Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Grant DaNasty
Jul 17, 2006

Caesarian Sectarian posted:

Funkos are good!

Correction: Funkos are good only as office cubicle decorations because if someone steals them it doesn’t matter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CRAYON
Feb 13, 2006

In the year 3000..

Hmm, I might see if my local Target got any new Neca Godzilla figures. Last time I checked their selection was very small.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

CRAYON posted:

Hmm, I might see if my local Target got any new Neca Godzilla figures. Last time I checked their selection was very small.

My problem is they sell out so fast at Target. Was at one last week and they had the Atomic Blasts versions of Shin and GMK(?), along with a couple of different Predators, Gizmo, and Jason V. Was there today and and 1 Gizmo was left.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

Laurie from the new Halloween

http://news.toyark.com/2018/10/31/halloween-2018-laurie-strode-figure-revealed-by-neca-322342

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

That’s loving awesome.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Nevermind!

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
Aw man, Mafex Gwen is pretty much perfect. All I'd change is making her unmasked head not look quite so gormless, the masked ones have much better expressions.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

Mondo's Skeletor:

http://news.toyark.com/2018/11/01/pre-orders-live-for-mondos-masters-of-the-universe-skeletor-1-6-scale-figure-322513

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

Review of McFarlane's Captain Kirk:

https://iearths.blogspot.com/2018/10/infinite-earths-reviews-mcfarlane-toys.html

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

It definitely looks better than the Picard figure. The likeness on that one misses the mark by quite some margin.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund
Weeks,looking at McFarlane articulation is like time warping to the 90s.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
I found at Krogers for 60 cents or so after the 70% on Halloween stuff this cool posable skeleton. A tad tall, but honestly it so cool that I might go pick up a few more.

Vaporware
May 22, 2004

Still not here yet.
I heard that's an upscaled pose skeleton by re-ment.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Vaporware posted:

I heard that's an upscaled pose skeleton by re-ment.

Wouldn't be surprised me. Doesn't matter since it only 80 cents (I checked the receipt) and just a great little figure at that price.

Invicta{HOG}, M.D.
Jan 16, 2002
Sideshow notified me Palpatine ships this week. Still on waitlist for Tarkin.

Where's Bespin Lando?

S.W.O.R.D. Agent
Apr 30, 2012

Invicta{HOG}, M.D. posted:

Sideshow notified me Palpatine ships this week. Still on waitlist for Tarkin.

Where's Bespin Lando?

I also pre-ordered Palpatine, but haven't gotten anything from Sideshow as of yet. Did you pre-order the deluxe version? This is my first Hot Toy purchase so I'm not sure what to expect.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Expect and receive greatness

Invicta{HOG}, M.D.
Jan 16, 2002

S.W.O.R.D. Agent posted:

I also pre-ordered Palpatine, but haven't gotten anything from Sideshow as of yet. Did you pre-order the deluxe version? This is my first Hot Toy purchase so I'm not sure what to expect.

It's just the regular version -- ordered in May 2018. My experience has been that they typically come out in waves -- a lot of times other people will get notifications before I do.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Also they're basically surrounded by the wildfire so that might throw a wrench into things.

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

This ad makes it look like they sell tiny Batman t-shirts to put on your Batman action figures, and now I wish it were true:

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Thank god you can switch all the heads around

The original head was okay for the time, (here) but I'm much happier with the new stuff.

Liking this set more and more every day.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Speaking of head swaps, I was never the biggest fan of the “80s hairdo” head on the Star Wars 3.75” Black Series Mara Jade, so I swapped it out with the head from a Marvel Universe Black Widow and I’m a lot happier with it.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

Xenomrph posted:

Speaking of head swaps, I was never the biggest fan of the “80s hairdo” head on the Star Wars 3.75” Black Series Mara Jade, so I swapped it out with the head from a Marvel Universe Black Widow and I’m a lot happier with it.

