Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hippieman
May 8, 2004

Butcher of Song
Luke smith refuses to answer me:

https://twitter.com/hippiemanx/status/937790482385657856

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

I refuse to believe that if Guardians were doing Iron Banner in the old days to get pumped up, they just immediately went to bed after.

hippieman
May 8, 2004

Butcher of Song
With the ghosts and endless resurrections, there had to be a lot of choking and autoerotic asphyxiation

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

Honestly the person I couldn’t stand the most was Ana Brey. 90% of her dialogue in the story missions made her sound like a 10 year old asking to keep a puppy

[In cartoon child voice] I don't even want to know what a monster god eats.

Emron fucked around with this message at 19:03 on Oct 29, 2018

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

shaxx and mara did the dirty

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

That Mara Sov/Shaxx lore confirms it, Guardians gently caress

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Do you have concrete examples of game changes that came from Reddit?

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

By far the most shameful clip in savathun's is from ghost.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RJqRHVlJIcI&t=233s

Jesus loving christ Nolan, do you not know what a question mark means?

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

So there's a guy that just sells exotics? Is this mentioned in game anywhere or are you supposed to just stumble across him. Also every site I've looked at seems to think fighting lion is a random drop but I feel like it was just given to me for free at the start of the Halloween event.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

The writing from vanilla and the expansions was so god damned bad and it’s always a good bit of fun to lol at the dramatically cheesy tone and terrible structure when doing the old content for a milestone or whatever

Yeah, there's nothing really in D2 vanilla that's as good-cheesy as killing Crota's soul or OMNIGUUUUUUUUL

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

rodbeard posted:

So there's a guy that just sells exotics? Is this mentioned in game anywhere or are you supposed to just stumble across him. Also every site I've looked at seems to think fighting lion is a random drop but I feel like it was just given to me for free at the start of the Halloween event.

In Y1 they’d announce Xur but for Y2 he’s patched to no longer be announced and not to have a map icon because he’s mysterious. He only sells Y1 exotica, so he exists spilt to help people who didn’t play Y1 to get caught up on the exotics they missed.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

rodbeard posted:

So there's a guy that just sells exotics? Is this mentioned in game anywhere or are you supposed to just stumble across him.

The latter. The game used to point him out but that was removed in Forsaken; you're supposed to rely on the D2 community to find him. He doesn't have much of value for veteran players so he doesn't get a lot of column inches any more.

quote:

Also every site I've looked at seems to think fighting lion is a random drop but I feel like it was just given to me for free at the start of the Halloween event.

Before and presumably after the Halloween event it's a random drop, they gave it to everyone for free in the event because one of the event prizes is an upgrade for it.

hippieman
May 8, 2004

Butcher of Song

Bust Rodd posted:

Do you have concrete examples of game changes that came from Reddit?

The changes from Bounties to Destination challenges more or less has a direct line to Reddit bitching about having to fly to different destinations to get bounties (Tower, Reef & Iron Banner Mountain).

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005
You'll be able to upgrade the catalyst after the event ends right? My PS4 has been making GBS threads the bed over the past few weeks, ejecting the disc at random and all the fixes aren't working anymore so I got pretty bored of playing and getting kicked out halfway through an activity most of the time. Going to try and power through to get the Horror Story at some point this week if I can be arsed.

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

hippieman posted:

The changes from Bounties to Destination challenges more or less has a direct line to Reddit bitching about having to fly to different destinations to get bounties (Tower, Reef & Iron Banner Mountain).

They should put a special bounty board in with all available bounties in... the farm.

yamdankee
Jan 23, 2005

~anderoid fragmentation~

That was a fun match!

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

hippieman posted:

Also the change back to Bounties is a direct change by reddit request.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Also the change back to Bounties is a direct change by reddit request.

galaxy brain bungie: we'll put the bounties back in, but spread them across every single zone and force you to cross the tower three times to get them all.

destiny players: matrix "not like this, not like this" gif.

