Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

mojo1701a posted:

Three if you include mirror-Bareil.

didn't she also fall in love with mirror-Bareil?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
I’ve always wondered what would happen if Tasha Yar and Kira went to a bar and got trashed.

I’d figure it’d go like...

“Rape gangs!”
“Labor camps!”
“Rape gangs!”
“Labor camps!”
“Rape camps!”
“Labor gangs!”

*enormous bar fight erupts*
*Scotty is only survivor somehow*

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

:edi:

Snow Cone Capone posted:

To be fair Sisko also fell for his mirror-wife. Everyone wants that second chance at happiness.

mojo1701a
Oct 9, 2008

Oh, yeah. Loud and clear. Emphasis on LOUD!
~ David Lee Roth

Snow Cone Capone posted:

Yes. He was a bad boy who pretended to turn good, but at the last minute actually did by foiling Intendant Kira's plans.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Trast posted:

To be fair Sisko also fell for his mirror-wife. Everyone wants that second chance at happiness.

sidewaiz vagiena

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

It's the mirror universe not the perpendicular universe

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Al Borland Corpse posted:

It's the mirror universe not the perpendicular universe

isied out vagiena

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Pick posted:

isied out vagiena

arent they already sort of inside-out?

HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal

Snow Cone Capone posted:

prolapse is not a normal condition and should be attended to medically

Mycroft Holmes
Mar 26, 2010

by Azathoth

Snow Cone Capone posted:

an inside out vagina is just a penis

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Mycroft Holmes posted:

an inside out vagina is just a penis

gonna teach my kids that god makes little boys by putting the vacuum cleaner on Reverse when he makes them

Mycroft Holmes
Mar 26, 2010

by Azathoth

Snow Cone Capone posted:

gonna teach my kids that god makes little boys by putting the vacuum cleaner on Reverse when he makes them

in a fetus, the same bits that become a vagina and uterus become a penis and testicles in a man. :shrug:

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

uhhhhh

I guess I need to explain that yes, I realize that a vagina is not actually inside-out, and yes, I know that genitals develop from the same origin, and no, I don't think God makes little boys by switching the vacuum to reverse.

HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal
Uh it’s clearly stated that god created man and that women are made of ribs or something

delicious ribs

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Gatts posted:

I’ve always wondered what would happen if Tasha Yar and Kira went to a bar and got trashed.

I’d figure it’d go like...

“Rape gangs!”
“Labor camps!”
“Rape gangs!”
“Labor camps!”
“Rape camps!”
“Labor gangs!”

*enormous bar fight erupts*
*Scotty is only survivor somehow*
"oh hey dax"
"hey tasha"
"you know dax?"
"we were in a rape gang back on planet blah blah. also every single person ever has met one dax or another, how are you not used to this by now?"

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Chomp8645 posted:

Where does the Animated Series go?

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Animated series schools so loving hard

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Pick posted:

Animated series schools so loving hard

I like the skinny rock man who fills in for the conspicuously absent Chekov, and also the Cat woman who had the hots for Spock (wait, was it Spock? Maybe Sulu.)

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
Voyager is so bland they had nowhere to put it on that graph.

HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal

Zesty posted:

Voyager is so bland they had nowhere to put it on that graph.

Honestly they should have set the opacity on it to like 50% because jesus christ it barely tries to even exist sometimes

Aoi
Sep 12, 2017

Perpetually a Pain.

Man, that episode was so incredibly stupid for such an incredible number of reasons, most of them centered around what these scientists apparently thought was an ideal state of future humanity and Pulaski's apparently not knowing what a "hazmat suit" was.

I mean, I'm not a scientist, but when she was saying, on my recent rewatch, of a man-child believed to be infected with an incredibly dangerous airborne pathogen, that "I have to be able to touch him with my bare hands, breathe the same air as he does" to treat him, that she can't do it from behind a containment field, I was just making perplexed expressions and gesticulating in confused appeals toward the screen, wordlessly.