That original Mara head is so baffling that I honestly wonder if the sculptor accidentally used a Young Jedi Knights Tenel Ka cover as reference material.

And speaking of 3.75” Star Wars, Walmart has clearanced their exclusive Black Series waves down to $2.50. There’s really great Ahsoka, Ackbar and General Lando figures in that wave that IIRC were originally TVC releases.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.

CelticPredator posted:

Thank god you can switch all the heads around

The original head was okay for the time, (here) but I'm much happier with the new stuff.

Liking this set more and more every day.

New head looks too much like Christian Bale, especially in that second pic.

Mike Danger
Feb 17, 2012

Sentinel Red posted:

New head looks too much like Christian Bale, especially in that second pic.

I didn't(/don't) know who this is supposed to be and I thought that was a figure for a Christian Bale movie I hadn't seen

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Maybe it’s a better in person thing. It’s not the greatest Campbell likeness but I feel it captures him more so than the other one.

S.W.O.R.D. Agent
Apr 30, 2012

Invicta{HOG}, M.D. posted:

It's just the regular version -- ordered in May 2018. My experience has been that they typically come out in waves -- a lot of times other people will get notifications before I do.

Ahh, okay thanks for the info. I will wait impatiently, haha.

Blackchamber
Jan 25, 2005

I ordered the deluxe version with the throne (and shame on you if you didn't. SHAME!) and got my shipping notification today.

Edit: SHAME! Although I'm sure you'll be able to pick up the throne and exclusive hilt later elsewhere... still.

Blackchamber fucked around with this message at 18:20 on Nov 12, 2018

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

I got a couple more payments, phew. It's coming in January which is good as this coming before then and i'd get in poo poo. :lol:

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I want palpy but I’ll probably skip him and maybe get Luke if I can save up for him during the Christmas season.

I really want that TLJ Kyle Ren though too.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Now I’m sad we won’t get that Stan Lee BAF. :smith:

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Now is even a better time to do it.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

I want to jump on a Driver headsculpt and will hope that the last movie has a bit of a better figure. Wasn't a fan of the cape stuff in TLJ.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

I don't have any Hot Toys, and Palpatine IS my favorite Star Wars character. It's awfully tempting..

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

You have a bit of a window before he becomes scarce, but by early next year it might be hard.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

I don't have any Hot Toys, and Palpatine IS my favorite Star Wars character. It's awfully tempting..

Blackchamber
Jan 25, 2005

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

Get it with the throne. I'm telling you, nothing better (and dorkier) than having him scowling over your other toys, life, etc from upon his throne.

Blackchamber fucked around with this message at 16:45 on Nov 13, 2018

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
This week is way too expensive. Hot Toys Captain America (concept) is arriving today, Infinity War Thor is arriving Thursday and Palpatine w/throne ships Thursday.

Goddamn.

RusteJuxx
Jul 14, 2001

College Slice
I don't own any expensive figures aside from the Mondo Iron Giant. Seeing the Hot Toys Wasp from Ant-Man and the Wasp has made me consider getting into the expensive figure game.

If I'm doing that though, I need a Chris Evans Cap.

What's the best red, white, and blue suit Chris Evans Captain America figure?

I really like the Concept Cap, especially that it has the WWII shield and the round shield, but I want the colors. The Hot Toys Civil War and Ultron figures look like the best bet and from the secondary market seem around the same price, but there are subtle differences like the helmet sliding on and magnets for the shield in the Ultron figure versus different heads with interchangeable mouth pieces and strap on shield. Are there any major pros or cons for or against either or does it really come down to costume preference?

With the cost of the secondary market, and the fact that it looks like Cap is returning to the colors for Avengers 4, do you guys think it's worth just waiting to see what happens with that figure? How far in advance would we see them for pre-order (knowing that it might not ship until 2020)?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

They’ve made like 8 Caps or more now so they’ve pretty much perfected it. It comes down to costume.