Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

thebardyspoon posted:

Isn't Hawkes Bay pretty likely to just be the tutorial level? Equivalent of the ICA training boat/hangar thing from 1? It just mentions a beach house in the description from last week so I assumed it'd be pretty small scale.

It was also at the top of the location list, which made me think the same.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum
We also know the "names" of each of the first three main missions (as opposed to the location): Hawke's Bay is Nightcall, Miami is The Finish Line, and Santa Fortuna is Three-Headed Serpent. The later names aren't known yet and are probably spoilers since something happens in the story apparently just from the pre-release info and trailers.

thebardyspoon posted:

Isn't Hawkes Bay pretty likely to just be the tutorial level? Equivalent of the ICA training boat/hangar thing from 1? It just mentions a beach house in the description from last week so I assumed it'd be pretty small scale.
Most likely, yes. Whether it will be a "true" tutorial on the same scale as the one in the first game I don't know. I suspect it'll be a more involved version of The Final Test, so that contracts can still be made for it though without the variety of later levels.

Miami will be the Paris of 2, the first "real" level despite not technically being the actual first level.

Nakar fucked around with this message at 19:04 on Oct 29, 2018

WindyMan
Mar 21, 2002

Respect the power of the wind

Nakar posted:

Most likely, yes. Whether it will be a "true" tutorial on the same scale as the one in the first game I don't know. I suspect it'll be a more involved version of The Final Test, so that contracts can still be made for it though without the variety of later levels.

There would be no need for a tutorial/training mission in Hitman 2 since all the levels from HITMAN™ will be included in the game. No reason to believe they wouldn't keep the ICA hanger as the primary training mission. Though you might still have the need for one with all the new gameplay differences (mirrors, briefcase) and such.

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

WindyMan posted:

There would be no need for a tutorial/training mission in Hitman 2 since all the levels from HITMAN™ will be included in the game. No reason to believe they wouldn't keep the ICA hanger as the primary training mission. Though you might still have the need for one with all the new gameplay differences (mirrors, briefcase) and such.

They're all included in full? I can delete Hitman 1 off my hard drive?

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

They're only included if you own the first game, I'm pretty sure.

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010

Mantis42 posted:

They're only included if you own the first game, I'm pretty sure.

This is correct. The guide linked earlier explains that the Legacy Pack will only be available for free if you own all six episodes and the Bonus Episode of season 1, and will be upgraded to include Patient Zero if you own the GOTY Edition content.

So Hitman 2 would indeed need a tutorial of its own.

WindyMan
Mar 21, 2002

Pirate Jet posted:

So Hitman 2 would indeed need a tutorial of its own.

Nah, it still wouldn't "need" it. No reason to believe that they wouldn't just include the first season tutorial in Hitman 2. If you already have Hitman 1, why would need a tutorial again in Hitman 2 for all the basics covered in Hitman 1? If you don't have Hitman 1, why would they lock Hitman 1's tutorial behind a paywall?

We might just have an "Extra Test" added on to the end of Hitman 1's tutorial, as was suggested previously, available to everyone.

Clanpot Shake
Aug 10, 2006
shake shake!

WindyMan posted:

Mirrors? What?

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

Clanpot Shake posted:

Mirrors? What?
NPCs can actually see your reflection in mirrors now, which can complicate, say, subduing someone in a bathroom.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Clanpot Shake posted:

Mirrors? What?

People looking into mirrors can now see the sinister bald man with a fire ax behind them.

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

that would make the Paris bathrooms almost unusable given the positioning of mirrors and closets there, I do hope mirror detection is disabled for the season 1 maps.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

double nine posted:

that would make the Paris bathrooms almost unusable given the positioning of mirrors and closets there, I do hope mirror detection is disabled for the season 1 maps.

Mirror detection was one of the key points they said they were adding to the S1 maps, with the bathrooms being the key illustration.

Rookoo
Jul 24, 2007

Pilchenstein posted:

I'd much rather they use the same voice actors (who are pretty good at making the dialogue funny, let's be honest) over and over than spend half the budget on hiring new people for every location just so the accents would be accurate. Plus, trying to make the accents "authentic" got us the tutorial level of Blood Money and I think we can all agree we're better off not doing that again. :v:

Aye I suppose, it's just that this "isle of sgail" sounds like it could be a Scottish island if it's in the north sea, and hearing Kenny's voice come out of a weather beaten, dour faced islander in a bunnet would be extremely jarring/hilarious to me; a Scottish fella.

The Cheshire Cat
Jun 10, 2008

Fun Shoe

njsykora posted:

Mirror detection was one of the key points they said they were adding to the S1 maps, with the bathrooms being the key illustration.

I expect there's still going to be some level of "attention" or something when it comes to mirrors. If someone is washing their hands, they aren't actually looking directly into the mirror (although they will be when they are approaching the sink). So it'd come down to timing if you want to follow someone into the bathroom - you can't just tailgate them anymore, you have to wait until they're actually distracted by something.

