Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

I know what you did last summer, and frankly I am displeased.

Wheat Loaf posted:

Was Lena Dunham the one who said she wanted to get pregnant so she could have an abortion to demonstrate her pro-choice convictions or is that somebody else?

I don't know if she said that but it wouldn't surprise me. She also bragged about molesting her sister in a book she wrote. She's just an all around garbage person.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Whoever said it, it's the sort of thing you'd put in an image macro with the caption "THIS IS WHAT REPUBLICANS ACTUALLY BELIEVE".

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat
Guess who’s going to a screening tomorrow of The Favourite followed by a Q&A with Yorgos Lanthimos? :smug:

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer

therattle posted:

Guess who’s going to a screening tomorrow of The Favourite followed by a Q&A with Yorgos Lanthimos? :smug:

Is it me?

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat

Yes! You are tonight’s lucky winner! Can you get to London by 18:30 tomorrow?

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Wheat Loaf posted:

Was Lena Dunham the one who said she wanted to get pregnant so she could have an abortion to demonstrate her pro-choice convictions or is that somebody else?

this would rule if someone actually said it

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Wheat Loaf posted:

That sounds like something that loving lunatic would say.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
anyway guess who's going to walmart out in the boondocks to hunt for cool hot wheels

its ya human

forums poster dickeye

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Lena Dunham bragging about molesting her baby sister is only slightly less hosed up than the fact that said sister defended her

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

anyway guess who's going to walmart out in the boondocks to hunt for cool hot wheels

its ya human

forums poster dickeye

Hot Wheels has a Batman Animated Series Batmobile now. Buy that.

precision posted:

Lena Dunham bragging about molesting her baby sister is only slightly less hosed up than the fact that said sister defended her

I didn't know about this. That's creepy and sad.

TrixRabbi
Aug 20, 2010

Time for a little robot chauvinism!

precision posted:

For some reason X/Y didn't grab me and I'd say they're my last favorite of the games outside of Gen 1.

Ultra Moon however is gaming nirvana, holy poo poo it's good and filled with great old mons in addition to cool new ones and the camera is legit amazing.

I forgot how strong :psyduck: is, even before evolving. Between him and the laughably OP Cutiefly I hardly ever use anyone else

I went to a local game shop and the only ones they had in stock were X/Y and also Alpha Sapphire which I already own and played. I'll probably grab Ultra Sun or Moon at some point down the line.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Is Alpha Sapphire really good?

Also lmao I just got to the point in Ultra Moon where you unlock Professor Oak's Pro Surfing

It also has a minigame that's basically Pokemon Snap

Give me all the pokemans

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Wheat Loaf posted:

Did she just finish reading Fight Club or something?

Lil Mama Im Sorry
Oct 14, 2012

I'M BACK AND I'M SCARIN' WHITE FOLKS

precision posted:

some straight up rich people poo poo right there

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat
To be fair she was 7 at the time. I don’t think a 7-year old can really be guilty of child abuse.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Variety says Andy Muschietti is directing an Attack On Titan adaptation for Warner Bros

Produced by his sister Barbara (Mama), Masi Oka (Death Note) and David Heyman (Fantastic Beasts)

Almost Blue
Apr 18, 2018
https://twitter.com/ericallenhatch/status/1057012641380622336

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Turns out I'm accidentally a half hour early for Spirited Away. As is everybody else in this packed theater.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

therattle posted:

To be fair she was 7 at the time. I don’t think a 7-year old can really be guilty of child abuse.

She continued the abuse well into her teen years, iirc, talking about when she was 13 or so she would bribe her little sister with cookies to make out

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Now I'm an unwilling audience for the shocking tale of a lifeguard trainee dealing with mono, as relayed by someone in the row behind me.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Chris James 2 posted:

Variety says Andy Muschietti is directing an Attack On Titan adaptation for Warner Bros

Produced by his sister Barbara (Mama), Masi Oka (Death Note) and David Heyman (Fantastic Beasts)

The vote cinematic universe begins

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Chris James 2 posted:

Ehhh. Maybe. IDK. Attack on Titan isn't very good

Carly Gay Dead Son
Aug 27, 2007

Bonus.

God drat I read this whole thing thinking Lena Dunham wrote it.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
What's amusing to me is that when Girls started out, Lena Dunham was a sacred cow that you would get yelled at for daring to say sucked

Tiny Furniture is one of the worst movies I've ever seen

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

YTOTD is a short doc on Chicago poet Malcolm London.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KDcRWuNfu6A

and a couple of tracks from his album Opia in case you're feelin' the doc.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5K80yPWzURg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nAh7F7_QBoU

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

Voted today and got a flu shot. :toot:

Best thing on the local ballot was whether to allow alcohol sales at restaurants from 10:30 AM to 12:30 PM on Sundays for brunch.