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

How much grinding would I have to do to get a horror story? I haven't played much recently and I'm still sitting at 520ish LL so I figured getting the rifle would be a quick way to help boost/catch up a little?

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

omg chael crash posted:

How much grinding would I have to do to get a horror story? I haven't played much recently and I'm still sitting at 520ish LL so I figured getting the rifle would be a quick way to help boost/catch up a little?

Technically you could do it in one day in about 5 hours if you just ran the Haunted Forest over and over and over.

finishing the Weekly Bounty (do 15x daily bounties in one week) gets you 40 of the 120 souls you need. I recommend finishing up today's 5 bounties but DON'T hand them in until tomorrow, then you'll be at 5/15 for the week.

Then it's a matter of playing for an hourish 2-3 days in a row and it's yours.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

omg chael crash posted:

I got it in about a week of doing 1-3 forest runs per day. So I'll rate it as a "slight grind."

I think a branch 7 clear is 10 souls, and I think the minimum souls given is 5. So figure it out from there.. you need 120.

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

omg chael crash posted:

It's not bad. If you have 3 characters (above 200 LL) you can just do the weekly bounty on all 3 to get 120. Might be quicker to just grind and get like 15 an hour, I'm not sure.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
You ready to bang knuckles?!

https://i.imgur.com/k2pkSLo.gifv

Tei
Feb 19, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 15 hours!

:-o
: - O
: - ( )

30 TO 50 FERAL HOG
Mar 2, 2005

im the guy emoting with the primevil at 2% thinking they had it in the bag

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Bone krew rolls hard

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

I’m here to kill primevils and gently caress echidnas, and well it looks like we’re all out of primevils to kill.

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.

BIGFOOT EROTICA posted:

its insanely hilarious how posting an idea and it getting to the front of the destiny reddit gives you a 50/50 chance of it being implemented

they have no internal vision for the game at all. just look at launch destiny 2, take everythign you learned from d1 and what made it good and just throw it away

I posted a two sentence suggestion to make the chaos beam more like Ghostbusters last week and it got to the top half of the front page for several days

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Bone Krew is typically topping the charts, it's true

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Bone Krew is typically topping the charts, it's true

we've told you this before, the fbi top ten is not a chart you want to be on

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

thebardyspoon posted:

You'll be able to upgrade the catalyst after the event ends right?
I assume so because you can do ANY bounty for the upgrade, not just the Festival bounties.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
Bungie would never lock catalyst progression behind a time limited event, that’s reta...*looks at my sweet business*

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

Bungie would never lock catalyst progression behind a time limited event, that’s reta...*looks at my sweet business*

Fear not, friend, for they will be obtainable from Arm's Day, coming this December as part of Black Armory, first installment in the $29.99 Annual Pass !

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
Xur gave me the loving claws for my random exotic. The same claws hes already offering.

I played myself

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

omg chael crash posted:

Even with semi retarded pubbies I've dragged them kicking and screaming to a level 7 running melting point, ikelos shotty and sleeper.

That gets you 7 tokens. I pretty much just did whatever bounties were easy and did a run a day. I need two more runs to get it finished. You've got a week so 55 total just from the weekly plus the requirement to do the weekly so probably 10 or 11 runs on top.

Do 2 a day I guess plus the bounties and it'll be yours.

If your power level is sub 580 it's probably worth doing just to give you a bit of boost to make your milestones worth while.

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

It's definitely worth the relatively short grind for the Horror Story. Before I had a 570 titan and the other characters much lower. With the boost I got all my characters to 590/587/586 in just over a week, and that's doing almost everything but Crucible/Raid/Gambit, and only 1 daily strike. It's nice to be able to do all the Dreaming City stuff now. I should try the raid at some point.

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

https://youtu.be/i-fMCj2lhR8

Ok

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Doesn't happen on Xbox so maybe that's it.

Springfield Fatts
May 24, 2010
Pillbug
When does the spooky murder mystery go live (I'm in a weird time zone)?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

Today. Tuesday 1 PM EST is the usual reset but there's a patch happening so it might be later.