Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Commie NedFlanders
Mar 8, 2014

I’ve been trying to avoid watching anything about this game, I intend to buy it tomorrow or Tuesday

I loved the first red dead redemption and what I remember from playing that game is how entirely different it felt when you turned off stuff like auto aim or the little GPS

I mean if you want the game to aim for you why even play at all? Why not just watch streamers if you don’t want to actually do anything or be challenged in any way?

I mean, I feel this way about just about every game I like.

The Witcher 3 is only worth playing on death march, battlefield games only on hardcore mode, PUBG only first person. poo poo even GTA a totally different experience when you turn off the map, HUD, aim assist and all the other pansy settings that basically play the game for you

Does anyone else prefer playing games in a more immersive and challenging way That’s far more satisfying to win or do y’all just wanna be lame AF

Seriously when a game has a rugged, hard, badass feel like RDR2, don’t spoil it by being coddled Through he experience

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

curlys gold
Jan 17, 2018

I just made pork chops.

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

please tell me where i can date this cute boy
yeah let me tell you playing the super badass witcher geralt of rivia is only fun when it takes like 10 hits of your expertly forged steel sword to kill some diaper wearing thug on the streets of novigrad and that same thug can one hit kill you with a piece of scrap wood he found if you forget to recast quen

Commie NedFlanders
Mar 8, 2014

The difference between Far Cry 5 with baby settings and full free aim, no HUD, hard AF mode is unbelievable

I can’t even imagine how people think it’s fun to just mindlessly, half assesly mash random buttons until the next cut scene

Commie NedFlanders
Mar 8, 2014

Big Bowie Bonanza posted:

yeah let me tell you playing the super badass witcher geralt of rivia is only fun when it takes like 10 hits of your expertly forged steel sword to kill some diaper wearing thug on the streets of novigrad and that same thug can one hit kill you with a piece of scrap wood he found if you forget to recast quen

It’s a lot more fun indeed when you can get killed in two Well placed sword strikes because then you actually have to learn how to fight and not get hit by swords like an idiot if you let them stab you, you deserve to die, duh

OMFG FURRY
Jul 10, 2006

[snarky comment]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sRkBbP-mnAk

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

haha those dark souls games are way too easy amirite????

Commie NedFlanders
Mar 8, 2014

What can possibly be satisfying about playing a game as rich and complex as the Witcher 3, with insanely deep mechanics and finely tuned gameplay if you are just an invincible tank mashing one button over and over never having to learn anything the developers spent their time building into the game.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

CNF you should post only in hardcore mode with permadeath AKA if you have a spelling or grammar error in any of your posts you get probated, and if you get probated you get permabanned

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

Commie NedFlanders posted:

What can possibly be satisfying about playing a game as rich and complex as the Witcher 3, with insanely deep mechanics and finely tuned gameplay if you are just an invincible tank mashing one button over and over never having to learn anything the developers spent their time building into the game.

witcher 3's combat is garbage on any difficulty and it's hilarious that it's like 30x easier on death march to fight actual monsters than it is humans

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

like seriously if you hold down the parry button packs of dogs literally cannot bite you

feelix
Nov 27, 2016
THE ONLY EXERCISE I AM UNFAMILIAR WITH IS EXERCISING MY ABILITY TO MAKE A POST PEOPLE WANT TO READ
Sir this is a combination KFC/Pizza Hut drive through

Commie NedFlanders
Mar 8, 2014

Another cool benefit is if you play something like battlefield on hardcore mode only, you almost never have to hear stupid 10 year old poo poo heads because stupid children can’t handle games that take any level of patience or discipline to learn they always play on easy mode with auto aim

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
I only bought the game for the horse testicles

The Dennis System
Aug 4, 2014

Nothing in Jurassic World is natural, we have always filled gaps in the genome with the DNA of other animals. And if the genetic code was pure, many of them would look quite different. But you didn't ask for reality, you asked for more teeth.
I think a lot of people play Red Dead and The Bitcher primarily for the story and not for the gameplay. I don't know why those people don't just watch TV or a movie instead, but I guess that's their business.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

the combat is trash

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

I don't really care how other people spend their time when it doesn't effect me.

