Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Data Graham posted:

The lööps fried chicken might be worth trying

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bloom
Feb 25, 2017

by sebmojo

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

My Lovely Horse posted:

Ladies and gentlemen, hello and good evening to you all at home and in the studio as it's once again time for: soup or aspic!
My money's on košeliena (or its Polish equivalent): pickled (jellied) pigs' feet.

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos

My Lovely Horse posted:

Ladies and gentlemen, hello and good evening to you all at home and in the studio as it's once again time for: soup or aspic!
Would be a hard gameshow to write rules for because sometimes the difference is just temperature.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Dienes posted:

Did we have the blue Sonic curry before? Well here it is again:

This makes a lot more sense than the one I found.

My Lovely Horse posted:

Slavic aspic.

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

Oh boy I can't wait to poop blue!

Pasketti
Nov 8, 2017

lick lick lick

MariusLecter posted:

Tasty Texas Treats - Dessert Recipe Reviews: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=17fNtTBk8F8

god drat I actually really want a slice of that Texas Yum Yum

Crust First
May 1, 2013

Wrong lads.
I don't know if it's just me but there's something about this picture that made me think of this thread.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

Crust First posted:

I don't know if it's just me but there's something about this picture that made me think of this thread.

NonzeroCircle
Apr 12, 2010

El Camino
Does anyone have a link to the original thread the Golden Corral stuff came from? I remember reading it years ago

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

Sandwich Anarchist posted:

I'm the loose cigarette

We've been over this, they're just called "cigarettes" and then you specify "cigarettes on the cob" when that's what you're talking about.

RareAcumen posted:

Huh, I thought the thread would be all over that. I have no idea either. My best guess is like, giant Kinder Surprise chocolate balls.

It looks like it'd be the equivalent of squeezing out in layers an entire bowl of those icecream topping sauces, then tossing in a few lumps of chocolate.

voiceless anal fricative has a new favorite as of 23:15 on Oct 28, 2018

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

Hitler on the left, Mussolini on the right

Re: chocolate balls on a bed of marshmallow and chocolate ooze (a la Goatse):

The chocolate balls look like brigadeiro to me. They're good, though intensely sweet. Why someone felt the need to serve them over glop is :shrug:

Looks like they made this and then topped it with brigadeiro. Why? My Portuguese is not up to discerning that.

AlbieQuirky has a new favorite as of 00:13 on Oct 29, 2018

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

bike tory posted:

We've been over this, they're just called "cigarettes" and then you specify "cigarettes on the cob" when that's what you're talking about.

I think the canonical term is “cigarettes all together”

inkblot
Feb 22, 2003

by Nyc_Tattoo

Crust First posted:

This is aggressively Eastern European.

Hedenius
Aug 23, 2007

spankmeister posted:

These are all fancy hipster brands pretending to be simple working man's beer.

Nay, the true working man's Beer beer is BEER:

Oh la di da mr. fancypants! Look at this fancy rear end can of beer that doesn't just proudly state how much alcohol it contains. Who has time to read the fine print to know exactly how drunk you'll be?

This is what a real working class drunk's beer looks like. The aptly named "fem komma tvåan" or "the five point two" and it's even sadder buddy the "sju komma tvåan" or "the seven point two". The later of which is only purchased one or two cans at a time by people who just scraped enough money together to afford it and clearly need it.

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

inkblot posted:

This is aggressively Eastern European.

That is Liza Peskova, the daughter of Putin's press secretary, and her social media manager being hosted by Ramzan Kadyrov, the head of the Chechen Republic and noted human rights violator. I'll leave it to you to figure out who is who. She posted it on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/p/BpW-9ilnE4V/

So yeah very much a snapshot of the new eastern European elite.

Per the thread, the food is "jijig-galnish" (meat with dumplings) and "chepalgash" (cheese etc things stuffed bread)

tmyk

voiceless anal fricative has a new favorite as of 01:07 on Oct 29, 2018

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

bike tory posted:

That is Liza Peskova, the daughter of Putin's press secretary, and her social media manager being hosted by Ramzan Kadyrov, the head of the Chechen Republic and noted human rights violator. I'll leave it to you to figure out who is who.

So yeah very much a snapshot of the new eastern European elite.

that's Ramzan on the right yeah?

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Hedenius posted:

Oh la di da mr. fancypants! Look at this fancy rear end can of beer that doesn't just proudly state how much alcohol it contains. Who has time to read the fine print to know exactly how drunk you'll be?

This is what a real working class drunk's beer looks like. The aptly named "fem komma tvåan" or "the five point two" and it's even sadder buddy the "sju komma tvåan" or "the seven point two". The later of which is only purchased one or two cans at a time by people who just scraped enough money together to afford it and clearly need it.

Uh, that beer has two otters high-fiving on the label. Are you even allowed to drink it without extending your pinky?

rndmnmbr
Jul 3, 2012

Hedenius posted:

7.2%, how cute.

Also conveniently the cheapest malt liquor. Used to have a guy who would come about once an hour and buy one. Would buy one, kill it in the parking lot, then walk around panhandling change to come buy his next one. Buck eighty-five plus tax.

