Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

CaptainScraps posted:

Get a percentage of the Crim too. Also if you're ballsy, do family law. Dv cases are good money but absolutely soul crushing.

She asked if I wanted to do family law in house for them. I told her not particularly, but I would if I need to.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

Mr. Nice! posted:

She offered $50k but I wanted to see if I could get $55k. I told her I’m worth a tax credit and asked for $60k. She said $55k with a bump to $60k on April 1st next year. Looks like I have a job. :grovertoot:

almost missed this cool and good post because you nerds won't shut the gently caress up about star wars and sandwiches

congrats mr nice

G-Mawwwwwww
Jan 31, 2003

My LPth are Hot Garbage
Biscuit Hider

Mr. Nice! posted:

She asked if I wanted to do family law in house for them. I told her not particularly, but I would if I need to.

My hardest cases are dv.

I'd recommend learning to do both or really specializing in dui law.

Tokelau All Star
Feb 23, 2008

THE TAXES! THE FINGER THING MEANS THE TAXES!

I'd rather do a million DV trials than a DUI trial.

Pook Good Mook
Aug 6, 2013

ENFORCE THE UNITED STATES DRESS CODE AT ALL COSTS!

This message paid for by the Men's Wearhouse& Jos A Bank Lobbying Group

Tokelau All Star posted:

Same.

Tokelau All Star
Feb 23, 2008

If you dig action movies, strong recommend for the Night Comes For Us on Netflix. White Boy Bobby looks exactly like a solid chunk of my crazy addict clients. The eyes.

nm
Jan 28, 2008

"I saw Minos the Space Judge holding a golden sceptre and passing sentence upon the Martians. There he presided, and around him the noble Space Prosecutors sought the firm justice of space law."

Tokelau All Star posted:

Nope. I am a massive science nerd. I love that loving poo poo.
The only "B" count (aka >.08 v. impaired) I ever got a conviction on was a 0.13 and the jury really thought about it, i think they were out for 2-3 days.
Drug DUIs are also hella fun, I never lost one of those and was pretty good as just getting them dumped before trial.

Also, DV clients are whiny bitches.

If I could just do DUI trials everyday (well, maybe a day of prep) with no office bullshit, I'd do it.

Lote
Aug 5, 2001

Place your bets
Hypothetical, I pranked a couple people but the freaked out and they told the FBI. I heard from a friend that the FBI was looking into it so I covered my tracks by deleting everything. I might be on probation for something completely unrelated that I did when I was 17. The FBI hasn’t contacted me yet so I have some time. Is there anything else I should do to cover my bases? Maybe throw in a few tweets to play it cool? I have the whole lawyer thing covered as my dad is my lawyer.

Tokelau All Star
Feb 23, 2008

If this is real, you should probably stop talking about it/telling randos on the internet about it.

nm
Jan 28, 2008

"I saw Minos the Space Judge holding a golden sceptre and passing sentence upon the Martians. There he presided, and around him the noble Space Prosecutors sought the firm justice of space law."

Lote posted:

Hypothetical, I pranked a couple people but the freaked out and they told the FBI. I heard from a friend that the FBI was looking into it so I covered my tracks by deleting everything. I might be on probation for something completely unrelated that I did when I was 17. The FBI hasn’t contacted me yet so I have some time. Is there anything else I should do to cover my bases? Maybe throw in a few tweets to play it cool? I have the whole lawyer thing covered as my dad is my lawyer.

I recommend you keep digging. Eventually you'll hit China and they don't extradite.

Tokelau All Star posted:

If this is real, you should probably stop talking about it/telling randos on the internet about it.
You should look at the news.

Lote
Aug 5, 2001

Place your bets

nm posted:

I recommend you keep digging. Eventually you'll hit China and they don't extradite.

Ticket booked to Taipei. It’s not a country so no one can be extradited from it right?

Tokelau All Star
Feb 23, 2008

nm posted:

Goddammit. What am I looking for?

Lote
Aug 5, 2001

Place your bets

Tokelau All Star posted:

A Surefire Comedy of Errors.

Gossip about whether or not I date Instagram models is also none of this thread’s concern.

EwokEntourage
Jun 10, 2008

BREYER: Actually, Antonin, you got it backwards. See, a power bottom is actually generating all the dissents by doing most of the work.

SCALIA: Stephen, I've heard that speed has something to do with it.

BREYER: Speed has everything to do with it.

Tokelau All Star posted:

https://www.gq.com/story/the-lasts-tweets-of-jacob-wohl

Imagine trying to scam mueller. Now imagine doing that as a loving idiot

Phil Moscowitz
Feb 19, 2007

If blood be the price of admiralty,
Lord God, we ha' paid in full!
That kid is insanely stupid but I really hope he goes to prison

E. Lol

https://twitter.com/thetomzone/status/1057383937893416962?s=21

https://twitter.com/formalscrunchie/status/1057385411553751040?s=21

See how easy it is to make a fake rape accusation?

