Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Did they actually add breakthrough back to comp, or are the patch notes just detailing the fixes for its eventual return?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

Maker Of Shoes posted:

i dont think shards is gonna make that much of an impact

ursa will because blueberries can't not shoot at the shield
and holy gently caress gently caress everything about one eyed mask

My buddy who switched from warlock to titan for this expansion got both one eyed and ursa and I'm jealous as gently caress

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
They call it break through because when it’s the mode you do a 360 and break your Xbox because you’re through with bad pvp modes

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

deadwing posted:

Came across a 4x shards stack in Comp a few weeks ago and they were basically able to chain supers, it's mega bullshit

this is pretty much true of any competent 4 stack in comp regardless of team composition lol

the biggest problem by a country mile in comp regarding supers was Super Mod stacking + Dynamo.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Rubellavator posted:

My buddy who switched from warlock to titan for this expansion got both one eyed and ursa and I'm jealous as gently caress

Tell them I hate them

30 TO 50 FERAL HOG
Mar 2, 2005

https://xboxdvr.com/gamer/ikneelforanthem/video/62800002

queensbreaker status: still good

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Gonna start #OccupyTheTower to protest these 1%ers bragging about their Queenbreaker AOO medals.

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

They wouldn't have to do advanced trig on the exotic formula if they just sprinkled some of this poo poo back into Xur's inventory.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

^burtle posted:

They wouldn't have to do advanced trig on the exotic formula if they just sprinkled some of this poo poo back into Xur's inventory.

Gotta save that for next time a AAA title is released

texaholic
Sep 16, 2007

Well it's floodin' down in Texas
All of the telephone lines are down
Is there a Master ives quest for thunderlord?

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

texaholic posted:

Is there a Master ives quest for thunderlord?

It's an exotic quest, I haven't looked further than that

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Gotta save that for next time a AAA title is released

Another 3 weeks til Cowboys Online hits I guess.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Telesto is the Besto

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
Love to have the braytech osprey and not care, meanwhile all the reddit skyboxers are melting down about not having it for the Wayfarer participation trophy

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
dear bungie, plz give all the skyboxers the dumb y1 RL so i can identify more easily who the skyboxers are in crucible doing their weekly

IronSaber
Feb 24, 2009

:roboluv: oh yes oh god yes form the head FORM THE HEAD unghhhh...:fap:
Skyboxers?

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

IronSaber posted:

Skyboxers?

pve dork lords that post 17 pages of reddit posts about how to optimize for a 500ll strike boss

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

What exactly is a skyboxer? Urban dictionary seems inapplicable here

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

Rubellavator posted:

What exactly is a skyboxer? Urban dictionary seems inapplicable here

an old d1 joke. some poster with the name of "steve" complained that the raids were inaccessible to solo players that just wanted to enjoy the sky box that bungie had built.

edit: also the birthplace of this gif

https://i.imgur.com/dI1M8Ey.gifv

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
im pretty sure hes also the guy that went to bungie to give employees free hugs

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

Maker Of Shoes posted:

an old d1 joke. some poster with the name of "steve" complained that the raids were inaccessible to solo players that just wanted to enjoy the sky box that bungie had built.

In his defense bungie make some drat good skyboxes, and the raid areas have a special distinctive feel and quality that is just not present or different in the rest of the game.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

Tei posted:

In his defense bungie make some drat good skyboxes, and the raid areas have a special distinctive feel and quality that is just not present or different in the rest of the game.

Yeah it’s almost like part of the reward for using team mechanics and communication

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

Bust Rodd posted:

Yeah it’s almost like part of the reward for using team mechanics and communication

nah, the real reward for beating a raid is the friends you make and the "git gud" that come attached with a well deserved "feel good".

except Destiny 2 raids, that I hate

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Bust Rodd posted:

I don't even think it's that the raid bosses' uniqueness is the reward for using team mechanics and communication. Rather, I think that the ability to design around the expectation of good team coordination is what allows Bungie to make those bosses in the first place. If they had to be designed to be completed by randoms with no communication, they wouldn't be able to be as cool or unique, because they'd have to be a lot simpler.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

Harrow posted:

I don't even think it's that the raid bosses' uniqueness is the reward for using team mechanics and communication. Rather, I think that the ability to design around the expectation of good team coordination is what allows Bungie to make those bosses in the first place. If they had to be designed to be completed by randoms with no communication, they wouldn't be able to be as cool or unique, because they'd have to be a lot simpler.

this doesn't stop pubbies from blowing supers into strike bosses during their invuln stage. or dying to base level adds. or falling off the map. or

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

I constantly die to base level adds because I'm diving into masses of enemies like I'm doomguy. Because when you make it out alive it owns.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Harrow posted:

Yeah, they'd be strike bosses, which have to be designed so that one player can drag the team over the finish line even if the other two are not helping at all or AFK or whatever.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Maker Of Shoes posted:

this doesn't stop pubbies from blowing supers into strike bosses during their invuln stage. or dying to base level adds. or falling off the map. or

I tend to swing wildly back and forth between being the guy who does all these things and being the guy who carries the team with clutch supers and revives

Sometimes this is in the same strike

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

xzzy posted:

I constantly die to base level adds because I'm diving into masses of enemies like I'm doomguy. Because when you make it out alive it owns.

Whoa, I think we matched together last time I solo queued gambit!

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

xzzy posted:

That's how I play too, but at least I'm constantly making GBS threads out orbs. I'm pretty sure most of my deaths are by misadventure though. Am I supposed to be doing something special to get exotic engrams or am I just unlucky?

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

rodbeard posted:

That's how I play too, but at least I'm constantly making GBS threads out orbs. I'm pretty sure most of my deaths are by misadventure though. Am I supposed to be doing something special to get exotic engrams or am I just unlucky?

Everyone is equally unlucky.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

Unlucky.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

rodbeard posted:

It's all RNG baybee.

QuasiQuack
Jun 13, 2010

Ducks hockey baybee
Still getting 6 sword ammo from the wall in gambit :bungie::discourse:

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

QuasiQuack posted:

Still getting 6 sword ammo from the wall in gambit :bungie::discourse:

"Hope you're proud, I am"

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
I've said it before and I'll say it again...

Black Talon is going to be good in Gambit

QuasiQuack
Jun 13, 2010

Ducks hockey baybee

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Hell, I'd say it already is

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

You'll never know

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Ran into someone using black talon in clash last week, it had a very high Get Rekt score because whenever that guy got heavy it was purple jizz in the chin for everyone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

THE BIG DOG DADDY posted:

You'll never know

They added Y2 exotics to the game today!