Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

il serpente cosmico posted:

Did they make the boobs bigger?

You get some new characters some new sidequests and a completely new campaign that is pretty decent length.

All for 30 bucks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008

il serpente cosmico posted:

Did they make the boobs bigger?

Impossible, we haven't advanced enough as a species or a culture

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
I'm one of those fuckin' neanderthals who likes DKC3 the most and I will fight people on this

Stickerbrush Symphony is good but it doesn't redeem the whole of DKC2 :colbert:

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.

KingSlime posted:

Have you replayed the classic DK games recently? I did, and they're definitely not as good as my child brain told me they were.

Maybe that's what they mean? I wouldn't say they're outright bad, just not terribly enjoyable

I have and they are fun.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

DKC is ok (not great) and Banjo is indeed mediocre

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Mak0rz posted:

Looks like someone's* never played the Saturn port of Symphony of the Night :colbert:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xawnFEnlk4E

* everyone

This has completely hosed me up and ruined my life because I didn't know this existed. I had always thought SotN was a PSX exclusive.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

I said come in! posted:

This has completely hosed me up and ruined my life because I didn't know this existed. I had always thought SotN was a PSX exclusive.

If its any consolation the game chugs on the Saturn, the new playable character is wholly unbalanced and the extra areas added are really really bad.

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Afaik a different team did the port and basically ignored everything in the system architecture the Saturn was good at, so they added content to make up for the technical deficiencies.

It's been disavowed since.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
Picture SotN in one of those long Saturn jewel cases.

Zibidibodel
Jan 10, 2012

punk rebel ecks posted:

Banjo and Kazooie being "bad" confuses me as much as when people say that Donkey Kong Country was "bad".

I'm just saying for what I got out of the trade, losing them in Smash would be worth it.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Barudak posted:

If its any consolation the game chugs on the Saturn, the new playable character is wholly unbalanced and the extra areas added are really really bad.

I really don't know abou...

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Heath posted:

Japan and U.S. had different jewel cases and both were the best designs for any video game case.

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.

I said come in! posted:

Japan and U.S. had different jewel cases and both were the best designs for any video game case.

Too bad the U.S. design was fragile as gently caress.

Zibidibodel
Jan 10, 2012

Heath posted:

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

punk rebel ecks posted:

Too bad the U.S. design was fragile as gently caress.

Yes, I remember breaking them.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

KingSlime posted:

Have you replayed the classic DK games recently? I did, and they're definitely not as good as my child brain told me they were.

Maybe that's what they mean? I wouldn't say they're outright bad, just not terribly enjoyable

I played through all three earlier this year and they aged like fine wine. DKC3 is a lot better than people give it credit for.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I actually don't know if that American jewel case is official. To my understanding this only came out in Japan, so that design you posted is probably fan made.

I said come in! fucked around with this message at 22:12 on Oct 30, 2018

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Sega Saturn US long cases basically existed to shatter into plastic shrapnel.

Banjo Nuts and Bolts is the only ok Banjo game and the first time playing Banjo Kazooie I thought my friend was lying to me that he liked it.

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

II got enter the gungeon on switch... it crashed when I went down the elevator after the first boss. thankfully it started in the same place when I next played it. it did the same thing after the second boss. I assume it’ll resume properly again, but, is this normal

FruitPunchSamurai
Oct 20, 2010

After having played DKC 1 and 2 fairly recently, I can say that they still hold up pretty well. Overall I liked 1 better than 2 which I guess some people might consider a hot take. 2 just felt a bit too gimmicky at times and the bee boss with squawks really soured me on it, but I was enjoying the game up until that point. They're definitely games worth taking a look at if you want some old school platforming. I can't say the same about 3. I've never really cared much for it. It's a shame that switch doesn't have any snes games on it. I would rebuy even though I bought them on 3ds and wiiu already.

Toebone
Jul 1, 2002

Start remembering what you hear.

b_d posted:

II got enter the gungeon on switch... it crashed when I went down the elevator after the first boss. thankfully it started in the same place when I next played it. it did the same thing after the second boss. I assume it’ll resume properly again, but, is this normal

I've played it a couple hours and it's never crashed for me

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

I recently played Banjo-Kazooie for the first time since it came out and it's some tedious and poorly-controlled poo poo I tell you.

Now F-Zero X, that is still fun as hell.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
I've always been down on 2 and I've always gotten flack for it. It isn't a bad game by any stretch, but to me it's the ugliest of the three, mostly pretty dark outside of the bramble levels and kind of muddy feeling in general. The plasticine look of the first game has some charm to me still, probably because of that weird Nintendo Power promo VHS I had as a kid brainwashing me. The third game has some of the best textures I've seen on a game its age, especially the wood grain in the mill stages and the bark on the trees in the vertical forest stages.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
While we're talking about Donkey Kong and Banjo Kazooie, how about that Donkey Kong 64

pretty good, pretty good

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Donkey Kong 64 is so bad it killed the collectathon genre.