Commie NedFlanders
Mar 8, 2014

I thought about streaming games sometimes to show how different these games are when you play them
Correctly but no one would ever watch my streams and I don’t want anyone staring at me while i play

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

everybody relax, i'm here
Nap Ghost
I heard the controls suck like with all rockstar games, still trying to finish AC Odyssey atm, will find out myself soon

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

The rich intricate deep gameplay cycle of parry strong light light

Commie NedFlanders
Mar 8, 2014

I watched an excellent streamer one time who played games correctly and he never said a word except for exclaiming to himself in excitement ocassjonally, it was actually cool and badass, it was incredibly cinematic and amazing to see a game played this way, it comes alive

Pissed Ape Sexist
Apr 19, 2008

I hope you find all the koroks op, it's rough but you can do it with enough old-westy chutzpah

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

The Dennis System posted:

I think a lot of people play Red Dead and The Bitcher primarily for the story and not for the gameplay. I don't know why those people don't just watch TV or a movie instead, but I guess that's their business.

maybe every game should just be featureless polygon rooms with cubes shooting at eachother if story and context is pointless

Commie NedFlanders
Mar 8, 2014

Caesar Saladin posted:

maybe every game should just be featureless polygon rooms with cubes shooting at eachother if story and context is pointless

Super hot is p sweet I agree

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

Super hot is p sweet I agree

for like, 90 minutes maybe

Pissed Ape Sexist
Apr 19, 2008

Search the rear end in a top hat of each bear for the warm secret within. Collect them all. Trade the bear a foe's ear for the privilege and watch his eyes light up. No one can say what's right or wrong out amongst the sagebrush. Ever eat a bear's rear end in a top hat, Tex? What else do you have going on right now?

20 Blunts
Jan 21, 2017
hell yeah OP if you can't turn off autoaim in RDR2 I likely won't buy it

free aim all day in RDR

TheMostFrench
Jul 12, 2009

Stop for me, it's the claw!

The magic of games is that you can go and play them again with different settings, some games even let you adjust settings on the fly.

The Dennis System
Aug 4, 2014

Nothing in Jurassic World is natural, we have always filled gaps in the genome with the DNA of other animals. And if the genetic code was pure, many of them would look quite different. But you didn't ask for reality, you asked for more teeth.

TheMostFrench posted:

The magic of games is that you can go and play them again with different settings, some games even let you adjust settings on the fly.

Except for the Souls games. They have no easy setting.

Tane
Feb 27, 2005

life is pointless so why should video games be different

Feb 2, 2016

by R. Guyovich
It's a game, I literally don't give a cunting gently caress what some other fuckwit does in it.

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY

504 posted:

It's a game, I literally don't give a cunting gently caress what some other fuckwit does in it.

I feel this way too but at the same time I'd like to throw in my agreement with the "Witcher is trash" camp.

Wall Balls
Jun 3, 2007

Spanish Castle Magic

playing video games is by definition a nerd rear end sissy activity so maybe shut the gently caress up op

kazr
Jan 28, 2005

"I play video games" - a diaper making GBS threads baby in 2018

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

https://twitter.com/ShriekingMarx/status/1056616680804225029

Cyberpunkey Monkey
Jun 23, 2003

by Nyc_Tattoo
Do you play games like these with a controller or with a keyboard and mouse, OP?

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

OP sounds loving miserable lmao

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

I'm not some sort of loving sissy pansy bitch, I'm a loving real man!

[with look of grim determination, goes to Options > Gameplay > Difficulty and switches it from 'Watch Out, Pardner,' to 'Aw Heck']

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Testosterone pumping through my veins as I turn the crosshair invisible, my neck bulging.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

The difficulty settings you use in video games is highly correlated with penis size. That’s science!

• Locked thread