Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.
Oh go take a loving swivel on it Heroes. loving March? What is it gonna be a month of FE6? Are you gonna actually fill out the roster?

No, they needed to invent beard technology to make FE6 Hector as the headlining unit, and he'll be slapped with Armads. Prove me wrong, Heroes. Don't have an alt, it's not loving hard, the loving game has a gigantic roster and you didn't even scratch it.

I'm actually angry at a banner being announced, and the excuse is "It takes time." Didn't take so much time for the loving Awakening or Fates characters, what, did you have loving trouble deciding if his name was Zealot/Zelot/Jerrot or what?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nages
Dec 31, 2011

Just yell at her like you always do. Bitch, get out of the way!
fe6 characters are boring

Nages
Dec 31, 2011

Just yell at her like you always do. Bitch, get out of the way!
I dumped the rest of my orbs on the smoke banner now that I don't need to care about the legendary one and got karla, giganino, bike, ryoma and bephraim in 100 orbs so that's cool but I wanted sigurds.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

Nages posted:

fe6 characters are boring

If boring characters was a definition of not getting into FEH about half the roster would have to disappear.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
Can't wait for Merlinus in March.

Eirika sucks. I look at her kit and can't imagine her being useful.

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

Onmi posted:

Oh go take a loving swivel on it Heroes. loving March? What is it gonna be a month of FE6? Are you gonna actually fill out the roster?

No, they needed to invent beard technology to make FE6 Hector as the headlining unit, and he'll be slapped with Armads. Prove me wrong, Heroes. Don't have an alt, it's not loving hard, the loving game has a gigantic roster and you didn't even scratch it.

I'm actually angry at a banner being announced, and the excuse is "It takes time." Didn't take so much time for the loving Awakening or Fates characters, what, did you have loving trouble deciding if his name was Zealot/Zelot/Jerrot or what?

It's going to be Eliwood: Sickly King and Hector: Dead King with brand new FE6 units uhhhhhhh*scrolls through CYL2* Rutger & Lugh. Idunn GHB. Lot (#88 in CYL1) Tempest trial unit.

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

It's gonna be a hypothetical adult Lyn because some Heroes exec or something seems to have a thing for mature sword ladies

like, really, fuckin karla?

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

blizzardvizard posted:

It's gonna be a hypothetical adult Lyn because some Heroes exec or something seems to have a thing for mature sword ladies

I mean hell, same. But we already have Echidna.

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

blizzardvizard posted:

FE6 banner is in march to coincide with the FE6 remake announcement to coincide with the Three Houses delay.
Alts will be Roy's updated design that takes cues from Smash roy and the new Lyn design. This time she has the mani katti!

Generalissimo
Jun 13, 2003

Onmi posted:

No, they needed to invent beard technology to make FE6 Hector as the headlining unit
They needed to invent the fake beard accessory technology.

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

Imagine a world where there wasn't 12 seasonal banners a year....i mean i presume these pull in money because silly outfits but surely we can get by with like...6, tops.

Generalissimo posted:

They needed to invent the fake beard accessory technology.

"We hand coded each unit's face so it can properly hold a beard in the best way possible"

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

As much as I like Eirika, she's got an uphill battle to make herself useful. On top of being a unit in an oversaturated pool, she has to compete with a couple of very well-established competitors for the sword cavalry position. Xander is a solid tank unit with Distant Counter built into his weapon and works as an easy (and free) red unit in cavalry teams, Sigurd is amazing out of the box and requires very little investment, Ares has a very good Prf weapon that lets him excel on offense, Siegbert also has a solid Prf weapon and can also be flexed into mixed teams thanks to Attack Tactic, and lastly WT!Reinhardt is a brave weapon user that also doubles as a decent tank unit. Then there are less-used units like Brave Roy and Exalt Chrom, who also can fill in the sword cavalier niche with their own kits. The only sword cavaliers L!Eirika really could potentially outclass are Cain, Stahl and Eldigan, with Eldigan only being here because his usefulness has slowly declined over time.

