Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Electric Hobo
Oct 22, 2008

Grimey Drawer
:kingsley:September judgement!:kingsley:

Third place, 1 point: Ugleb

The blue shading gives the figures an interesting and very cartoony look.

Second place, 2 points: Red Shoe

Still painting cool monsters. The pale skin is great, and the bells are very nice too.

First place, 3 points: Duct Tape

I love the weathering, especially the oxidized brass.

Bonus, 1 point: Grassy Gnoll

A good conversion that changes the tone of the model to something much better.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Red Shoe
Apr 16, 2005

Brogies in arms!
Thanks, Hobo!

Additional oath! Old Iron King and Artorias
Steamforged Games.

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

The pawsting business is tough work.

Thankee kindly. I also have points to distribute!

Third place, Galspar

I'm really enjoying how painterly your Nurgle guys have been. They're very cleanly gross.

Second place, Duct Tape

I love, love, love these color gradations. Dig that red.

First place, Red Shoe.

I'm pretty consistently going to award the most points for execution of things I hate doing. Pale skin, detailing and a large model all trip meet that condition.

Bonus point: Ilor

Heavy magnetization work makes these the most convertible models this month, and that's worth the theme prize.

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

ASK ME ABOUT HOW SCOTLAND'S PROPOSED TRANS LEGISLATION IS DIVISIVE AS HELL BECAUSE IT IS SO SWEEPING THAT IT COULD BE POTENTIALLY ABUSED AT A TIME WHERE THE LACK OF SAFETY FOR WOMEN HAS BEEN SO GLARING
Oath addition!

Green Arrow Frank Miller version, by Knight Models for Batman Minatures Game.

Electric Hobo posted:

:kingsley:September judgement!:kingsley:

Third place, 1 point: Ugleb

The blue shading gives the figures an interesting and very cartoony look.

Cheers! Comic book is apparently my style, good thing I paint a lot of Batman stuff!

Duct Tape
Sep 30, 2004

Huh?

grassy gnoll posted:

I love, love, love these color gradations. Dig that red.

Electric Hobo posted:

I love the weathering, especially the oxidized brass.

Thanks judges! I already cranked out two more in the exact same style. Only two more to go, and I'll have a full six-man Kastalen unit!

Also,

Duct Tape posted:

I, Duct Tape, oath one Hormagaunt Brood (12 Hormagaunts) along with stone terrain bases for October:

Oath Addition! Got a hodgepodge of models from a recaster, so I'm adding to my oath this month: 1 Secutarii Peltast, 6 Skitarii Vanguard, 1 Genestealer, and 1 Lictor.

KingMob
Feb 12, 2004
Et In Arcadia Ego
Oath Complete!

Dr. Gargunza
May 19, 2011

He damned me for a eunuch,
and my mother for a whore.

Fun Shoe
:siren: September Judgements! :siren:

Third Place, 1 point: Corrode

Nice conversion work, and a very smooth palette, especially on the skin. Your photo also nicely shows off the dynamic pose from the optimal angle.

Second Place, 2 points: gameraMan

I've got a soft spot for well-painted demons, and this guy looks like he's having a blast. The weapons conversions lend a delightful primitiveness to the figure, and the cold skin tones set him apart from the stereotypical hellbeast.

First Place, 3 points: Duct Tape

These robuts just scream subtlety (if that's possible), from the delicate weathering to the desaturated color scheme to the way you've worked the conversion bits into the structure. Amazing work.

Bonus Point: Red Shoe

Not a conversion, but very impressive work. The figure looks like it just walked out of a Souls game, with excellent blending and contrasts, and a color scheme that could best be described as "bleak."

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

I, NTRabbit, oath to paint for October

1 Wraith by Reaper (28mm)

Gonna try and speed paint it, have a plan to paint something for a tournament last week of November, but I can't oath it because the painting is gonna run over two months if I manage to get it done.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

NTRabbit posted:

Gonna try and speed paint it, have a plan to paint something for a tournament last week of November, but I can't oath it because the painting is gonna run over two months if I manage to get it done.

OATH COMPLETE

Quoting the original for need 4 speed

Proper completion pics

Claiming the challenge for wet blending my way from black to white, like this wraith is reaching out of the blackest depths to drag you down into them

Ilor
Feb 2, 2008

That's a crit.
Oath Complete!

Also, I'm claiming this month's Jurnal [sic] Technical Challenge for the blue-to-purple fade on the hair. This one was inspired by my wife, whose hair alternates between these two colors according to the season. This one was a challenge, because the color blend needed to happen on both the base colors as well as their highlights. The nice mid-transition lilac on the highlight color didn't seem to photograph very well, but I really like the way it came out IRL.

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

Dr. Gargunza posted:

:siren: September Judgements! :siren:

Third Place, 1 point: Corrode

Nice conversion work, and a very smooth palette, especially on the skin. Your photo also nicely shows off the dynamic pose from the optimal angle.

Thanks!

Duct Tape
Sep 30, 2004

Huh?

Duct Tape posted:

Oath Addition! Got a hodgepodge of models from a recaster, so I'm adding to my oath this month: 1 Secutarii Peltast, 6 Skitarii Vanguard, 1 Genestealer, and 1 Lictor.