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum
This was explicitly addressed on a stream: If you're in a Paris bathroom hiding in a cabinet and an NPC walks in and is facing the mirror, you have enough of a window to get out of the cabinet and crouch down and go unnoticed (since the Paris bathroom mirrors do not extend all the way to the floor). NPCs will presumably be quicker to notice you in the mirror if you're armed or something but they won't react 100% realistically in order to give you an opportunity to duck out of sight.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
https://twitter.com/IOInteractive/status/1056932581470597121

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

is anything known about the file size? my HDD does not have infinite space and season 1 was pretty goddamn demanding iirc.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Worth remembering that after people turn taps off, they have to mop up the puddle. Waiting for them to duck down to do that before you get out of the box will add a couple more seconds at most. The main difference I can see on Paris is if you've got into the first floor toilets near the official staircase up to the auction in your suit. In Hitman 1 you can KO three people per room, two bodies stashed in the closet and one left on the floor. Since mirrors don't work, you can cover behind the door and the third guy won't see you as he comes in. In 2, you'll need an open closet space to stay undetected until they start mopping, so you can only hit two men per toilet, unless I'm missing something about the way it works. You might just need to be more sneaky, I guess it'll depend on how the mirror visibility works out.

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum

Dabir posted:

Worth remembering that after people turn taps off, they have to mop up the puddle. Waiting for them to duck down to do that before you get out of the box will add a couple more seconds at most. The main difference I can see on Paris is if you've got into the first floor toilets near the official staircase up to the auction in your suit. In Hitman 1 you can KO three people per room, two bodies stashed in the closet and one left on the floor. Since mirrors don't work, you can cover behind the door and the third guy won't see you as he comes in. In 2, you'll need an open closet space to stay undetected until they start mopping, so you can only hit two men per toilet, unless I'm missing something about the way it works. You might just need to be more sneaky, I guess it'll depend on how the mirror visibility works out.
You should never need to knock that many people out, honestly, but if you did there are still ways to do it. Figure out which direction the door swings and press up against the wall so that it opens to conceal you somewhat, crouch as soon as the third person walks past you, and stay behind them as they clean up before taking them down once they're done mopping. Should work even better under the new AI rules as NPCs are supposedly less perceptive when fixated on something, meaning they should be eyes forward toward the sink rather than looking to their left or right as they enter the bathroom.

We'll see though. The mirrors may not work as smoothly as IO thinks they do when put through a lot of player tomfoolery. One thing I wonder is whether they can see things other than 47. If I put a breaching charge on the wall behind a mirror, would the NPC notice the weapon there?

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

Nakar posted:

You should never need to knock that many people out, honestly

:unsmigghh:

I'm really bad with my score because I love going out of my way to KO and/or kill as many people as possible in any given run.

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

Also there are escalations/user contracts that do feature bathroom-adjacent npc targets

Seedge
Jun 15, 2009
Hey, buddy. :glomp:

There's a new video up with the title of Hitman Perfected. It mentions Predator themed challenges.

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum
The trailer suggests (but doesn't outright state) that NPCs see worse in the dark. That could be interesting.

Also the briefcase may be coming to Season One, but I'm not sure what the point of that is once Hitman 2 is out because I don't plan to be playing the first game again instead of just playing S1 content in the new game. :shrug:

ixnay
Jun 11, 2002

rainbow dash why are you making such a cool face?!
The list of trophies for the game is out: https://www.truetrophies.com/game/HITMAN-2/trophies and it reveals a few things:

• Looks like the ICA facility tutorial is back with the same missions as season 1
  • All the legacy levels have their trophies from season 1 brought back as well
  • Opportunities are renamed "Mission Stories"
  • Hawke's Bay is probably a smaller level with fewer things since the mastery trophy is awarded at level 5

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

It's both thrilling and terrifying.

Nakar posted:

Also the briefcase may be coming to Season One, but I'm not sure what the point of that is once Hitman 2 is out because I don't plan to be playing the first game again instead of just playing S1 content in the new game. :shrug:

For people who own S1 but aren't planning to buy Hitman 2?

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

Nakar posted:

The trailer suggests (but doesn't outright state) that NPCs see worse in the dark. That could be interesting.

It's me, I'll enjoy replaying those maps. I really appreciate that they're updating the S1 content, too - it shows love for players who come later to the game.

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."
If the ICA facility is back I hope they let us do loadouts in there. I had a lot of fun on that cardboard cruise ship and military base but would have had more in a cowboy outfit with explosive ducks.

StrixNebulosa posted:

It's me, I'll enjoy replaying those maps. I really appreciate that they're updating the S1 content, too - it shows love for players who come later to the game.

I think he means why would you play S1 levels from the base game instead of inside the slightly improved S2 engine instead?

qbert posted:

For people who own S1 but aren't planning to buy Hitman 2?

