Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"
I figure given how cavalierly they just gave out a three-skill commander that it's only a matter of time before you can buy highly-skilled crew outright.

I think we're still a ways off from bond equipment being for sale, and still think it'll make its debut in $99+ new tank packages.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

Tier 9 arty chat; does this sound right?

M55 > FV3085 > 212A > GWT with the BC55 thrown in there somewhere. Mainly I've established that the M55 is a better (faster, wider traverse, but slower reload) version of the FV3805, and the 212A just seems better than the GWT (similar gun, traverse, and mobility, but the former reloads faster and seems to have a high arc at range.) Thoughts?

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

Hellsau posted:

Duzzy your UI is a goddamn blight on mine eyes.

Eh, it's a stock selection from aslains mod pack.

You got something better, just name it

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

Atomizer posted:

M55 > FV3085 > 212A > GWT with the BC55 thrown in there somewhere. Mainly I've established that the M55 is a better (faster, wider traverse, but slower reload) version of the FV3805, and the 212A just seems better than the GWT (similar gun, traverse, and mobility, but the former reloads faster and seems to have a high arc at range.) Thoughts?

Bat55 might be just under the M53/M55 assuming nothing has changed. It gets a much worse gun than the M53 and goes about as fast if I remember post-nerf, but the full turret is a bit fun and repositioning is just so important. The FV was complete and utter garbage last I remember, like it was already a bad tier 9 arti and they nerfed it pretty ruthlessly, but I didn't actually play it so that's just two year old hearsay.

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Uninstall the game is the best UI. Or is that UX?

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Yeah, choose better options on the list and turn some off also. :wtc:

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

I was not trying to be sarcastic, if you guys have some XVM UI pack to recommend, let me know.

By the way, those pics are all with the UI-alt-setting enabled, I don't see any of that outside of tank name and three (four?) colored stars (based on global winrate, vehicle winrate, wn8) next to it. My screengrab hotkey just includes an alt+ combination, so you're getting the full player information on the overlay.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Yo, it's no longer a weekend, what is up with these goddamn teams. I'm breaking my back and can't pull out a 50% session winrate.

Also, S1 still owns. With so much pen, I'm barely ever digging into my premium shells.

/edit:

Also:

:)

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Duzzy Funlop posted:

I was not trying to be sarcastic, if you guys have some XVM UI pack to recommend, let me know.

Stock Aslain's mostly for me. But I changed back to the default crosshairs and changed a couple of the in game tank dashboards/contours (score, info, etc). I can't remember which ones I actually selected though :shobon:

saintonan
Dec 7, 2009

Fields of glory shine eternal

Atomizer posted:

The M53/55 is better than any of the Tier X arties, only the CGC is in its league. Good gun, mobility, and most importantly an extremely wide gun arc which means with proper positioning you can cover more than one flank at a time. I'd put the 155 55 next, then the FV3085 and GW Tiger are about the same, then the 212A is behind them. There's a pretty wide gap between the M53/55 and the rest of them, though.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Duzzy Funlop posted:

code:
Vahicle Name
HP Bar (Current HP)
Vehicle Class Icon
With Alt just showing me the player name to know what rear end in a top hat i should be pissed at.

Leave the XVM data for the loading screen and Tab button.

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

saintonan posted:

The M53/55 is better than any of the Tier X arties, only the CGC is in its league. Good gun, mobility, and most importantly an extremely wide gun arc which means with proper positioning you can cover more than one flank at a time. I'd put the 155 55 next, then the FV3085 and GW Tiger are about the same, then the 212A is behind them. There's a pretty wide gap between the M53/55 and the rest of them, though.

Oh I know about the M55 being best overall, I was remarking on the similarities with the FV3805 (which I already completed - they're really very close for the reasons I mentioned, and I'm actually doing worse with the former) and between the 212A and GWT. I like the M55 largely due to the mobility and traverse, despite it having a long reload (~36 sec.) I played through the BC55, and I liked the turret but didn't do well in it; I think it simply doesn't hit hard enough. I recently started playing the 212A after finally getting a crew retraining discount, and have been playing the GWT for a while; the former just feels better I think due to that gun (like I said, at long range it seems like the arc is really high, I think the 203 might be a howitzer.)

The 212A feels more mobile than the GWT even though the latter has a nominally higher top speed; the former has better specific power and traverse. The 212A also has the highest DPM and a little better accuracy and handling than the GWT. I'm not going to keep any of them aside from the M55, but I'm pleasantly surprised with the 212A.

Oh yeah, I also started putting fuel on these arty; I'm not tryharding enough to do food, but fuel is cheap enough and a mobility boost is welcome as I try to relocate a lot.

https://tanks.gg/compare/m53m55?t=fv3805~b-c-155-55~212a~gw-tiger

moolchaba
Jul 21, 2007
Was having a ho-hum night and got then I got the best game of my WoT life. My first Pool's. LOOK AT ALL THOSE drat MEDALS.

I took out 4 tanks while nursing 5 hit points.

Note to self: get that skill that helps you reload faster when under 10% hit points.

