Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Magrov
Mar 27, 2010

I'm completely lost and have no idea what's going on. I'll be at my bunker.

If you need any diplomatic or mineral stuff just call me. If you plan to nuke India please give me a 5 minute warning to close the windows!

Also Iapetus sucks!

frankenfreak posted:

Yeah, but they're professional footballers which helps a lot.

Its still a possibility for random people that have european up to grand-grandparents but it usually costs a lot and takes a long time (like, a couple of years).

Also, there have been some changes in the italian and portuguese laws that made these citzenship requests harder, so if you have living grandparents that are children of europeans you should hurry and get then his citzenship while they are still alive or you might lose the right.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

My cousin's family spent more than 5k BRL to get an Italian citizenship for his step-daughter.

spivak
May 19, 2010
Yes, I have an Italian grandmother and my aunt's family used this in order to become italian-brazilian citizens. I thought about trying it too but nowadays it is much harder. And I would rather become Portuguese after some years of residency, since both processes take years or more and I don't really want to be Italian. But I might have no choice in the matter. I will see what I can do. Thanks!

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

Magrov posted:

Its still a possibility for random people that have european up to grand-grandparents but it usually costs a lot and takes a long time (like, a couple of years).

Also, there have been some changes in the italian and portuguese laws that made these citzenship requests harder, so if you have living grandparents that are children of europeans you should hurry and get then his citzenship while they are still alive or you might lose the right.
Right, with "helps a lot" I meant mainly speeding the process up. I still remember how in the late nineties suddenly a certain Pedro Paolo Rink discovered he had a German great-grandfather and got fast-tracked to German citizenship because he had a couple of good matches for Leverkusen and looked better than any German forward at the time.

THS
Sep 15, 2017

spivak posted:

I don't really want to be Italian.

this is very understandable, i wish you luck regardless

spivak
May 19, 2010
About armed insurgencies: it is a catastrophically bad idea. It is all mostly a matter of momentum. Right now 56% of Brazilians voted for the fascist. So you have the police, the plutocrats, the army, the evangelicals, the new political establishment and most of the population in favor of Bolsonaro. You should just find ways to protect yourselves, your loved ones and the disenfranchised.

THS
Sep 15, 2017

the insurgency can start in a few years when massive neoliberal reforms implemented incompetently by a bunch of howling retards causes economic conditions to rapidly worsen

Siljmonster
Dec 16, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Met someone earlier this year from Brazil, lives in the capitol, was working on the elections for the left wing.

I NEED TO GET THEM OUT OF BRAZIL.

The Dipshit
Dec 21, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

The Dipshit has issued a correction as of 04:07 on Oct 31, 2018

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Bibi is gonna be the first Israeli PM to come to an inauguration here. Game recognizes game.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

If massacring and taking land from native people and giving them to settlers is going to be our policy we better get advice from someone who's got the expertise.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Plutonis posted:

If massacring and taking land from native people and giving them to settlers is going to be our policy we better get advice from someone who's got the expertise.

Canada?

Negostrike
Aug 15, 2015

Siljmonster posted:

Met someone earlier this year from Brazil, lives in the capitol, was working on the elections for the left wing.

I NEED TO GET THEM OUT OF BRAZIL.

Make funeral arrangements.

Siljmonster
Dec 16, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Negrostrike posted:

Make funeral arrangements.

They were robbed today.

Siljmonster has issued a correction as of 04:23 on Oct 31, 2018

THS
Sep 15, 2017

ill marry a hot gay brazilian dude. it’s not fraud because i’m single and looking.

Homocow
Apr 24, 2007

Extremely bad poster!
DO NOT QUOTE!

Pillbug

Homocow has issued a correction as of 06:09 on Oct 31, 2018

Fat Lowtax
Nov 9, 2008

"I'm willing to pay up to $1200 for a big anime titty"

THS posted:

the insurgency can start in a few years when massive neoliberal reforms implemented incompetently by a bunch of howling retards causes economic conditions to rapidly worsen

Could be on the Erdogan trajectory where the early reforms are generally done well, the institutions are broken down slowly and you just get a sultan forever

there is no need to be afraid

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

spivak posted:

Yes, I have an Italian grandmother and my aunt's family used this in order to become italian-brazilian citizens. I thought about trying it too but nowadays it is much harder. And I would rather become Portuguese after some years of residency, since both processes take years or more and I don't really want to be Italian. But I might have no choice in the matter. I will see what I can do. Thanks!
i got some bad news about the italian government vis-a-vis immigration

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

get that OUT of my face posted:

i got some bad news about the italian government vis-a-vis immigration

oh :ohdear:

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Siljmonster posted:

Thats the only real option we have.

They were robbed today.

following the editing parade

Goatse James Bond has issued a correction as of 06:35 on Oct 31, 2018

The Dipshit
Dec 21, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
I'm going to delete my dumb joke, and I encourage everyone to also delete the quote of my very obviously stupid joke.