Should we really reward quitters like that :colbert:

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

Nakar posted:

We also know the "names" of each of the first three main missions (as opposed to the location): Hawke's Bay is Nightcall, Miami is The Finish Line, and Santa Fortuna is Three-Headed Serpent. The later names aren't known yet and are probably spoilers since something happens in the story apparently just from the pre-release info and trailers.

The trophy list reveals the missing names:

Mumbai: Chasing A Ghost
Whittleton Creek: Another Life
Sgail: The Ark Society

WindyMan
Mar 21, 2002

AceOfFlames posted:

Whittleton Creek: Another Life

hnnnnnng

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum
Interesting note for those worried that Hawke's Bay might be a tutorial level, or at least be limited like one: There is a trophy that reads "Select a Starting Location and use an Agency Pickup to smuggle an item into Hawke's Bay." That means there may be multiple starting locations and definitely will be loadouts on the map, because you can't satisfy this unless there's loadout access and at least one starting + smuggle point.

EDIT: Also, one trophy for Sniper Assassin mode requires completing the mission in co-op, but that appears to be the only multiplayer-required trophy. An issue for people who just hate playing with other people, I guess (but you just have to finish the map, not SA it). No trophies for Ghost Mode.

Nakar fucked around with this message at 01:02 on Oct 31, 2018

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe
Glad Hawke’s Bay is looking to be somewhat substantial, it’s so drat cool looking.

The Narrator
Aug 11, 2011

bernie would have won

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Video games have a storied history of really, really bad accents, I figure they wanted to dodge that bullet and make incidental dialogue easy to understand.

Interesting that we get a New Zealand location, wasn't the ecoterrorist leader in Colorado from New Zealand?

It's from the last page but I just have to comment :australia: Sean Rose is Australian. In the briefing Diane also mentions he was implicated in a bombing of a government building in Auckland, so that might've been it.

Hello thread! I bought HITMAN tm back in 2016 when the first ep was released, subsequently played it a little bit more, then dropped off after not being able/not having the patience to finish Morocco. About a month or two ago I was bored and decided to check out Hitman again (playing along with the Giant Bomb videos from way back, though they're infuriating to watch once you have a basic familiarity with the game), and have pretty much spent all my video game time since then playing this game. It's really, really good, but you all probably know that. I really regret that the game didn't seem to click for me back in the day; I think I had been playing a lot of MGSV at the time and was frustrated that the stealth wasn't alike. Once realising that it's a puzzle game, and that the predictability and simplicity of the AIs is the *point*, however, it made so much more sense. It rules that IOI was able to get out from under SE and continue the series. Needless to say that Hitman 2 has been my most anticipated game of late, probably even more than RDR2 to be honest, and I'm very keen to be on the ground floor.

I didn't think that Hawke's Bay would be a tutorial level. Seeing as they've made lighting affect the AI view range, I figured you could probably get away with some neat stuff on a big beach with dunes at night, as well as the (I imagine) mansion-esque beach house.

The Narrator fucked around with this message at 01:56 on Oct 31, 2018

Rookoo
Jul 24, 2007
Is it possible to check if your silent assassin rating has been sunk? I feel like i’m being spotted by a camera in sapienza but i’m too busy sneaking to notice the message, and once it’s gone it’s gone. I could empty the level of tapes but it’s easier said than done in your suit.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

You can delete the tape even if that happens, but that probably won't work in 2 if you're trespassing when you do it.

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

So your plan is for half of us to die?

Hot Rope Guy

Rookoo posted:

Is it possible to check if your silent assassin rating has been sunk? I feel like i’m being spotted by a camera in sapienza but i’m too busy sneaking to notice the message, and once it’s gone it’s gone. I could empty the level of tapes but it’s easier said than done in your suit.
There are about four different security stations in Sapienza, so if speed isn't a concern you could go bust up the one in the clock tower (which is pretty easy to get to in a suit) and then go do the objectives.

Catalyst-proof
May 11, 2011

better waste some time with you

Pilchenstein posted:

There are about four different security stations in Sapienza, so if speed isn't a concern you could go bust up the one in the clock tower (which is pretty easy to get to in a suit) and then go do the objectives.

If it's in professional mode that may not necessarily take out the right camera system, though, right?

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum

Catalyst-proof posted:

If it's in professional mode that may not necessarily take out the right camera system, though, right?
Cameras remain linked on Pro, but the easy ones in the tower and church basement are removed I think. Only the ones in the mansion and lab exist.

To answer the question, no there's no way in the first game to be sure if you're blown outside of optional objectives on a custom contract. Might be improved in 2 but we don't know.

Lollerich
Mar 25, 2004

The little doctors are back,
they want to play with you!
Look at this loving poo poo:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=US-NAniUn28

Very impressive imho

WindyMan
Mar 21, 2002

Lollerich posted:

Look at this loving poo poo:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=US-NAniUn28

Very impressive imho

This is the first time I have seen the route from the loading garage to the hot spring and I wish I had known about it before

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

Hi I'm angry that the 100 dollar pc version doesn't come with the extra ducky and black suit. Theres no way to get them on pc because they are part of the console exclusive collectors edition.