Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

At some point they're gonna roll out a patch and somehow manage to delete system32 aren't they.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry

Lunatic Sledge posted:

it's weird to me because Scrounger and Fortune Finder already existed in FO4 and were passive

Right, but they're strictly progressive. You never drop Scrounger for Better Criticals for a fight and then go back after it's over.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

Yardbomb posted:

At some point they're gonna roll out a patch and somehow manage to delete system32 aren't they.

They are not Eve Online.

https://arstechnica.com/gaming/2007/12/eve-online-trinity-borks-windows-deletes-boot-ini/

GI_Clutch
Aug 22, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
Dinosaur Gum
I was out of town all day and yeah, my preload was completely wiped and I hadn't touched anything (the launcher had been running in the background). The weird part was there was a Windows Explorer window open when I sat down telling me the Fallout76\__download folder no longer existed.

At least I'm on track to have in re-downloaded in roughly an hour.

Moose-Alini
Sep 11, 2001

Not always so
Yeah my stuff was all deleted too. Redo sliding pretty fast, but let’s see what happens when it actually is supposed to launch. Are goons organizing anywhere for this?

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
Sorry PC goons.

Eiba
Jul 26, 2007

It unlocked! It installed! It said "ready to play!" I clicked it!

It's been "installing dependencies 1 of 1... Direct X June 2010 Resist" for like 5 minutes now.

Who knows what'll happen next! Maybe I'll get to play the game. Maybe it'll delete everything on my hard drive. How exciting!

Edit: It worked! I'm in! It loaded!

Can't play yet. My login "lack's the required entitlements," but I'm probably good to go for the beta at 7.

... It'll probably be lonely if no one else gets it working.

Eiba fucked around with this message at 23:05 on Oct 30, 2018

Drashin
Feb 26, 2013
For anyone wanting to try this out with a PS4 I have a spare beta code due to a mix-up. PM me for it.

Edit: Code is Gone

Drashin fucked around with this message at 00:01 on Oct 31, 2018

Logic
Jan 8, 2009
Downloaded it a few days ago, logged the computer in when I got home from work thinking there might be a small patch before beta went live and yep another 47 gb download...says it will be done in 32 minutes but I don't like my odds. Now were up to 72 minutes....seriously Bethesda drat you!

Logic fucked around with this message at 23:22 on Oct 30, 2018

Prophecy120
Feb 4, 2003

God Bless the Enclave! God Bless America!
Yeah same here, having to re-download everything. Great sign so far!

Psychotic Weasel
Jun 24, 2004

Bang! You're dead.
"We hope you all enjoyed the BETA of FO76 which consisted of stress testing our infrastructure by forcing everyone to download multiple copies of the game for four straight hours."

See you all in November!

Eiba
Jul 26, 2007

Even if you download the game it's not going to let you play for another half hour. It says it's offline and the beta starts at 7.

Source: I've been looking at the title screen for the past half hour.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Tenzarin posted:

ESO is a legit fun game before you get max level and then it turns into hot garbage.

This was my experience as well.

DurosKlav
Jun 13, 2003

Enter your name pilot!

Working for me, just loaded.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

Tenzarin posted:

ESO is a legit fun game before you get max level and then it turns into hot garbage.

My favorite experience of ESO are playing with the two thiefs and murdered DLCs.

Going around stealing money and stuff from vendors, murdering npcs. Making money from that and leveling the faction.

Just doing that was great to me. Also hilarious wen a few of us where going around murdering and looting people.

Who cares about the leveling and quest system? theres already a billon mmos with quest and a leveling system. The great nice thing about ESO are the small sandbox elements.

Eiba
Jul 26, 2007

Oh god I'm playing the game now and there's two twich streamers making rape jokes and racist jokes during the character creator and there's no loving way to turn it off.

This is literally the most unpleasant experience I have ever had in a game ever. How the gently caress do I mute people? This is literally nauseating.

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

loving excellent, open mic you can't switch off during character creation so you hear eight twitch streamers all talking over and getting real confused on one stream

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Eiba posted:

Oh god I'm playing the game now and there's two twich streamers making rape jokes and racist jokes during the character creator and there's no loving way to turn it off.

This is literally the most unpleasant experience I have ever had in a game ever. How the gently caress do I mute people? This is literally nauseating.

The Dynamic™ Community-Driven™ Experience™ everyone should expect :laffo:

Psychotic Weasel
Jun 24, 2004

Bang! You're dead.
That sounds hilarious. Just add to the cacophony by talking really loudly into your mic and making random comments to see how many people you can throw off.

Psychotic Weasel fucked around with this message at 00:03 on Oct 31, 2018

GI_Clutch
Aug 22, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
Dinosaur Gum
Does this run like complete poo poo for anyone else? Running a 6700K @4.6GHz with a GTX1080 @ 1440p. It defaults to Ultra settings. I tried lowering them and it told me I had to restart for the settings to take effect. I restarted and it defaulted back to Ultra. I'm getting between 15 - 25FPS.

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

GI_Clutch posted:

Does this run like complete poo poo for anyone else? Running a 6700K @4.6GHz with a GTX1080 @ 1440p. It defaults to Ultra settings. I tried lowering them and it told me I had to restart for the settings to take effect. I restarted and it defaulted back to Ultra. I'm getting between 15 - 25FPS.

I share your hardware (minus the overclock) so this is a let-down. Please keep reporting in if you get it dialed in correctly.

Super Rad
Feb 15, 2003
Sir Loin of Beef

GI_Clutch posted:

I'd check if there's anywhere in-launcher to edit display options, otherwise you might have to find a .ini somewhere lol

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy
Is there a way to get a code without pre-order?

pyrotek
May 21, 2004

Agoat posted:

Is there a way to get a code without pre-order?