Not to say there's nothing stronger, but it's hard to beat that cheap.

rndmnmbr has a new favorite as of 02:55 on Oct 29, 2018

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

This hails from a similar situation from my old job in Everett.

The city got tired of panhandling drunks near the Tweaker Cam area and made it illegal to sell high grav singles in that part of the city.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Data Graham posted:

The lööps fried chicken might be worth trying

Go back and look at the colour of the oil.

Tashilicious
Jul 17, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Picnic Princess posted:

Go back and look at the colour of the oil.

Just don't cook it in the poo poo you skimmed off the top of the local mcdonalds grease trap then?

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

Scathach posted:

Everett.

the Tweaker Cam area

Guesssssssing... this is somewhere on 99?

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

Code Jockey posted:

Guesssssssing... this is somewhere on 99?

Yeah my old job was across the street from the Taco Bell where people keep getting shot. My mom still lives in that neighborhood :smith:

Stink Terios
Oct 17, 2012

AlbieQuirky posted:

Hitler on the left, Mussolini on the right

Re: chocolate balls on a bed of marshmallow and chocolate ooze (a la Goatse):

The chocolate balls look like brigadeiro to me. They're good, though intensely sweet. Why someone felt the need to serve them over glop is :shrug:

Looks like they made this and then topped it with brigadeiro. Why? My Portuguese is not up to discerning that.
The recipe in your link is just melted chocolate with marshmellows on top, while the other one is half of an easter egg, filled with... a different type of marshmellow? Whipped cream? idk. And then topped with brigadeiro.

Would and then would again.

empty sea
Jul 17, 2011

gonna saddle my seahorse and float out to the sunset
I have a co-worker who is one of those picky eater people. Hates all condiments, won't eat cheese on her subs but also will only eat cheese versions of pizza or hot pockets which is very loving weird because cheese = cheese and why the gently caress would you only eat a cheese thing but then be grossed out by cheese on another thing?? Is it the temperature? I have no idea.

Cheese hot pockets are basically the food equivalent of pockets of pus. I ate one once and was very much reminded of popping an abscess. It's just white and red and runny, ugh.

Also she picks the cheese off her subs because her family "likes cheese on their subs" but she doesn't and apparently at the age of 24 and working more than 1 job she isn't able to get her own goddamn sub from Jersey Mike's without cheese. I mean, I'm cheap but that's like beyond cheap. It's taking to work a chunk of a gigantic size, left-over sub and then picking off the cheese so that you don't have to buy your own with your preferred toppings and you're a goddamn adult with more than one job and somehow ok with this?

I think it's odd she'll eat spaghetti since it's like noodles, tomato sauce and meat and presumably seasonings that's like 3 things and a flavor, you think her head would explode or something.

Chin Strap
Nov 24, 2002

I failed my TFLC Toxx, but I no longer need a double chin strap :buddy:
Pillbug

rndmnmbr posted:

7.2%, how cute.

Also conveniently the cheapest malt liquor. Used to have a guy who would come about once an hour and buy one. Would buy one, kill it in the parking lot, then walk around panhandling change to come buy his next one. Buck eighty-five plus tax.

Not to say there's nothing stronger, but it's hard to beat that cheap.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j4lTazX3asg

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

Lol this owns.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

Would eat a gallon of that at a time, especially if it's made from rice milk.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

Into my veins please

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!

Posting that in this thread is literally an act of war.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

NinjaDebugger posted:

Would eat a gallon of that at a time, especially if it's made from rice milk.

https://www.heb.com/product-detail/swoon-by-h-e-b-coconut-horchata-ice-cream/2206095

quote:

Ingredients
CREAM, MILK, SKIM MILK, SUGAR, COCONUT, WHEAT FLOUR, 2% OR LESS OF: EGG YOLKS, RICE STARCH, BUTTERMILK POWDER, NATURAL FLAVOR, CANOLA OIL, BUTTER (CREAM), SALT, CORN SYRUP, CINNAMON, WHEAT BRAN, WHEAT GERM, SODIUM BICARBONATE, HONEY, SOY LECITHIN, CAROB BEAN GUM, GUAR GUM.

Tastes like rice milk. :shrug:

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Going to need a trip report if you can. That sounds amazing.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Zil posted:

Going to need a trip report if you can. That sounds amazing.

The toasted coconut bits are the stars of the show, the ice cream is like some horchata was put through a ice cream maker.
Minus the cooked rice grains.

Perry Mason Jar
Feb 24, 2006

"Della? Take a lid"
All the posters in this Stupid Internet Club are morons, that's obviously a large Cadbury Creme Egg with smaller Cadbury Creme Eggs.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

gently caress you, ice cream maker, for putting wheat flour in a goddamned ice cream.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

Perry Mason Jar posted:

All the posters in this Stupid Internet Club are morons, that's obviously a large Cadbury Creme Egg with smaller Cadbury Creme Eggs.

Wow. Rude.

Perry Mason Jar
Feb 24, 2006

"Della? Take a lid"
I'm catching up on the thread for three pages people are very wrong about this obvious thing I'm all fired up you guys got me all fired up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Perry Mason Jar posted:

I'm catching up on the thread for three pages people are very wrong about this obvious thing I'm all fired up you guys got me all fired up.

Settle down beavis