Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

Nyn posted:

Choke on a dick and die.

ooh, homophobia. Who would have guessed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Bilirubin posted:

ooh, homophobia. Who would have guessed

Navyman only able to think of dicks, news at 11

Also suicide requests are verboten

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

Also suicide requests are verboten

do super cool edge lords still skirt that rule by appending "(in game)"?

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

nah they just say skill urself

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Nyn posted:

Choke on a dick and die.

For a lifer you soft like johnson & johnson.

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Hexel posted:

nah they just say skill urself

are they still throwing 1488's out there like it aint no thing? It isn't REAL eve unless its lowkey nazi and casually racist.

MaxPowers
Dec 29, 2004
BL is back and in POG form! I keep hoping israd throws their hat into the BL ring. I think if I got black listed from BL I would legit have a big black doughnut lmao!

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Nyn posted:

Choke on a dick and die.

These are all rookie mistakes and clear signs of J4G.
In the olden days when this forum was absolutely crazy buzzing we would have people joining and immediately asking to join all the big guilds.

These people come under the J4G or Just 4 Game status and were usually ban on discovery.

I am not going to do that, but I do implore you to not post in this manner because I still will hand out probations. This thread has a specific way of talking with each other and is more laxed than others, so lurking for a while and understanding is what any newbie should do before joining in and at least not be combative right off the bat! :)

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

i always thought j4g stood for "join 4 guild"

perhaps i was the j4g all along

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Johnny Five-Jaces posted:

i always thought j4g stood for "join 4 guild"

perhaps i was the j4g all along

Guess what, I have been saying it wrong all this time and I am completely wrong here.

Many apologies.

Morkfang
Dec 9, 2009

I'm awesome.
:smug:
You kids these days...

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Video Graves posted:

Guess what, I have been saying it wrong all this time and I am completely wrong here.

Many apologies.

you're too nice to have had this shitbird thread as your jump off to modding

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

join4goop

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
I thought the G stranded for "goons"

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

FruitNYogurtParfait posted:

you're too nice to have had this shitbird thread as your jump off to modding

Though, if VG can manage this poo poo stack with verve and elan like he has, then he can handle anything. So, well done.

Rapulum_Dei
Sep 7, 2009
Something something assumed gender something something.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Please do not assume the gender of a kirby

Ynglaur
Oct 9, 2013

The Malta Conference, anyone?
Just saw Naz's post in r/Eve, and I kind of like his idea. Rather than nerf capitals, buff something that should be dangerous to capitals (in his example, T2 battleships).

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

I would unironically love a reason to train marauders

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Bilirubin posted:

L0cke17
Nov 29, 2013

Bilirubin posted:

I already trained Marauders and I want a reason to use my millions of wasted SP

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
cruiser sized stealth bombers that devour the hell out of caps/supers duh

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

This because anything bigger than cruisers would just get blapped by the capitals they're supposed to be "countering".

Nyn
Oct 23, 2018

Force Recons that can fling bombs would be a nice touch! 💣

jiggerypokery
Feb 1, 2012

...But I could hardly wait six months with a red hot jape like that under me belt.

Shut the gently caress up.

Xae
Jan 19, 2005

Reddit really is going all in on the idea that not being able to solo a multi-billion isk capital ship with a multi-million isk nano frigate is a "problem" that needs to be solved.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Xae posted:

Reddit really is going all in on the idea that not being able to solo a multi-billion isk capital ship with a multi-million isk nano frigate is a "problem" that needs to be solved.

Wonder what the Venn Diagram would look like between redditors saying that, and redditors saying things like "I should be able to solo entire small gangs by myself in my super, since it's so expensive" 2 or 3 years ago.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
The only thing to counter capital ships is even bigger capitals. We need a level above super capitals, super-dooper capitals that cost 1 trillion isk each and can solo a hundred Titans at once.

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!

Xae posted:

Show them this picture

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Xae posted:

It's how EVE used to be, really. You could kill a battleship with a frigate and battleships used to be stupid expensive compared to how much you could earn. Bigger didn't always mean better.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Rutibex posted:

The only thing to counter capital ships is even bigger capitals. We need a level above super capitals, super-dooper capitals that cost 1 trillion isk each and can solo a hundred Titans at once.

I still think the Palantine Keepstar should be mobile and mannable by like 50 people and can blap titans

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Rutibex posted:

ludicrous capitals!

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

I still think the Palantine Keepstar should be mobile and mannable by like 50 people and can blap titans

this reminds me of some fanfest way back where they teased POS with jump drives

i was losing my poo poo at the time because you could stuff a POS completely full of CHAs and use it move mountains in one jump

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

PLEASE LET ME WRITE YOUR VICTIM IMPACT STATEMENT SO I CAN FURTHER DEMONSTRATE THE CALAMITY THAT IS OUR JUSTICE SYSTEM.

Buglord
Is this guy actually Pups (Пупс) in disguise :thunk:

MaxPowers
Dec 29, 2004

jiggerypokery posted:

Shut the gently caress up.

I like how this is directed at absolutely nobody but I agree. I agree.

I cant find my golem loss but I was all ready to be the sub cap support of my dreams. I finally get to use this boss ship. Gonna plop down and be unkillable.

loving overkill drop by shadowcartell(??) and Im the first off the field. I never bought another golem after that.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

Ynglaur posted:

Just saw Naz's post in r/Eve, and I kind of like his idea. Rather than nerf capitals, buff something that should be dangerous to capitals (in his example, T2 battleships).

I've always liked the idea of specifically-tuned subcapital ships (Super HACs, in a way) that are designed to mount capital class weaponry (only two guns/launchers, max) with a movement or accuracy penalty, depending on the target.

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

AYYYE DEEEEE DUBBALYOO DA-NYAAAAAH!

BIG HEADLINE posted:

I've always liked the idea of specifically-tuned subcapital ships (Super HACs, in a way) that are designed to mount capital class weaponry (only two guns/launchers, max).

So larger bombers

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

BIG HEADLINE posted:

I've always liked the idea of specifically-tuned subcapital ships (Super HACs, in a way) that are designed to mount capital class weaponry (only two guns/launchers, max) with a movement or accuracy penalty, depending on the target.

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

BIG HEADLINE posted:

gwrtheyrn posted:

So larger bombers

Cruiser hull capable of fitting citadel torpedoes, and maybe some gimmick module to make it all but immune to fighters specifically so it can still be easily tracked by other subcapitals but not get eaten by fighter swarms.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neuntausend
Sep 11, 2012

Wir werden alle sterben.
Is anyone here interested in Highsec structure shooting? (I know you are, it's the best part of Eve, right?)

I haven't played in a while, and just recently got into the game again. A couple of dudes and I decided to try Highsec wardecs again, and now we kind of sort of ended up in a situation where we threatened to kill a large Upwell structure and may or may not be able to, depending on how things develop until it comes out for the structure timer.

It's a silly, unimportant little scuffle, but perhaps some of you guys would be willing to lend a hand?