Oath addition complete! See original oath completion post for photos.

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

Hero of the soviet union.
Accidental destroyer of planets
Oath Complete!

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

LazyAngel posted:

Oath Addition; the Briar Queen, Ever-hanged and Varclav, also from Nightvault

Figured I might as well finish off the ghosties, now I've got a scheme down.

Red Shoe posted:

October oath! Sif and the Gaping Dragon.
Steamforged Games

Red Shoe posted:

Thanks, Hobo!

Additional oath! Old Iron King and Artorias
Steamforged Games.

Ugleb posted:

Oath addition!

Green Arrow Frank Miller version, by Knight Models for Batman Minatures Game.

Cheers! Comic book is apparently my style, good thing I paint a lot of Batman stuff!

Duct Tape posted:

Thanks judges! I already cranked out two more in the exact same style. Only two more to go, and I'll have a full six-man Kastalen unit!

Also,

NTRabbit posted:

Approved!

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Friends: Protected
World: Saved
Crablettes: Eaten
There's a thing I really want to work on starting tomorrow (when the humidity should go down some) and finishing by next Saturday. Unfortunately that spans the month border :( So I guess no Oath Addition for me.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

I The Moon Monster oath 1 mushroom man (I believe this one is called a fatty?) by the Bog's Mushies Kickstarter for the month of October

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

The Moon Monster posted:

I The Moon Monster oath 1 mushroom man (I believe this one is called a fatty?) by the Bog's Mushies Kickstarter for the month of October

Oath Complete

Claiming Need For Speed and Cocktail Mixers for the red-yellow gradient on the cap.

After painting lots of large, intricate stuff where I'd sit down for a painting session and come away having finished, like, a leg, it was cathartic to just be sloppy and bang something out in like an hour of active painting time. I also only used blue, red, yellow, black, and white paint, which was fun.This guy has a nice, dickbuttesque, body type.

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

ASK ME ABOUT HOW SCOTLAND'S PROPOSED TRANS LEGISLATION IS DIVISIVE AS HELL BECAUSE IT IS SO SWEEPING THAT IT COULD BE POTENTIALLY ABUSED AT A TIME WHERE THE LACK OF SAFETY FOR WOMEN HAS BEEN SO GLARING
Oath Complete!

Red Shoe
Apr 16, 2005

Brogies in arms!
Oath Complete!

gameraMan
Dec 16, 2008

Aaaaaaagh!
Oath Complete

One bar and beverages for imbibing!

Before starting this one I didn't notice the bar top was perfectly smooth, so spent a couple days giving it texture:

(The part on the right is at the moment untextured)

Claiming Choose your poison of course.

Claiming Spic and Span, and given my mobile setup I have a couple of support pics:

Achieving maximum mess:

Paint and cleanup complete, as clean as it gets!

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

I, grassy gnoll, oath this thing for the month of October.

It will eventually be a robot, if it all fits back together. If not, it'll be scenery pieces.

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!
Nice to see the oath threads still alive and kicking.

As I have seen some Gaslands cars oathed I thought I'd pop in to promote the Gaslands thread I just made.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3873025&pagenumber=1&perpage=40#post489386845

Thanks.

LazyAngel
Mar 17, 2009

Oath Complete
Forgot how fun rust and tarnish could be.

I'd like to claim the Technique challenge for the blue->white blend. Apologies for slightly lovely photos - didn't have room to set up the lightbox this month.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Yvonmukluk posted:

I, Yvonmukluk, Oath for October 1 28mm Airfix Robogear Trooper, and 1 28mm Games Workshop Space Marine.

I'm counting the Space Marine as my Rescue Ranger model - it's actually I think from the first box of minis I ever bought (hence why the bolter's not in his hand - I apparently didn't realise you were supposed to cut off the pistol grip, so I just kind of wedged it in there), and I found him while rummaging through my bits box - the rest of his squad is lost to the warp. You probably can't make it out, but he's presently a poster child for THIN YOUR PAINTS.

Hopefully some Clean Spirit will scour that gunk off so I can paint him properly this time around. He'll be the vanguard of my Conquest Celestial Lions force.

Oath Complete!

Claiming Rescue Ranger for the Space Marine.

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

grassy gnoll posted:

It will eventually be a robot, if it all fits back together. If not, it'll be scenery pieces.

A hair over 24 hours, unfortunately. Found some time between trick-or-treaters.

Comparison with the unpainted version.

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Let's do the space-time warp again!

Hey guys! I bought a house and moved over the summer so I completely fell off the wagon on painting. I just set up a painting area (the first time I have had space for a dedicated one in years!) so I am going to make a comeback for November. I've been looking through everything I missed and there is lots of great work! Good job to everyone who bettered me and kept up oathing.

Weirdo
Jul 22, 2004

I stay up late :coffee:

Grimey Drawer
I Weirdo Oath one grey translucent bones Death Shroud from Reaper, 28mm,

and here it is less than 24 hours later

timestamped

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

OK folks, October is over

Onwards to November:

quote:

November - Rip and Tear
Add some battle damage or gore to your figure. They could have had their arm ripped off, taken an arrow to the knee or suffered a catastrophic ammo explosion. They could also have won the fight (don't worry, it's the other guy's blood)!

