Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
At least we can know that LT2012 isn't from an anime, because even anime fans would find his character too unbelievable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

Is... is your AV from an anime?

My favorite thing here is that he quoted the post and carefully removed the line asking him about if he still thinks the Booker plan is a good idea.

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

Is... is your AV from an anime?

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

A beloved classic, in fact

In my experience DSA rose people are a distinct group from Anime Communists, without all that much crossover

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord

icantfindaname posted:

A beloved classic, in fact

In my experience DSA rose people are a distinct group from Anime Communists, without all that much crossover

Has anyone anywhere actually watched Urusei Yatsura? Lum seemed to only exist in 1999 amvs

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
i'd like to remind everyone that since ron paul isn't running in 2020 anime isn't the discussion topic

Party Plane Jones fucked around with this message at 09:27 on Oct 28, 2018

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

What about Herman Cain

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

excuse me, we haven't reached the filing deadline, you don't know ron paul's not running

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
https://twitter.com/thehill/status/1056741670761496577

its the primary that never ends, it goes on and on my friends

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

If we're going to rerun 2016 can we at least get JEB! back?

Grognan
Jan 23, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Raskolnikov38 posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yBLdQ1a4-JI

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

now to be perfectly fair, her first response when asked will you run again was "no". however she then did go on to explain that america faces many foreign political problems post-trump and wouldn't you know it she's the perfect one to address those problems. and then she ends by saying she'll make a decision after the midterms

Raskolnikov38 fucked around with this message at 06:34 on Oct 29, 2018

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

I won't be worried unless suddenly other more mainsteam/center-left competitors (like Harris, Booker, Biden, etc) suddenly start dropping out. Gillibrand dropping out is slightly concerning, but it doesn't concern me too much unless it becomes part of a trend. I don't think Hillary has the influence anymore to make someone like Biden (or probably even Booker) drop out anymore.

vvv Yeah, this is another reason it doesn't really concern me.

Ytlaya fucked around with this message at 06:52 on Oct 29, 2018

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Ytlaya posted:

I won't be worried unless suddenly other more mainsteam/center-left competitors (like Harris, Booker, Biden, etc) suddenly start dropping out. Gillibrand dropping out is slightly concerning, but it doesn't concern me too much unless it becomes part of a trend. I don't think Hillary has the influence any more to make someone like Biden (or probably even Booker) drop out anymore.

For the record the bit about Gillibrand is fairly common for people with intentions to run but no desire to telegraph it until after midterm elections, so you're not going to know until it's too late anyway.

Grognan
Jan 23, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
owning the party yields some hold unless the drop of bribe money to her organizations slows her down

Pluskut Tukker
May 20, 2012

Raskolnikov38 posted:

You can breathe easy, it's just The Hill being the rag that it is:

https://twitter.com/OsitaNwanevu/status/1056708837577838592

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
Because, as we all know, a politician denying that they're running definitely means that they're not running.

Pluskut Tukker
May 20, 2012

Cerebral Bore posted:

Because, as we all know, a politician denying that they're running definitely means that they're not running.

Well, I suppose we can begin to worry if Hillary starts visiting Iowa and New Hampshire again.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Ytlaya posted:

I won't be worried unless suddenly other more mainsteam/center-left competitors (like Harris, Booker, Biden, etc) suddenly start dropping out. Gillibrand dropping out is slightly concerning, but it doesn't concern me too much unless it becomes part of a trend. I don't think Hillary has the influence anymore to make someone like Biden (or probably even Booker) drop out anymore.

vvv Yeah, this is another reason it doesn't really concern me.
Did Biden stop being anti-drug or something, why do people suddenly like him again

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Pluskut Tukker posted:

Well, I suppose we can begin to worry if Hillary starts visiting Iowa and New Hampshire again.

Given that Hillary would definitely lose to Trump again, I think we're justified in worrying until we can be absolutely certain that she isn't going to be the nominee.

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

WARNING! INTRUDERS DETECTED

mandatory lesbian posted:

Did Biden stop being anti-drug or something, why do people suddenly like him again

Nothing's changed, he's just strong in polling because he's got name recognition, Obama nostalgia, and because he hasn't actually run for anything for six years (and even further back on his own).

I am hopeful that once he's officially running that all his skeletons come tumbling out of the closet before any votes are cast, given what a creep he is in public. If all that stuff comes out during the general election, welp we're hosed.

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

mandatory lesbian posted:

Biden's rep is as the realest member of the Obama administration, who supported gay marriage while the rest of the party was doing handstands on the head of a needle about it, who never is politically correct (considered a grave liability by "experts" before 2016 happened), gave Paul Ryan the debate responses he deserved, and whose son died for our sins. His announcement that he was not running in 2016 got as much or more coverage than people announcing that they were running, so he's got the media by the balls.

Rumors that Biden could get swept up in #metoo and was right in the trenches for the Democrats' 90's shift into Contemptible Centrist Death Spiral politics are mere hearsay, friend.

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

:siren:I CANNOT EJACULATE WITHOUT SEEING NATIVE AMERICANS BRUTALISED!:siren:

Put this cum-loving slave on ignore immediately!

Raskolnikov38 posted:

Oh for gently caress's sake.

Pluskut Tukker
May 20, 2012

Cerebral Bore posted:

Given that Hillary would definitely lose to Trump again, I think we're justified in worrying until we can be absolutely certain that she isn't going to be the nominee.

I listened to the rest of the interview and Clinton talking up the possible Democratic candidates and she pretty clearly didn't include herself among them. So I feel confident enough to :toxx: that she won't run. I am wrong about poo poo all the time so that shouldn't reassure you, but at this point really almost all the noise about another possible Clinton run is coming from Republicans trying to scare their base or from lazy media and clickbait rags like The Hill.

