Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Funky Valentine posted:

lol like jotaro would have any mementos of his wife and child sullying his Sacred Dolphin Space

I still find it hard to believe that Jotaro hosed ever

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink
Thinkin' bout how Narancia and his airplane stand were good and strong up until he comes across someone from part 3, whereupon he near immediately gets owned.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
i was going to post the opposite where I think Aerosmith is pretty lame

his vola vola vola vola scene is cool, but man what a boring power

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
Aerosmith is okay, but it has some overlap with Sex Pistols being another bullet Stand. At least Narancia gets lots of cool moments, though.

On that note, were Squalo and Tiziano gay or is that just the general Jojo vibe?

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
nah they're def gay

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Expect My Mom posted:

What's so boring about having a mini jet that lets you track stuff by their breathing? :v:

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
im not sure if you're being sarcastic, but yeah it's because that's all it does. Narancia can't really do much else with it but Shoot or Track. I never really found his fights that engaging. It's like how all Polnareff is gonna do in a fight is Stab You

Bruno, Mista and Giorno can all use their Stands in non combat scenarios, hell Abbachio can ONLY use his Stand in non combative ways. I love that, I love that Abbachio is without a doubt One of the Boys in this violent criminal orgination despite his Stand cant even throw a punch. Even Fugo's one fight was pretty tricky and layered. Maybe seeing his fights animated will change my mind, but I was just always way more interested in everyone else in Passione.

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

Expect My Mom posted:

im not sure if you're being sarcastic, but yeah it's because that's all it does. Narancia can't really do much else with it but Shoot or Track. I never really found his fights that engaging. It's like how all Polnareff is gonna do in a fight is Stab You

remember that time polnareff shishkabobbed a bunch of fire

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Expect My Mom posted:

I like how Naracias intro fight is done from the POV of his enemy and this time around its the villain who has to skulk around trying to feel out how the heros power works instead of the usual reversed situation.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
I just wanna see reactions to the name Aerosmith. That justifies Narancia for me.

Liquid Dinosaur
Dec 16, 2011

by Smythe
I loved how in part 3 Hanged Man attacks Polnareff from a mirror, and Kakyoin needs to explain to him how there isn't some magical backwards-world inside of a mirror, and it's just a shiny surface that reflects light, so clearly Hanged Man is made of photons.
But then in Part 5 Araki decides, gently caress it , I want to make a stand that transports you to the magical mirror dimension.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

exploded mummy posted:

vcr display man - not sure exactly, probably fan turn people into vcr tapes so he can take their abilities or something or he gets people mad by turning all VCR time disp[lays to flashing "12:00"s

I so badly want to tell this person they’re one part off from having this stand power be real.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Liquid Dinosaur posted:

I loved how in part 3 Hanged Man attacks Polnareff from a mirror, and Kakyoin needs to explain to him how there isn't some magical backwards-world inside of a mirror, and it's just a shiny surface that reflects light, so clearly Hanged Man is made of photons.
But then in Part 5 Araki decides, gently caress it , I want to make a stand that transports you to the magical mirror dimension.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UcHA1YWX_8U

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

"Either Sonic is God, or could kill God, and I do not care if there is a difference!"

College Slice

Liquid Dinosaur posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UcHA1YWX_8U

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
:goonsay: Illuso did not likely have his Stand in 1988, therefore Kakyoin was not lying when he said this:goonsay:

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Liquid Dinosaur posted:

I wish Polnareff had a chance to sit down and talk with the gang a bit. Would have loved to hear his reaction to Man in the Mirror.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Liquid Dinosaur posted:

I like when they explained that Hanged Man moves at the speed of light yet Polnareff was still able to cut him.

Liquid Dinosaur
Dec 16, 2011

by Smythe

RatHat posted:

I like when they explained that Hanged Man moves at the speed of light yet Polnareff was still able to cut him.

To be fair, he could only hit him at light speed if he knew where he'd be.

Liquid Dinosaur fucked around with this message at 06:23 on Oct 30, 2018

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Aerosmith is okay, but it has some overlap with Sex Pistols being another bullet Stand. At least Narancia gets lots of cool moments, though.

On that note, were Squalo and Tiziano gay or is that just the general Jojo vibe?

