Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

They added Y2 exotics to the game today!

I glitched my way into getting three of them early through something called "exotic engrams." Am I going to get banned?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Harrow posted:

I glitched my way into getting three of them early through something called "exotic engrams." Am I going to get banned?

This poster has already been apprehended by law enforcement, btw

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

It's both thrilling and terrifying.
I already got the trophy for acquiring 10 Forsaken exotics.

I think I'm at 13-14 now.

*ducks*

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

qbert posted:

*ducks*

What the gently caress

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

qbert posted:

*ducks*

I've gotten 21 exotic engrams since Forsaken and all 21 have been Year 1

The Meat Dimension
Mar 29, 2010

Gravy Boat 2k
I’d be satisfied with just a MW Wardriff Coil

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

actionjackson posted:

What the gently caress

your rng seed is derived from your gamertag

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

actionjackson posted:

What the gently caress

I just checked, this is what I got so far:
Ace of Spades
Chaperone
Lord of Wolves
Wish-Ender
Malfeasance
Cerberus+1
Black Talon
Queenbreaker
Wavesplitter
Heart of Inmost Light
Ursa Furiosa
Antaeus Wards
Phoenix Protocol

I can't really complain about my rng, I know people who have played way more than I have an have gotten very few exotics. Still really want Trinity Ghoul, Two-Tailed Fox, and Shards of Galinor though.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

xzzy posted:

your rng seed is derived from your gamertag

Where's the section ID calculator

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

I've said it before and I'll say it again...

Black Talon is going to be good in Gambit

Some might say it is the future meta

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
Hi its me im the guy using Borealis in gambit invasions and racking headshots every time because pubbies freeze when invaded.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

Hi its me im the guy using Borealis in gambit invasions and racking headshots every time because pubbies freeze when invaded.

Pubbie defenders freeze like deer, pubbie invaders who don't have sleeper will play ring-around-the-rosy with you and a pillar for thirty seconds lmao

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

couldn't you break a shield before entering the portal to get ionic return up and then just body shot people

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

The Meat Dimension posted:

I’d be satisfied with just a MW Wardriff Coil

Grind Heroic Strikes on days you like the modifiers. I've purposely done so since Forsaken dropped just for Catalysts and have gotten Wardcliff, Riskrunner, Prometheus Lens, and Coldheart. I've seen them drop for others too.

Anecdotal but it feels like they're dropping at a good pace. Good luck getting it.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Strike Catalysts DO also drop from Nightfalls, btw.

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.

deadwing posted:

couldn't you break a shield before entering the portal to get ionic return up and then just body shot people

:thunk:

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

Is there any activity I should be focusing on for exotics. I feel like I should have gotten one by now.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

rodbeard posted:

Is there any activity I should be focusing on for exotics. I feel like I should have gotten one by now.

My personal pet theory (copyright gogogadgetchris) is the Strike Daily/Weekly milestones.

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

My personal pet theory (copyright gogogadgetchris) is the Strike Daily/Weekly milestones.

Your .PPT sucks bitch!!

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

rodbeard posted:

Apparently the Spider weekly powerful bounty has a higher chance of rewarding exotics.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

rodbeard posted:

I got two from my ikora milestones others have been from random milestones around the place but the ikora one has netted me the most.

So, uh, anything that has a "powerful reward" including your dailies.

Also on your post before

rodbeard posted:

I suck at crucible so bad. I was at .6 kd and I'm slipping even further because I'm trying to line up headshots for ace of spades.

Don't try to line up headshots with handcannons. The way flinch works in destiny is if you're aiming at someone's head and get shot your cursor moves away from the head. If you're aiming anywhere else it pushes it toward their head.

Aim toward the enemy and time but spam your shots.

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy

deadwing posted:

I mean probably. I didnt even think about it, im just using borealis because it looks like a .50 cal, i finished the catalyst, and it's the only non trash sniper rifle i have

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

First powerful gear thing gave me a new exotic, loving finally. It was black talon.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

Exotic engrams can just randomly pop out of adds apparently

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Wait is thus murder mystery quest literally just playing one public event? That's all?

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

hiddenriverninja posted:

Exotic engrams can just randomly pop out of adds apparently
Those are Prime engrams from Challenging enemies (anything higher than red bar I think, not just yellow)

And just got my first 600 drop :toot: A chestpiece I infused into my Inmost Light chest

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

RBA Starblade posted:

Wait is thus murder mystery quest literally just playing one public event? That's all?

Yep, come back in December for new content.

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

You can either follow me to our bedroom or bend over that control throne because I haven't been this turned on in FOREVER!

RBA Starblade posted:

until next week when it'll be something new, and then the week after that you'll do something else and then get thunderlord

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?

Roman posted:

Those are Prime engrams from Challenging enemies (anything higher than red bar I think, not just yellow)

And just got my first 600 drop :toot: A chestpiece I infused into my Inmost Light chest

no you can get actual exotic engrams from random poo poo. They are yellow and auto decrypt, you don't have to take them back to cryptarch and always give exotics

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

Mazerunner posted:

no you can get actual exotic engrams from random poo poo. They are yellow and auto decrypt, you don't have to take them back to cryptarch and always give exotics
Yeah, I forgot that's where I got my Inmost chest from.

It will be nice to be 600 for a week before they raise the power level for Black Armory. I assume.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Legs Benedict posted:

until next week when it'll be something new, and then the week after that you'll do something else and then get thunderlord

I better :argh:

Also gently caress you Petra stop giving me helmets you've given me four helmets and ten thousand tigersprites already

Springfield Fatts
May 24, 2010
Pillbug
Guuuuhhh I can already tell I'm gonna get hosed by this new quiter's tax. I live in a region of the world with random disconnects and now every PvP game is a fun new roulette spin.

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.
I only realized within the last two minutes that borealis was a PS4 exclusive until forsaken dropped

I just checked in with 1995 5th grader poooM, Arizona public schooled*, and have confirmed that platform exclusive content is in fact Jewish and gay

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I got my first Forsaken exotic drop! It's Queenbreaker :toot:

I want it to quick charge and hipfire for gambit right?

RBA Starblade fucked around with this message at 03:56 on Oct 31, 2018

the bsd boys
Aug 8, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 354 days!

el B posted:

I only realized within the last two minutes that borealis was a PS4 exclusive until forsaken dropped

I just checked in with 1995 5th grader poooM, Arizona public schooled*, and have confirmed that platform exclusive content is in fact Jewish and gay

gently caress all the way off with the ironic antisemitism and homophobia. it's 2018 and there's actual nazis around, do you really want to get lumped in with them

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

el B posted:

Ok cool timely hot take, rear end in a top hat.

Siljmonster
Dec 16, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

el B posted:

This is stupid and you are loving stupid stop being so stupid.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Extremely Cunty post