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

Same. Toxxing that she won't run. If I lose that toxx and rereg, I further toxx she will not be the nominee.

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

Cerebral Bore posted:

Or just worrying that she acts as a spoiler and divider in the 2020 Democratic primary and keeps the party from unifying around the eventual nominee because It Was Her Turn

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer
I’m glad to see so many of you are eager to donate to Lowtax’s medical bills.

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

Tr*ckin' and F*ckin' all the way to tha
T O P

would love to live in a world where people didn't freak out every time hillary clinton said something

she's not going to run. the only thing more tiring than the hill are the people here so eagerly falling for clickbait

DynamicSloth
Jul 30, 2006

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth."
Hillary's not going to run, it doesn't fit her MO of only running from a position of unquestioned strength. If Hillary got in, she would be the 2020 Jeb!

Paracaidas
Sep 24, 2016
Consistently Tedious!
The reaction to poorly sourced or hilariously misinterpreted She's Running clickbait is fascinating to me given that the one consensus worse plausible candidate is actually running, and has an early irrelevant lead in the polls.

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

Paracaidas posted:

The reaction to poorly sourced or hilariously misinterpreted She's Running clickbait is fascinating to me given that the one consensus worse plausible candidate is actually running, and has an early irrelevant lead in the polls.

Biden?

He might be the worst candidate from a policy standpoint but he's got as good a chance of beating Trump as most of the other candidates do. He's no Bernie but, then again, who is?

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

Tr*ckin' and F*ckin' all the way to tha
T O P

nothing but respect for MY candidate *looks at paper* john delaney

QuoProQuid fucked around with this message at 14:32 on Oct 29, 2018

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

Biden?

He might be the worst candidate from a policy standpoint but he's got as good a chance of beating Trump as most of the other candidates do. He's no Bernie but, then again, who is?

I think Biden would easily lose to Trump because the way to beat Trump isn’t to out yell him. The media will still circle like vultures around Biden’s own lies and issues with touching women without consent (all while continuing to ignore Trump’s more egregious lies and assaults).

Meanwhile Biden would at every chance do anything he can to suppress Democratic base support.

Will Biden apologize for his role in mass incarceration or the war on drugs? Will he apologize and seek contrition for his support of murders by drone strike of American citizens and random people exercising? Or will he double down and try to be more tough on drugs and terrorism than Trump?

It is clear he’ll pick something closer to the latter rather than the former. Biden will run on a fundamentally conservative message of “lets return to 2008” when that’s far from sufficient for our times. A lesser conservative won’t win the general in 2020.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

Pluskut Tukker posted:

You can breathe easy, it's just The Hill being the rag that it is:

https://twitter.com/OsitaNwanevu/status/1056708837577838592

lmao i started the video and thought i was watching ronda rousey at Evolution again

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Raskolnikov38 posted:

lmao i started the video and thought i was watching ronda rousey at Evolution again

lol if you support WWE in any way

go watch your blood money ppv from Saudi arabia

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Morbid Hound

Trabisnikof posted:

It is clear he’ll pick something closer to the latter rather than the former. Biden will run on a fundamentally conservative message of “lets return to 2008” when that’s far from sufficient for our times. A lesser conservative won’t win the general in 2020.

There's a decent chance you're right and Biden certainly could lose, but I still think virtually anyone who wasn't Hillary Clinton could have beaten Trump in 2016 and could beat Trump in 2020. Trump is hideously awful and even a marginally charismatic candidate willing to make any kind of promises at all to working people would have a chance. Biden's got working-class appeal and the right-wing attack machine has never really stuck to him in the same way (probably because he's a white male).

He's definitely not the candidate I support but I don't think he'd be an absolute lost cause in the general. I mean, poo poo, I'd pick him over Eric Holder, or Bloomberg, or Tim Kaine, or a lot of other potential nominees.

He'd just do poo poo-all to excite the base or push progressive legislation so in 2024 we'd probably get another, more competent Trump because the same un-addressed social ills would still be in place. Until we get actual progressive policy enacted things are going to get worse. But I think Biden could win in 2020, it would just be only a short-term victory.

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

Biden would 100% win in 2020 but I doubt he'll be the nominee.

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

Hellblazer187 posted:

Booker will not be President ever.

I've watched a lot of Shark Tank for whatever reason and Booker is exactly as if someone like Mark Cuban if he doesn't run himself ran in the democratic party. Some feel good Compassionate / Woke Capitalism bullshit with a lot of fiddily parts that doesn't really solve the problem and that nobody, especially the electorate who its supposed to help, really understands. And also pushes a lot more money, influence, and power to capital.

Someone pointed it out and now I can't stop noticing it.

Everyone with a Rose emoji or anarchist flag in their twitter profile name has an anime avatar.

The true battle of the soul of this country is between anime communists and anime fascists

joepinetree
Apr 5, 2012
I don't think Biden will win the primary, or even come that close. He may lead in the polls, but his numbers are by far the worst of any former vice president running for a nomination. Getting mid 30s as the former vice president of a pretty popular president, without having ever faced a tough election at the top of the ticket is pretty bad. He hasn't faced any substantial attack ads or scrutiny. People like to compare his numbers to Bernie's, but Bernie has been involved in a pretty bloody primary and re-litigation of said primary for the better part of 3 years. And everyone else doesn't have the same name recognition.

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Morbid Hound

Hellblazer187 posted:

Booker will not be President ever.

Booker could easily end up as a VP pick for someone. Young, African-American, talks a good game, would bring in a lot of corporate donor support.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer
The moment Biden announces he's running people are going to start passing around collages of him inappropriately touching women a quarter of his age where they look clearly uncomfortable and he's going to crash and burn.