EDIT: Thanks guys. I appreciate it. The rest of my posting can stand as a testament to my stupidity well enough.

The Dipshit has issued a correction as of 11:45 on Oct 31, 2018

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

He always looks in pain

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
https://twitter.com/Vinncent/status/1057402402029142016?s=19

Kanthulhu
Apr 8, 2009
NO ONE SPOIL GAME OF THRONES FOR ME!

IF SOMEONE TELLS ME THAT OBERYN MARTELL AND THE MOUNTAIN DIE THIS SEASON, I'M GOING TO BE PISSED.

BUT NOT HALF AS PISSED AS I'D BE IF SOMEONE WERE TO SPOIL VARYS KILLING A LANISTER!!!

(Dany shits in a field)

spivak posted:

About armed insurgencies: it is a catastrophically bad idea. It is all mostly a matter of momentum. Right now 56% of Brazilians voted for the fascist. So you have the police, the plutocrats, the army, the evangelicals, the new political establishment and most of the population in favor of Bolsonaro. You should just find ways to protect yourselves, your loved ones and the disenfranchised.

Only 39% of voters voted for Bolsonaro.

Kunster
Dec 24, 2006

The "Actually, he won bc we were clueless libs and didn't listen" coming from here wouldn't be as grating if the same media didn't parrot the exact same poo poo Bolso stated in a NeverTrumpesque way. Specially coming from people who spent several years agitating for the government to clamp down on lefties and labour unions. Without reporting chuds trying to get teachers fired and gay folk stabbed and villages burned. Christ.

Kunster
Dec 24, 2006

Bolso's now picking ministers for his future government, and so far a few Lava Jato faces (Which was the most predictable thing in the universe save for bolsonominis and portuguese centre right dipshits) have been chosen. Needless to say, his and his kids's mentions are getting filled with angry fans.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

He also chose Moro for Justice lmfao. A just reward for the hit job on Lula.

mila kunis
Jun 10, 2011

Elias_Maluco posted:

Kinda of, but not exactly. They are more like paramilitary groups created under the pretense of protecting communities from the drug gangs, which of course are gangs themselves and are now controlling favelas much like the drug gangs

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/05/22/opinion/rio-janeiro-terrorize-militias.html

One of the bolsonaro kids tried to pass a law legalizing their activity

And left wing congresswoman Marielle Franco was most probably killed by militiamen (we will never know now. A sign that was created in homage to her was proudly destroyed by bolsonaristas during a rally (one of the guys who did is RJ new governor)

Lol right wing politics is just gangsterism

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

Sheng-Ji Yang posted:

yeah basically he voted for bolsonaro, went to a counterprotest to yell at lefties and was immediately assaulted by police for being black and "looking like a drug dealer" and now he hates bolsonaro. also his mother said he probably deserved it.

Good. Also there is a future and it will be born in America.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

https://edbangingrobot.tumblr.com/post/179592879349/lgbt-brazilians-take-care-with-dating-apps-and

yikes

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep

Sheng-Ji Yang posted:

yeah basically he voted for bolsonaro, went to a counterprotest to yell at lefties and was immediately assaulted by police for being black and "looking like a drug dealer" and now he hates bolsonaro. also his mother said he probably deserved it.

https://twitter.com/Cavalorn/status/654934442549620736

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.
Brazil is a dictatorship now. That sucks.

Magrov
Mar 27, 2010

I'm completely lost and have no idea what's going on. I'll be at my bunker.

If you need any diplomatic or mineral stuff just call me. If you plan to nuke India please give me a 5 minute warning to close the windows!

Also Iapetus sucks!

punk rebel ecks posted:

Brazil is a dictatorship now. That sucks.

Calm down folks, the guy hasnt even touched foot on the capital yet.

Save the dictatorship proclamation for when the new law classifying any protest with the intention of forcing the government to take any action as terrorism passes (which should happen within a month or so).

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep

Magrov posted:

Calm down folks, the guy hasnt even touched foot on the capital yet.

Save the dictatorship proclamation for when the new law classifying any protest with the intention of forcing the government to take any action as terrorism passes (which should happen within a month or so).

Speaking of which, they are already trying to expand the "anti-terror" law to include stuff like "making pressure on the government to do or not do anything based for social or ideologic motivation" in teh definition of "terrorism"

https://outline.com/XP58vd

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.
Brazil will be the right wing Venezuela, but even more authoritarian.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Typo posted:

china isn't gonna help a brazilian insurgency lol

xi and bolnosoro will shake hands and announce chinese aquisition of brazilian mining/logging rights for a gazillion dollars

Lol true

https://twitter.com/globaltimesnews/status/1057522569178501120

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Getfiscal just did a RT storm of china/russia promising to deepen ties with the president elect bwahaha.

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer
Just found someone with worse opinions than Bolsonaro voters:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

nerdz posted:

Just found someone with worse opinions than Bolsonaro voters:

:psyboom: except the gibs are dozens and little psyducks flying all over the place