages back, but my friend is originally from peru and he's a bit more to the left as a dem and wants people to run in areas that have been shunned by the state and national party, such as upstate new york. he also loved that fujimori slaughtered a bunch of commies in his native country

this is also something that happens with filipino-americans who support democrats here but love them some duterte

The Shining Path didn't exactly do much to earn favor in Peru.

Max Awfuls
Sep 10, 2011
It seems fitting that the National Museum burned down with Brazil's past the same year they decided to burn down their future, it's almost something out of a novel.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

Hmmm, their leader did have an academic degree...

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Plutonis posted:

Hmmm, their leader did have an academic degree...

Thinking of starting your own foco?

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

i asked somebody from peru about what he thought of fujimori and he want to really talk about it, but i could tell that it could be summed up as "it's complicated"

Negostrike
Aug 15, 2015

If someone needs a graphic designer just holler. I'm very pissed off, but I swear I get less pissed off when I'm finally outta this shithole.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Lots of cheap land in Arkansas guys.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

if you want to leave brazil, your best bet is to see if you have a connection in an expat community somewhere in the world

Cyanide Sandwich
Oct 24, 2010
Welp. If someone is in need of a programmer with a CS degree I’d love to leave. I just can’t handle the disillusionment anymore.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/CBCAlerts/status/1056692366470471682

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

by Hillary Clinton's assassins
Fallen Rib
https://twitter.com/ObamaMalik/status/1056730170957197312

Brazil legit needs someone to do a better job with the knife this time.

I know, maybe that would make things worse, but Bolsonaro will literally start death squads at the first possibility

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer
My dudes I've been trying to leave this place ever since 2016, and I have a company to sponsor my work visa. It's hard as gently caress. Try to have a plan from b-z as well.

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

Fallen Rib
https://twitter.com/folha/status/1056669355759558656

not sure if this is supposed to be pro or anti- Ustra

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Isnt his veep an actual ex junta guy

Homocow
Apr 24, 2007

Extremely bad poster!
DO NOT QUOTE!

Pillbug

Cyanide Sandwich posted:

Welp. If someone is in need of a programmer with a CS degree I’d love to leave. I just can’t handle the disillusionment anymore.
Get into information security

http://opensecuritytraining.info/Training.html

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

this article by alex hochuli is the best summary of bolsonaro by a non-greenwald western source. it's extremely lazy to compare him to trump

pathetic little tramp posted:

https://twitter.com/folha/status/1056669355759558656

not sure if this is supposed to be pro or anti- Ustra
gonna say that's extremely pro-Ustra

Ramrod Hotshot
May 30, 2003

joepinetree posted:

Not only is a huge chunk of Brazilians living abroad extremely reactionary, even the namely "liberal" ones are generally bad.

I've mentioned it this several times in the Latin American thread in D&D, but there's this subset of Brazilians who in the US root for democrats, get emotional talking about Obama, post quotes of MLK who, when it comes to Brazilian politics, are extremely reactionary. It's the "Manhattan Connection" crowd. The epitome of that are journalists like Lucia Guimaraes, who will tweet about how horrendous the police brutality in the US is, while at the same time frequently defending Alckmin and the Sao Paulo police.

this is my aunt, a Brazilian immigrant for 35ish years living in Houston, to a T. She's extremely "green", protested the pipeline when that was going on, voted for Marina Silva in the first round of this election, and then Bolsonaro in the second because she believed the Workers Party was trying to make children gay

Negostrike
Aug 15, 2015

For any brazilgoons who wants a new avatar now that the dollar's going down:

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

Fallen Rib
this person seems to have confused the word elector with voter, but i'm gonna sayyyyy I approve

https://twitter.com/RaizSujeito/status/1056733892269477888

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven
EDIT: Wrong rear end thread.

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

this person seems to have confused the word elector with voter, but i'm gonna sayyyyy I approve

should've split his skull open

Crusader
Apr 11, 2002

the trains, what about the trains

will they be on time

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

THS posted:

what is the state of the brazilian left outside the workers party

Hopefully going into hiding

Pussy Cartel
Jun 26, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/ddale8/status/1056723341028085760

:thunk:

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

from a few pages back, but my friend is originally from peru and he's a bit more to the left as a dem and wants people to run in areas that have been shunned by the state and national party, such as upstate new york. he also loved that fujimori slaughtered a bunch of commies in his native country

this is also something that happens with filipino-americans who support democrats here but love them some duterte

tbf the shining path were near khmer rouge levels of being bad. fujimori and his daughter are still lovely right wing neolibs though

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

The name change should be to Brazil ain't having elections any time soon

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

boomers, always loving boomers

Max Awfuls
Sep 10, 2011

Plutonis posted:

The name change should be to Brazil ain't having elections any time soon

If Brazil is going to democratically elect fascists, why bother with the time consuming electoral process? Don't look at "no elections" as a bad thing, think of it as a shortcut to the same inevitable destination.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

i don't approve because he didn't go far enough. we just saw the consequences of failure with that attempted assassination by stabbing

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

i cant see any result other than his brutal neoliberal program becoming insanely unpopular and he embraces full on dictatorship to hold into power.

basically macron if macron had the balls to actually declare himself a jupitarian god emperor

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Sheng-Ji Yang posted:

i cant see any result other than his brutal neoliberal program becoming insanely unpopular and he embraces full on dictatorship to hold into power.

considering how hella fixed the whole election was AND he was taking charge like 2 days before the end of the election, i think he's way ahead of you on that one