A manchild that was a bohunk twenty-something at, like, twelve or so, who never spoke (apparently they could only communicate telepathically, which I'm sure would be really handy when communicating over extremely long distances via comm badge or subspace), not even getting into the 'active defense immune system' thing...

Eighties ZomCom
Sep 10, 2008

EimiYoshikawa posted:

Man, that episode was so incredibly stupid for such an incredible number of reasons, most of them centered around what these scientists apparently thought was an ideal state of future humanity and Pulaski's apparently not knowing what a "hazmat suit" was.

I mean, I'm not a scientist, but when she was saying, on my recent rewatch, of a man-child believed to be infected with an incredibly dangerous airborne pathogen, that "I have to be able to touch him with my bare hands, breathe the same air as he does" to treat him, that she can't do it from behind a containment field, I was just making perplexed expressions and gesticulating in confused appeals toward the screen, wordlessly.

A manchild that was a bohunk twenty-something at, like, twelve or so, who never spoke (apparently they could only communicate telepathically, which I'm sure would be really handy when communicating over extremely long distances via comm badge or subspace), not even getting into the 'active defense immune system' thing...

What about the fact that they were illegal experiments since the Federation, or Earth at least outlawed human augmentation to prevent another Eugenics War?

And no one bats an eye at said illegal experiments?

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Star Trek

FabioClone
Oct 3, 2004

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Pick posted:

Star Trek

what a dumb name, it will never catch on

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

i think that episode was written before they decided the eugenics wars were a thing, so the worst the scientists get is a disapproving federation's eyebrow™ from picard

and pulaski was talking arse, she says she needs to be up close to treat him when 90% of strar trek medical expertise is tricorder scan then a hypospray

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Eugenics Wars are references in Space Seed tos iirc ??

Parts Kit
Jun 9, 2006

durr
i have a hole in my head
durr
Got to the part in DS9 where Jake stays behind to be a reporter. Holy gently caress I didn't think Jake could get more retarded but here we are.

Jake to Weyoun: "what about the freedom of the press Mr. Dominion :qq:"

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
Katherine "Void The Droid" Pulaski is precisely the kind of doctor would contract a super aging disease rather than let the android that literally cannot contract diseases beam down with a tricorder.

Like for real theres no way Data couldnt have just uploaded the scans to the Enterprise and just stayed down there until a treatment was created there was no reason to beam the patient up.

Lord Ludikrous
Jun 7, 2008

Enjoy your tea...

EvilTaytoMan posted:

What about the fact that they were illegal experiments since the Federation, or Earth at least outlawed human augmentation to prevent another Eugenics War?

And no one bats an eye at said illegal experiments?

I’m sure there’s probably a terrible expanded universe novel somewhere where Section 31 rocks up and glasses the planet after the Enterprise leaves.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Pick posted:

Eugenics Wars are references in Space Seed tos iirc ??

Correct, the real answer is that in early TNG they weren't sure how much of TOS they wanted to acknowledge "really" happened and if anyone even raised the objection at the time, somebody probably just said "eh, just ignore it".

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Pick posted:

Star Trek

space walk

mycomancy
Oct 16, 2016

Mycroft Holmes posted:

in a fetus, the same bits that become a vagina and uterus become a penis and testicles in a man. :shrug:

The general idea here is correct but the specifics are very wrong. However, I'm unsurprised that someone in the Star Trek thread doesn't know what a clitoris is.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Let's not go into the specifics though unless you can do it entirely in star trek analogies

e: on second thought no not even then pls

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

A clitoris is like filling a water balloon with too much water, then something good happens!

mossyfisk
Nov 8, 2010

FF0000
In Space Seed the supermen were a product of selective breeding rather than genetic engineering, so that's not illegal until the writers decided it was.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Ghostlight posted:

space walk

astro ramble

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Pick posted:

astro ramble

stellar strut