Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sereri
Sep 30, 2008

awwwrigami

I like how most Zugezogene were like "yeah maybe not"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

Perestroika posted:

So the CDU apparently lost about as many voters to the Grüne as they did to the Nazis:

Also :laffo: at those 25k people who used to vote CDU and figured "You know what? I think the SPD will turn this around!"

They also lost about as many to Death, the great equalizer. :lol:

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

Perestroika posted:

So the CDU apparently lost about as many voters to the Grüne as they did to the Nazis:

Also :laffo: at those 25k people who used to vote CDU and figured "You know what? I think the SPD will turn this around!"

Where's this graphic from?

pidan
Nov 6, 2012

Faz has a really amazing site for the election with an even nicer version of that voter migration graphic.

Also a sweet Wahlkreis map where you can locate the last Piraten holdouts (in the mountains, fittingly) and the one place in Wiesbaden where 0.3 percent of people voted for euroskeptics.

From the map, the strongest greens voters appear to be university students. I sure voted for them when I was a Student, wonder if the current ones will stick with it.

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Where's this graphic from?

From here: https://www.tagesschau.de/inland/waehlerwanderung-hessen-103.html

Tagesschau usually has a pretty decent selection of various stats and polls such as Wählerwanderung and motivations.

Edit: drat, looks like Merkel might just be on her way out:
https://www.tagesschau.de/eilmeldung/eilmeldung-4033.html

Perestroika fucked around with this message at 10:24 on Oct 29, 2018

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

:siren:I CANNOT EJACULATE WITHOUT SEEING NATIVE AMERICANS BRUTALISED!:siren:

Put this cum-loving slave on ignore immediately!

Torrannor posted:

Who do you think one should vote for, Randler? And why?

Die PARTEI, denn sie ist sehr gut.

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

Perestroika posted:

:laffo: most of the green vote is from former CDU and SPD voters, Grüne = Stammtischpartei der Mitte status confirmed.

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

suck my woke dick posted:

:laffo: most of the green vote is from former CDU and SPD voters, Grüne = Stammtischpartei der Mitte status confirmed.

Yeah, it's basically a big old exodus from SPD and CDU where all the Nazis go for the AfD, and everybody else heads for the Grüne.

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

Perestroika posted:

Yeah, it's basically a big old exodus from SPD and CDU where all the Nazis go for the AfD, and everybody else heads for the Grüne.

I'm the 1000 AfD Heimatschützer who wanted to abschieb the vegetable kind of südländische Invasoren and realised they voted for the wrong party :v:

Sulla Faex
May 14, 2010

No man ever did me so much good, or enemy so much harm, but I repaid him with ENDLESS SHITPOSTING
CDU->Grüne voters remind me of that dave chappelle sketch about AIDS coming from loving monkeys. "don't nobody gently caress monkeys AND people, you idiot! you either gently caress monkeys - or you gently caress people. that's it, there's no in-between."

and yet here we are

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL

Perestroika posted:

Edit: drat, looks like Merkel might just be on her way out:
https://www.tagesschau.de/eilmeldung/eilmeldung-4033.html

quote:

Auf die Frage, ob sie im Dezember auf dem Parteitag den Vorsitz der CDU abgeben werde, antwortete Merkel: "Ich habe gesagt, ich stehe für diese Legislaturperiode zur Verfügung und ich habe meine Meinung, dass Parteivorsitz und Kanzlerschaft zusammengehören, nicht geändert."

https://www.sueddeutsche.de/politik/merkel-cdu-macht-1.4158462

6. Oktober 2018, 06:28 Uhr

:thunk:

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

Perestroika posted:

This is a good thing, right? As long as the Nazis don't take over?

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

AceOfFlames posted:

I mean, the ideal would of course be "Nobody goes to the Nazis because they're loving Nazis". But yeah, in the greater scheme it's preferable to have the Grüne essentially act as a weird refuge for disenchanted CDU/SPD voters rather than have them become nonvoters and thus give the Nazis proportionally more influence. But still, :laffo:.

SA_Avenger
Oct 22, 2012

AceOfFlames posted:

Not sure. It seems to me that only left/center people are likely to go toward greens, rightwing tend to be more fine with nazis if not mimmicking them if they think there can be support.

Peggotty
May 9, 2014

The Greens are just the default centre left party for young people. They'd vote for the SPD if they looked better in the media, any ideological differences are purely incidental.

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

cebrail posted:

The Greens are just the default centre left party for young people.

No, not really. The Greens are pretty similar in overall age structure to the other parties. There are also semi-regular articles about the Greens having problems recruiting younger people in spite of (or maybe because of) the efforts of people like Cohn-Bendit to reach out to them.

