Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

walrusman
Aug 4, 2006

Our culture is going through some...interesting changes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trash Boat
Dec 28, 2012

VROOM VROOM

Saw this shared on Facebook, couldn't roll my eyes hard enough.

Redrum and Coke
Feb 25, 2006

wAstIng 10 bUcks ON an aVaTar iS StUpid

Trash Boat posted:

Saw this shared on Facebook, couldn't roll my eyes hard enough.

Wait... Is this a school for the deaf? And why would non deaf people be able to SEE something deaf people don't? Why would a deaf kid think that? Such bullshit...

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Non Serviam posted:

Wait... Is this a school for the deaf? And why would non deaf people be able to SEE something deaf people don't? Why would a deaf kid think that? Such bullshit...

Maybe the one who suggested that was making a joke? Deaf people can be funny, you know.

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
not in my experience, just looks like interpretive dance to me.

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

Just pour it directly into your gaping mouth-hole you decadent slut
Guys, someone tried to murder me recently. Can anyone think of a creative prank I can play to get even?

Responses:

“she should greet jane as if nothing happened and see how jane reacts”

“she should avoid school the next day. And the next. Every night, she should put on the exact outfit she had on that day, hose herself down until she’s completely drenched and stand in Jane’s yard. When Jane is home alone, she should approach the window, staring at her. Knock on it if you don’t have her attention.
That’ll get her back for killing you and trying to hide the evidence.”

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Clearly she should throw a fake funeral, and stuff some cold cuts into the coffin for added credibility.

EVG
Dec 17, 2005

If I Saw It, Here's How It Happened.
I dunno, Leftover Coffin Meat would be a pretty good band name.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Tunicate posted:

Clearly she should throw a fake funeral, and stuff some cold cuts into the coffin for added credibility.

Please tell me the comments are people patiently explaining what coffins are and what they're for.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Splicer posted:

Please tell me the comments are people patiently explaining what coffins are and what they're for.

They are the reason it's always so loud in a funeral home.

Dr. Clockwork
Sep 9, 2011

I'LL PUT MY SCIENCE IN ALL OF YOU!
That’s not how any of that works. Eating embalmed flesh would probably not be healthy.

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

And as if it would be open casket.

"well we could only salvage a few chunks but sure wrap some dress fabric around them and open 'er up doc it's what Ethel would have wanted"

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

NtotheTC posted:

And as if it would be open casket.

"well we could only salvage a few chunks but sure wrap some dress fabric around them and open 'er up doc it's what Ethel would have wanted"
"Funeral's done? OK scoop her out and into the hole, we'll hose the coffin down later".

MrUnderbridge
Jun 25, 2011

Right. A Five Guys in Podunk Georgia is going to be completely staffed by loud liberals.

I think there's a hole in that story!

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

So much for the tolerant left

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

EVG posted:

I dunno, Leftover Coffin Meat would be a pretty good band name.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ymSofaKXp0&hd=1
It makes for a good song name at least. (warning, loud at the start.)

Lightning Sloth
Jun 19, 2004

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
Nah, the first one did. The other two not so much. At least one of the other two were just warcrimes.

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

Didn't America lose in Vietnam? Also, even if they'd won, how would that have protected MURICAN FREEDUMS? Did those farmers from across the globe try to silence the USA?

Also, imagine hating brown people to the point where you don't even care about your own country's war crimes against their children

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Serperoth posted:

Didn't America lose in Vietnam? Also, even if they'd won, how would that have protected MURICAN FREEDUMS? Did those farmers from across the globe try to silence the USA?

Also, imagine hating brown people to the point where you don't even care about your own country's war crimes against their children

SHUT-UP, IT WAS A TIE

But if I lost both my father and my spouse to wars and my son's draft number came up during 'Nam, I would put him on the next flight to Canada.

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011

"I lost loved ones, so bah gawd I will undo everything they died for to ensure they died in vain" :bahgawd:

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!

"They died so you could have the right to speak freely! SO SHUT UP!"

Orbs
Apr 1, 2009
~Liberation~
"daddy daughter date night" might be even worse than those parent/child dances schools sometimes have. :whitewater:

sephiRoth IRA
Jun 13, 2007

"Science is not only compatible with spirituality; it is a profound source of spirituality."

-Carl Sagan

Klingon w Bowl Cut posted:

"daddy daughter date night" might be even worse than those parent/child dances schools sometimes have. :whitewater:

Framed like that, sure, but having a dedicated night to get one on one quality time is totally normal. I still have “dates” with my daughter. She calls them that. She’s also four. I’m sure that terminology (and the hangouts themselves) will quickly stop when she gets older and doesn’t want to be seen with me. :sigh:

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!
It's a cool and good thing to do, but there are also a lot of people who do everything in their power to make it sound as creepy as possible.

sephiRoth IRA
Jun 13, 2007

"Science is not only compatible with spirituality; it is a profound source of spirituality."

-Carl Sagan

Sir Lemming posted:

It's a cool and good thing to do, but there are also a lot of people who do everything in their power to make it sound as creepy as possible.

Especially in the south.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

areyoucontagious posted:

Especially in the south.

What are you talking about Father Daughter Prom is a completely wholesome affair, and not at all a ritual designed to reinforce the concept of women being the property of their father's until they get married.

Lightning Sloth
Jun 19, 2004

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice

This one I would almost buy as real. The response letter isn't a "lol you random wacky person" but a "You've been harassing us and clearly think you're being funny but you're not."

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
Of course, responding with a meme.jpg letter to be posted on the internet instead of telling the mail room to start dumping letters from that address unopened is a questionable policy.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Fake because anyone who actually has that car knows it's a Cozy Coupe :colbert:

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.
I'm the letterhead that's just the logo

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

THE BIG DOG DADDY posted:

I'm the letterhead that's just the logo

I'm the web only broker that responds to physical letters with physical letters.

CordlessPen
Jan 8, 2004

I told you so...
Also, and I know this is a minor point, but I find it hard to believe that someone who signs letters in a somewhat official capacity would do it by hand with a blue ballpoint pen.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

So his relatives died in two wars where the USA was not threatened in any way but still went in and lost and somehow that had an effect on an Americans freedom to do things?

CordlessPen posted:

Also, and I know this is a minor point, but I find it hard to believe that someone who signs letters in a somewhat official capacity would do it by hand with a blue ballpoint pen.

Well if they sign things a lot they do, because other kinds of pens just suck rear end in general.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

Jerry Cotton posted:

So his relatives died in two wars where the USA was not threatened in any way but still went in and lost and somehow that had an effect on an Americans freedom to do things?

I too remember when the US attacked North Korea on false pretenses and then Korea was united under the popularly-supported northern government.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

I too remember when the US attacked North Korea on false pretenses and then Korea was united under the popularly-supported northern government.

I see.

CordlessPen
Jan 8, 2004

I told you so...

Jerry Cotton posted:

Well if they sign things a lot they do, because other kinds of pens just suck rear end in general.

My Cross gel pens vehemently disagree! I come from a long line of boring brown-socked bureaucrats with unhealthy obsessions with pens and they all used a .png of their signature for more mundane things and got out the Montblanc for big deal stuff. I had an uncle and an ex girlfriend who used fountain pens, which I think crosses into pretentious territory.

Anyway, I think a more important question would be "what is accomplished by faking a letter that states, correctly, that I made a bad joke to absolutely no avail or effect"?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

CordlessPen posted:

Anyway, I think a more important question would be "what is accomplished by faking a letter that states, correctly, that I made a bad joke to absolutely no avail or effect"?

your pals on reddit might think you're wicked cool