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

I, Yvonmukluk, Oath for November 2018 12 28mm Mantic GCPS Rangers.

Unfortunately the timestamp might be a bit fuzzy, so I can redo it if necessary.

Edit:
Just took a photo with a clearer timestamp, but the minis are a bit fuzzier.

Yvonmukluk fucked around with this message at 15:32 on Nov 2, 2018

KingMob
Feb 12, 2004
Et In Arcadia Ego
I, KingMob, Oath for November:

10 Plague Marines, GW, 28mm.

These will be my Rescue Ranger models for the year as I've already given them a wash.

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Let's do the space-time warp again!

I, Ashcans, oath this Privateer Press Grundback Gunner for November

I have two of these guys painted with battle damage, so this seems like the time to round out the group.

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

Thought I remembered to do this already....

I, FCB, oath for November:

4 PP Khador Widowmakers
1 totally rad Hot Wheels jeep for Gaslands
this big piece of resin terrain I found on clearance

(sorry for the total rear end quality of the pic, I can retake it if necessary)

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010
I, Pierzak, oath for November 2018:

7 skeletons (GW, 28mm, Warhammer Underworlds)

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

The Moon Monster posted:

grassy gnoll posted:

Weirdo posted:

I Weirdo Oath one grey translucent bones Death Shroud from Reaper, 28mm,

and here it is less than 24 hours later

timestamped

Approved for October

Yvonmukluk posted:

I, Yvonmukluk, Oath for November 2018 12 28mm Mantic GCPS Rangers.

Unfortunately the timestamp might be a bit fuzzy, so I can redo it if necessary.

Edit:
Just took a photo with a clearer timestamp, but the minis are a bit fuzzier.

food court bailiff posted:

Thought I remembered to do this already....

I, FCB, oath for November:

4 PP Khador Widowmakers
1 totally rad Hot Wheels jeep for Gaslands
this big piece of resin terrain I found on clearance

(sorry for the total rear end quality of the pic, I can retake it if necessary)

Ashcans posted:

I, Ashcans, oath this Privateer Press Grundback Gunner for November

I have two of these guys painted with battle damage, so this seems like the time to round out the group.

KingMob posted:

I, KingMob, Oath for November:

10 Plague Marines, GW, 28mm.

These will be my Rescue Ranger models for the year as I've already given them a wash.

Pierzak posted:

I, Pierzak, oath for November 2018:

7 skeletons (GW, 28mm, Warhammer Underworlds)

Approved for November

The spreadsheet should now be up to date so be sure to double check it before I assemble the gallery! https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/17l0uEMpeIJ9DCqQMIOo1aX39zre1NFVUiixHS8YfgBs/edit#gid=19

Galaspar
Aug 20, 2006
Will reign this way again
For November I, Galaspar, oath three Plague Marine characters by GW

These guys have been fun to build, and I've gone a bit further than usual with the bases. Hope the paint jobs will live up to that!

Duct Tape
Sep 30, 2004

Huh?
I, Duct Tape, oath 7 Genestealers from Games Workshop for November.

This will finish off the box I started last month. These guys are pretty quick to paint, so I'll likely add some Lictors or more Skitarii about halfway through the month.

Conan the Librarian
Mar 1, 2006

I drink zee beer from zee glass but das boring, das boot? ew yeah das more like it keep pouring
I, Conan the Librarian, oath these two (2) Ork Boyz for the month of November

I'm hoping to try out a couple of different paint schemes on these test figures and if things go well oath quite a few more this month.

Edit: Fixed images to thumbnails.

Conan the Librarian fucked around with this message at 09:17 on Nov 7, 2018

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

I, Zark the Damned, oath the following for November:

5 Khorneboyz from the Shadespire box. GW, 28mm

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Galaspar posted:

For November I, Galaspar, oath three Plague Marine characters by GW

These guys have been fun to build, and I've gone a bit further than usual with the bases. Hope the paint jobs will live up to that!

Duct Tape posted:

I, Duct Tape, oath 7 Genestealers from Games Workshop for November.

This will finish off the box I started last month. These guys are pretty quick to paint, so I'll likely add some Lictors or more Skitarii about halfway through the month.

Conan the Librarian posted:

I, Conan the Librarian, oath these two (2) Ork Boyz for the month of November

I'm hoping to try out a couple of different paint schemes on these test figures and if things go well oath quite a few more this month.

Edit: Fixed images to thumbnails.

Zark the Damned posted:

I, Zark the Damned, oath the following for November:

5 Khorneboyz from the Shadespire box. GW, 28mm

Approved!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gameraMan
Dec 16, 2008

Aaaaaaagh!
For November I, gameraMan, oath 1 Fire Giant Jailor!

Reaper Bones, 25mm

Will include Rip and Tear for TBD additional damage.

Going to throw in The Daily Double
Which will be from June (Composition (Guns Out)), and January (Every Step you Take).