Phil Moscowitz fucked around with this message at 08:37 on Oct 31, 2018

Pook Good Mook
Aug 6, 2013

ENFORCE THE UNITED STATES DRESS CODE AT ALL COSTS!

This message paid for by the Men's Wearhouse& Jos A Bank Lobbying Group
Something that was talked about in the Trump(!) thread that I agree with is that people like Wohl (people who identify with Gordon Gecko) view the world as entirely transactional and can't conceive of someone like Dr. Ford nuking their career due to a moral compulsion. To them, life is a scoreboard and money is points.

It goes without saying, but poo poo like this is why people who assume everything is a conspiracy theory are loving stupid. It is HARD to get facts to line up and cover your tracks. It's why I prep witnesses by telling them that the most important thing to remember is to not lie if you don't know an answer and just say "I don't know" or "I don't remember." Because stories are told in chunks in a direct examination, a small lie early becomes the rotten foundation that everything else that follows is built on.

Anyway, gently caress Jacob Wohl. I hope he keeps reply-sniping Trump right up until he goes to prison.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
I dropped a lot on three nice suits from jos a bank during my first semester of law school 5 years ago. I weighed around 40-50lbs more than I do now. Tailor said there’s no way he can take them in and make them work. I never once wore these suits and now i’m donating grand to charity :lol:

terrorist ambulance
Nov 5, 2009

Pook Good Mook posted:

Something that was talked about in the Trump(!) thread that I agree with is that people like Wohl (people who identify with Gordon Gecko) view the world as entirely transactional and can't conceive of someone like Dr. Ford nuking their career due to a moral compulsion. To them, life is a scoreboard and money is points.

It goes without saying, but poo poo like this is why people who assume everything is a conspiracy theory are loving stupid. It is HARD to get facts to line up and cover your tracks. It's why I prep witnesses by telling them that the most important thing to remember is to not lie if you don't know an answer and just say "I don't know" or "I don't remember." Because stories are told in chunks in a direct examination, a small lie early becomes the rotten foundation that everything else that follows is built on.

Anyway, gently caress Jacob Wohl. I hope he keeps reply-sniping Trump right up until he goes to prison.

Its not that complicated. There's a whole ecosystem of right wing welfare, from the supreme court on down, and it attracts guys like Wohl because you just have to be dishonest.

The grift is so loving simple, it doesnt require you to do anything other than tow the line and get paid. The big minds of the new right are like ben shapiro and Jordan Peterson, guys who are one step above needing a drool cup.

They're just dumb and liars and are willing to bend that towards making money in the easiest way possible, which is doing stupid poo poo like diaping up for campus open carry or whatever stupid poo poo

terrorist ambulance
Nov 5, 2009
See also - the rebel, gavin mcinnes, etc

Nice piece of fish
Jan 29, 2008

Ultra Carp

Mr. Nice! posted:

I dropped a lot on three nice suits from jos a bank during my first semester of law school 5 years ago. I weighed around 40-50lbs more than I do now. Tailor said there’s no way he can take them in and make them work. I never once wore these suits and now i’m donating grand to charity :lol:

Same, except I gained 40-50 pounds. Now I'm losing it again not because I'm sitting less or getting more excercise or eating healty, I'm just so loving stressed out lately I'm literally losing weight.

I did get an interview for a municipal gig that's pretty sweet, but I don't dare hope.

Nice piece of fish
Jan 29, 2008

Ultra Carp

terrorist ambulance posted:

Its not that complicated. There's a whole ecosystem of right wing welfare, from the supreme court on down, and it attracts guys like Wohl because you just have to be dishonest.

The grift is so loving simple, it doesnt require you to do anything other than tow the linetoe the line and get paid. The big minds of the new right are like ben shapiro and Jordan Peterson, guys who are one step above needing a drool cup.

They're just dumb and liars and are willing to bend that towards making money in the easiest way possible, which is doing stupid poo poo like diaping up for campus open carry or whatever stupid poo poo

:spergin: you're welcome :spergin:

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Thank you for your service to correct language

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer

Mr. Nice! posted:

I at least wore mine, and have been too lazy to go get new ones so half of my clothes fit (the ones my wife bought for me) and the other half looks like I'm wearing my dad's clothes.

nm
Jan 28, 2008

Mr. Nice! posted:

I've had this done. It costs because they're basically re-cutting the jacket though.