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

It's not hard to make Leirika good, you take out her Lunar Brace and give her Galeforce. Between her 19 Mt weapon and Atk/Spd Solo she can fulfill the kill-and-run melee cav role Broy has except probably better since she's gonna have better stats.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

AradoBalanga posted:

As much as I like Eirika, she's got an uphill battle to make herself useful. On top of being a unit in an oversaturated pool, she has to compete with a couple of very well-established competitors for the sword cavalry position. Xander is a solid tank unit with Distant Counter built into his weapon and works as an easy (and free) red unit in cavalry teams, Sigurd is amazing out of the box and requires very little investment, Ares has a very good Prf weapon that lets him excel on offense, Siegbert also has a solid Prf weapon and can also be flexed into mixed teams thanks to Attack Tactic, and lastly WT!Reinhardt is a brave weapon user that also doubles as a decent tank unit. Then there are less-used units like Brave Roy and Exalt Chrom, who also can fill in the sword cavalier niche with their own kits. The only sword cavaliers L!Eirika really could potentially outclass are Cain, Stahl and Eldigan, with Eldigan only being here because his usefulness has slowly declined over time.

I think you might be underestimating her unique B-skill and/or her prf.

blizzardvizard posted:

It's not hard to make Leirika good, you take out her Lunar Brace and give her Galeforce. Between her 19 Mt weapon and Atk/Spd Solo she can fulfill the kill-and-run melee cav role Broy has except probably better since she's gonna have better stats.

Yeah she seems very good at that

SL the Pyro
Jun 16, 2013

My soul cries out
with the desire to
FRACTURE
your puny spine.

what do you mean that hotkey disappeared
L!Eirika's place in the tier list is going to be determined by how Lunar Brace's damage calculation works.

Worst option: Lunar Brace calculates damage after Eirika's special determines whether to cut their Defense or not. (I sincerely doubt this will happen because she has Moonbow as a base, and I do hope IntSys wouldn't gimp a unit right out of the box.)
Middle-of-the-road option: Lunar Brace is added damage like an inverse Bonfire. Powerful, but she can't punch through the armor meta with it.
Best option: Lunar Brace adds true damage. Her Special will obliterate pretty much anything, and depending on her statline she might have the Spd to activate her Special every combat.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
If she can't punch through their def on her own or with Moonbow, then the 50% true damage is gonna be, what, 30? And that's against truly absurd def values. And of course since we're assuming that she does 0 damage with everything else (the only circumstance where this is relevant), then she just blew a special to deal 30 damage to a tank and probably died on the QR counter. That's hardly "obliterating."

There are few, if any, practical circumstances where this fabled "true damage" actually makes any difference whatsoever.

Clarste fucked around with this message at 05:36 on Oct 30, 2018

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Andrast posted:

I think you might be underestimating her unique B-skill and/or her prf.
Alas, I do not have L!Ephraim nor L!Hector, so I do not have experience with L!Eirika's class of weapon effects outside of versus AI battles. As for Lunar Brace, like SL the Pyro said, her skill could work a variety of ways that we don't know yet. Plus, Lunar Brace's ability (on paper) is pointless against units with low defense, which include a number of common green mages like Nino, Julia, Cecilia and Dierdre. And for me personally, unless L!Eirika has an amazing statline, I really don't need her because I have Sigurd as my main sword cavalier with WT!Reinhardt in the wings as a backup option. I honestly might pass on this banner outside of giving a chance at F!Grima merges or snagging L!Lyn.

golden bubble
Jun 3, 2011

yospos

L!Eirika basically gives up a B-slot to turn Moonbow into Black Luna, and Black Luna is still a ridiculous special. But I could see her running Aether instead for that hilarious true eclipse+sol.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

Onmi posted:

It takes about six months to implement the characters, considering scheduling, artwork, voicework, and then lining up to fit the calendar.

They've gotten a whole bunch of feedback for more characters from these games, so they're gonna work on it, but it'll take time.

It's still on them for not spreading out the representation more evenly, but hey, at least we know they're working on it.

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

I find it fascinating that FE4 has gotten so much love. It took a while to get a proper, FE4-dedicated, banner, but they had one by the end of year 1 and since then they've had like 3 or 4 more banners, 2 tempest units, three GHB units, and somehow none of them have been alts.

I guess they haven't gotten any seasonals or legendary units, but still, they've done pretty well for themselves.

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

AradoBalanga posted:

Plus, Lunar Brace's ability (on paper) is pointless against units with low defense, which include a number of common green mages like Nino, Julia, Cecilia and Dierdre.

