Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1057358158442782722

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
This seems unusual for the NFL trade deadline.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Whoa

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat
NFC NORTH SALE, EVERYTHING MUST GO GO GO

YOU GOT PICKS? WE GOT PLAYERS. NO FINANCING, NO CAP WORRIES, JUST GIVE US A CALL AND YOU GOT A TRADE!

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg
Oct 4, 2004

ha, ha, ha, og me ekam

Shrimpy posted:

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1057351281168338945

Much better than cutting him and letting the Patriots mine him for information.

Yay! Good job Packe...

Motherfuckers!

Pops Mgee posted:

Mods do the needful.

:suicide:

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!

gently caress. I hate this so much, but I guess they’re getting something for him given it was unlikely he was getting resigned.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
4th rounder.

https://twitter.com/TomPelissero/status/1057361167881039874

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends

VJeff posted:

This seems unusual for the NFL trade deadline.

A lot of people are speculating that the increased cap and rookies on cheap deals means teams are more willing to take on bigger contracts than usual

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

Packers are going all in on the "Please Rodgers, get us 35 points so we can win this game strategy"

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

People all over the world,
Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!
If there’s one place where we have plenty of depth it’s safety. :v:

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!

Meh, not happy but I guess a 4th rounder might be worth more than ten or eleven more games this year with HHCD.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
Y'all should trade rodgers if you don't want to win the division

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Bye, Montgomery, HaHa

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!

mastershakeman posted:

Y'all should trade rodgers if you don't want to win the division

It’d be utterly insane to do and they’d better not, but I wonder how many 1st round picks Rodgers would command on the trade market. Anything less than four or five gets laughed right out of the building.

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat
1st round and few 2nd or third rounders. his cap hit isn't worth it on a team that isn't built around only having one good player on the field.

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
I must win every thread in GBS. I don't care how much banal semantic quibbling and shitty posts it takes.
So who is taking Haha's spot? Packers have a glaring hole at safety.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Cousins and two 1st rounders. Make it happen.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!
https://twitter.com/zachkruse2/status/1057365208027578370?s=21

:stare:

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

No. My favorite defensive player.

Mr. Funktastic
Dec 27, 2012

College Slice

Leon Einstein posted:

So who is taking Haha's spot? Packers have a glaring hole at safety.

My guess is that they transition either Tramon Williams or Josh Jackson to safety and finally get Breeland into the CB rotation. It's not the worst move in the world considering the contract HHCD was going to be asking for and his inconsistent play this year but I feel like the Packers could've gotten more than a 4th for him. Or at least trade whatever assets you got for him to get a Landon Collins to replace HHCD or a Chandler Jones to help with pass rushing.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!
We all knew HHCD would be gone next year, the only question was whether it was before the trade deadline or in the off season.

Still sucks. :sigh:

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

9 defensive busts and a white WR.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Bears are gonna lose to Nathan Peterman next week and I'm gonna be livid.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

CharlestheHammer posted:

9 defensive busts and a white WR.

Ted can't hurt you anymore.

Mr. Funktastic posted:

My guess is that they transition either Tramon Williams or Josh Jackson to safety and finally get Breeland into the CB rotation.

It'll be Tramon. He's visibly lost a step but still knows Pettine's defense and is worth having on the field for that reason.

I wonder how much this has to do with Alexander's remarkable progress. If not for that the Packers probably don't feel as comfortable moving one of our veteran corners to safety.

But Alexander and King and Breeland is a solid foundation.

Hizawk
Jun 18, 2004

High on the Lions.

Dexo posted:

Bears are gonna lose to Nathan Peterman next week and I'm gonna be livid.

Mack can't break the will of the QB if the QB has none to begin with.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Hizawk posted:

Mack can't break the will of the QB if the QB has none to begin with.

Ah so that's how Brock did it

Honestly they should sit mack again and save him for the lions games

Shrimpy
May 18, 2004

Sir, I'm going to need to see your ticket.

Mr. Funktastic posted:

My guess is that they transition either Tramon Williams or Josh Jackson to safety and finally get Breeland into the CB rotation. It's not the worst move in the world considering the contract HHCD was going to be asking for and his inconsistent play this year but I feel like the Packers could've gotten more than a 4th for him. Or at least trade whatever assets you got for him to get a Landon Collins to replace HHCD or a Chandler Jones to help with pass rushing.

Whatever happened to Josh Jones?

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

People all over the world,
Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!