Zinkraptor
Apr 24, 2012

As a kid I liked Tooie more than Kazooie but from what I understand that is a “bad opinion”. I haven’t played either in like over a decade so I’m not sure if Tooie holds up any better than Kazooie does. I remember Tooie having a lot more really lovely jiggies that are just miserable to get (Canary Mary) but it might be good if you’re just collecting enough to beat the game. I dunno.

Your Computer posted:

While we're talking about Donkey Kong and Banjo Kazooie, how about that Donkey Kong 64

pretty good, pretty good

Remember how like half the moves in the game (the guns, the instruments, the three(!) ground pound moves, the one that’s literally just DK pulling a lever) mostly functioned as just fancy ways to hit switches? That was great.

I’ll defend parts of DK64 but overall it’s a very bloated game that seems actively spiteful towards the player at times (that beaver herding mini game isn’t too hard when you figure out the “trick” but there’s absolutely no reason for it to work the way it does). I loved it as a child and I still had some fun with it when I played it again a few years ago for what that’s worth, but I went into my more recent playthrough knowing that it was kinda bullshit so my expectations weren’t exactly high. Nostalgia also helped.

I also find it really funny that it’s so balanced around lag (when the game lags, the player moves faster relative to the rest of the game, in an attempt to hide the lag) that in the less laggy VC version of the game (or when emulating, if that’s your thing), several of the races and some mini games are MUCH more difficult.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
DK64 is like a parody of the collect a thon

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

But I want it noooowwww. :smith:

Zibidibodel
Jan 10, 2012

CharlestheHammer posted:

DK64 is like a parody of the collect a thon

Edit: Speaking of collect a thons, why TF isn't spyro coming to switch!?

Zibidibodel fucked around with this message at 23:37 on Oct 30, 2018

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Zibidibodel posted:

Edit: Speaking of collect a thons, why TF isn't spyro coming to switch!?

I swear to goodness it was at one point but the preponderance of evidence says i was in a fugue state.

Time to buy a stupid non portable 4k version I guess

redreader
Nov 2, 2009

I am the coolest person ever with my pirate chalice. Seriously.

Dinosaur Gum
I bought my Switch about a year ago at a best buy in Colorado, I live in California. I'm pretty sure I still have the receipt. I'm going on holiday pretty soon and don't have time to send it in: my 'l' button (the left button next to the trigger) on the joycon is stuck. I can make it be stuck pressed or stuck not-pressed by pushing and pulling at it, but it doesn't click on or off.

-Can I just open it up and put it back together? Might that help it?
-If I do that have I hosed up my warranty?
-If I do that and try to return it to best buy if I'm not successful, can I just ask for a new joycon and not get a whole new switch?

Alternatively I can buy 2 more joycons, and send these ones in at my leisure I suppose. Nintendo would repair this one, right? Has anyone got any suggestions? I don't remember abusing this and also don't remember playing any games that use it. It could always have been like this. I noticed when playing dark souls and unable to use the shield.

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

b_d posted:

No I've played it tons without crashing issues.

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

Zinkraptor posted:

I also find it really funny that it’s so balanced around lag (when the game lags, the player moves faster relative to the rest of the game, in an attempt to hide the lag) that in the less laggy VC version of the game (or when emulating, if that’s your thing), several of the races and some mini games are MUCH more difficult.
Oh that's nothing. Speedrunners figured out that speed increase breaks a lot of things in the game and it's easy to trigger by tossing a bunch of explosives out first. Plus the walls are more as suggestions some of them can be walked through by holding up for a moment. The whole game is an amazing mess.

Edit: Basically DK64 is in the "so broken in so many ways we have to make up rules" camp of speedrunning games. Nearly nothing works right under stress.

LethalGeek fucked around with this message at 00:17 on Oct 31, 2018

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord

Excited to see more Yosh

Zibidibodel
Jan 10, 2012

https://twitter.com/enosetc/status/1057287686443188224

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

:laffo:

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Grax tried to come after me in his starship and I pressed the L button and called the Star Fox team and told him to get hosed

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008

Al Borland Corpse posted:

Grax tried to come after me in his starship and I pressed the L button and called the Star Fox team and told him to get hosed

Lol thats kinda how im imagining things are gonna work. I've just got Asher left to do, after that :black101:

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

The Star Fox team is an orbital death laser. At a harvester or prime after the weak point is exposed I can just press L and they'll be dead before the game even counts my ability as having been used and I still have the ability and don't have to wait for it to charge because it's interrupted by the death cutscenes of the enemies

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
I’m assuming I can’t preorder Pokémon yet, right...?