The late Sorbet and Gelato were also gay.

I wonder how long it'll be before one of the main characters is explicitly, openly gay.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
johnny joestar submit reply

somepartsareme
Mar 10, 2012

Diggle Hell is a Real
(Swingin') Place

Expect My Mom posted:

:hmmyes:

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
I know Johnny has a wife and had threesomes as a teen but I read his relationship with Gyro as friends to lovers as the story goes on but that's just me

somepartsareme
Mar 10, 2012

Diggle Hell is a Real
(Swingin') Place
johnny is the bisexual self loathing bastard to represent us all

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
look me in the eye and tell me the guy with the blue lipstick isnt in love with the guy with green lipstick after they drank huddled together in the snow and confessed their darkest secrets and fetishes together

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

i'm gonna be real, after scarlet valentine i don't think i trust araki with actual lgbt characters

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
extremely fair, but to me, if I can trust go nagai and devilman, I can trust araki

somepartsareme
Mar 10, 2012

Diggle Hell is a Real
(Swingin') Place

Johnny Joestar posted:

i'm gonna be real, after scarlet valentine i don't think i trust araki with actual lgbt characters

I chalk that up more to Araki being bad at writing women than him being bad at writing gay characters tbh. I was just thinking about that quote where he was like "you can write a story without any women at all, even a love story, be brave"

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

it still just kind of wigs me out that the first relevant and notable lgbt character in the series is portrayed as a pedophile with no boundaries which is pretty much play by play straight from the handbook of someone who would probably want to see a queer person dead in a ditch

not to say araki is that, but it still leaves me feeling gross

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Johnathan is repressed bi
Joseph is straight
Jotaro is aromantic
Josuke is bi
Giorno is asexual
Jolyne is bi
Johnny is depressed bi
Josuke is straight

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

Expect My Mom posted:

:hai:

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
I totally see where you're coming from but to me, the fact that people we're supposed to root for like Stephen Steel and Mountain Tim are also weird about Lucy makes me think it's not a malicious thing and just Araki badly writing weird eccentrics

Also things like Jolyne seeing a trans person in prison and her reaction to seeing a transperson for the first time is "Whoa...this is the dawn of a new age!" make me feel that Araki isnt a hateful person and I feel comfortable supporting him, but yeah I can understand why anyone wouldn't

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

Johnathan is repressed bi
Joseph is straight
Jotaro is aromantic
Josuke is bi
Giorno is asexual
Jolyne is bi
Johnny is depressed bi
Josuke is straight

Giorno is very gay, he's just too busy turning things into bugs and frogs to date during part 5.

He went to Florida during part 6 on vacation with his boyfriend.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

The reason Jotaro and Jotaro's Wife's marriage failed was because Jotaro spent 98% of the marriage standing around saying nothing, trying to think up a cool way to say "I like you" to her.

somepartsareme
Mar 10, 2012

Diggle Hell is a Real
(Swingin') Place
if only he could have asked avdol...

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Mista wouldn't have lasted long in prison before he ended up killing a gay guy

Glad Araki had to clarify that it was specifically someone gay he'd go after

Liquid Dinosaur
Dec 16, 2011

by Smythe
I mean, they ARE Italian gangsters in the year 2001. They're probably not going to be too woke.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord
I personally imagine that it was more of a "someone will try to sexually assault Mista and he'd kill him" instead of "Mista hates gays" but maybe that's just my own headcanon.

Robviously
Aug 21, 2010

Genius. Billionaire. Playboy. Philanthropist.

Liquid Dinosaur posted:

I mean, they ARE Italian gangsters in the year 2001. They're probably not going to be too woke.

Dragonwagon
Mar 28, 2010

And that, as much as anything else, led to my drinking problem.
Leaked Part6 OP:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wb_60F8kBmc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

FirstAidKite posted:

Mista wouldn't have lasted long in prison before he ended up killing a gay guy

Glad Araki had to clarify that it was specifically someone gay he'd go after

tbf it's Mista, he would probably end up shooting himself instead

e: seriously i know everyone (me included) loves mista but he is totally the polnareff of part 5, a part where polnareff himself actually appears

Yinlock fucked around with this message at 04:04 on Oct 31, 2018