Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Whooping Crabs posted:

Hey look it's low carb "bread"

fizzymercy posted:

1 entire French bread loaf from the Wal-mart bakery.

It might be "bread" but that doesn't seem particularly low-carb

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sorry for the derail but I fuckin love me some racoons

The Bloop posted:

It might be "bread" but that doesn't seem particularly low-carb

Whoops I missed the part about bread and imagined the remaining ingredients being baked together in a loaf pan

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Whooping Crabs posted:

Whoops I missed the part about bread and imagined the remaining ingredients being baked together in a loaf pan

That's also how I read it, you're not alone.

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

:wtc:

tribbledirigible
Jul 27, 2004
I finally beat the internet. The end boss was hard.

Ugh, that's revolting.

I only eat locally sourced, fresh meconium. :colbert:

fizzymercury
Aug 18, 2011
That's just gross. Those tortilla chips are terrible. Who wants to scoop up unspeakable horrors with stale, stomped on chips? Shameful.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Whole lot of terrible stuff posted recently. Yikes.

Fashionably Great
Jul 10, 2008

Extremely regret not bringing this to the work potluck today

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

Hot mayo was one of those things I never encountered before living in Asia.

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008
Hot Mayo is a good band name

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender

quote:

Pizza - Chef Boyardee for sauce and toppings, tortilla for crust, and cheddar cheese slices.

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

fizzymercy posted:

Those are not hot mayonnaise from a jar. I'd rather lick a hobo's feet than eat mayo from a jar. To compare hot Hellmanns to hollandaise is just rude.

I know hot mayo. My mother's favorite food is jalapeno cheese bread. The recipe is:

1 small jar mayonnaise
1 small chopped jalapeno, the mildest available
1 green onion
4 cups cheddar cheese
too much salt, glance at the pepper

Mix all and plorp onto 1 entire French bread loaf from the Wal-mart bakery. Bake at 350 until slimy, the mayo should be completely translucent and smell vaguely of chemicals. Serve lukewarm.

I saw a suspiciously similar recipe for cheesy bagels in an old Betty crocker book except it also barely had any cheese so it was mostly baked mayo.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

I agree it's a joke, but not a funny one :colbert:

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

JGdmn
Jun 12, 2005

Like I give a fuck.

tribbledirigible posted:

Ugh, that's revolting.

I only eat locally sourced, fresh meconium. :colbert:

Black as doll's eyes.

SLOSifl
Aug 10, 2002

This is an AI generated interpretation of goatse built from ASDA photos, right?

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler

Mmm delicious melena sauce pizza

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Many many many years ago I had a “spooky” kids cookbook that had a recipe for a cheesy ghost on toast. The whole recipe was:
1: Cut a ghost shape out of a slice of cheese
2: Put it on a slice of toast

Glad to see someone taking it to the next level these days. :3:

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

irrelevant side comment

i've been bartending at an Asian restaurant for a couple months now, and way back in the thread when i was catching up Mapo Tofu got brought up. I'd intended to try it anyway, but that spurred me to go ahead and get it for a shift meal.

it's really good!

Mapo Chicken is better, but then i've got a texture thing about tofu

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench
I hope the cheesy ghosts keep their shape, in witch case would :spooky:

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

Huh, never would’ve expected Kirk Johnson to get into the flatbread game.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

https://twitter.com/workmanalice/status/1057889190665322498

Tashilicious
Jul 17, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

very would

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

yes please

empty sea
Jul 17, 2011

gonna saddle my seahorse and float out to the sunset
I had free Indian food twice this week because one of this years interns is so stupid he ordered food to work instead of his apartment two days in a row. Not just once. Two times.

It was pretty drat good.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

https://twitter.com/TerribleMaps/status/967099082228535299

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost

I've literally never heard of NJ having a distinct pizza type. That said, I agree that Chicago-style is an affront to god.

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

Detroit-style kicks rear end. :colbert:

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost

Hirayuki posted:

Detroit-style kicks rear end. :colbert:

Yeah it does. I found about it through this very thread, in fact.

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
it's rhode island style which is an affront to god and man

Croatoan
Jun 24, 2005

I am inevitable.
ROBBLE GROBBLE
I mean, It's not pizza but it's good on its own. It's a pizza casserole.

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!
Sure, this derail again. Anyway, coming from NY I can tell you that it should be marked way more similar to the way they marked Chicago vs. Illinois. Upstate NY pizza is really no better than anywhere else. NYC/Long Island is where you find the fabled "New York pizza".

tribbledirigible
Jul 27, 2004
I finally beat the internet. The end boss was hard.

Zipperelli. posted:

I've literally never heard of NJ having a distinct pizza type. That said, I agree that Chicago-style is an affront to god.

I think I live too close the NYC to see a difference, but some of my friends have noted a difference, just couldn't give details on what.

bob dobbs is dead posted:

I think you can still eat it without covering your head, unlike that Brazilian pizza.

Perry Mason Jar
Feb 24, 2006

"Della? Take a lid"

tribbledirigible posted:

I think you can still eat it without covering your head, unlike that Brazilian pizza.

It's haram with or without a hijab subhanallah

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Brick-oven pizza is the only "New York pizza" that is really worth getting excited about.

If you go to Manhattan you'll be inundated with like 2 Bros and Famiglia and Bravo and all those by-the-slice heatlamp garbage places that are what everyone thinks of as "New York pizza". There is literally nothing good about that bullshit that they chop off the display case pie and stick in the oven for two minutes so you can ease on down the road with it folded in half and the cheese and grease dripping down your sleeve. It's utility pizza and an evolution of circumstance and expediency just like Dominos and other high-volume chain pizzas are in their own contexts. Saying "New York Pizza is good" while thinking of 2 Bros is like judging pad thai on the basis of something you bought in the frozen dinner aisle

Chicago style does not deserve anybody's hate. It is delicious. Call it something other than pizza if you want, just enjoy it. Enjoy it as intended, like you would any local cuisine. With giardiniera and hot peppers and sausage. One "slice" is plenty. Nothing wrong with that as long as you're not applying totally irrelevant pizza rules to it like "can pick up slice in your hand" or "has no toppings on it besides cheese"

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost

Data Graham posted:

"has no toppings on it besides cheese"

still all around in agreement that rhode island pizza is an affront to god and man

darthbob88
Oct 13, 2011

YOSPOS

bob dobbs is dead posted:

Tomato pie? Because I would, if unhappily. The real outrage is probably Southern tomato pie.

quote:

The Southern tomato pie is a tomato dish from the Southern United States. It consists of a pie shell with a filling of tomatoes (sometimes with basil or other herbs), covered with a topping of grated cheese mixed with either mayonnaise or a white sauce.[1][2] It is considered a summer dish, to be made when tomatoes are in season.

big trivia FAIL
May 9, 2003

"Jorge wants to be hardcore,
but his mom won't let him"

darthbob88 posted:

Tomato pie? Because I would, if unhappily. The real outrage is probably Southern tomato pie.

I mean, it southern tomato pie is 100% good eats if you like tomatoes, especially if its made with homegrown or heirlooms or something

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer
I spend a decent amount of time in NYC and have for years and I don’t see a noticeable quality difference between it and a lot of places around where I live in south eastern PA. Although most are native Italian/New York italian owned so that might explain it. New Jersey pizza is good too but usually similar, maybe with a somewhat flatter crust but usually I associate it with boardwalk pizza like Mack and Mancos which holds some heavy nostalgia

Also that map is ridiculous just for no alnowledgment of connecticut

Aesop Poprock has a new favorite as of 02:22 on Nov 2, 2018