This is kind of a weird complaint to make, because L!Eirika is still gonna ORKO all of those just fine, maybe not Nino depending on her statline.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

rannum posted:

I find it fascinating that FE4 has gotten so much love. It took a while to get a proper, FE4-dedicated, banner, but they had one by the end of year 1 and since then they've had like 3 or 4 more banners, 2 tempest units, three GHB units, and somehow none of them have been alts.

I guess they haven't gotten any seasonals or legendary units, but still, they've done pretty well for themselves.

I think FE4 is really popular among people who are really, really into FE.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

cheetah7071 posted:

I think FE4 is really popular among people who are really, really into FE.

It's a cool game

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Has anyone put together a good Sharena build yet?

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

yeah piss off you dumb fossil

:discourse:

And to think he'll get some more extra stats when earth season rolls around next week

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

At least it should be easier to get to T21 without Earth Season + LTiki around

Retcon
Jun 23, 2010

Aversa is a great arena bonus unit (especially with everyone using Dual Rally skills), but trying to kill DC Effies and Nowis with her is such a pain in the rear end. Even with the bonus stats, her default HP/SPD skill and a HP/RES seal her tome doesn’t debuff them all the time. Maybe it’s time to upgrade the HP seal.

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.

tithin posted:

Has anyone put together a good Sharena build yet?
Here's mine:

Fensalir (with effect refine)
Dual Rally of your choice
Blazing Wind (Aether, sometime in the future)
Close Def 3
QR3
Odd Res Wave 3
Close Def 3 (seal)

I'll give M!Kana one more trial day because he's having a hard time even securing 3 kills per match-up. Meanwhile, last time I used this particular Sharena, she could solo entire teams even with triangle disadvantage.

valuum
Sep 3, 2003
ø

Onmi posted:

No, they needed to invent beard technology

They are buying cd project red to implement the witcher's hair tech, takeovers take a while.

Going to roll red on this banner with all of my 9 orbs!!

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

they'll need the witcher's hair tech if they want to make a geese up to my very exacting standards

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

Gluten Freeman posted:

they'll need the witcher's hair tech if they want to make a geese up to my very exacting standards

If Geese doesn't look like he stepped off the cover of a romance novel like... what's the point?

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

haha like they'll add an obscure male character in anyway

Retcon
Jun 23, 2010

10 L’Arachels and not a single one of them is +SPD. I’m still going to merge her, but I wanted to give her a Juicy Wave and 31 base speed doesn‘t feel fast enough even with seals, buffs and a +SPD refine (at +10).

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Roger Explosion posted:

Here's mine:

Fensalir (with effect refine)
Dual Rally of your choice
Blazing Wind (Aether, sometime in the future)
Close Def 3
QR3
Odd Res Wave 3
Close Def 3 (seal)

I'll give M!Kana one more trial day because he's having a hard time even securing 3 kills per match-up. Meanwhile, last time I used this particular Sharena, she could solo entire teams even with triangle disadvantage.

Couldn't source a good Odd Res Wave (I uh, actually built Aversa) so I subbed in Atk Smoke.

She's strong.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

blizzardvizard posted:

haha like they'll add an obscure male character in anyway

We just had a Jamke GHB

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

Retcon posted:

Aversa is a great arena bonus unit (especially with everyone using Dual Rally skills), but trying to kill DC Effies and Nowis with her is such a pain in the rear end. Even with the bonus stats, her default HP/SPD skill and a HP/RES seal her tome doesn’t debuff them all the time. Maybe it’s time to upgrade the HP seal.

Here's mine:

She is very scary with those bonus stats and Eirika buffing her. My experience was the same. She killed everything except the stray Nowi or Effie.

(Build shamelessly stolen from Roger Explosion. Thanks, Roger!)

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

I used Sharena instead of Aversa as my bonus unit.

I had a ton of LTikis, Effies and similar stuff in my matchups which made getting kills really annoying. Sharena with double close defense was way better at getting kills with weapon triangle disadvantage.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Man, it is a serious relief to me every time I see a banner I have no desire to pull on (Halloween is sitting at 4.75% for me now :shepface:)

I have enough red cavalry, and I want Grimas but not THAT bad

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

I'm at a point where the main thing I need is more DCs anyway

I gave my last spare to BEphraim. Myrrh, Sigurd, and OG Eirika all still want it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

I'm not giving any unit DC until the unit is at 5* +10 :colbert: