Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Earthers get to walk outside into the light, breathe pure air, look up at a blue sky, and see something that gives them hope, and what do they do? They look past that light, past that blue sky; they see the stars, and they think: mine.

https://youtu.be/uCd8MYnHTLw

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Was gonna say mix into a drink also. Heat will mess it up pretty sure so you don't want to cook it regardless.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Moridin920 posted:

Was gonna say mix into a drink also. Heat will mess it up pretty sure so you don't want to cook it regardless.

Heat kills most drugs dead.
Especially LSD which will degrade into nothing even at room temp.

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Rigged Death Trap posted:

I've heard this plenty but I don't think it's as bad as people make it out to be, my wife had some she forgot about (wrapped tightly in foil and pressed between the pages of a book) for like a few months and it was still good after that. I've also heard that moisture degrades it too so maybe it's that? I always kept mine in the freezer wrapped in foil regardless (and then let it warm to room temp before opening it to make sure condensation doesn't form).

LSD's one of the few drugs I used to do back when I was in college that I really miss and wish I could do more of :sigh:

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Shame Boy posted:

I've heard this plenty but I don't think it's as bad as people make it out to be, my wife had some she forgot about (wrapped tightly in foil and pressed between the pages of a book) for like a few months and it was still good after that. I've also heard that moisture degrades it too so maybe it's that? I always kept mine in the freezer wrapped in foil regardless (and then let it warm to room temp before opening it to make sure condensation doesn't form).

LSD's one of the few drugs I used to do back when I was in college that I really miss and wish I could do more of :sigh:

Sunlight and more than room temp heat are killers for it. Wrapped in foil and in a book should be fine for quite a while, yeah. Not as long as in a freezer though.

I'm not sure condensation matters - you can mix it in with water and it's fine. Not 100% sure though.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Spuckuk posted:

MDMA would work in nothing, it tastes insanely bitter

mmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Moridin920 posted:

Sunlight and more than room temp heat are killers for it. Wrapped in foil and in a book should be fine for quite a while, yeah. Not as long as in a freezer though.

I'm not sure condensation matters - you can mix it in with water and it's fine. Not 100% sure though.

Yeah I've seen it in eye dropper bottle things mixed with a bit of water, so I'm sure it's fine short-term, I've just heard it'll break it down over time faster if it's moist / wet. No idea if that's true or not but I know a lot of fairly delicate chemicals are like that so it's not too implausible :shrug:

e: It also might be people misinterpreting "water can dissolve it and thus leach it out of the blotter" now that I'm thinking about it

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

psychedelics are less fun than they were in college if you have any sort of responsibility and the slightest inclination towards paranoia about it

fabergay egg
Mar 1, 2012

it's not a rhetorical question, for politely saying 'you are an idiot, you don't know what you are talking about'

A good recrystalization of MDMA to get it reasonably pure would cut out most of that Id think.

^also putting it in a g&t would help mask it.

Most synthetic drugs are bitter or straight up taste terrible, and hell most of botanical origin are also bad tasting.

Pure mdma would still be bitter as hell, as are most substituted phenylethylamines. Phenylethylamine itself might have more of a fishy amine taste to it but IDK, I've only caught the scent of it while using it in a reaction. It doesn't smell good, if anyone's wondering.

Bitter taste receptors probably evolved specifically to alert us to potentially toxic compounds, which p much every alkaloid is. But many own bones at lower dosages.

Shifty Nipples
Apr 8, 2007

capitalism.png - We are all on drugs

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

boar guy posted:

psychedelics are less fun than they were in college if you have any sort of responsibility and the slightest inclination towards paranoia about it

Weirdly I've never had any paranoia about LSD, it's the one drug that's never given me a bad time or made me feel awful or anything, and I used to do it quite a bit.

Meanwhile weed stopped being enjoyable after I got addicted to amphetamines for like 6 months, now weed and anything derived from it just makes me super anxious and uncomfortable, which is a shame cuz I used to love weed. Guess the addiction melted the weed-fun-havin' part of my brain :sigh:

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
LSD made me paranoid as gently caress to the point that I thought a fellow student in the dorm hallways/elevator was a plainclothes officer about to arrest me lol

She just gave me some chicken.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Shifty Nipples posted:

there's a reason coke was snorted with dollar bills for a straw

Homocow
Apr 24, 2007

Extremely bad poster!
DO NOT QUOTE!

Pillbug

No it wont, LSD is pretty stable at room temperatures.

Don't put LSD in the freezer that's nonsense, you're going to end up with condensation that makes things worse.

also capitalism sux

Shifty Nipples
Apr 8, 2007

got any sevens posted:

there's a reason coke was snorted with dollar bills for a straw

Because it is more likely that a person would have paper currency in their pocket than a straw?

Peanut Butler
Jul 25, 2003

boar guy posted:

the only paranoia I have associated with acid is that it's really difficult these days, where I live, to get LSD for sure. Friend of mine ended up in the hospital after blacking out on blotter acid that, oops, was PCP

there are like a million ways I took the 00s for granted

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Jesus christ fuckin lol
I know what I was expecting before I clicked that link

But it sure loving wasnt a study on the stability of LSD in urine

lol I guess I'll dissolve my LSD some tepid piss and pour it in brown bottles for best results

Rigged Death Trap has issued a correction as of 21:33 on Oct 30, 2018

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon

Shifty Nipples posted:

The government is corrupt
And we're on so many drugs
With the radio on and the curtains drawn

starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"
I'm a boring person who has never tried an 'illicit' drug. I would definitely try them if I could trust they'd been made and tested in a certified lab though.

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

starkebn posted:

I'm a boring person who has never tried an 'illicit' drug. I would definitely try them if I could trust they'd been made and tested in a certified lab though.

Where's the fun in that?

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
drug use is vastly boring to hear about if you're not a teen

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
I only consume illegal narcotics that are certified fair trade and cruelty-free.

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

drugs are boring, cooking is seldom boring

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747
sugar is my drug of choice

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

bob dobbs is dead posted:

drugs are boring, cooking is seldom boring

Cooking on weed is great fun. Jusft make sure you keep some for sober leftover 'how the gently caress did I think this was a good idea?!' reflections.

KiteAuraan
Aug 5, 2014

JER GEDDA FERDA RADDA ARA!

Outrail posted:

Cooking on weed is great fun. Jusft make sure you keep some for sober leftover 'how the gently caress did I think this was a good idea?!' reflections.

i once mixed kimchi, cheese, ground beef and gojuchang when i was high as gently caress and thought it was the best thing ever.

i know that this is not true sober.

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

The average is 5.5? I thought it was 4. This is very unsettling.

KiteAuraan posted:

i once mixed kimchi, cheese, ground beef and gojuchang when i was high as gently caress and thought it was the best thing ever.

this is just like some dope rear end fusion chili i'd eat it drunk or high (sober)

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

KiteAuraan posted:

I feel stoner cooking is the lizard brain urge to create the perfect blend of salt, sugar, fat and umani boiled down to its most primative state.

rump buttman
Feb 14, 2018

I just wish I had time for one more bowl of chili

Outrail posted:

I feel stoner cooking is the lizard brain urge to create the perfect blend of salt, sugar, fat and umani boiled down to its most primative state.

*looking up from dipping my saltines in chocolate milk*

no you are

TheMostFrench
Jul 12, 2009

Stop for me, it's the claw!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v9EKV2nSU8w

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
Lol my nephew watched so much youtube all his personality and mannerisms were formed by algorithm

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

SniperWoreConverse posted:

Lol my nephew watched so much youtube all his personality and mannerisms were formed by algorithm

i cant wait for the future where all youths are gormless smiley happy people who flinch when you mildly criticize a brand in front of them

Zombiepop
Mar 30, 2010

SniperWoreConverse posted:

Heck same.

Siljmonster
Dec 16, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Jel Shaker posted:

i cant wait for the future where all youths are gormless smiley happy people who flinch when you mildly criticize a brand in front of them

Boomers already exist

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

Jel Shaker posted:

No he's a hosed up rear end in a top hat

Zombiepop
Mar 30, 2010

Jel Shaker posted:

So the present? Tho now all the youth is depressed.
In the same vein I feel I get a lot of flinchin or in general bad vibes when trying to talk about how awful "good" brands is, like almond milk for vegans n poo poo. Like I can criticize adidas but if I talk poo poo about expensive rear end soy/almond/oat milk, oh boy..thats personal.

Schneider Inside Her
Aug 6, 2009

Please bitches. If nothing else I am a gentleman
i think weed is ok to do but other drugs are a bit dicey nowadays. Capitalism has even taken hold of drug dealers

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

the dreams of the delighting void

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

harsh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
but fair