(Besides feeling good to vote against a chud governor)

Zypher
Sep 3, 2009

Rutgers

Your 2006
Mythical National
Champions!
I’m looking for examples of slow motion pass-bys in films (ie: two people walking past each other and staring each other down). I’ve spent an embarrassing amount of time googling and come up with very little to show for it. For the record, the TV Tropes page is mostly unhelpful — almost none of their live action examples are actually two people walking past each other.

However, it did lead to by far the best clip I’ve found so far: the end of Shaolin Soccer, right after the banana peel slip at around 0:35

Any ideas for films to look at for better examples?

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Zypher posted:

I’m looking for examples of slow motion pass-bys in films (ie: two people walking past each other and staring each other down). I’ve spent an embarrassing amount of time googling and come up with very little to show for it. For the record, the TV Tropes page is mostly unhelpful — almost none of their live action examples are actually two people walking past each other.

However, it did lead to by far the best clip I’ve found so far: the end of Shaolin Soccer, right after the banana peel slip at around 0:35

The first one that springs to mind is RZA's scene in Ghost Dog.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I've never gotten a flu shot and only had the flu 3 times in 43 years. I was 16 the first time I ever had it

Meanwhile everyone I know that does get flu shots gets it every year

:tinfoil:

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

So apparently Bryan Singer got fired from that Freddie Mercury movie. But not for raping a bunch of kids. He just argued with some people, I guess.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

CPL593H posted:

So apparently Bryan Singer got fired from that Freddie Mercury movie. But not for raping a bunch of kids. He just argued with some people, I guess.

That happened midway through filming. He was probably arguing with the rest of Queens about how the movie should portray them and Freddie.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

CPL593H posted:

I want them to make another one with Sasha Baron Cohen because I’m interested in a good Freddie Mercury movie

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

The MSJ posted:

That happened midway through filming. He was probably arguing with the rest of Queens about how the movie should portray them and Freddie.

I love that those douchebags think anyone ever gave a poo poo about Queen because of them or that people want to see a movie about anyone from the band other than Freddie Mercury. The only reason I can even name any single other member of the band is because he's been peddling over priced guitars and poo poo with his name on them for the last few decades.

CPL593H fucked around with this message at 03:14 on Oct 30, 2018

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Roger "The drummer from Queen" Taylor had some pretty entertainingly cheesy side projects

Shove it!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=feT1w-Ac5J0

Nazis 1994
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=27IDZxLy1YI

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Spirited Away remains good as hell, and the lifeguard trainee recovered from mono after a hospital visit

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

We Have Important Work To Do

CPL593H posted:

I remember reading it was around when me too started, and there was some ... hostility directed at him, most importantly from Rami Malek and he was all "how dare all of you, now if you'll excuse me I have urgent business to attend to in a country without an extradition treaty for a while", but that mighta just been speculation

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

If it wasn't for disappointment
I wouldn't have any appointment

Grimey Drawer

Zypher posted:

Phantasm

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

my house has been without a cat for almost 6 months, which is far too long to go without furry friends so i went out and adopted some very cool cats:

the larger one is Amsterdam and the smaller one is Captain Ahab (the lady at the shelter told me he got his name because when he came in his leg was badly injured and they thought they were going to have to amputate. luckily, he healed very well and still has all his legs.

Ahab took to house life very quickly and is just the friendliest little thing, very cute and charming befitting a young cat. Amsterdam on the other hand went straight from the carrier i brought him home in to hiding behind the water heater. I was kinda worried that he was too stressed out, but as you can see here, the stress evaporated pretty quickly:

DC Murderverse fucked around with this message at 03:46 on Oct 30, 2018

Nroo
Dec 31, 2007

Franchescanado posted:

Was anyone interested in writing up a Noirvember thread? With less than a week to go, it'd be good for someone to start that up now.

Late response, but I was planning to make the thread again this year and post it on the 1st, but if someone else wanted to make a Noirvember thread then go for it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

https://twitter.com/Eclectablog/status/1057028222389489669

Sure, whatever. Seems about right.

DC Murderverse posted:

my house has been without a cat for almost 6 months, which is far too long to go without furry friends so i went out and adopted some very cool cats:

the larger one is Amsterdam and the smaller one is Captain Ahab (the lady at the shelter told me he got his name because when he came in his leg was badly injured and they thought they were going to have to amputate. luckily, he healed very well and still has all his legs.

Ahab took to house life very quickly and is just the friendliest little thing, very cute and charming befitting a young cat. Amsterdam on the other hand went straight from the carrier i brought him home in to hiding behind the water heater. I was kinda worried that he was too stressed out, but as you can see here, the stress evaporated pretty quickly:

Extremely good boys.

• Locked thread