Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

If it wasn't for disappointment
I wouldn't have any appointment

Grimey Drawer

X-Ray Pecs posted:

Oh god yeah, I’ve been playing through the Pokémon games with my girlfriend (she’s the one who got me back into it), and she said SoulSilver (which she has a copy of) is one of her favorites, and i checked amazon and found I could get a copy of HeartGold for roughly $300, and was like yeah no.

Pretty much. The cheapest I've found it was like $45 used without a case & pokewalker. I should have pulled the trigger on it, but I can't justify buying a game at $45+ unless I know that I'm going to start playing it immediately. And I'm not. I have a ton of other games I could play. And like half a dozen projects to work on instead of playing a game.

But I loved Pokemon Silver.

Budgie Jumping posted:

I'm playing shin megami tensei nocturne and it's like pokemon's angsty goth older brother. It owns.

Absolutely. And the Persona subseries is the goth older sister's soap opera. I love it.

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

Homie if you have ant kind of handheld that can emulate a gba you should play Emerald. A PSP a vitamin a 3ds that you've jailbroken anything

Failing that the 3ds remakes of gen 3 are good but really you should play Emerald

Hm. I'll look into my options.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

I was on a big pokemon kick a couple years back, replaying through yellow and silver and having a great old time. I got a bit excited and bought copies of the other gens, then played into gen 3 for a couple hours and lost all interest. I dunno, I think it changed just enough that I don't dig it anymore. The minigames, the more talking, the different art direction. I don't think it's just nostalgia that makes me enjoy those old ones...

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

3 more days

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wfTrxobd-pY

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Where do you go for buying used games? Surely Amazon and GameStop can't be the best option. I guess eBay, but there has to be something besides those three nowadays.

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

Grimey Drawer

I thought it was going to be this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W7-uC0LDllM

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

I'd recommend a 2DS for emulation anything Nintendo.

Carly Gay Dead Son
Aug 27, 2007

Bonus.

Franchescanado posted:

Where do you go for buying used games? Surely Amazon and GameStop can't be the best option. I guess eBay, but there has to be something besides those three nowadays.

You mean online or brick and mortar?

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Budgie Jumping posted:

You mean online or brick and mortar?

Online. I have a few local business I search but they're very hit/miss.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Franchescanado posted:

Amazon can be bullshit but for something as common as Pokemon you can probably get really decent prices.

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~
https://twitter.com/thewrap/status/1056945297513885696

that’s gonna be a yikes from me, fam

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

Just watched the first episode of inside no 9. Wow.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

I know what you did last summer, and frankly I am displeased.

Count Chocula posted:

My strongest memory is ignoring my middle school ‘girlfriend’ to play Pokémon Yellow.

It was a preview of things to come.

Absolutely everything is wrong with this.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

this sure is a sentence

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

*Charles Bronson voice*

Yikes.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Franchescanado posted:

I'd love to play SoulSilver if it weren't so friggen expensive.

Wait what? I sold my copy when I was done with it years ago, is it ridiculously rare now? Can't it be emulated with DraStic?

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

oh my

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

I've never watched Girls or paid attention to whatever Lena Dunham does besides that, so this series of posts make it almost sound like she's the devil incarnate.

Now, please don't explain why you dislike her or think she's unsuitable for this. In this case I enjoy my ignorance, it's quite amusing (seriously, I'm not being sarcastic here).

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Mierenneuker posted:

I've never watched Girls or paid attention to whatever Lena Dunham does besides that, so this series of posts make it almost sound like she's the devil incarnate.

Now, please don't explain why you dislike her or think she's unsuitable for this. In this case I enjoy my ignorance, it's quite amusing (seriously, I'm not being sarcastic here).

I actually kinda liked what I saw of Girls, but she is very much White Feminism personified. It's another case of white people telling PoC stories, are we supposed to believe there's literally no one of color capable of telling this story?

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

*shoves cotton in ears*

NANANANANANA-NOT LISTENING-NANANANANANANA

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

Grimey Drawer

precision posted:

Wait what? I sold my copy when I was done with it years ago, is it ridiculously rare now? Can't it be emulated with DraStic?

Just the cartridge is anywhere from $45-$65. With Case and manual, you're looking at at least $100. It can go up to $300 if it has the Walker thing and box.