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

All of this is hilarious. Schwarz rot grün is now the only coalition actually able to rule this dead gay country.

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

Raspberry Jam It In Me posted:

All of this is hilarious. Schwarz rot grün is now the only coalition actually able to rule this dead gay country.

Looks like the centrism did hold. Wrap it up, Leninailures. :smuggo:

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine
:smug:

Is there a betting pool out for when we'll see the first Schwarz-Blau coalition in a Landesregierung

Sereri
Sep 30, 2008

awwwrigami

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

The more interesting bet would be whether the CDU is gonna be junior or senior partner

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

I'll emptyquote this every time, except technically this time, I guess, in order to make this announcement

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE

:nms: tag that poo poo!!!

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL

Randler posted:

Looks like the centrism did hold. Wrap it up, Leninailures. :smuggo:

https://twitter.com/Nabertronic/status/1056863637028159490

Peggotty
May 9, 2014

Randler posted:

No, not really. The Greens are pretty similar in overall age structure to the other parties. There are also semi-regular articles about the Greens having problems recruiting younger people in spite of (or maybe because of) the efforts of people like Cohn-Bendit to reach out to them.

Yes, really. For people under 29, they're by far the most succesful in Hessen, and only very slightly behind the CSU in Bayern.

https://www.sueddeutsche.de/politik/hessen-landtagswahl-ergebnisse-analyse-1.4189214
https://www.welt.de/politik/deutschland/article182069488/Landtagswahl-Bayern-2018-Wen-waehlen-die-Alten-wen-die-Jungen-wen-die-Klugen.html

Even your link, which shows the results from a year ago, they're the only party with a clear correlation with younger age.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade
Speaking of possible Merkel successors: who the gently caress let Merz out of the Versenkung?

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

frankenfreak posted:

Speaking of possible Merkel successors: who the gently caress let Merz out of the Versenkung?

https://www.noz.de/deutschland-welt/politik/artikel/1569569/folgt-friedrich-merz-als-cdu-vorsitzender-auf-angela-merkel

Apparently he's been going "soon..." sinisterly at the sidelines for 16 years

System Metternich
Feb 28, 2010

But what did he mean by that?

Merz won’t rest until every CDU vote fits on a single Bierdeckel

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

frankenfreak posted:

Der Ami!

*Theaterdonner und Blitz über Atlantikbrücke*

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade
e: :cawg:
Looks like Randler found the article before you did:

quote:

Eckhard K.
Vor 3 Stunden

Ein Kanzler Merz wäre wohl nur ein Verwalter der BRD für die USA (Transatlantiker) und die Unternehmen (Lobbyist).

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

frankenfreak posted:

Looks like Randler found the article before you did:

I actually got this take from the takiest takeout of Melee Island: A Springer journo writing a guest editorial for the Guardian.

Edit: I totally forgot about INSM. Do they still do stuff under that name?

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

Dax D Werner of Twitter fame is playing the most dangerous game today

https://twitter.com/DaxWerner/status/1056927077205790720?s=19

https://twitter.com/DaxWerner/status/1056985676011450368?s=19

https://twitter.com/DaxWerner/status/1056900892555952128?s=19

https://twitter.com/DaxWerner/status/1056989149255876608?s=19

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

also, in other news

lol. that's kalt btw

e: oh it say that it's kalt in the screenshot. well now you know twice

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

Smirr posted:

also, in other news

lol. that's kalt btw

Niiiice, you gonna get it?

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

Smirr posted:

also, in other news

lol. that's kalt btw

Wohnen auf dem Bierdeckel. :colbert:

System Metternich
Feb 28, 2010

But what did he mean by that?

When my cousin was apartment hunting in Munich a couple of months ago one of the offers he got was, and I kid you not, a 4m² room in a WG for 400€... in Ebersberg, a good 45 S-Bahn minutes away from Munich's city centre :psyduck:

Lord Stimperor
Jun 13, 2018

I'm a lovable meme.

System Metternich posted:

When my cousin was apartment hunting in Munich a couple of months ago one of the offers he got was, and I kid you not, a 4m² room in a WG for 400€... in Ebersberg, a good 45 S-Bahn minutes away from Munich's city centre :psyduck:

I see Germany is catching up to Western Europe

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer
Something funny:

The CSU gives good old Horsty a last chance to go with dignity.

Any bets on how long Seehofer will draw his political death out? You can bet until November 12th, after that the CSU will tear him from his throne one way or other

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
I live with my girlfriend in a 60m2 Altbauwohnung in Kreuzberg for 550€ warm. My part of the rent is 275€ lol