I SUCK AT THIS GAME! DREAMS COME TRUE.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

All the pubbies and teammates will look up and shout, "Carry us!" and I'll look down and whisper, "Alright, hold on a second." And then we'll win the game and my teammates will actually celebrate like they're human beings, but I'll wake up because World of Tanks players are human garbage that hate winning so this is obviously a photoshopped image.

moolchaba
Jul 21, 2007

Hellsau posted:

All the pubbies and teammates will look up and shout, "Carry us!" and I'll look down and whisper, "Alright, hold on a second." And then we'll win the game and my teammates will actually celebrate like they're human beings, but I'll wake up because World of Tanks players are human garbage that hate winning so this is obviously a photoshopped image.

It was pretty funny that those guys stuck around to watch. After my last teammate died, it was me vs 5 tanks.

I left myself exposed to take out the 2nd arty because that was going to be my 6th kill (no way I could survive against that many tanks anyways, so get that 6 kill) during which the SU-85B chewed me down with 2 shots down to 5 hit points... I flip around and laid 2 quick shots to waste him and then I refused to die as I murdered the rest. All of them.

Tonight, I go to bed a hero.

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

T-34-85M in a Tier IV battle. Yah.

Not to shoot you down or anything but not even half of those 15 enemy vehicles were close to being a real threat to that magic OP Stalinium fuckwagon you were driving, and that's before you factor how loving terribad the average pubbie is (I mean just look at the rest of your team!).

Still, well done an' that. Someone had to carry.

CitizenKain
May 27, 2001

That was Gary Cooper, asshole.

Nap Ghost

ZogrimAteMyHamster posted:

T-34-85M in a Tier IV battle. Yah.

Not to shoot you down or anything but not even half of those 15 enemy vehicles were close to being a real threat to that magic OP Stalinium fuckwagon you were driving, and that's before you factor how loving terribad the average pubbie is (I mean just look at the rest of your team!).

Still, well done an' that. Someone had to carry.

Even against tanks that don't really pose a threat, if there are enough of them, luck can run out. Driving the MiniMaus back in the day, even if most of the enemy team was useless, all it took was one rear end in a top hat in a Pz2 shooting HE at you to somehow kill both crew members.

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

CitizenKain posted:

Even against tanks that don't really pose a threat, if there are enough of them, luck can run out. Driving the MiniMaus back in the day, even if most of the enemy team was useless, all it took was one rear end in a top hat in a Pz2 shooting HE at you to somehow kill both crew members.

True enough I suppose. I'm just more than a little salty that someone gets to have all the fun wreaking havoc as a top-tier 85M, when all I ever get is the rear end-dangling side of WG's sweaty 3/5/7 ballbag in my face while I have to go out and find Skorpion G and Defender combos on the occasions that I take my own 85M for a spin (or just being diddled by the MM in general whenever I take anything out of the garage).

loving dumb poo poo asshat game.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
https://giant.gfycat.com/HonestJoyfulJanenschia.webm

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Guess what! :love:
Guess what this is? :love:
A Post, Just for you! :love:
Wedge Regret
I picked this game up a few days ago and I am planning on throwing a little money to get a premium account (I think tomorrow they are having a sale?). Right now I am trying to farm up some light IV tanks.

Barry
Aug 1, 2003

Hardened Criminal

moolchaba posted:

I took out 4 tanks while nursing 5 hit points.

Why didn't even one of those dumbasses throw an HE round your way, lol

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse
^ Because they're dumbasses. See, the way the average pubbie works is *hurl unaimed AP* bounce *hurl unaimed gold* bounce *press 3 and spam HE*. It's absolutely hilarious when they do and you are driving something completely unaffected by it because often times that means you are much bigger than them and they are too stupid to move. Bonus is when your own teammate does it to you and you happen to be using a derp gun so you can show them how it's supposed to work

McGavin posted:

Cool, I got some free poo poo for winning a lot!

*clicks link*

gently caress Wargaming forever. :wtc:

I got the same after a 4k damage Skorpion game that was designed towards the Skorpion. 5X XP boost for your Skorpion crew! *click* Nope

SocketWrench fucked around with this message at 15:07 on Oct 31, 2018

Barry
Aug 1, 2003

Hardened Criminal
The amazing thing is the default ammo of choice for pubbies is HE. Maybe they all just missed.

moolchaba
Jul 21, 2007
I'm awesome. That's why.

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

:black101:

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

How dare you have fun in the A-44. How dare you!!

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Grinding through the Foch atm and I am actually looking forward to the T10. Being able to clip out the vast majority of any tank's I see sure makes those targets have a fun gaming experience I bet.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

Katamari Democracy posted:

I picked this game up a few days ago and I am planning on throwing a little money to get a premium account (I think tomorrow they are having a sale?). Right now I am trying to farm up some light IV tanks.

What server are you on? The game is 300% better if you play in a platoon.

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

BadLlama posted:

Grinding through the Foch atm and I am actually looking forward to the T10. Being able to clip out the vast majority of any tank's I see sure makes those targets have a fun gaming experience I bet.