Dexo posted:

Bears are gonna lose to Nathan Peterman next week and I'm gonna be turgid.

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

1st Sgt. Matthews and the men have Procured for me a cummerbund from a traveling gypsy, who screeched Victory shall come at a Terrible price. i am Honored.

Shrimpy posted:

I'm really hoping Josh Jones is part of the plan, because if Brice and Whitehead back there is Plan A, we're turbofucked.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

A fourth for HHCD is really disappointing since that's likely the compensatory pick we would have gotten for him just for letting him walk, so why not just keep him for the last 9 games (and potentially playoffs)? Getting rid of him early for no actual gain must mean that they want to see more development from other players that wouldn't have gotten playing time if Clinton-Dix was still playing, or that they think Tramon at safety and Breeland at corner was better than Tramon at corner and HHCD at safety.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Also the 2015 draft class was an epic bust. 3 seasons later and the only player still with the Packers is a second-rate linebacker with an ACL injury. Ye gods Ted.

Hizawk
Jun 18, 2004

High on the Lions.

Pops Mgee posted:

Bears are gonna lose to Nathan Peterman next week and I'm gonna be turgid

Bears are gonna lose to Nathan Peterman next week and I'm gonna be rigid.

Styles Bitchley
Nov 13, 2004

FOR THE WIN FOR THE WIN FOR THE WIN
It's ok Lions fans, you still got Ameer Abdullah.

:thumbsup:

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Styles Bitchley posted:

It's ok Lions fans, you still got Ameer Abdullah.

:thumbsup:

Hey at least we didn't run him out of town for fumbling a kickoff.

And we've had plenty of opportunities!

Mr. Funktastic
Dec 27, 2012

College Slice

Shrimpy posted:

I wouldn't mind seeing him get some action but considering he evidently couldn't beat out Brice for the starting SS job, still not sure how good he really is but hopefully we'll see more in the coming weeks. The cap situation looks pretty good next offseason so maybe the Packers can try their luck in getting Landon Collins or something.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!
It's amusing watching all the journalists who have never watched a regular season Packers game out themselves today.

"Surely the Packers see themselves as a contender..."

This team should have been in full rebuild mode 4-5 years ago if not for being gifted a playoff spot every year by the most self-sabotaging division in all of football.

Edit:

VJeff posted:

You're trying so hard to make this a thing, but Montgomery was on the chopping block all year. Aaron Jones has been really good and deserves way more carries than he's getting. The fumble was just the excuse the team needed to get rid of Montgomery.

BGrifter fucked around with this message at 01:42 on Oct 31, 2018

Styles Bitchley
Nov 13, 2004

FOR THE WIN FOR THE WIN FOR THE WIN

VJeff posted:

Two weeks ago I would say he was perfect trade fodder, but after that showing Lions probably couldn't get poo poo for him and with the Tate shifts, Blount not going to be around forever, they stuck with him. Keep in mind Abdullah has had fumbling problems since he's been with Detroit.

I still want to know the deal behind the timing of Marvin Jones' contract being restructured.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

SKULL.GIF posted:

A fourth for HHCD is really disappointing since that's likely the compensatory pick we would have gotten for him just for letting him walk, so why not just keep him for the last 9 games (and potentially playoffs)? Getting rid of him early for no actual gain must mean that they want to see more development from other players that wouldn't have gotten playing time if Clinton-Dix was still playing, or that they think Tramon at safety and Breeland at corner was better than Tramon at corner and HHCD at safety.

There was no way we were getting a 4th for him as a compensation letting his contract expire at the end of the season.

I'm not saying this was a blockbuster deal. But we weren't getting a solid 4th for him walking at the end of a contract.

PupsOfWar
Dec 6, 2013

I'm mostly just not sure who's playing free safety now

neither Jones nor Brice has experience centerfielding and the other safeties on the roster are unproven

switching Jones over would both not suit his current skillset and remove flexibility with nickel packages

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

Against All Tyrants

Ultra Carp

Styles Bitchley posted:

Two weeks ago I would say he was perfect trade fodder, but after that showing Lions probably couldn't get poo poo for him and with the Tate shifts, Blount not going to be around forever, they stuck with him. Keep in mind Abdullah has had fumbling problems since he's been with Detroit.

I still want to know the deal behind the timing of Marvin Jones' contract being restructured.

My guess is trying to make room for another trade that ultimately fell through. Maybe they lost out on Fowler?