Hot Dog Day #91
Jun 19, 2003

I have been home 3 days with my sick kid and I desperately want to go to work.

Also my wife is pregnant and it's a girl which is cool as hell.

gvibes
Jan 18, 2010

Leading us to the promised land (i.e., one tournament win in five years)
I have been in all day meetings with experts, or in depositions of experts, for 19 days in the month of October. Across seven different cities. Kill me.

homullus
Mar 27, 2009

I can't tell whether this thread likes nerdy law questions. I guess we'll see!

True story: my classmate's break room at work was getting a new refrigerator, so everyone was given a week to clear their stored food. She noticed a frozen meal in the freezer that was a kind she liked, and began to scheme -- if the owner didn't claim it within the week, she was totally going to eat it. Every day she checked, every day it was still there. On the last day, 20 minutes before the deadline for removal, she gave in and took it. As she was clearing the ice off the package to refer to the heating instructions, she uncovered her name on the box, in her own handwriting.

We talked for a bit about whether she was guilty of anything, especially attempt.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

homullus posted:

I can't tell whether this thread likes nerdy law questions. I guess we'll see!

True story: my classmate's break room at work was getting a new refrigerator, so everyone was given a week to clear their stored food. She noticed a frozen meal in the freezer that was a kind she liked, and began to scheme -- if the owner didn't claim it within the week, she was totally going to eat it. Every day she checked, every day it was still there. On the last day, 20 minutes before the deadline for removal, she gave in and took it. As she was clearing the ice off the package to refer to the heating instructions, she uncovered her name on the box, in her own handwriting.

We talked for a bit about whether she was guilty of anything, especially attempt.
this is a safe space for broken alcoholics to while away the ever-diminishing hours remaining before we commit suicide, not to answer 1L hypotheticals

you're looking for https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3266659&pagenumber=773#lastpost

Tokelau All Star
Feb 23, 2008

Everything in the work fridge is fair game for everyone in the office, except the head clerk's lunch.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

you're a nice, clean boy, blarzgh

Tokelau All Star posted:

Everything in the work fridge is fair game for everyone in the office, except the head clerk's lunch.

yeah anything I put in the breakroom fridge is dead to me the moment it goes in

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Found myself thinking about how today is a great day to get ahead on work since a lot of people will be too busy "enjoying the holiday" to pester me. :shepicide:

Lote
Aug 5, 2001

Place your bets

terrorist ambulance posted:

The grift is so loving simple, it doesnt require you to do anything other than tow the line and get paid. The big minds of the new right are like ben shapiro and Jordan Peterson, guys who are one step above needing a drool cup.

He’s trying to leapfrog over the other competitors to the mainstream. The only problem that’s standing in his way is that he’s incompetent. Oh and he chose the worst person possible. (Maybe Wray would’ve been worse. They’re gonna get him on charges he can’t evade like obstruction, evidence tampering.) Oh and I believe he’s still on probation for those financial crimes back in Arizona which are state charges.

He is so boned. I don’t know how the FBI has shaken this perception that it is methodical and thorough in its investigations, but it’s resulting in hilarity. See George Poppadopolis and him saying recently that he is planning on withdrawing his guilty plea. (He’s been sentenced already and is serving his house arrest/probation.)

nutri_void
Apr 18, 2015

I shall devour your soul.
Grimey Drawer
wait you had a break room?

Hot Dog Day #91
Jun 19, 2003

The break room is for staff. I have my own fridge.

nutri_void
Apr 18, 2015

I shall devour your soul.
Grimey Drawer
There was no fridge at my last place
(plenty of promises to buy one, though)

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
My corner office is huge. I went in to do hiring paperwork today and already had a case dumped on me. Arguing in a hearing on Friday. Boss likes my writing and my argument. Got a brand new google pixel phone so I have a local number to give crazy people now and am manning the office solo tomorrow morning because she had to take over a case that's going to trial tomorrow.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
None of the video links in the courthouse work. I been at work since 730 and half of that has been me sitting on my rear end reading twitter in the gallery while we the clerks stress out over technology.

nm
Jan 28, 2008

Mr. Nice! posted:

My corner office is huge. I went in to do hiring paperwork today and already had a case dumped on me. Arguing in a hearing on Friday. Boss likes my writing and my argument. Got a brand new google pixel phone so I have a local number to give crazy people now and am manning the office solo tomorrow morning because she had to take over a case that's going to trial tomorrow.

If you need to call crazy people on your own phone, remember *67. A public defender's best friend.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Hot Dog Day #91 posted:

The break room is for staff. I have my own fridge.

I'm too cheap to buy my own fridge

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nm
Jan 28, 2008

My lovely state building has weak fuses, so fridges are kinda problematic.