Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

nm
Jan 28, 2008

"I saw Minos the Space Judge holding a golden sceptre and passing sentence upon the Martians. There he presided, and around him the noble Space Prosecutors sought the firm justice of space law."
If burritos are sandwiches, why would tortas exist?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 11 hours!
That's why I was saying; USDA doesn't really have the authority here, FDA does. USDA only has that definition to give them additional authority for meat processing inspections.

btw I was recently sent genuinely excellent journalism describing how FDA is hosed over by "consumer groups" like the CSPI:
https://newfoodeconomy.org/fda-carcinogenic-flavor-chemical-food-additive-lacroix-lawsuit/
https://newfoodeconomy.org/clean-label-dirty-little-secret/

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
Just got offered a job at a criminal defense firm. Sent in resume/cover letter/writing sample at 9:30am. Got a call at 10:00 to schedule an interview next week. Owner texted me at 12 asking if I could come in at 2. I’ve got trial on Thursday as second chair if I want the job. Pay is slightly better than state pay but not remarkable. Head of the firm is cool though, so I think I’m going to do it.

Pook Good Mook
Aug 6, 2013

ENFORCE THE UNITED STATES DRESS CODE AT ALL COSTS!

This message paid for by the Men's Wearhouse& Jos A Bank Lobbying Group

Mr. Nice! posted:

Just got offered a job at a criminal defense firm. Sent in resume/cover letter/writing sample at 9:30am. Got a call at 10:00 to schedule an interview next week. Owner texted me at 12 asking if I could come in at 2. I’ve got trial on Thursday as second chair if I want the job. Pay is slightly better than state pay but not remarkable. Head of the firm is cool though, so I think I’m going to do it.

Sounds like a high workload but if you like criminal law there's no better position to be in for your first job. Congrats.

Prospective law students: go to law school.

yronic heroism
Oct 31, 2008

Well a lot of people think PDs have a thankless job but at least they don’t have to listen to a bunch of entitled middle class to rich people who think they own them for the price of a retainer complain how they might actually have to live with a court record that they broke the law.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
It’s not a PD. Basically all of the clients are paying and there’s room for rapid pay raises if I’m doing well and bringing in business.

I’m most likely going to take the job. I just haven’t pulled the lever yet. Debating on asking for a little bit more pay since I’m going to be a big tax cut for her first year.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Mr. Nice! posted:

It’s not a PD. Basically all of the clients are paying and there’s room for rapid pay raises if I’m doing well and bringing in business.

I’m most likely going to take the job. I just haven’t pulled the lever yet. Debating on asking for a little bit more pay since I’m going to be a big tax cut for her first year.

Pull the lever now if you want the job, don't wait another moment.

But also, don't expect "rapid pay raises."

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Vox Nihili posted:

Pull the lever now if you want the job, don't wait another moment.

But also, don't expect "rapid pay raises."

I’m asking for a little bit higher starting wage and accepting regardless of whether I get the extra money or not.

Hoshi
Jan 20, 2013

:wrongcity:

Mr. Nice! posted:

I’m asking for a little bit higher starting wage and accepting regardless of whether I get the extra money or not.

Congrats, I hope you like it

nutri_void
Apr 18, 2015

I shall devour your soul.
Grimey Drawer

Hoshi posted:

"like it" lmao

Pook Good Mook
Aug 6, 2013

Hoshi posted:

Same here. I mean this honestly, Mr. Nice, you've had a really good attitude during your job search, despite a lot of interviewer double-speak and set-backs. I'm glad you've gotten your foot in the door.

Look Sir Droids
Jan 27, 2015

The tracks go off in this direction.
Congrats, Mr Nice.

In that trial you might second chair, did they say if the client is a sandwich?

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
She offered $50k but I wanted to see if I could get $55k. I told her I’m worth a tax credit and asked for $60k. She said $55k with a bump to $60k on April 1st next year. Looks like I have a job. :grovertoot:

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Look Sir Droids posted:

Congrats, Mr Nice.

In that trial you might second chair, did they say if the client is a sandwich?