I'm still floundering around aimlessly (and I mean that literally thanks to the poo poo gun traverse limits) with the AMX AC 48, while not even close to researching the autoloader gun. My time with French TD's after the S35CA is loving cursed, and the current grind is loaded with some unbelievably loving RIGGED dispersion despite the listed 0.34 value, and even when I do hit the target it's a loving laughably pointless low roll resulting in getting kicked in the tits by the impeccably not-even-aimed return shot.

"What's that buddy, 300 alpha average? Whatever mate, you're dealing 230, no point in scaring the guy off. Here have another low one just to make him angry and rush you! And now miss constantly while the target's only getting bigger! Oh never mind!"

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Wedge Regret

serious gaylord posted:

What server are you on? The game is 300% better if you play in a platoon.

US. Eastern.

Also I'm not very good at the game and I only have about three days under my belt.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

US. Eastern.

Also I'm not very good at the game and I only have about three days under my belt.

Change to USCentral asap.

In game name?

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

US. Eastern.

All the better reason to play with a goon who can help you and tell you where to go and how not to be a window licking dribbler like 90% of the rest of the playerbase.

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Wedge Regret

MariusLecter posted:

Change to USCentral asap.

In game name?

Oh God. I signed up through facebook. Welp.

SIKE! is my in-game name. And I switched to US Central. I might not be able to play much as I have other nerdy obligations but every other day of the week I should be ok.

Katamari Democracy fucked around with this message at 23:09 on Nov 28, 2018

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

I free-xp'd to the auto-loader gun on mine but my experience with the TD's before that was that the entire line is absolute garbage. The auto-loader is still garbage if you try to play as a red-line sniper but I have had good success just playing it and the foch as a mid line support auto-loader that tries to preserve as much HP as I can for the end-game clip out session.

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Wedge Regret
Figured I would post on my progress. Lets take a look into the mind of a newbie!

Right now I am trying to save up enough credits to get my hands on the binocular telescope. I usually enjoy hiding and picking off shots as best as I can depending on the situation. I might see about grinding out a heavy tank but from what I know those are huge targets and I am not great at being the head of the pack.

Still, as much as I have read on people hating this game I really enjoy it.

E- Ah poo poo lets be real this is pretty much 95% of my experiences:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AM4JK7FzFH8&t=423s

Katamari Democracy fucked around with this message at 21:29 on Oct 31, 2018

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

BadLlama posted:

preserve ... HP

What HP? :anime:

I've tried everything with this shitbox so far but nothing helps. It's just a turd, isn't it? I really don't want to use 40k for that autoloader but at this rate I'll give myself a loving aneurysm.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

The problem with this game isn't that it's not fun, it's that it could be so much better if it was run by a competent dev team instead of a pile of drunk Belarusians.

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

This game still really sucks rear end. Terrible teams and everything's gotten worse. Im just assuming this though because Im not going to reinstall to find out ha ha

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

Figured I would post on my progress. Lets take a look into the mind of a newbie!

Right now I am trying to save up enough credits to get my hands on the binocular telescope. I usually enjoy hiding and picking off shots as best as I can depending on the situation. I might see about grinding out a heavy tank but from what I know those are huge targets and I am not great at being the head of the pack.

E- Ah poo poo lets be real this is pretty much 95% of my experiences:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AM4JK7FzFH8&t=423s

Always remember to use your team mates as bait. Especially in lower tiers where view ranges, gun stats and everything are uniformly terrible. Don't red line camp but learn your view range circles and start training your crew from tier 3 onwards. The difference between winning and losing a lot at lower tiers is often decided by having a fully trained crew.

Heavy tanks are also boring a.f to play but if you're going to do any go up the Soviet IS7 line to start as they're all quite forgiving and absolutely dominant when top tier.

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Wedge Regret
Alright. My first Tier IV. I transferred some of my crew from the M2 and trying this out in randoms. And hey I joined a clan! Thanks goon.

A lot is different with this vehicle. I do not have enough to research the rest but I will come tomorrow hopefully. For now I am just enjoying throwing this out and seeing if it sticks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Control Volume posted:

This game still really sucks rear end. Terrible teams and everything's gotten worse. Im just assuming this though because Im not going to reinstall to find out ha ha

Imagine literally all the maps being deliberately made worse, #snapshotmeta is still the name of the game, OP premiums still rule tier 8, and 3/5/7 is still an abomination. The game is much worse than it's ever been.

Alright. My first Tier IV. I transferred some of my crew from the M2 and trying this out in randoms. And hey I joined a clan! Thanks goon.

A lot is different with this vehicle. I do not have enough to research the rest but I will come tomorrow hopefully. For now I am just enjoying throwing this out and seeing if it sticks.

The M3 Lee is garbage and do not listen to anyone who says otherwise. If you have a 3+ skill crew and plenty of credits for gold ammo and all the modules unlocked and are already a great player with tons of map knowledge, the tank is terrible. If you're new it very well may make you quit the game, so please go ahead and play through the Lee and dissuade yourself from continuing to play World of Tanks.