You can get a beta key on dodgy cd key sites for like $2.

Sweet, my preload got erased, and instead of downloading at 80MB/sec like I did the first time I downloaded it I'm getting a sweet 1.67 now. This beta is going to be fantastic.

GI_Clutch
Aug 22, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
Dinosaur Gum
So I turned on the FPS display on my monitor. I'm running in borderless windowed mode. As soon as I click onto another window (Chrome), I go up to 144fps. I'm watching the game run beautifully on my main monitor as I type this post. As soon as I click back into the game, 14FPS, lol. Maybe now that I'm out of the vault I'll trying changing it to regular old Windowed mode. I found if you don't leave the vault it makes you go through character creation again.

Edit: Now that I'm in windowed mode, it's running at 144FPS. Not a fan of Windowed, but it's performing nicely at least.

GI_Clutch fucked around with this message at 00:20 on Oct 31, 2018

Saladin Rising
Nov 12, 2016

When there is no real hope we must
mint our own. If the coin be
counterfeit it may still be passed.

Eiba posted:

Anime Schoolgirl posted:

loving excellent, open mic you can't switch off during character creation so you hear eight twitch streamers all talking over and getting real confused on one stream

Yardbomb posted:

The Dynamic™ Community-Driven™ Experience™ everyone should expect :laffo:

You mean to say that this video was accurate after all?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=koV7ZZB2Ufw

I'm shocked, shocked to find out people would be gigantic assholes in an online multiplayer game, like they have been in every online multiplayer game ever.

Eiba
Jul 26, 2007

The game started me in the middle of the night for some reason. As soon as I leave the vault a guy starts shooting me. He can't do anything, but I don't think he knows that. It's so dark I can't see anything. The only reason I get a gun is that I saw a preview and knew where a body was next to the vault, otherwise it would just be an inky black spot in a sea of inky black spots.

I got attacked by a toad. It was also just a black splotch. Something in the blackness started shooting lasers. I literally can't see what's going on.

This has been quite an experience so far.

Edit: Oh wait, everything's just black shapes even in the daytime. I think this doesn't actually run on my computer outside of the vault section. Welp.

Eiba fucked around with this message at 00:25 on Oct 31, 2018

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

The game runs like poo poo when its in focus (6700k, 1080ti, a whole lotta ram), but when I tabbed out to bitch about it in this thread I noticed that it seems to be running really smooth when it's not the active application lmao

GI_Clutch
Aug 22, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
Dinosaur Gum
Nintendo had it right all these years with the no voice chat thing.
"Hey you. You're ugly."
"Where'd you get that gun?"
"Hey, come back here!"

Also, I totally didn't pay attention to the fact you start with a machete. Ended up almost dying trying to punch four scorched to death. Oops.

Xik
Mar 10, 2011

Dinosaur Gum

fadam posted:

The game runs like poo poo when its in focus (6700k, 1080ti, a whole lotta ram), but when I tabbed out to bitch about it in this thread I noticed that it seems to be running really smooth when it's not the active application lmao

This is normal for a Bethesda game, it runs better when you're not playing it.

NeurosisHead
Jul 22, 2007

NONONONONONONONONO

pyrotek posted:

You can get a beta key on dodgy cd key sites for like $2.

Sweet, my preload got erased, and instead of downloading at 80MB/sec like I did the first time I downloaded it I'm getting a sweet 1.67 now. This beta is going to be fantastic.

I was just coming to post that the download I left at my cap of 10MB/sec an hour ago seems to have stagnated to 1.5MB/sec - and has dropped to 1.1 and falling in the time it took me to type this. Download server infrastructure BETA successful?

Akion
May 7, 2006
Grimey Drawer
Some days I feel like, as a product manager, maybe I'm not that great.

Then Bethesda comes along with what sounds like a right proper dumpster fire of a game, and I don't feel so bad.

PapaBump
Jan 3, 2005

büyük bir ibne
Mine has said installing 17% for like 20 mins...no way I'm restarting anything after it redownloaded the whole god drat thing again

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

You can literally turn off voice chat in the audio settings. I did it almost immediately. That being said, not sure if I'm enjoying this. But maybe I'm just glued to Red Dead to care about a Fallout 4 Multiplayer mod right now. Running it all ultra on PC and it's playing fine but just seems kind of bland.

SwitchbladeKult
Apr 4, 2012

"The warmth of life has entered my tomb!"
Edit: NM that fix doesn't work

Eiba
Jul 26, 2007

Tim Whatley posted:

You can literally turn off voice chat in the audio settings. I did it almost immediately. That being said, not sure if I'm enjoying this. But maybe I'm just glued to Red Dead to care about a Fallout 4 Multiplayer mod right now. Running it all ultra on PC and it's playing fine but just seems kind of bland.
You can't access the audio settings while in the character creator.

Or if you can, I couldn't find the option.

CaptainCaveman
Apr 16, 2005

Always searching for North.

pyrotek posted:

Yeah, sure am glad I preloaded ahead of time just to have the launcher delete everything and now it's estimating that the download will be done roughly an hour after the beta closes tonight. I was expecting lots of bugs, but I figured they'd be in the game itself, not the launcher deleting everything.

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007
This seems to be going well

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005
This is, sadly, more important to me than bettering myself.

Donovan Trip posted:

This seems to be going well

Tell me about it! I didn't preorder, but I'm loving the heck out of this beta! :peanut:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

https://youtu.be/_Ojd0BdtMBY?t=4
this beta preload deletion!!!! hoisted by my own petard. I owe this thread an apology. I am sorry.