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy
e: hah, i literally read "don't" as "do".

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Franchescanado posted:

Just the cartridge is anywhere from $45-$65. With Case and manual, you're looking at at least $100. It can go up to $300 if it has the Walker thing and box.

Lmao, when I sold mine to Gamestop they wouldn't even take the pokewalker. I bet they feel dumb now.

I might actually still have it around here somewhere

TrixRabbi
Aug 20, 2010

Time for a little robot chauvinism!

Every couple years I get the Pokemon urge and I just recently went out and bought a used copy of Pokemon X. Never played X/Y and it's pretty fun but omg the camera is terrible.

I got one of these weird rear end things right now though and he's real and strong and he's my friend:

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

I saw she was trending and didn't bother finding out why, and now I regret it, lol.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Riverdale > Vampironica > Sabrina TV Show > Sabrina Comic > Afterlife With Archie > Jughead: the Hunger

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat

bushisms.txt posted:

Just watched the first episode of inside no 9. Wow.

I just came here to follow up on a previous post about Inside No 9. It's by two of the men behind the League of Gentlemen, if that's familiar to any of you. It combines the same humour, darkness, horror, comedy, absurdity and grotesquerie that LOG did, but not to quite the same degree. Each episode is a self-contained story, and they vary quite a lot in tone, from comedy, to horror, to absurdity, and pathos. I don't think any are bad, a lot are good, and some are really excellent. I think a lot of people here would really enjoy and appreciate them.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Franchescanado posted:

THPS had to have issues with the soundtrack rights. And THPS2 was designed with analog sticks in mind, if I recall correctly.

It didn't even occur to me that this might be why there's no decent digital re-release. I know that THPS HD came out for PS3 but it was EXTEREMLY barebones.

El Gallinero Gros fucked around with this message at 20:49 on Oct 29, 2018

ChickenMedium
Sep 2, 2001
Forum Veteran And Professor Emeritus of Condiment Studies
Really looking forward to a movie about how the Syrian refugee crisis makes upper-class white women feel.

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012

El Gallinero Gros posted:

It didn't even occur to me that this might be why there's no decent digital re-release. I know that THPS HD came out for PS3 but it was EXTEREMLY barebones.

that one just played like garbage , but ya they replaced like half the soudntrack too

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

Skwirl posted:

I actually kinda liked what I saw of Girls, but she is very much White Feminism personified. It's another case of white people telling PoC stories, are we supposed to believe there's literally no one of color capable of telling this story?

I loved that show until I found out that her character isn't a spot on commentary on lovely people like her it's just her.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Hat Thoughts posted:

that one just played like garbage , but ya they replaced like half the soudntrack too

Still wasn't as bad the new one, good god it was bad

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Girls is Entourage with the genders reversed

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

If you want a vision of the future...

CPL593H posted:

I loved that show until I found out that her character isn't a spot on commentary on lovely people like her it's just her.

It's like Always Sunny if the gang were presented as unabashed protagonists. Excruciating.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

Mechafunkzilla posted:

It's like Always Sunny if the gang were presented as unabashed protagonists. Excruciating.

Yeah, it's super gross.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

TrixRabbi posted:

Every couple years I get the Pokemon urge and I just recently went out and bought a used copy of Pokemon X. Never played X/Y and it's pretty fun but omg the camera is terrible.

For some reason X/Y didn't grab me and I'd say they're my last favorite of the games outside of Gen 1.

Ultra Moon however is gaming nirvana, holy poo poo it's good and filled with great old mons in addition to cool new ones and the camera is legit amazing.

I forgot how strong :psyduck: is, even before evolving. Between him and the laughably OP Cutiefly I hardly ever use anyone else

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Did Girls give us Adam Driver? If so it was worth it IMO

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

I appreciate the Sun/Moon games for what they do right but holy crap do I hate how hand holdy they are.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

CelticPredator posted:

I'm inclined to agree but this is like one of those old folk tales about making a deal with the devil where getting the good thing comes with a horrible price.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

CelticPredator posted:

He's the best part of the show.

I hated most of its seasons but, I think it was season 4?, was actually great. In spite of Dunham who is terribly unfunny

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Was Lena Dunham the one who said she wanted to get pregnant so she could have an abortion to demonstrate her pro-choice convictions or is that somebody else?

• Locked thread