I’m going to bring it up regardless. I need a modern ruling.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Mr. Nice! posted:

She offered $50k but I wanted to see if I could get $55k. I told her I’m worth a tax credit and asked for $60k. She said $55k with a bump to $60k on April 1st next year. Looks like I have a job. :grovertoot:

Nicely done although the April fools thing is pretty funny

Have a tally on total interviews you went through?

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
I think around 16 or 17 in total. Have another next week that I’m going to have to cancel now.

Toona the Cat
Jun 9, 2004

The Greatest

Mr. Nice! posted:

Mazel Tov!

EwokEntourage
Jun 10, 2008

BREYER: Actually, Antonin, you got it backwards. See, a power bottom is actually generating all the dissents by doing most of the work.

SCALIA: Stephen, I've heard that speed has something to do with it.

BREYER: Speed has everything to do with it.

Mr. Nice! posted:

Congrats dude

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer
Another success story! Good job man

homullus
Mar 27, 2009

blarzgh posted:

Another success story!

How long ago was the previous one?

Nice piece of fish
Jan 29, 2008

Ultra Carp
Congrats, my dude. Definitely well deserved!

Eminent Domain
Sep 23, 2007

A 21 taco salute in honor of your victory, Mr Nice.

But seriously, good on ya. You kept at that poo poo and deserve it.

sincx
Jul 13, 2012

furiously masturbating to anime titties

sincx fucked around with this message at 06:15 on Mar 23, 2021

EwokEntourage
Jun 10, 2008

BREYER: Actually, Antonin, you got it backwards. See, a power bottom is actually generating all the dissents by doing most of the work.

SCALIA: Stephen, I've heard that speed has something to do with it.

BREYER: Speed has everything to do with it.

homullus posted:

Toona successfully avoiding being a lawyer (momentarily)? Does it count if it doesn't last?

nm
Jan 28, 2008

"I saw Minos the Space Judge holding a golden sceptre and passing sentence upon the Martians. There he presided, and around him the noble Space Prosecutors sought the firm justice of space law."
If you like it, try to turn it into a PD job in the future.
Goondolances on having to be a lawyer now.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Congrats welcome to the Dark Side of Defencr Lawyerin and hopefully you go full communist and join us in the PD ranks.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

homullus posted:

Throatwarblers lies about success and accolades

Arcturas
Mar 30, 2011

Congrats man, that’s nice to hear!

Yuns
Aug 19, 2000

There is an idea of a Yuns, some kind of abstraction, but there is no real me, only an entity, something illusory, and though I can hide my cold gaze and you can shake my hand and feel flesh gripping yours and maybe you can even sense our lifestyles are probably comparable: I simply am not there.

Mr. Nice! posted:

Congrats Mr. Nice! I'm so sorry that I couldn't help you find a job.

Phil Moscowitz
Feb 19, 2007

If blood be the price of admiralty,
Lord God, we ha' paid in full!
I’m glad you got a job.

G-Mawwwwwww
Jan 31, 2003

My LPth are Hot Garbage
Biscuit Hider
What percentage of referral business do you get to keep as incentive?

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
Thanks everyone. I’m just glad to finally have something and it’s doing something I actually want to do.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

CaptainScraps posted:

What percentage of referral business do you get to keep as incentive?

If I refer anyone to the PI firm we refer to I get 100% of the referral fee.

Pook Good Mook
Aug 6, 2013

I am giving Toona credit for Pittsburgh owning

https://twitter.com/RawStory/status/1057381107774173190

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Mr. Nice! posted:

Congrats dude, hope it suits you and fully expecting rants about your insane clients in 3 weeks or less.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
I mean I could rant about insane clients now. At least these ones will be paying.

nm
Jan 28, 2008

Goddamn, that's the best thing that's come out of Pittsburgh since I dunno.

G-Mawwwwwww
Jan 31, 2003

My LPth are Hot Garbage
Biscuit Hider

Mr. Nice! posted:

If I refer anyone to the PI firm we refer to I get 100% of the referral fee.

Get a percentage of the Crim too. Also if you're ballsy, do family law. Dv cases are good money but absolutely soul crushing.

Hoshi
Jan 20, 2013

:wrongcity:

nm posted:

Goddamn, that's the best thing that's come out of Pittsburgh since I dunno.

Gritty

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

That's philly

Easy mistake to make since Philly isnt in the top 100 in cultural cities in the USA